Train derails in Gaston Co., hazmat crews on scene

Aug 6, 2012 Full story: WBTV

The incident was reported just after 4:30 p.m. at the intersection of N. Main Street and 8th Avenue in Cramerton, emergency officials said.

Full Story
Rudy Caparrs

Santa Rosa, CA

#1 Aug 31, 2012
HazMat Experts and Firefighters petition Dow Chemical and Union Pacific for safe rail tank cars transporting gas chlorine. Secondary containment is a necessary improvement that must be implemented. See-- PETITION C KIT for First Responders Comments.
Cal Chem

Santa Rosa, CA

#2 Nov 26, 2012
WARNING: FIRST RESPONDERS’ use of THE CHLORINE INSTITUTE “C” KIT may cause the catastrophic failure of a chlorine tank car, instantly creating a toxic gas plume with a distance of not less than seven miles. The first mile will have chlorine concentrations of 1,000 ppm, causing death after one or two breaths with no opportunity for escape. To learn more, see PETITION C KIT, click on “First Responder Warnings.”
Stevie Wonder

Mount Holly, NC

#3 Nov 29, 2012
I can see the danger but the zombies around here would try to make a drug out of it.
Jim Gerard

Santa Rosa, CA

#4 Dec 13, 2012
TOXIC TRAIN SAFETY - A First Responders Petition caused The Chlorine Institute to conduct a five-month study comparing the safety of secondary containment to the chlorine “C”-Kit for chlorine tank cars. The study proved secondary containment to be, by far, the safest technology for containing and preventing releases of chlorine gas. To see secondary containment - search “CHLORTANKER.”

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gastonia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cramerton Middle School (Mar '13) Dec 23 Agree 2 60
do married women like to cheat? (Jul '08) Dec 23 lon brooks 353
Need Information Please Dec 22 Richard Cumstein 2
Cramerton Parade (Nov '10) Dec 21 Missed It 5
Review: DHD Metal Fabrication Dec 20 doveaway 1
james locust has hepetitis b and is spreading t... Dec 19 candy 18
Watching teens making drug deals, but no one wi... (May '14) Dec 6 Scott-L 6
Gastonia Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web