Republicans against the Toll Road

Republicans against the Toll Road

Posted in the Gastonia Forum

Ralph

Charlotte, NC

#1 Apr 29, 2012
Kathy Harrington, Chuck Costner and Dana Bumgardner are against the boondoggle of wasted tax payer money. They also cannot be linked with the Democrats that have pushed this through, like the other candidates. They have read the Federal Study of the huge job loss analysis and they have seen the environmental impact studies that had the "real" results and not those reported by the road proponents (Democrats). What is a shame is that there are so many Republicans that side with the rich elitist Democrats of Gaston County that will be made rich with all of us paying the bill. Now there is the new investigative report that even though this state has the highest fuel tax, the money does not go to road projects. And with that knowledge you have Republicans running to spend more on these Democrat projects of spending more of our money on a road to nowhere. If you do not vote for one of these three candidates you may be voting for a Democrat in disguise.
John

Charlotte, NC

#2 Apr 29, 2012
But the chamber of commerce supports the toll road? What's up with that?
Ralph

Charlotte, NC

#3 Apr 29, 2012
Because the chamber president is a transplant and does not know the local democrats and their wasteful spending history. You show me a Republican for this road and I will show you a Democrat in disguise. Spend and tax, that is the toll road issue. Ask that woman in the governor's mansion where the money from the fuel tax has gone while you're at it. Road to nowhere is a Democrat spend and tax project, just remember that!
John

Charlotte, NC

#4 Apr 29, 2012
Do you really believe that? This all sounds too fantastic to believe.
Ralph

Charlotte, NC

#5 Apr 29, 2012
Follow the money trail buddy, follow the money trail.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gastonia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jonas Brothers patriarch to open Belmont restau... (Sep '15) Sun Young Voter 11
Sugar Daddy?! May 25 thirsty 2
News This is America! Man Facing Jail For Ripping Ve... May 24 Three Days Paleo 1
News Police: Teacher had sex with student Updated at (Nov '15) May 20 Frank 14
News Property transfers May 18 bigSpender 1
Christians Who Have Concerns About Purity & Mod... (Mar '10) May 16 My InfoBPF 42
do married women like to cheat? (Jul '08) May 14 Cuckold78 381
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gastonia Mortgages