Gaston built on Mack family's contributions

Jan 1, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The State

Newlin Mack leveraged his turn-of-the-20th-century job as Gaston's rural mail carrier into a family name whose imprint lingers into the 21st century.

Comments
1 - 20 of 264 Comments Last updated Feb 23, 2010
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

“Have a fantastic day!”

Since: Dec 09

Gaston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2010

It is like opening the history book on Gaston.
Great article!
Just The Facts Please

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2010

Great article and I agree with the opinions about reelecting the same foxes who were watching the hen house when all the chickens disappeared.
take a hint

Prosperity, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2010

Judged:

i loved that he pointed out in the article that the current mayor and council is reducing the debt. woohoo
Just The Facts Please

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2010

take a hint wrote:
i loved that he pointed out in the article that the current mayor and council is reducing the debt. woohoo

That process would go a lot faster if they were not wasting money on a clerk of court to process tickets when we have no police force to write the tickets! The recent article in the Chronicle indicated it would be some time yet before a police force can be reestablished. Town Hall now has 2 full time clerks at a combined salary of nearly $60,000 per year. We are told it is so busy that two are required to do the work yet it was so slow they were able to take the entire week off last week. Does anyone know if this was paid time off? Lots of things that need to be asked at Town Meeting tomorrow night.
take a hint

Prosperity, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2010

Just The Facts Please wrote:
<quoted text>
That process would go a lot faster if they were not wasting money on a clerk of court to process tickets when we have no police force to write the tickets! The recent article in the Chronicle indicated it would be some time yet before a police force can be reestablished. Town Hall now has 2 full time clerks at a combined salary of nearly $60,000 per year. We are told it is so busy that two are required to do the work yet it was so slow they were able to take the entire week off last week. Does anyone know if this was paid time off? Lots of things that need to be asked at Town Meeting tomorrow night.
who cares of your opinion i sure dont i was just stating that i was happy that he put in his article that the present council and mayor are reducing the town debt! our mayor and council do a wonderful job despite what a few think. end of discussion between you and i. thanks!
Stephen T Dailey

West Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

take a hint wrote:
<quoted text>who cares of your opinion i sure dont i was just stating that i was happy that he put in his article that the present council and mayor are reducing the town debt! our mayor and council do a wonderful job despite what a few think. end of discussion between you and i. thanks!
Mayor and Council aren't reducing the town debt. Town money is reducing the town debt. All they have to do is give it to who it belongs to. And after the last ordeal, no one could have done anything else without being mauled by the crowd or something, because people are again becoming involved with their Town now. Notice though that they were also refered to as "Clowns". Either way, it was a great story. And still, people hide themselves..........

“whats wrong Dailey MARIJUANIA”

Since: Nov 09

GOT YOUR TONGUE LMAO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

Stephen T Dailey wrote:
<quoted text>
Mayor and Council aren't reducing the town debt. Town money is reducing the town debt. All they have to do is give it to who it belongs to. And after the last ordeal, no one could have done anything else without being mauled by the crowd or something, because people are again becoming involved with their Town now. Notice though that they were also refered to as "Clowns". Either way, it was a great story. And still, people hide themselves..........
as i recall you have been called a clown yourself, so what does that say about you?!
Stephen T Dailey

West Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

gic is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>as i recall you have been called a clown yourself, so what does that say about you?!
Only by nameless, hidden COWARDS like you. The Macks, nor myself hide behind anything. COWARD, now what does that say about you?
Kay Rikard

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

Stephen T Dailey wrote:
<quoted text>
Only by nameless, hidden COWARDS like you. The Macks, nor myself hide behind anything. COWARD, now what does that say about you?
I do agree with you Steve Why take away from the great article about the Mack family with all the negitive thoughts of foolish people. Who are people with no name. As Cliff stated move on.

GOT YOUR TONGUE LMAO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

Stephen T Dailey wrote:
<quoted text>
fat man you shouldnt call names when you are the only coward and loser anyone knows. why no proof of any of your crap tonight... probably because your "proof" doesnt exist. remember YOUR WORDS HOLD NO MERIT!!! IM DONE FIGHTING WITH A FAT MAN!!

GOT YOUR TONGUE LMAO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

Kay Rikard wrote:
<quoted text>
I do agree with you Steve Why take away from the great article about the Mack family with all the negitive thoughts of foolish people. Who are people with no name. As Cliff stated move on.
WELL MOVE ON WE HAVE WAITED TO LONG FOR YOU TO DO SO!! I AM ALSO DONE FIGHTING WITH YOU AS WELL NO NEED FOR ME TO FIGHT WITH 2 PEOPLE THAT ACT LIKE CHILDREN! HAVE A NICE NIGHT... I KNOW THE TRUTH AND THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS! YOUR OPINIONS MEAN NOTHING TO ME... NEVER HAS AND NEVER WILL. SO I AM MOVING ON BUT THE QUESTION IS CAN THE GIC, STEPHEN, AND YOU?
Stephen T Dailey

West Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

gic is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>WELL MOVE ON WE HAVE WAITED TO LONG FOR YOU TO DO SO!! I AM ALSO DONE FIGHTING WITH YOU AS WELL NO NEED FOR ME TO FIGHT WITH 2 PEOPLE THAT ACT LIKE CHILDREN! HAVE A NICE NIGHT... I KNOW THE TRUTH AND THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS! YOUR OPINIONS MEAN NOTHING TO ME... NEVER HAS AND NEVER WILL. SO I AM MOVING ON BUT THE QUESTION IS CAN THE GIC, STEPHEN, AND YOU?
Useless words without a name. Coward.
Stephen T Dailey

West Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

gic is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>fat man you shouldnt call names when you are the only coward and loser anyone knows. why no proof of any of your crap tonight... probably because your "proof" doesnt exist. remember YOUR WORDS HOLD NO MERIT!!! IM DONE FIGHTING WITH A FAT MAN!!
I don't hide.....COWARD.
Just The Facts Please

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

gic is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>WELL MOVE ON WE HAVE WAITED TO LONG FOR YOU TO DO SO!! I AM ALSO DONE FIGHTING WITH YOU AS WELL NO NEED FOR ME TO FIGHT WITH 2 PEOPLE THAT ACT LIKE CHILDREN! HAVE A NICE NIGHT... I KNOW THE TRUTH AND THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS! YOUR OPINIONS MEAN NOTHING TO ME... NEVER HAS AND NEVER WILL. SO I AM MOVING ON BUT THE QUESTION IS CAN THE GIC, STEPHEN, AND YOU?
You have the nerve to call people childish when in the post before this you were making fun of people for their weight. I was at the meeting. I heard a very well spoken teacher ask 4 valid questions and receive 0 real answers. Same old dodge and weave game. It is amazing that every month when the mayor is asked about money he always says, "I was just on the phone with them today" but still no real answers. 2 months of no show from the auditors, I say fire them. I also heard Mr.Pound say he is not going to vote, Mr. Sharpe refuse to discuss the dancing issue and Mr. Delk give the same sad story about having more information on the business association next month. Everything is always going to happen next month with this bunch. The only one who even tries to do anything of value is Ms. Ross. One smart thing the mayor did was assign her to reevaluate the ordinance books as she is the only one capable of doing it. I also heard the Census Organizer ask for a location to hold a rally, why would the mayor not suggest the newly refurbished collard kitchen? Seems like a good way to show it off and help with the census process. Now when it ends up being held in Swansea some people from Gaston will find fault with it being held there.
Just The Facts Please

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

gic is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>fat man you shouldnt call names when you are the only coward and loser anyone knows. why no proof of any of your crap tonight... probably because your "proof" doesnt exist. remember YOUR WORDS HOLD NO MERIT!!! IM DONE FIGHTING WITH A FAT MAN!!
Why no "proof" of this certified letter your friend was threatening?
The fact that she was not there (at least not in sight) made it very easy to confirm your true identity. You should have thought about the safety in numbers rule before you posted under this name again.

GOT YOUR TONGUE LMAO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

Stephen T Dailey wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't hide.....COWARD.
stay away from the buffet line....FAT MAN

GOT YOUR TONGUE LMAO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

<quoted text>
You have the nerve to call people childish when in the post before this you were making fun of people for their weight. I was at the meeting. I heard a very well spoken teacher ask 4 valid questions and receive 0 real answers. Same old dodge and weave game. It is amazing that every month when the mayor is asked about money he always says, "I was just on the phone with them today" but still no real answers. 2 months of no show from the auditors, I say fire them. I also heard Mr.Pound say he is not going to vote, Mr. Sharpe refuse to discuss the dancing issue and Mr. Delk give the same sad story about having more information on the business association next month. Everything is always going to happen next month with this bunch. The only one who even tries to do anything of value is Ms. Ross. One smart thing the mayor did was assign her to reevaluate the ordinance books as she is the only one capable of doing it. I also heard the Census Organizer ask for a location to hold a rally, why would the mayor not suggest the newly refurbished collard kitchen? Seems like a good way to show it off and help with the census process. Now when it ends up being held in Swansea some people from Gaston will find fault with it being held there.
and i care about your worthless ramblings... oh yeah i dont

GOT YOUR TONGUE LMAO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

<quoted text>
Why no "proof" of this certified letter your friend was threatening?
The fact that she was not there (at least not in sight) made it very easy to confirm your true identity. You should have thought about the safety in numbers rule before you posted under this name again.
and i care again... i dont just you and more worthless rambling yadda yadda yadda
Just The Facts Please

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

gic is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>and i care again... i dont just you and more worthless rambling yadda yadda yadda
I make valid points for discussion. You engage in "worthless rambling".

GOT YOUR TONGUE LMAO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

<quoted text>
I make valid points for discussion. You engage in "worthless rambling".
you just made a joke how funny. you make no valid points, so fighting with you is pointless because your opinions dont matter to me. they are just as i said WORTHLESS RAMBLINGS.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 14
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Gaston Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Gaston Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••