Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Carolina in 2010?

Posted in the Gastonia Forum

Comments (Page 1,440)

Showing posts 28,781 - 28,800 of49,471
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Snore

Gastonia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike, help me understand your beliefs. You don't believe in God, so does this mean you also don't believe the Bible? If you don't believe the Bible, then why do you point out the Bible showing inequality to women or anything it says for that matter? If you don't believe the Bible, wouldn't this too be a lie? As far as you believing Paul was a liar, wouldn't the fact the Bible is a lie make the fact your opinion that Paul was a liar a moot point? If in fact you do believe Paul did exist and was a liar, what makes you think he's a liar and you're not? Silver posted a site from the Department of Corrections of N.C. and it had name similar to your's or your name, but you say it's a lie, why should we believe it, because you said so? You would have motive to lie as you claim Paul did. Mike, you haven't cornered the market on the truth nor have you cornered a cogent thought on your beliefs. You either believe there is no God and therefore it would negate the Bible being His inspired word and you don't believe it as well. As I said before, you want to use the Bible, a book as an atheist you shouldn't believe in, to bolster your opinions and I want to know how you reconcile this double standard of not believing, but yet use the very book that you rail against as being inspired by a fairytale god when it's convenient for your debate?
Aliens and ghosts, I don't even go there. I've never had an experience with either and can't speak to or call people liars that say they have.
You pretty much summed it up so eloquently- you beat me to the punch, but spot on Bacon. Mike is simply confused to the umpth power in what he believes. Mike, can't have it both ways. Pick a "weapon". You don't believe in GOD, then you have no business touching The Bible. Get a book about the phylosophy of atheism and THEN make your points about equality of women. Hippocrite. Talking out of your ass as usual and bored to death. And religion is not a science-it's a belief, and philosophy and theology play a role too. More importantly, it you have nothing to believe in, I only think one's life is empty in spirit and has a huge hole in his heart and soul.

“Try”

Since: May 12

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

Snore i've been attacked by atheists more than a few times regarding my faith.Ive been challenged to"prove"the existence of GOD......numerous times.Then i'm told about all the atrocities committed in the name of"religion"......I don't believe in"religion"......I believe in GOD....

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

waco1909 wrote:
Snore i've been attacked by atheists more than a few times regarding my faith.Ive been challenged to"prove"the existence of GOD......numerous times.Then i'm told about all the atrocities committed in the name of"religion"......I don't believe in"religion"......I believe in GOD....
Amen waco, BTW, it's your day, hope you have a great one sweetie.
Snore

Gastonia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

waco1909 wrote:
Spot on Waco!
Snore

Gastonia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

emlu wrote:
<quoted text>Amen waco, BTW, it's your day, hope you have a great one sweetie.
What? Is it your birthday Waco? or getting married? or just the day off? Whatever the answer, make it a great day.
Maumeaux

France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

waco1909 wrote:
John 20:29-31

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

Maumeaux wrote:
<quoted text>John 20:29-31
Maumeaux, very good scripture reference. Thanks for the input.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Happy Birthday Waco!!!!:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Snore wrote:
<quoted text>You pretty much summed it up so eloquently- you beat me to the punch, but spot on Bacon. Mike is simply confused to the umpth power in what he believes. Mike, can't have it both ways. Pick a "weapon". You don't believe in GOD, then you have no business touching The Bible. Get a book about the phylosophy of atheism and THEN make your points about equality of women. Hippocrite. Talking out of your ass as usual and bored to death. And religion is not a science-it's a belief, and philosophy and theology play a role too. More importantly, it you have nothing to believe in, I only think one's life is empty in spirit and has a huge hole in his heart and soul.
Snore, I'm glad you understood my post. TSF does such a fine job explaining his beliefs and I wish I was as good as he is in articulating them. Your post also gets to the point and I agree with you. especially your wording of "Pick a Weapon".

“Anasasis Xenophontis.”

Since: Dec 08

over there.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

No mike. You can tell me how I think and speculate on my beliefs based on the small amount of known science that we barely have a grasp on, like how we know how old our expanding universe is and how long it took planets to form, but my beliefs are my own and holds no tie to any religion. The big thing you will have to wrap your head around is that we really have no clue. I'm not really fine with that, I have a lust for knowledge, but we are a very ignorant species. You get outside this solar system and there is no absolutes.
You have a vendetta against gods, I get that, but I didn't say I know what it is or who he is, I didn't say he is an alien. The only thing I believe one hundred percent is that there is something else. Spirit world, different plane of reality...where do you draw the boundary? Or are you one of those people that can only believe what they have tangible evidence for? Those same people believed the earth was the center of the solar system....

Btw mike, you keep tellin us what god is or isn't....so what is a god? You sure seem to know what he is and where the boundaries lay.

“Try”

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

Thanks bacon!

