IQ average (90) For Law Enforcement
The Real Facts

Sanford, NC

#21 Sep 23, 2008
First of all in response to the "firecracker" incident; COPS ARE NOT BABYSITTERS!!! They do not have time nor the desire to replace good ol’ fashion parenting. There are numerous parents, neighbors etc. who will call the police to “straighten up” the local kids. If they are committing a crime, call the police. Otherwise, let’s find the real blame here in Mom and Dad (if he is still around). Don’t get me wrong I understand your concern and frustration and would it have been me responding I would have treated the situation a little differently.

Grouping all police officers into high speed chasing low IQ idiots is not only unfair it’s ignorant. Typically I have found that the departments that attract the best officers offer the best pay, incentives, work environment etc. If you are unhappy with your police department or its officers do something about it. We have this little thing called an election every few years and that is the time to make your voice heard and demand better for your police officers therefore attracting better police officers.

“To stop the murdering we need a higher standard of law enforcement.” Ok, not sure this deserves a response but I’ll give it a shot. To stop the murdering you speak of people need to not kill other people. Police cannot be everywhere! They cannot assign an officer to every person/household to make sure some husband doesn’t kill his wife or prevent a gang member from assaulting a citizen. It is just not possible and that my friends would be called a “policed state” which I’m sure nobody wants (even though I’m sure someone will say it already is, also ignorant).

And finally in response to the question of a police officer’s IQ; police officers are human. Some are very intelligent, some are not so intelligent. However it does not take a brain surgeon to do a police officer’s job. One common thing I hope they all have is the desire to do what is right and help others when in need. Are there “bad” cops? Sure, just as there are “bad” doctors, mechanics, teachers and so on. That doesn’t give anyone the right to say police officers are “mentally challenged.” Once again, IGNORANT!

The bottom line is you want better officers! Demand them from your local department. Ask them to require college education beyond BLET (Basic Law Enforcement Training). When it comes to blaming cops for everything people seem to always fail to blame themselves for not asking their town, city, county and state for higher standards. As for me, I am a police officer. I was not picked on or shoved as a kid. I had all the friends I could have asked for and I have no desire to feel “more important” than anyone. I have an above average IQ score along with high SAT scores, etc. I have no mental issues or underlying reasons to become a cop other than the fact that there is no better feeling than knowing you prevented something really bad from happening or you just made some 4 year old smile by sticking a badge on his shirt. There is no better job in the world and when citizens begin to realize that there are good well educated police officers in their town, it will be even better. Calling us ignorant and mentally challenged will not do anything but further the separation felt in many places between the police and those they are sworn to serve & protect (i.e. YOU).

Oh yeah, my resume: 4 yr Bachelors Degree in Criminal Justice (UNCW, not some BS online school); Minor in Sociology (UNCW); 7 months of long BLET training. When I was job hunting I had a few departments trying to recruit me. After careful consideration I went to a department who pays very well (considering), appreciates their officers, and most importantly has a lot of community support. Pretty good for a mentally retarded Police Officer, Huh? Oh yeah, my IQ scores are in the 120s for every test I have taken.
Rob

King, NC

#22 Oct 8, 2008
Has anyone ever seen CJ program materials??

Its like special ed...Trust me, its not pre-law or anything fancy, its get this guy through a simple program so we can call him a "graduate"

Police brutality is out of control in this country. I grew up with 2 family members in law enforcement and I cant tell you they are the biggest group of drunk, adulterous liars on the face of the planet. Its there job to protect...their job.
Rob

King, NC

#23 Oct 8, 2008
O...and one more thing...
average IQ runs from 100-120...not 100 on the dot...
so anybody UNDER 100 falls into the "slower" or "police ready" group...
gesh...i would think they would demand at least 120 at the high end of average....scary world...
citizen

