Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2008

Judged:

Recent studies determined that the average IQ for law enforcement nationwide is at the critical side of low.

National spokesperson William (Bill) Lowery stated that the reasons are clear. It has nothing to do with the very low wages. It's all about the position of power. We seem to attract the people that need to feel superior to the average citizen.
Everyone of higher intelligence seek better pay with less confrontation. City and county police are by far the lowest. Then State and Federal. Studies show that each officer should be appointed insted of hired. This puts pressure for a higher level of law enforcement on a board of elected officials.
WE THE PEOPLE

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2008

Judged:

Who else but the mentaly chalenged would even consider such a job. people in law enforce have set a low standard of honesty and underhandedness.
people do not have trust and faith in law enforcement because they look at us all as criminals. they can't seem to understand that we pay them to protect us and to serve us. every time the police get away with crimes we trust them less.
FYI

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2008

Judged:

I have stated from the start that cops are the kids that were pushed around all of their life. they seek once and for all to be noticed and will not stop short of killing. I think low IQ as well as insecurities attract the damaged people that we have.
Tired

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2008

Judged:

We as a society deserve alot better than we now have. as far as low pay. I think that law enforcement is extreamly over paid.
ues to be cop

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2008

Judged:

I was a cop for five years. during that time I witnessed un-warrented beatings, fellow officers forcing sex from prostitutes, drinking and drugs on duty, theft from stores. the list goes on and on. when my wife overheard talk from fellow officers i had no choice but to quit. If the wives of most were to know the goings on. DIVORCE would be the capital word in law enforcement.It's a party job. nothing more, nothing less and everyone brags about events of the day.
Billy B

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2008

Judged:

You can tell that they all are a little on the retarded side.
Statisticly Speaking

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2008

Judged:

Most cops are the out of work barn shovelers that got caught with the farm animals. They then put on uniform and took over the handleing of chicken thieves and evolved to free time with prostitutes and the collection of monies for drug sales. i once saw a cop slapping a prostitute while pulling her pants down. This is one of many ways that they abuse without complaint. She complains, she goes to jail and its her word against his. they take advantage of the people that cannot protect themselves and use them for demonic needs.
Funny Face

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2008

Judged:

The Facts wrote:
Recent studies determined that the average IQ for law enforcement nationwide is at the critical side of low.
National spokesperson William (Bill) Lowery stated that the reasons are clear. It has nothing to do with the very low wages. It's all about the position of power. We seem to attract the people that need to feel superior to the average citizen.
Everyone of higher intelligence seek better pay with less confrontation. City and county police are by far the lowest. Then State and Federal. Studies show that each officer should be appointed insted of hired. This puts pressure for a higher level of law enforcement on a board of elected officials.
The national IQ for Police Officers is 104. An average IQ is from 100 to 103. This means that anyone who made at least "B's" and "C's" in school could qualify for a job with the Police Force. However, more schooling is needed to be a detective, etc.. No one gets up one day and starts being a Police Officer. They must take law enforcement classes in college and go through the Police Academy.

IMO It would take a big dummy to believe your post!
Mothers of America

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2008

Judged:

Funny Face wrote:
<quoted text>
The national IQ for Police Officers is 104. An average IQ is from 100 to 103. This means that anyone who made at least "B's" and "C's" in school could qualify for a job with the Police Force. However, more schooling is needed to be a detective, etc.. No one gets up one day and starts being a Police Officer. They must take law enforcement classes in college and go through the Police Academy.
IMO It would take a big dummy to believe your post!
Anyone with a computer can check and see the true results.To stop the murdering we need a higher standard of law enforcement.
Funny Face

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2008

Judged:

Mothers of America wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone with a computer can check and see the true results.To stop the murdering we need a higher standard of law enforcement.
I did check and I also read that Policeman have to continually get more education, if they want better pay. Some cops have 4 years of college. A high school drop out "cannot" be a cop.
Garrison

Rockingham, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2008

Judged:

Hmmmmm. How interesting. Go check Gaston County Police's website. To be a County Police Officer, the first pre-requisite is "Graduation from an accredited college with a Bachelor's degree is required". Now, for you backwood, ignorant rednecks who can't say pre-requisite, let alone spell it, it means "something that is required before something else is possible". In other words, you have to have a 4 year degree from college before you can be hired. Last time I checked, colleges just don't give 4 year degrees to anyone and you have to have some smarts to get one.
Concerned in SC

