“ We are not permanent”

Since: Oct 08

Gaston County

#22244 Oct 8, 2012
LOL wrote:
If republicans no longer wish to pay taxes, they must stop waging unfunded wars and running up the deficit.
The wars were a unanimous decision by both parties of congress.

“ We are not permanent”

Gaston County

#22245 Oct 8, 2012
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>I have another rhetorical question for you. Who SHOULD pay the taxes in our country...the ones who HAVE the money or those who do not?

The 400 wealthiest Americans have more money than the bottom 50% of the country. Again, who do you think should be responsible for paying most of the taxes? Those who are in possession of the wealth...or those who are not?

http://www.good.is/posts/the-400-richest-amer...
We should all pay taxes. Better yet a flat tax for all. Spend more then you pay more.

“ We are not permanent”

Gaston County

#22246 Oct 8, 2012
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>I have another rhetorical question for you. Who SHOULD pay the taxes in our country...the ones who HAVE the money or those who do not?

The 400 wealthiest Americans have more money than the bottom 50% of the country. Again, who do you think should be responsible for paying most of the taxes? Those who are in possession of the wealth...or those who are not?

This link mentions Michael Moore.......really? The guy who went to the Occupy protest and refused to donate to their cause or answer when ask his personal wealth. Yeah, he has others best interest at heart.
LOL

Mars Hill, NC

#22247 Oct 8, 2012
So, go ahead and google yourself another source. You won't be able to dispute the facts, though. LOL - I don't discard sources of information merely because they mention the names of people I don't respect.

The tax structure you favor is called a regressive tax system. It taxes expenditures only.

If you think the bottom 47% of non-tax payers do not pay taxes, then you are mistaken in your assumption. Buy car tags? Pay a tax. Have a phone? Pay a tax. Go to the grocery store or buy clothes? Pay a tax. Have a utility bill? Pay a tax.

You feel me on this? The only reason they do not pay an INCOME tax is because they do not make enough income to pay that particular tax. They are doing nothing illegal by not paying income tax.

Don't think for a moment the government isn't taxing them in other ways.
Get REal

Mars Hill, NC

#22248 Oct 8, 2012
The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
The wars were a unanimous decision by both parties of congress.
The decision was far from unanimous.

FYI - 215 of the necessary 218 votes in the house were cast by republicans (98% of republicans congressmen voted in favor).
Only 39% of democrats voted in favor.

Same percentages hold true for the senate. 48 of the 51 necessary votes were cast by republicans, with 99% republican senators voting in favor.

Wonder how many democrats would have voted in favor of these unfunded wars if they had not been lied to about the non-existent weapons of mass destruction?
LuLu

Lenoir, NC

#22249 Oct 9, 2012
LOL wrote:
The majority of us did have a voice in 2008 when we elected President Obama. In case no one told you, that's how our system of government is set up. Have you ever watched a real news broadcast, or do you rely on your misinformation from the propaganda station called Fox? Did you know Fox isn't even an American-owned news agency? The second largest shareholder is Alwaleel bin Talal from Saudi Arabia. He is the same person who funded the ground zero mosque.
And the largest shareholder is none other than Australian born Rupert Murdoch.
What is your real news broadcast? I wanna see, I wanna see.
LuLu

Lenoir, NC

#22250 Oct 9, 2012
Keeping It Real wrote:
<quoted text>
Which leads us to the "loopholes" Romney is wanting to close in his allegedly "revenue neutral" tax cut which reduces taxes for the 1% by 5 trillion dollars - namely the home mortgage, health insurance, and education deductions enjoyed by middle class Americans. Let's call a spade a spade here. Romney wants to further reduce taxes for the top 1% of Americans at the expense of the rest of us.
Do you think we should raise the "tariff" tax on imported goods.
Taxpayer

Point Harbor, NC

#22251 Oct 9, 2012
Get rid of all taxes and go with a flat tax on everyone.
No loopholes, No deductions, No rich, No poor. We all pay the same percentage.
We are paying over 50% of our income in taxes how that is slavery not taxes.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#22252 Oct 9, 2012
Keeping It Real wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL - you are a perfect sheeple to follow Romney's string of lies. Apparently you lack judgment, too. If you choose to believe in a man who has told 767 lies so far in this campaign, go ahead. It is your right as an American, even if your poor judgment jeopardizes the rest of us. As for myself, I am too informed to vote republican.
You must be one of those that fell for the "hope and change" line from Obama in '08.

Location hidden

#22253 Oct 9, 2012
LOL wrote:
So, go ahead and google yourself another source. You won't be able to dispute the facts, though. LOL - I don't discard sources of information merely because they mention the names of people I don't respect.
The tax structure you favor is called a regressive tax system. It taxes expenditures only.
If you think the bottom 47% of non-tax payers do not pay taxes, then you are mistaken in your assumption. Buy car tags? Pay a tax. Have a phone? Pay a tax. Go to the grocery store or buy clothes? Pay a tax. Have a utility bill? Pay a tax.
You feel me on this? The only reason they do not pay an INCOME tax is because they do not make enough income to pay that particular tax. They are doing nothing illegal by not paying income tax.
here man...so even you can understand

You must file taxes if you earn the following amounts of income:
Self-employed, any age:$400
Children and Teens classified as a dependent:$5,700
Single, under 65:$9,350
Single, over 65:$10,750
Married, filing jointly, both spouses under 65:$18,700
Married, filing jointly, one spouse over 65:$19,850
Married, filing jointly, both spouses over 65:$20,900
Married, filing separately, any age:$3,650

Location hidden

#22254 Oct 9, 2012
LOL wrote:
NC Minimum Wage mirrors Federal Minimum Wage standards,

so,

$7.25/hr multiplied by 2080 hours(hours worked in a normal year) is just over 15K.