Jonas Ridge, NC

#24 Nov 27, 2008
Funny Face wrote:
<quoted text>
The national IQ for Police Officers is 104. An average IQ is from 100 to 103. This means that anyone who made at least "B's" and "C's" in school could qualify for a job with the Police Force. However, more schooling is needed to be a detective, etc.. No one gets up one day and starts being a Police Officer. They must take law enforcement classes in college and go through the Police Academy.Dumb ass- grades in school have nothing to do with an IQ. It's something that a person is born with. police jobs attract the damaged people of society, the kids that are damaged from being pushed around in school or the ones that are bullies in school usualy caused by parental or sexual abuse. I've noticed that you (funnyface) always seem to be pimping for law enforcement. several people say that you are a damaged cop as well and not the elderly housewife that you claim to be. My seargent in the army had an IQ of 147 with only an eigth grade education. once again, school has nothing to do with an IQ. after careful research the results are. average IQ nationwide for police, Detectives included 92. everyone knows that our police deal with a great deal of slime on the street but that is no excuse to do crimes themselves.
IMO It would take a big dummy to believe your post!
Dumb ass- school has nothin to do with an IQ. My training seargent in the army had an IQ of 147 with an eighth grade education. a persons IQ can be determined at a very early age. it's something that your born with. the national average IQ for law enforcement, detectives included is 92. It seems (funnyface) that you are always pimping for the cops. several people say that you are a damaged cop yourself and not the elderly housewife that you claim to be.
mothers of america

Jonas Ridge, NC

#25 Nov 27, 2008
Funny Face wrote:
<quoted text>
I did check and I also read that Policeman have to continually get more education, if they want better pay. Some cops have 4 years of college. A high school drop out "cannot" be a cop.
ONCE AGAIN - school has nothing to do with an IQ. if they do not have the tools to learn, learn they will not. an IQ is the tools needed to learn. police officers fall way short of said tools.
real life

Clarksville, TN

#26 Nov 29, 2008
Rob wrote:
O...and one more thing...
average IQ runs from 100-120...not 100 on the dot...
so anybody UNDER 100 falls into the "slower" or "police ready" group...
gesh...i would think they would demand at least 120 at the high end of average....scary world...
Your post is on target, please continue your posts that with time and hope our boys in blue will rise to a higher standard. Keep a watchful eye on this funnyface person, it is a cop or a pimp for the cops. poeple like this are why we are stuck in a rut with idiots.
Truth

United States

#27 Dec 10, 2008
real life wrote:
<quoted text>Your post is on target, please continue your posts that with time and hope our boys in blue will rise to a higher standard. Keep a watchful eye on this funnyface person, it is a cop or a pimp for the cops. poeple like this are why we are stuck in a rut with idiots.
I get the same feeling about funnyface. It is clear that if (it) is an elderly woman that (it) needs to go back on (it's) medication.(ALL) not one (ALL) members of law enforcement are idiots.

Since: Dec 08

Matthews, NC

#28 Dec 11, 2008
While it is a little biased to attempt to group all of Gastonia Police and Detectives as being a couple bricks shy of a full load, I will say the driveway don’t quite come up to the porch on a few. However the few are bringing down the entire department. They will make false reports, intimidate, commit perjury, twist and create misleading facts. It seems if they want to arrest someone they will, then work the evidence to collaborate.
THIS HAS TO STOP. The officers and detectives that practice this should publicly dismissed. Once the public sees an attempt to repair the integrity of the department, the public will then have faith in the officers. The ethical officers that are left employed will have the full support of the community, no matter what his IQ is.
Thunder

