Gaston built on Mack family's contrib...

Gaston built on Mack family's contributions

There are 264 comments on the The State story from Jan 1, 2010, titled Gaston built on Mack family's contributions. In it, The State reports that:

Newlin Mack leveraged his turn-of-the-20th-century job as Gaston's rural mail carrier into a family name whose imprint lingers into the 21st century.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The State.

First Prev
of 14
Next Last
Concerned Citizen

Columbia, SC

#263 Feb 22, 2010
Yeah! YOUR life "is an open book" right, Stephen? That's why this is all too funny to me. You stick your neck out there to be punished by the public abuse. Why? Why not work like "normal" people and earn a "normal" living rather than try to put yourself out there in the public eye so that ALL can see what PERSONAL issues you TRULY have?

I don't understand it. And, on top of it, children are involved in your extravagandas. KILLS me! You destroy YOURSELF and ALL those closest to you.

Give it up, Stephen. Learn to live with yourself. THEN, put yourself in the public eye. Pleeeeeease! Stop all of this nonsense and work out problems in your personal life, rather than PRETEND you are a SAINT in public. People see right through you. Haven't you figured that out yet?

sigh......
gic is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>stay away from the buffet line....FAT MAN
The Post

Columbia, SC

#264 Feb 22, 2010
I've been reading this forum for a few days, And all I see is a lot of negativety. If a few people in Gaston would volunteer their time a lot of things could change for the better. Volunteer Fire Department. Volunteer Police Depart. There seem to be a lot of people who have a lot of free time on their hands. This would be more productive than bashing each othere on this web-sit.I know it will take some time and training and money for traing.But It can be done with some fund raising.
So ask yourself people what can you do for Gaston?
It going to take a lot of hard work!!! But thats got to be better than all the lip service on this web-sit. Get off asses,quit being hard on each other and get it done. If you can't do that, please get a life or a job.
Concerned Citizen

Columbia, SC

#265 Feb 23, 2010
lol! Clowns......that's funny!
Stephen T Dailey wrote:
<quoted text>
Mayor and Council aren't reducing the town debt. Town money is reducing the town debt. All they have to do is give it to who it belongs to. And after the last ordeal, no one could have done anything else without being mauled by the crowd or something, because people are again becoming involved with their Town now. Notice though that they were also refered to as "Clowns". Either way, it was a great story. And still, people hide themselves..........
Concerned Citizen

Columbia, SC

#266 Feb 23, 2010
First, you gotta get SOMEone in there who knows how to MANAGE the money. Someone HONEST! Are there any honest people left in the world? Inquiring minds wanna know.........Too many chiefs and not enough indians, in my opinion. Everyone's in it for the BIG bucks...It's ashame that people can't seem to do what's "right" anymore.

Good luck, Gaston!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gaston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
kim white of gaston (Aug '11) Apr 11 Jdb1978 5
David Tipton Mar 25 Ur stupid cuz u suck 1
Riverland Area Mar '18 ZYX765 1
jessica cole Feb '18 Josulyn23 2
Brent Fairrington Feb '18 D O C 1
The meth usage an the selling of the very harmf... (Mar '15) Jan '18 destroyem 4
News Judge: People Aren't Showing Up For Jury Duty (Jul '07) Jan '18 MegClarkeSC 56

Gaston Jobs

Personal Finance

Gaston Mortgages