Gastonia woman shoots, kills intruder inside home

Mar 3, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WCNC-TV Charlotte

Kenneth James Cox, 28, broke into a woman's home in the 4700 block of Chapel Grove Road in Gastonia shortly after 1 a.m., according to the Gaston County Police Department.

Comments
1 - 13 of 13 Comments Last updated Mar 8, 2012
Tom

Winston Salem, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2012

We all have the right to defend ourselves with deadly force. Kudos go out to this woman and I am happy for her that things did not go the other way.
Denise

Winston Salem, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2012

Glad she was not hurt. He should have left when she told him to.
Semper Fi

Matthews, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2012

This should be a wake up call for all you dumbasses trying to break into people's homes to steal their things. You might want to read North Carolina's newly improved Castle Doctrine and realize when I put 2 of my 1oz hollow point rifled slugs in you, I am legally within my means to do so. You have no side of the story when you can't tell it... Come try to get my stuff. Bring all your cool friends too!
Shamer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2012

Shame on u people thats someones son,brother that was sick he may have commited a crime but should not had to die!!!!!!!!!Kudos,really?u would not be saying that if it was ur loved one that stop meds or may have been drunk and did not know where he was at.How ever withen the 10 comandments "thou shall not kill" I pray for the woman ,kenneth and his fmly and all u delerious people that can sit and gloat about this carma is real u woild not be saying these things if it were ur fmly mbr u would be like "why , why not shoot in the legs ,arms or would you be like " I don't blame em"honestly life happens and no one can blame that fmly either im sorry I pray but I would not want to take some 1 life and that woman is in my prayers too for what happened and having to live with it but I dont judge her I feel bad for both families,u ppl grow up stop judging listen to the 911 call he knocked on the door called her by her namesaid L**a let me in and by the 2nd and 3rd shooting after getting in the bed room then being shot and his screams then returning he sobed and said l**a i love you,said I love you and asked her why did she kill him JUST LOOK AT IT but with your EARS!!!!!!!!!!how can the police not HEAR this or do they WANT TO will be praying this WORLD is gon crazy:(
Realistic

Lithuania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2012

Really Shamer, I can't believe what you wrote. He broke through a double pane patio glass door after 1 AM in the morning. Do you really think he was lost? Was he confused? Who wouldn't be afraid for their life. He came after her down to the bedroom. He could of left after she told him to leave. But he didn't, he kept coming after her. Everyone has a right to defend themselves from violent attacks. She did what she had to do.
Shamer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2012

Thing of that is from my sources and investigations her NOT so hysterical reactions only when she was being asked if SHE KNEW him I scratch that ,YES he was confused HE DID NOT UNDERSTAND WHY, WHY SHE DOING THIS LISTEN to it. I have ,THEY KNEW each other well there were NO big noises till the shooting also LISTEN To HIM I KNOW NOW HE DID KNOW WHERE HE Was HE called her by HER NAME when he knocked on her bedroom door said "L***a let me in" THEY LEAVE THE MOST IMPORTANT WORDS HE SPOKE OUT and after the first shots and the rest of the shots when he was Screaming and telling her " "BABY I LOVE YOU" "LISA I LOVE YOU" I have listened my ears DON'T DECIEVE ME u people must be hard of hearing. TRUTH IS SPEAKETH TO THOSE WHO CAN OR WANT TO HEARETH!!!!!!!words of the day " THE DEAF,THE HEARD,THE BLIND, THE SIGHT, THE TRUTH, THE LIES & MANIPULATION, AND THE MOTIVE!!!!!!!!!
Shamer

El Monte, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2012

Also further more we did not see it only she know KENNETH is gone WE CAN HEAR IT she did not react to him as if he was a stranger further more the conversation her speaking saying things where dispatch could not hear and him pleading!!!!!!!!!I'M sorry but a lot more people will agree and I won't give up this is conspiracy that ended in murder there's a motive and I know hope the police and detectives are smart or are they over looking they already left out other things he said that are too easy to hear so that tells me a lot I guess justice and truth r the oppisite and u people can judge me but TRUTH is TRUTH GOD knows it and only 2 people know. I know and other people know by his words he loved her KNEW her name KNEW her and she KNEW him I'M thinking AFFAIR and and murder for some reason I won't say why or who else could be involve I have a more than a good idea of who it was too premeditated situation the man was familiar with the home knocked casually on the bed room door he didn't brk in she let him in the glass was brk by her There were no noises befor she said he. Got in only her moving then he knockes no noises of him busting a door seems she unlocked it or opened it I think some one needs to translate the recording some one that will be honest better yet I will seek a professional my self a lot of people can hear what I ear my mother can hear it so its not surprizing people chalk it up to other bs a scizofrentic can't figure out your name if u and them r starngers !!!!!!!!
mr shamer of lies

