Miss Gastonia reflects on winning crown

Miss Gastonia reflects on winning crown

There are 15 comments on the The Gaston Gazette story from Jul 28, 2012, titled Miss Gastonia reflects on winning crown. In it, The Gaston Gazette reports that:

A newly crowned pageant winner from Bessemer City says she's comfortable walking in an evening gown with a crown atop her head or riding four-wheelers with her younger brother.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Gaston Gazette.

Don

Charlotte, NC

#2 Jul 29, 2012
I'd let her get down on all 4's and I'd hit it from behind.
Wondering

Gastonia, NC

#3 Jul 29, 2012
Biology major at UNC-Chapel Hill, working on minors in chemistry and Spanish?? Yeah, that sounds like a real backwoods red neck. Why don't you idiots go on back to Friends, drink a few PBR's and relive your glory days of Raider football from 20 years ago...

Since: Jan 12

Gastonia, NC

#4 Jul 29, 2012
I've always wondered who even goes to these pageants.

I'm further amazed that a smart girl with so much going for her would stoop to this level.

Is she seriously going to put "Miss Gastonia, 2012" on her resume?

She would be a laughing stock at any place that hired her.
Lunatic Fringe

Charlotte, NC

#5 Jul 29, 2012
Malcolm III wrote:
I'm further amazed that a smart girl with so much going for her would stoop to this level.
I knew you would not be interested in anything featuring the opposite sex.
Malcolm III

Parsons, TN

#6 Jul 29, 2012
Lunatic Fringe wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew you would not be interested in anything featuring the opposite sex.
I hope you don't expect an apology just because I happen to like the mens.
Chitty Hellmont

Belmont, NC

#7 Jul 29, 2012
Malcolm III wrote:
I agree, who in their right mind put this on a resume. Gastonia will always be labled the redneck capital of the world.
Padget Mom

Gastonia, NC

#8 Jul 29, 2012
Chitty Hellmont wrote:
<quoted text> I agree, who in their right mind put this on a resume. Gastonia will always be labled the redneck capital of the world.
It's just a stepping stone to Miss NC, Miss USA and beyond. Not something I expect a bunch of men to understand.

Gastonia, NC

#10 Jul 29, 2012
Chitty Hellmont wrote:
<quoted text> I agree, who in their right mind put this on a resume. Gastonia will always be labled the redneck capital of the world.
Additionally - Any beauty pageant winner from a small town is always treated with remarks such as:

"So the other three girls in town couldn't find baby sitters that night, huh?"

Gastonia, NC

#11 Jul 29, 2012
Malcolm III wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you don't expect an apology just because I happen to like the mens.
Stop trying to make me more likeable!
Mr Belmont

Lincolnton, NC

#12 Jul 29, 2012
Malcolm III wrote:
Thats a resume killer all right.
Needs something like; Commented on every thread on Belmont Topix in the past 4 years.
Worked for you at Terminix.
Padget Mom

Gastonia, NC

#13 Jul 29, 2012
OMG, you guys just don't get it! She is a lovely girl that won a competetion fair and square in a world you know NOTHING about! Give it a rest please! This girl is someone's sister, someone's daughter, and someone's future Wife. So get a life and leave her alone. She's a beautiful person and if don't know her personally, then please SHUT UP!
What a brain trust

Gastonia, NC

#14 Jul 29, 2012
You really think that Belmont...in good ole Gaston County...is that much better than redneck Gastonia?? Puhlease...you're delusional.

I can only imagine how much more successful this girl will be than any loser on here that dared post something negative about her based on where she's from or how she looks.

Dont forget you help make up the Gaston County demographic...morons.
thank you paper bags

Charlotte, NC

#15 Jul 30, 2012
THATS A FACT JACK wrote:
<quoted text> yEP after she gets layed by all the men judjes,she may make the finals.But she donesn't look that great.Looks like a dolled up Mill Hill Hoe.
she is obviously a smart young woman, and beauty pageants are nothing more than exploiting ones' body and your "god given talents". btw, i'm quite sure the boobs aint "hers" and why is she wasting her brain cells to be the possible next miss nc is beyond my comprehension. there is no future in this crap. stay with the books. if it werent for the long blond hair extensions and her shapely body embellished with a boob job(i can spot a fake rack a mile away), i gotta tell ya, she at best is a 5 PERIOD.

United States

#16 Jul 30, 2012
I'm not disparaging Gastonia, I'm disparaging beauty pageants and the people who participate in them.

Not just the pageant contestants, but the judges, families and spectators as well. I should probably include the Gazette for even reporting on it, but they don't make much money, and this is an easy article for them.
FYI

Charlotte, NC

#17 Aug 5, 2012
The Miss Gastonia Scholarship Pageant is a preliminary pageant to the Miss NC Scholarship pageant; and the Miss NC Scholarship pageant is the preliminary to the Miss America Scholarship pageant. These pageants offer educational scholarships to young women who are in college to help offset the cost of going to college. These young women are required to choose a platform in which they perform community service based on their chosen platform.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gastonia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Put some mac makeup on a pig..it's still a pig 5 hr T-850model 2
Darlene Johnson and Bud known as Ronald Johnson Fri Darlene 13
Randy Wilson Oct 17 wanda rv 1
Boost Oct 8 Sab 1
News Confederate flag, monument rally set for Saturd... (Aug '15) Oct 4 Hardcider 12
IQ average (90) For Law Enforcement (Jul '08) Oct 1 Ej s 128
sex in gastonia (Sep '13) Sep 30 Fatjames69 21

Gastonia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gastonia Mortgages