Spartanburg, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2008

Judged:

Garrison wrote:
Hmmmmm. How interesting. Go check Gaston County Police's website. To be a County Police Officer, the first pre-requisite is "Graduation from an accredited college with a Bachelor's degree is required". Now, for you backwood, ignorant rednecks who can't say pre-requisite, let alone spell it, it means "something that is required before something else is possible". In other words, you have to have a 4 year degree from college before you can be hired. Last time I checked, colleges just don't give 4 year degrees to anyone and you have to have some smarts to get one.
Then what happened to the idiots in gastonia.
pmartin28

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2008

Judged:

Concerned in SC wrote:
<quoted text>
Then what happened to the idiots in gastonia.
the 4yrs degree is BS its 2yrs
pmartin28

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2008

Judged:

all you need is a 2yr degree in criminology
pmartin28

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2008

Judged:

were do i get my info? ITT tech
timmy o tool

Warwick, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2008

Judged:

I was a CJ major in a 2 year program before I came to the conclution I didn't want to be a police officer. I couldn't enforce laws I didn't believe in....

but anyway, the course work is not exactly difficult.....
timmy o tool

Warwick, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2008

but there are plenty of smart good people in law enforcement, I know some. I agree though there should be a hirer standard. I also know at least 1 person who is and shouldn't be issued a weapon let alone a badge, lol.

Cops are people just like all of us, there is good and there is bad. There just needs to be a better job weeding out the bad.
Queen Bitch

Rockingham, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2008

Judged:

The Facts wrote:
With relation to Gastonia NC, I can only imagine what the IQ standard is.
On a personal note, I feel safer with my cat guarding my home than the local Gastonia police. A few examples:
A young Mother sat on her front porch (tacky), while a small toddler was in the driveway with some 9-10 year olds that were "playing with fireworks". The toddler was terribly close to the fireworks...and the Mother just sat there looking through a magazine. Then one of the older children lit a firecracker and threw it at the feet of the toddler...still the Mom did nothing. After I retrieved my mail from the box, I went back into the house and phoned the police. About 15 minutes later a police car approached..stopped briefly while the passenger cop, spoke out of his window and they drove off. Later that evening the kids were back to their fireworks...
There are more...not to mention all of the high speed chases on busy streets...or are they really chases or just over-eager cops trying to get to the nearest convenience store to flirt with the clerks?
The Real Facts

Sanford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2008

Judged:

Oh yeah, forgot to mention my IQ scores or in the 120s on every test I have taken.
The Real Facts

Sanford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2008

Judged:

First of all in response to the "firecracker" incident; COPS ARE NOT BABYSITTERS!!! They do not have time nor the desire to replace good ol’ fashion parenting. There are numerous parents, neighbors etc. who will call the police to “straighten up” the local kids. If they are committing a crime, call the police. Otherwise, let’s find the real blame here in Mom and Dad (if he is still around). Don’t get me wrong I understand your concern and frustration and would it have been me responding I would have treated the situation a little differently.

Grouping all police officers into high speed chasing low IQ idiots is not only unfair it’s ignorant. Typically I have found that the departments that attract the best officers offer the best pay, incentives, work environment etc. If you are unhappy with your police department or its officers do something about it. We have this little thing called an election every few years and that is the time to make your voice heard and demand better for your police officers therefore attracting better police officers.

“To stop the murdering we need a higher standard of law enforcement.” Ok, not sure this deserves a response but I’ll give it a shot. To stop the murdering you speak of people need to not kill other people. Police cannot be everywhere! They cannot assign an officer to every person/household to make sure some husband doesn’t kill his wife or prevent a gang member from assaulting a citizen. It is just not possible and that my friends would be called a “policed state” which I’m sure nobody wants (even though I’m sure someone will say it already is, also ignorant).

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of116
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Gastonia Forum right now

Search the Gastonia Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 32 min Waco 1909 49,410
NC Highway Patrol looking for more than a few m... 19 hr ApePeeD 1
New town manager hired Thu Taxed to Death 19
Marc Holler Wed Need Info 1
Belmont police offer details on shots fired in ... Apr 15 Me lady 3
Dallas business moving into Carolina Mills buil... Apr 15 citizen 1
Gastonia man charged in armed carjacking Apr 12 What is wrong here 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Gastonia Jobs

•••