El Monte, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2012

I heard the 911 call an intruder what not know the person that they broke into there home he said. Her name a intruder would also break the bedroom door down not knock an said he love her she knew him that's a fact and there noway he could have tryed to hurt her after he was shot the first time I think it was premetade just listen to it very carefull
mrs seeker of truth

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2012

wow now why would I brk in and also know your name and say I love you ask you why you doing this to me and tell you I don't want to die and we r speaking as if we know each other there's no fear in victims tone only anxious anxiety to get it over to pull it off yea go ahead and shot but make sure u plan ahead better for there's reasons motives and this is a cover up for no other than a motive that benefits the involved and you sir need to redefine intrusion and stranger and lovers and familiarity if I was a stranger especilly a danger and it can be heard and we don't know each other and I'm a theif or a scizo then no one would be questioning the situation it would be fact listen too its a known fact afact that the supposedly intruder knew the supposedly victim by name and loved her and he did not sound dangerouse either only she was hell bent on killing him and for some reason that's why it has to seem the way it seems and the dispatch had to know ahead of time she has a gun a sure way to get by with murder a murder with motive and deceit and more than 1 involvement I'm notthe only 1 that knows this a lot more than you know this is only the begining people all around it does not take a rocket scientist to figure it out to catch on a caveman could hear it and figure it out in a split sec thatshows how many evil people are out here and I don't care b\e is b\e and murder, is as always is murder seems some people don't know the difference or are enviouse of someone taking a life on false pretenses that are NOT played out well AT ALL ha ha ha ha to the people who can't see what has happened that means you are easily fooled or think your better because u would love to kill sme one and get by with it whether they guilty or not or maybe something in it for u BUT best believe a lot of people will see through the lies there is a big difference between conspiracy of murder and victim of a burglar
mrs seeker of truth

El Monte, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2012

Btw I'm no liberal or scum the scum is the liars ~mrs shamer of lies and seeker of truth , only a cover up can can hide the obviouse and far as truth people will want the it investigated further more
mrs seeker of truth

El Monte, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2012

Realistic wrote:
Really Shamer, I can't believe what you wrote. He broke through a double pane patio glass door after 1 AM in the morning. Do you really think he was lost? Was he confused? Who wouldn't be afraid for their life. He came after her down to the bedroom. He could of left after she told him to leave. But he didn't, he kept coming after her. Everyone has a right to defend themselves from violent attacks. She did what she had to do.
REALIISTIC BE REALISTIC & LISTEN they knew each other he loved her shewas not afraid only astounded by her shooting him adrenalin rush he said her name I disregard some of what I said in the my 1st post named shamer this IS MOST definitly MURDER a. LEGAL MURDER by all means the law that allows u to kill an "supposedly" even can tell the dispatch can tell they kept asking "do you know the person?" "Are you sure you donKt know him or
you make me giggle

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2012

I listened to the 911 call and I did not hear him say her name. It was hard to hear anything other than the operator.. I am just confused as to why after she shot him the 2nd time I "think"... she was not talking and you could only hear the back ground noise... I will say that was awful to listen to no matter what the situation is... if he was breaking into her home, off his meds and he was confused... or if there is more to the story.. The 911 tape is very disturbing.. I am not sure if someone was begging me not to kill them and I knew police was on the way and I am standing there was a loaded gun I just do not know if I could shoot someone.. I was not in her shoes so I will not say for sure what I would or would not do...

I do have some questions.. Were any lights on in her house? I just have a hard time thinking that unless the homes were identical once he got into the home why did he go straight for her bedroom? Why was he telling her he loved her? This is the parts that make no sense to me... Sad situation for all involved no doubt
DAWN BOLDEN

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2012

Judged:

Shamer wrote:
Shame on u people thats someones son,brother that was sick he may have commited a crime but should not had to die!!!!!!!!!Kudos,really?u would not be saying that if it was ur loved one that stop meds or may have been drunk and did not know where he was at.How ever withen the 10 comandments "thou shall not kill" I pray for the woman ,kenneth and his fmly and all u delerious people that can sit and gloat about this carma is real u woild not be saying these things if it were ur fmly mbr u would be like "why , why not shoot in the legs ,arms or would you be like " I don't blame em"honestly life happens and no one can blame that fmly either im sorry I pray but I would not want to take some 1 life and that woman is in my prayers too for what happened and having to live with it but I dont judge her I feel bad for both families,u ppl grow up stop judging listen to the 911 call he knocked on the door called her by her namesaid L**a let me in and by the 2nd and 3rd shooting after getting in the bed room then being shot and his screams then returning he sobed and said l**a i love you,said I love you and asked her why did she kill him JUST LOOK AT IT but with your EARS!!!!!!!!!!how can the police not HEAR this or do they WANT TO will be praying this WORLD is gon crazy:(
to bad it wasnt you he broke in on

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Gastonia Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Gastonia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Gastonia News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Gastonia