Clarksville, TN

#29 Dec 11, 2008
The Real Facts wrote:
First of all in response to the "firecracker" incident; COPS ARE NOT BABYSITTERS!!! They do not have time nor the desire to replace good ol’ fashion parenting. There are numerous parents, neighbors etc. who will call the police to “straighten up” the local kids. If they are committing a crime, call the police. Otherwise, let’s find the real blame here in Mom and Dad (if he is still around). Don’t get me wrong I understand your concern and frustration and would it have been me responding I would have treated the situation a little differently.
Grouping all police officers into high speed chasing low IQ idiots is not only unfair it’s ignorant. Typically I have found that the departments that attract the best officers offer the best pay, incentives, work environment etc. If you are unhappy with your police department or its officers do something about it. We have this little thing called an election every few years and that is the time to make your voice heard and demand better for your police officers therefore attracting better police officers.
“To stop the murdering we need a higher standard of law enforcement.” Ok, not sure this deserves a response but I’ll give it a shot. To stop the murdering you speak of people need to not kill other people. Police cannot be everywhere! They cannot assign an officer to every person/household to make sure some husband doesn’t kill his wife or prevent a gang member from assaulting a citizen. It is just not possible and that my friends would be called a “policed state” which I’m sure nobody wants (even though I’m sure someone will say it already is, also ignorant).
And finally in response to the question of a police officer’s IQ; police officers are human. Some are very intelligent, some are not so intelligent. However it does not take a brain surgeon to do a police officer’s job. One common thing I hope they all have is the desire to do what is right and help others when in need. Are there “bad” cops? Sure, just as there are “bad” doctors, mechanics, teachers and so on. That doesn’t give anyone the right to say police officers are “mentally challenged.” Once again, IGNORANT!
The bottom line is you want better officers! Demand them from your local department. Ask them to require college education beyond BLET (Basic Law Enforcement Training). When it comes to blaming cops for everything people seem to always fail to blame themselves for not asking their town, city, county and state for higher standards. As for me, I am a police officer. I was not picked on or shoved as a kid. I had all the friends I could have asked for and I have no desire to feel “more important” than anyone. I have an above average IQ score along with high SAT scores, etc. I have no mental issues or underlying reasons to become a cop other than the fact that there is no better feeling than knowing you prevented something really bad from happening or you just made some 4 year old smile by sticking a badge on his shirt. There is no better job in the world and when citizens begin to realize that there are good well educated police officers in their town, it will be even better. Calling us ignorant and mentally challenged will not do anything but further the separation felt in many places between the police and those they are sworn to serve & protect (i.e. YOU).
Oh yeah, my resume: 4 yr Bachelors Degree in Criminal Justice (UNCW, not some BS online school); Minor in Sociology (UNCW); 7 months of long BLET training. When I was job hunting I had a few departments trying to recruit me. After careful consideration I went to a department who pays very well (considering), appreciates their officers, and most importantly has a lot of community support. Pretty good for a mentally retarded Police Officer, Huh? Oh yeah, my IQ scores are in the 120s for every test I have taken.
Mine is 147 and you are correct, completely
Joe Friday

Albemarle, NC

#30 Dec 11, 2008
I would like to thank everyone who has posted a thought. It makes me proud to see you exercising your 1st ammendment right to free speech, which, by the way, the GOOD officers work diligently to protect everyday. With that said, allow me to express a few thoughts...

Why is it that everyone is happy to see a fireman and not a police officer? I mean, a police officer serves a search warrant on a drug house and gets complained on because he tracked mud on the carpet. A fireman removes half the roof and fills your house with water, destroying everything you own and you fall all over yourself to thank him. I don't get it.

As for you IQ elitist job whores, a person does not become a police officer to exercise domain over other people or for a fat paycheck. They do it out of a since of service. Who else is going to do it. Certainly not you, Rob from Mebane.
I am a college graduate but I firmly believe that you can send a fool to college and all you will have is an educated fool.

Understand that I can only speak on behalf of the GOOD officers. I would love nothing more than to "weed out" the sorry ones, they only stand to make my job harder.

Another thing! When you are in public with your children and YOU can't control them, don't point out the officer and tell your kid that if they don't behave the officer will take them away. All you are doing is instilling an irrational fear of the police in a child who should be comforted by their presence.