“Try”

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

Maumeaux wrote:
For real.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

sevenSecrets wrote:
No mike. You can tell me how I think and speculate on my beliefs based on the small amount of known science that we barely have a grasp on, like how we know how old our expanding universe is and how long it took planets to form, but my beliefs are my own and holds no tie to any religion. The big thing you will have to wrap your head around is that we really have no clue. I'm not really fine with that, I have a lust for knowledge, but we are a very ignorant species. You get outside this solar system and there is no absolutes.
You have a vendetta against gods, I get that, but I didn't say I know what it is or who he is, I didn't say he is an alien. The only thing I believe one hundred percent is that there is something else. Spirit world, different plane of reality...where do you draw the boundary? Or are you one of those people that can only believe what they have tangible evidence for? Those same people believed the earth was the center of the solar system....
Btw mike, you keep tellin us what god is or isn't....so what is a god? You sure seem to know what he is and where the boundaries lay.
Wow seven, I think I hear crickets!

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Maumeaux wrote:
<quoted text>After reading your lame posts, I certainly believe in alien sub-life forms such as yourself. Unfortunately, you have yet to evolve from your present state of dog shit.
Oh, look, another childish poster from the opposition. Does your team have any grownups?
Care to actually try and refute my post, or are you just going to personally attack me?
I see you have no rebuttal.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Snore wrote:
<quoted text>You pretty much summed it up so eloquently- you beat me to the punch, but spot on Bacon. Mike is simply confused to the umpth power in what he believes. Mike, can't have it both ways. Pick a "weapon". You don't believe in GOD, then you have no business touching The Bible. Get a book about the phylosophy of atheism and THEN make your points about equality of women. Hippocrite. Talking out of your ass as usual and bored to death. And religion is not a science-it's a belief, and philosophy and theology play a role too. More importantly, it you have nothing to believe in, I only think one's life is empty in spirit and has a huge hole in his heart and soul.
By your reasoning, no Christian should ever quote the Koran to point to the poor philosophy of Islam. By your reasoning, you should never speak of any religion that you do not believe in. See how your logic fails?
Your reasoning makes zero sense. Ask any teacher if your logic is sound please.

You guys only show how the right wings philosophy must be flawed. It is due to your lack of reasoning abilities.

You have shown nothing I have said to be hypocritical. If you are going to make a charge, be specific.

And you are wrong if you believe atheists feel life is empty and devoid of spirit. Just ask one or two of them. We just do not get our life's meaning from the place you do.

In case you are not aware, this debate is not about whether women should or should not be equal. So why would I need to quote some philosophy? The dispute is whether Christianity promotes equality in general, and equality for women. Thus the book one may reference is the bible, as that is the handbook of Christianity.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
So you think that make everything OK? It does not.
The reason one may point to the atrocities of religion is to show the philosophy is poor or maybe not of a god. If the philosophy is poor, it is evidence the god may not be so.
You may claim to not follow religion, but you speak of a religion in which you believe, Christianity. You need not be of a denomination or be active in a church to be religious or of a religion. And thus, you are not removed from the points of the atrocities committed in the name of religion.

What you say about god is all due to religion. You do not think in a vacuum. You do not live in a vacuum.

Do you think the bible is of a god? If so, then you follow religion.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

emlu wrote:
<quoted text>Wow seven, I think I hear crickets!
So if I do not respond within three hours of someones post, you think I have no rebuttal? You clearly cannot see a trend.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Maumeaux wrote:
You post scripture of the bible. Are you saying this must be true?
If so, then you are of religion.
Lets look closely at this scripture.

29 Then Jesus told him,“Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

The Purpose of John’s Gospel

30 Jesus performed many other signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not recorded in this book. 31 But these are written that you may believe[a] that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

So why is one blessed just because they believe without seeing? The bible does not say, do you have an answer?

I do not believe just because some claim is written. This scripture seems to think if something is written, it is evidence of a true claim. Do you believe claims just because they are "written"? If so, then you follow religion, and that would contradict what you agreed with Waco on.

I see it this way. Any leader would love for you to believe his words are perfect and of a god, just due to it being written. So the motive to say this is strong. But anyone who believes such a claim without evidence is just gullible.

If you fall for this, it makes me understand you falling for all sorts of propaganda that is devoid of evidence.
LuLu

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> For real.
"Today it is possible to not only read hieroglyphics, but also the ancient cuneiform writings. Astoundingly, the ancient relics have succeeded in silencing many of the Biblical critics. The harmony between Scripture and archaeological findings has shed new light upon the debate."
http://amazingdiscoveries.org/S-deception_arc...

Thought you might want to check this site, a pastor said I should check it because I asked him about Biblical writings "other" than the Bible. It's quite interesting how there is a correlation between the "written word" and "ancient hieroglyphics".

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Here's an "evolution" theory for those interested:

http://www.livescience.com/25361-monkeys-show...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 28,781 - 28,800 of49,471
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Gastonia Discussions

Search the Gastonia Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
New town manager hired 1 hr Openuris 21
NC Highway Patrol looking for more than a few m... Fri ApePeeD 1
Marc Holler Apr 16 Need Info 1
Belmont police offer details on shots fired in ... Apr 15 Me lady 3
Dallas business moving into Carolina Mills buil... Apr 15 citizen 1
Gastonia man charged in armed carjacking Apr 12 What is wrong here 1
Cramerton Middle School (Mar '13) Apr 9 Insider 28
•••
•••