Cayce Police are Angry

Posted in the Gaston Forum

Law Abiding Citizen

Elgin, SC

#1 Oct 18, 2008
Last night I attempted to walk to my car to give my friend a ride home. He was downtown earlier in the night and stopped by my house afterwards because he was in the neighborhood. Being 100% sober, and not having had one drop of alcohol that night, I offered to give him a ride home. When I walked to my car it was blocked in by Cayce Police who were busting a party. Upon approaching the area with nothing in our hands besides my friend holding a pizza pocket, we were not asked but yelled at to come forward to be interrogated. They asked me if I was drunk, and I told them no I am sober just trying to take my friend home. They then figured out that my friend had drank some that night and they gave him as many tickets as they could ofcourse. I tried to wait around so I could take my friend home after they gave him his tickets but the Cayce Police officers were all very angry for some reason I had not caused. It always seems they are everytime I see them. They yelled at me to go to my house across the neighborhood. I told them I was just waiting on my friend because I was responsible for him. Because these Cayce Police officers are more concerned with public safety than sitting on their high horses, they got real upset and got in my face threatening to arrest me for "Not Listening". I decided to listen even though I knew I had done nothing wrong and I thought it was wrong that I could not walk outside of my house sober and get into my own car. What if I had something important such as work to go to? A girl friend of mine called me because she saw me walking home outside. She told me to come into her house to hang out. I turned towards her house and the police officers started to yell at me very aggressively. They acted like I was breaking a major law and ran towards me. I stopped and turned to listen to them power trip and tell me that I could not visit my friend's hosue down the road when I had done nothing wrong. I did not feel like going to jail and hiring a lawyer so I listened and went home. It is a sad thing when you follow the laws, and try to help a friend out the legal way, and get harassed by the local law enforcement. However, everytime I see this type of abuse go on with the Cayce Police I will say I notice a few police officers that stand by and remain quiet with a look of disgust in their eyes. I know there are some good police officers in the bunch, but I guess the "blue laws" are keeping them from speaking out against their buddies.
FATMAN

Columbia, SC

#2 Nov 4, 2008
Cayce Public Safety HAS,AND ALWAYS HAS HAD more than their fair share of ass clowns posing as public safety officers / supervisors. If it's any solace to you, it could have turned out much worse. Fortunately, you were level headed.
The West Newton Kid

Brookline, MA

#3 Jun 9, 2009
Law Abiding Citizen wrote:
Last night I attempted to walk to my car to give my friend a ride home. He was downtown earlier in the night and stopped by my house afterwards because he was in the neighborhood. Being 100% sober, and not having had one drop of alcohol that night, I offered to give him a ride home. When I walked to my car it was blocked in by Cayce Police who were busting a party. Upon approaching the area with nothing in our hands besides my friend holding a pizza pocket, we were not asked but yelled at to come forward to be interrogated. They asked me if I was drunk, and I told them no I am sober just trying to take my friend home. They then figured out that my friend had drank some that night and they gave him as many tickets as they could ofcourse. I tried to wait around so I could take my friend home after they gave him his tickets but the Cayce Police officers were all very angry for some reason I had not caused. It always seems they are everytime I see them. They yelled at me to go to my house across the neighborhood. I told them I was just waiting on my friend because I was responsible for him. Because these Cayce Police officers are more concerned with public safety than sitting on their high horses, they got real upset and got in my face threatening to arrest me for "Not Listening". I decided to listen even though I knew I had done nothing wrong and I thought it was wrong that I could not walk outside of my house sober and get into my own car. What if I had something important such as work to go to? A girl friend of mine called me because she saw me walking home outside. She told me to come into her house to hang out. I turned towards her house and the police officers started to yell at me very aggressively. They acted like I was breaking a major law and ran towards me. I stopped and turned to listen to them power trip and tell me that I could not visit my friend's hosue down the road when I had done nothing wrong. I did not feel like going to jail and hiring a lawyer so I listened and went home. It is a sad thing when you follow the laws, and try to help a friend out the legal way, and get harassed by the local law enforcement. However, everytime I see this type of abuse go on with the Cayce Police I will say I notice a few police officers that stand by and remain quiet with a look of disgust in their eyes. I know there are some good police officers in the bunch, but I guess the "blue laws" are keeping them from speaking out against their buddies.
This story is typical of what can now happen in this nation to an honest law abiding soul. Some cops are so hung up on their power that they go out of their way to create something out of nothing. Many of these clowns appear to be most interested in amusing themselves and throwing their weight around; instead of protecting and serving the public. You can no longer watch the News for more than a week before you hear of a new story of some loudmouth arrogant cop popping his cork over nothing.

And, as "Law Abiding Citizen" pointed out above; other cops that witness this nonsense appear to look the other way on all of it. Cops are very sensitive to being called a Rat. A Rat (an honest cop who finally turns in corrupt cops because it is the right thing to do) is viewed by other cops as being worse than a common criminal.

Yes, I'm afraid that law enforcement as it now exists in the U.S has taken a real turn for the worse in the years since 9/11. The cops have conveniently used 9/11 as an excuse to do anything and everything.

ForkTheFlatFoots

Columbia, SC

#4 Jun 8, 2013
Cayce SC Police department has faulty equipment and a bunch of douche bags as cops. Don't go near them or spend money at any of the businesses. In short, they suck.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gaston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
mandie powell?? Feb 18 josimba88 4
Two-Year-Old Almost Drowns in Pond (Apr '07) Feb 3 Bob J 86
Woman pleads guilty to murders (Jul '07) Feb 3 marie1479 382
Jugar Traffic Slam 3 en línea Jan '15 Unity 3d games 1
kayla stewart Dec '14 big jim 1
Lexington County towns seek road repairs and mo... (Dec '13) Nov '14 Knight 2
brent fairrington (Oct '10) Nov '14 dodo 6
Gaston Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Gaston People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:01 am PST

NBC Sports10:01AM
Temple officially adds NFL experience to coaching staff
NBC Sports10:23 AM
NFL: Greg Hardy is eligible to sign free agent contract
Bleacher Report11:48 AM
Insider Buzz: NFL Decision on Hardy Reinstatement Coming by Start of Free Agency
Bleacher Report 1:07 PM
Falcons Sign Veteran FS Godfrey to Extension
Bleacher Report 1:19 PM
Report: Multiple Teams Interested in QB Yates