The cops some of you refer to are the ones whose self worth is associated with their title. I, along with many others, identify ourselves as mothers, fathers, sons, daughters, brothers and sisters who have taken on the task of being the sheep dogs. The sheep sometimes can't tell the difference between the sheep dog and the wolf. If you don't understand that, you should read the books by Lt. Col. Dave Grossman.

I, for one, am proud to continue the good fight with my brother and sister officers, one that I have fought for mare than 10 years. Thank you, citizens of Gaston County, for allowing me to serve you.
Thunder

Auburn, AL

#31 Dec 13, 2008
Joe Friday wrote:
I would like to thank everyone who has posted a thought. It makes me proud to see you exercising your 1st ammendment right to free speech, which, by the way, the GOOD officers work diligently to protect everyday. With that said, allow me to express a few thoughts...
Why is it that everyone is happy to see a fireman and not a police officer? I mean, a police officer serves a search warrant on a drug house and gets complained on because he tracked mud on the carpet. A fireman removes half the roof and fills your house with water, destroying everything you own and you fall all over yourself to thank him. I don't get it.
As for you IQ elitist job whores, a person does not become a police officer to exercise domain over other people or for a fat paycheck. They do it out of a since of service. Who else is going to do it. Certainly not you, Rob from Mebane.
I am a college graduate but I firmly believe that you can send a fool to college and all you will have is an educated fool.
Understand that I can only speak on behalf of the GOOD officers. I would love nothing more than to "weed out" the sorry ones, they only stand to make my job harder.
Another thing! When you are in public with your children and YOU can't control them, don't point out the officer and tell your kid that if they don't behave the officer will take them away. All you are doing is instilling an irrational fear of the police in a child who should be comforted by their presence.
The cops some of you refer to are the ones whose self worth is associated with their title. I, along with many others, identify ourselves as mothers, fathers, sons, daughters, brothers and sisters who have taken on the task of being the sheep dogs. The sheep sometimes can't tell the difference between the sheep dog and the wolf. If you don't understand that, you should read the books by Lt. Col. Dave Grossman.
I, for one, am proud to continue the good fight with my brother and sister officers, one that I have fought for mare than 10 years. Thank you, citizens of Gaston County, for allowing me to serve you.
You are trying hard, and we all appriciate this Joe. No one that I know and or speak to has any fear in any way of law enforcement. with the exception of yourself an very few more, we know that most of law enforcement are scared little boys and girls damaged during childhood and hideing behind a badge,waiting for a back shot somewhere for retribution on society. they just hide and wait for the right time for a homeless man or any docile person to turn their back, then they shoot or club or tase or whatever then make up heroic stories to lift the view of themselves. This is what this entire post is about, low Iq which has nothing to do with education but the tools to receive and hold information. The job of law enforcement attracts this very low iq and damaged people, this is not a dig against law enforcement only to bring public that law enforcement is a safe haven for the mentaly ill. this is where they are safe to hide and abuse the less dominate as they themselves were abused.
Joe Friday

Auburn, AL

#32 Dec 15, 2008
Your screen name says it all. Thunder is just the sound, while lightning is dangerous.
Joe Friday

Auburn, AL

#33 Dec 15, 2008
Thunder wrote:
<quoted text> You are trying hard, and we all appriciate this Joe. No one that I know and or speak to has any fear in any way of law enforcement. with the exception of yourself an very few more, we know that most of law enforcement are scared little boys and girls damaged during childhood and hideing behind a badge,waiting for a back shot somewhere for retribution on society. they just hide and wait for the right time for a homeless man or any docile person to turn their back, then they shoot or club or tase or whatever then make up heroic stories to lift the view of themselves. This is what this entire post is about, low Iq which has nothing to do with education but the tools to receive and hold information. The job of law enforcement attracts this very low iq and damaged people, this is not a dig against law enforcement only to bring public that law enforcement is a safe haven for the mentaly ill. this is where they are safe to hide and abuse the less dominate as they themselves were abused.
You must be a very intelligent person, so I feel confident you can answer this simple problem.

