I was extremely happy
Gaston redneck

Morganton, NC

#4 Mar 31, 2012
Have any gold teeth we can knockout?
Smarter than I look

Newark, OH

#5 Apr 28, 2012
Took a pin and some other items to one of THR Assoc, events today. They offered $300 that my husband had evaluated by a coin appraiser for $2500 for just one of the coins. I took a antique pin that had been handed down and THR said it was nice costume jewelry and offered $30. We then took it to a jeweler we frequent and they said the pin was platinum and all 50 diamonds were authentic. We are now having it appraised for insurance purposes
googlydick

United States

#7 May 9, 2012
I think you are stoopid and a liar. Why would anyone go to a roadshow BEFORE researching what they had (the jewelry). And why if you's in Ohio why you postin in Gastonia? Lying ex-employee or maybe the competition? Fibbedy-fib dickety-doo. La La La!
Spenceman321

Collingwood, Canada

#8 May 22, 2012
Smarter than I look wrote:
Took a pin and some other items to one of THR Assoc, events today. They offered $300 that my husband had evaluated by a coin appraiser for $2500 for just one of the coins. I took a antique pin that had been handed down and THR said it was nice costume jewelry and offered $30. We then took it to a jeweler we frequent and they said the pin was platinum and all 50 diamonds were authentic. We are now having it appraised for insurance purposes
maybe it was a new employee or something, i have been to a couple of different roadshows to shop around some coins my wife and i inherited and we chose to sell to THR. Don"t accept their first offer!!!!
ginny

Discovery Bay, CA

#9 May 23, 2012
I took some gold to them. They gave me a check. The check was from the same bank I use. I went to cash the check and the bank told me they couldn't cash it or even deposit it. I tried calling THR and just got voice mails.
googlydick

United States

#10 May 30, 2012
they be bouncin' dem dere checks all over the country y'allz! I been giggety giggety goo hearin' all over the USA that they scammin' and stealin' and that ain't good, az yoo know. whatchit now, whatchit! boink.it's a jet. how'd dey doo dat? bing bing. chugga chugga.
ItsAlright

Westbrook, ME

#11 May 30, 2012
The problem with the THR checks was with the bank. Due to the high amount of transactions the company does everyday, the account got flagged and frozen without notice. As soon as the company became aware, they halted business and quickly transferred funds to their operating account (the same that employees are paid from). As you can imagine, 100 teams worth of customers that day or two had checks bounce. The company is working to reimburse every customer. It's just going to take some time. The vast majority of THR employees are good people and fair prices are offered. Of course you are going to have some bad apples, the employees do get commission from show profits, and some people get greedy. But if you don't end up with more than a fair price for money on the spot for your items, you are in the extreme minority, as bad managers get weeded out weekly and replaced.
googlydick wrote:
they be bouncin' dem dere checks all over the country y'allz! I been giggety giggety goo hearin' all over the USA that they scammin' and stealin' and that ain't good, az yoo know. whatchit now, whatchit! boink.it's a jet. how'd dey doo dat? bing bing. chugga chugga.
Whatever

O Fallon, MO

#12 Jun 1, 2012
So, was it an Enright or a Parsons that asked you reply with that lame try at positive PR? Or are you yourself one?

The roadshows have haulted and will probably be done forever. The retail store went out of business. The checks(even your precious replacement checks) are bouncing like a harlem globe trotters ball. Quite amusing how EVERYTHING that Mr Parsons attaches his name to fails miserably. Wait, I'm talking nonsense. Of course you can turn a profit selling used lawnmowers and 99 cent flea market crap at your buy sell trade stores. Its not the economy that is making them fail. Its not the high prices they are paying for items (HA!). Its the lack of any business sense, its the constant spending. Personal piggy bank you say? Yup. Sounds right.

I sincerely hope that all the employees have a back up plan since they will be jobless.
ItsAlright wrote:
The problem with the THR checks was with the bank. Due to the high amount of transactions the company does everyday, the account got flagged and frozen without notice. As soon as the company became aware, they halted business and quickly transferred funds to their operating account (the same that employees are paid from). As you can imagine, 100 teams worth of customers that day or two had checks bounce. The company is working to reimburse every customer. It's just going to take some time. The vast majority of THR employees are good people and fair prices are offered. Of course you are going to have some bad apples, the employees do get commission from show profits, and some people get greedy. But if you don't end up with more than a fair price for money on the spot for your items, you are in the extreme minority, as bad managers get weeded out weekly and replaced.
<quoted text>
DrumZ

Reading, PA

#13 Jun 13, 2012
No, nobody asked me to post anything. I'm just a field manager. Since I got my replacement checks, none have been bad. I'm back on the road and the company is fine. I understand your attitude towards corporate. But in my opinion, they built up a profitable business, which is probably more than I could ever make happen. Furthermore, because of them I am completely out of debt and am saving money to buy a house. So whether or not it continues, I guess we'll have to wait and see. I hope it does. They are making steps in the right direction. If not, hey, its had a positive effect on my life and I'm greatful for the experience. I have conducted business with customers fairly and our shows are always profitable (Or else I would be gone). So if they are keeping people like me around, I can only suspect that things are moving in the right direction.
Whatever wrote:
So, was it an Enright or a Parsons that asked you reply with that lame try at positive PR? Or are you yourself one?
The roadshows have haulted and will probably be done forever. The retail store went out of business. The checks(even your precious replacement checks) are bouncing like a harlem globe trotters ball. Quite amusing how EVERYTHING that Mr Parsons attaches his name to fails miserably. Wait, I'm talking nonsense. Of course you can turn a profit selling used lawnmowers and 99 cent flea market crap at your buy sell trade stores. Its not the economy that is making them fail. Its not the high prices they are paying for items (HA!). Its the lack of any business sense, its the constant spending. Personal piggy bank you say? Yup. Sounds right.
I sincerely hope that all the employees have a back up plan since they will be jobless. <quoted text>
KLG

Jersey City, NJ

#14 Jul 11, 2012
Where can I buy coins from THR?! THey left ebay, I need them to come back
DrumZ wrote:
No, nobody asked me to post anything. I'm just a field manager. Since I got my replacement checks, none have been bad. I'm back on the road and the company is fine. I understand your attitude towards corporate. But in my opinion, they built up a profitable business, which is probably more than I could ever make happen. Furthermore, because of them I am completely out of debt and am saving money to buy a house. So whether or not it continues, I guess we'll have to wait and see. I hope it does. They are making steps in the right direction. If not, hey, its had a positive effect on my life and I'm greatful for the experience. I have conducted business with customers fairly and our shows are always profitable (Or else I would be gone). So if they are keeping people like me around, I can only suspect that things are moving in the right direction.
<quoted text>
RealDeal

Lenoir, NC

#15 Jul 14, 2012
How's that working out for ya Drumz???????LOL LMAO LMFAO.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gastonia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 1 hr Franklin 59,636
Gaston Road Building Going UP?? 15 hr Blippityblop 3
dr who prescribes pain medication for chronic m... (Jul '13) 16 hr Ruby 12
do married women like to cheat? (Jul '08) Mon pedro 350
Parkway vs. wider I-85? Debate still ruffling f... Sep 13 Government Official 15
Who do you support for U.S. House in North Caro... (Oct '10) Sep 9 Waco 28
Ashbrook Football Coaches Sep 6 85 too small 1
•••
•••
Gastonia Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Gastonia Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••