So, now what is the next excuse? Bad Luck? Unmotivated? or just outright worthless deadbeats?

Location hidden

#22255 Oct 9, 2012
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
I have another rhetorical question for you. Who SHOULD pay the taxes in our country...the ones who HAVE the money or those who do not?
All should pay taxes and there shouldn't be some safety nets in place that are in place. Goes against the idea and principal that you are responsible for yourself and your actions. Kind of like when people sue the tobacco companies after smoking for years and years?

Why should those that are on your source of information have to pay so you can have a free ride? Obama knows as much of being poor as Romney does. They don't. Obama only knows politics. Romney is a shrewed businessman. Democrats haven't grasped or don't want to, that it is not always about social issues in America and it takes being versed in more than just politics at times.

Now is one of those times. Romney has probably paid more in taxes last year than all of us made and paid that offer opinions on this thread. You are entitled to your opinion, even if it is ill advised and wrong.

Location hidden

#22256 Oct 9, 2012
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you just now crawl out from under your rock? President Obama has been trying to restore the US tax levels to 2001, before the "temporary" tax cuts implemented by the Bush regime - tax cuts that were supposed to be in effect one year, yet have been repeatedly extended for eleven more years.
LOL - what a moron. Oh, wait...that's morAn for you teabaggers.
you mean from the Clinton era? No thanks.

“Seek Light”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#22257 Oct 9, 2012
Everybody sounds so happy as usual.Six feet tall? Fascinating!

“Seek Light”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#22258 Oct 9, 2012
mavrick wrote:
I'm 46 years old and have never seen politice so toxic obama has devided us all to make the 20percent of the liberals in this country happy.the majority should have a voice.look at the media how they all or lap dogs for obama I just hope and pray that they are still enough sound minded people out there and people that can think for there self to see what is happening to the country. Its ashamed to see al the brainwashed people out there wake up people look at what's going on not want you watch or read maybe when gas goes to 5 bucks or you can't afford food you all might wake up but I dought it and I'm sorry to I you obama don't care about you all he cares about is your vote so wake up before its to late
And Romney...LOVES YOU!

Location hidden

#22259 Oct 9, 2012
LuLu wrote:
<quoted text>Do you think we should raise the "tariff" tax on imported goods.
I think that is a double edged sword if you will. We start raising the tariffs on imports, particularly chinese imports, what will stop them from coming round and demanding repayment on the loans we owe them?

Still cheaper to outsource the jobs than pay off the loans or increase the tax on imports.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#22260 Oct 9, 2012
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
I have another rhetorical question for you. Who SHOULD pay the taxes in our country...the ones who HAVE the money or those who do not?
Tax the rich, pay their fair share.....this philosophy is straight out of the communist manifesto....being pushed through class warfare by your ruler, Obama! Keep preaching the message.....communist!

Location hidden

#22261 Oct 9, 2012
Get REal wrote:
<quoted text>
The decision was far from unanimous.
FYI - 215 of the necessary 218 votes in the house were cast by republicans (98% of republicans congressmen voted in favor).
Only 39% of democrats voted in favor.
Same percentages hold true for the senate. 48 of the 51 necessary votes were cast by republicans, with 99% republican senators voting in favor.
Wonder how many democrats would have voted in favor of these unfunded wars if they had not been lied to about the non-existent weapons of mass destruction?
Bush got bad information and apparently Obama did with the debacle in Libya. Only thing different, Bush didn't lie about his misinformation like Obama and Hillary have. Nobody wants blood on their hands and both Bush and Obama do. Bush at least acted liked he cared about the war, but Obama had to party like it was 1999, raising campaign money. If he's gonna win by as much as you guys predict, don't you think he could have taken a day off and acted like he gave a rat's a$$?

Location hidden

#22262 Oct 9, 2012
LuLu wrote:
<quoted text>Do you think we should raise the "tariff" tax on imported goods.
The economist, Adam Smith, says in his treatise The Wealth of Nations, "If a foreign country can supply us with a commodity cheaper than we ourselves can make it, it is better to buy it of them."

He also said no free lunches.

Location hidden

#22263 Oct 9, 2012
LuLu wrote:
<quoted text>What is your real news broadcast? I wanna see, I wanna see.
Probably MSNBC, where Chris Matthews gets a tingle up his leg about Obama. I watched the videos after last week's debate and I thought Matthews and Ed Shultz were going to cry. Now that's LOL!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gastonia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christians Who Have Concerns About Purity & Mod... (Mar '10) 4 hr johnnie 40
funda akdamar lee Apr 19 Scooby 1
dr who prescribes pain medication for chronic m... (Jul '13) Apr 17 godsSon 15
News FLASHBACK: What did locals watch on TV five dec... Apr 11 Test 2
IQ average (90) For Law Enforcement (Jul '08) Apr 8 Beetlejuice 125
DO NOT trust police Apr 7 Richard Cumstein 13
News Opponents stepping up fight against proposed Ca... (Jun '14) Mar 30 Brian 2
More from around the web

Gastonia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]