Rules:
1- you have two equal lengths of rope and a lighter.
2- the ropes burn at an inconsistent rate but each will burn completely in 1 hour.
3- use only the information and items noted.

Question:
How do you determine when 45 minutes has passed?

This is indicative of the type of problems COPS solve daily.
against crooked cops

United States

#34 Dec 15, 2008
Joe Friday wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be a very intelligent person, so I feel confident you can answer this simple problem.
Rules:
2- the ropes burn at an inconsistent rate but each will burn completely in 1 hour.
Question:
First of all cops do not solve anything, the snitches do. go back to your squad car and play with your puzzle while crimes go down.
Thunder

United States

#35 Dec 15, 2008
Joe Friday wrote:
<quoted text>
Rules:
Question:
It takes a real idiot to spend his days playing with puzzles. this must be the final question from idiot school in order for you to receive your badge and gun.(you) without doubt are the prize catch of your department. please remember that real people read this post and your ignorance shines as bright as the flashing lights on your personal car. you are nothing to anyone other than your self.
Truth be told

United States

#36 Dec 15, 2008
Joe Friday wrote:
Your screen name says it all. Thunder is just the sound, while lightning is dangerous.
See, even a complete idiot knows that thunder is the warning prior to the storm. crawl out of your sandbox and learn. but leave your gun and badge, it may weigh down your diaper. little baby joe,you need to grow up if you wish to play with the big boys.if not,then just stay in your squad car.
Joe Friday

Albemarle, NC

#37 Dec 15, 2008
I don't understand where all your anger comes from...unless...you are one of the maggots we arrest regularly. You really are scared aren't you. Don't be, we will not hurt you (unless you make us). It's ok little buddy. You are one of those people who talks a big game until you're standing before the man, then it's "yes, sir. I understand, sir. Thank you, sir."
Joe Friday

Albemarle, NC

#38 Dec 15, 2008
Thunder wrote:
<quoted text> It takes a real idiot to spend his days playing with puzzles. this must be the final question from idiot school in order for you to receive your badge and gun.(you) without doubt are the prize catch of your department. please remember that real people read this post and your ignorance shines as bright as the flashing lights on your personal car. you are nothing to anyone other than your self.
So what you're saying is you don't know and can't figure it out. It's ok that you still write with crayons. I just hope you've stopped chewing on them. Be sure and brush your tooth before you go to bed and tell your mommy goodnigt.
Truth be told

United States

#39 Dec 16, 2008
Joe Friday wrote:
I don't understand where all your anger comes from...unless...you are one of the maggots we arrest regularly. You really are scared aren't you. Don't be, we will not hurt you (unless you make us). It's ok little buddy. You are one of those people who talks a big game until you're standing before the man, then it's "yes, sir. I understand, sir. Thank you, sir."
Joe- I have no hate for anything or any person. I truely enjoy argueing with anyone passionate about a particular subject. most people have at least one.I truely respect the job that you do and in no way envy the peiple that you deal with. I would like to see good things on this forum during this season. and look forward to argueing with you later. Merry Christmas Joe and Thanks for watching our streets.
Truth be told

United States

#40 Dec 16, 2008
Joe Friday wrote:
<quoted text>
So what you're saying is you don't know and can't figure it out. It's ok that you still write with crayons. I just hope you've stopped chewing on them. Be sure and brush your tooth before you go to bed and tell your mommy goodnigt.
Your funny joe, Merry Christmas!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gastonia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rental homes? Aug 12 Jabba 2
Selling Nudes? Aug 12 KJ4RNVsDAD 9
Way to go Mayor Larry Simonds (Mar '15) Aug 12 John k-hole 6
Kim collins plz hit me up Jul 31 Double Dueces 2
ro's bbq slaw recipe (May '09) Jul '17 KJ4RNV 92
larry gene robinson (May '11) Jul '17 Sorry everyone 14
News One injured, one dead in Pharr accident (Nov '16) Jul '17 Go Tarheels 5

Gastonia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance