Church and State should NOT be separa...
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Concerned

Columbia, SC

#81 Sep 11, 2010
.........and, I am still praying.
neutralHUMAN

Apo, AP

#82 Feb 8, 2011
Concerned Citizen wrote:
This country was founded on religion! It was the MAIN reason the settlers came here and fought to become an INDEPENDENT nation!
Consider running a small town where church and state are not separated and see how much better off this town will become.
God bless you all!
Actually this country was NOT founded on the basis of religion. Otherwise you would be held to religious law as some countries do in the middle east. The founding fathers actually came here and founded the country to get away from the strangle hold of the King and opression of the church. Nowhere in the Decleration of Independence does it mention a god or religion. Please do a little research before you decide to post something that is completely incorrect. If you want to have religion in your life then that is your decision but please do not shove it down the throats of others as if it is the only truth in this universe. It is our constitutional right to practice and believe any religion or lack there of. If you judge a person because of their religious preference or lack of, then there is something wrong with your thought processing. A person can have NO religion and still be a good person. Try and see that.
Concerned

Columbia, SC

#83 Feb 15, 2011
neutralHUMAN wrote:
<quoted text> Actually this country was NOT founded on the basis of religion. Otherwise you would be held to religious law as some countries do in the middle east. The founding fathers actually came here and founded the country to get away from the strangle hold of the King and opression of the church. Nowhere in the Decleration of Independence does it mention a god or religion. Please do a little research before you decide to post something that is completely incorrect. If you want to have religion in your life then that is your decision but please do not shove it down the throats of others as if it is the only truth in this universe. It is our constitutional right to practice and believe any religion or lack there of. If you judge a person because of their religious preference or lack of, then there is something wrong with your thought processing. A person can have NO religion and still be a good person. Try and see that.
Not judging anyone on their religion....This country was founded so that we all could practice whatever religion that we wanted and now some are trying to take away that freedom! Then again, guess some could practice voodoo if they chose to right out on the street if there weren't certain laws. My appologies for stating otherwise.
Im_saddened

Fort Dodge, IA

#84 Mar 24, 2011
Concerned Citizen wrote:
While I understand WHY you might say such a thing, it's hard for me to imagine a life without the help of God. He has brought me through some rough times.
There was a story on a program years ago that I cannot forget where a man started a business and he ran his business based on Biblical principles. Today, this company is a multi-million dollar company.
Take it or leave it.
<quoted text>
- i am truly saddened that there are still people whom cling to a story so strongly that they say it is the cause of there own accomplishments. i don't mean to attack your belief but to say it is what got you through hard times is weak in my eyes. If it is what motivated you to do something good for yourself or others is a different story.
the forefathers of our country used religion as a motive to start anew, to fight for freedom, but not to take freedom away from others. they did not give credit to their belief but to the people whom fought for their rights. the people who founded america did not intend others to conform to their beliefs(we might as well be Britain v.2).
the bible, or any other religious item, is a strong tool for motivation no doubt, but its a weakness in humanity. we cling to such things in desperation from the undesireable.(i am not saying STOP BELIEVING IN IT)
I do believe the law or state should be completely seperated from religion. religion is a right we have. just like we have the right to have an opinion since when your life is over it is only an opinion whether it be true or false, because sometimes you just gotta roll the dice.
Concerned

Columbia, SC

#85 Mar 26, 2011
Im_saddened wrote:
<quoted text>
- i am truly saddened that there are still people whom cling to a story so strongly that they say it is the cause of there own accomplishments. i don't mean to attack your belief but to say it is what got you through hard times is weak in my eyes. If it is what motivated you to do something good for yourself or others is a different story.
the forefathers of our country used religion as a motive to start anew, to fight for freedom, but not to take freedom away from others. they did not give credit to their belief but to the people whom fought for their rights. the people who founded america did not intend others to conform to their beliefs(we might as well be Britain v.2).
the bible, or any other religious item, is a strong tool for motivation no doubt, but its a weakness in humanity. we cling to such things in desperation from the undesireable.(i am not saying STOP BELIEVING IN IT)
I do believe the law or state should be completely seperated from religion. religion is a right we have. just like we have the right to have an opinion since when your life is over it is only an opinion whether it be true or false, because sometimes you just gotta roll the dice.
Thank you for your opinion! That was very well written and I also agree.'just hope we're all ready when our time comes.

God bless you and yours!
Concerned

Columbia, SC

#86 Jun 27, 2011
"The right of freedom being a gift of God Almighty...maybe best understood by reading carefully studying the institutes of the Gret Law Giver...which are to be found clearly written and promulgated in the New Testament." --Samuel Adams
dude guy

San Bernardino, CA

#87 Nov 3, 2011
Concerned Citizen wrote:
This country was founded on religion! It was the MAIN reason the settlers came here and fought to become an INDEPENDENT nation!
Consider running a small town where church and state are not separated and see how much better off this town will become.
God bless you all!
Actually the founding fathers wanted the seperation of church and state
Jeff

Greensboro, NC

#88 Nov 5, 2011
This nation was founded upon FREEDOM OF RELIGION! Our nation's founding fathers killed off the "Indians", or Native Americans, in order to have a land that was "theirs", one free from the mandated religion from their respective European countries.

If you call yourself a Christian, then you are accepting of other people's beliefs. If not, you are a hypocrite. "Judge not lest you be judged." If you call yourself an American, you believe in "Freedom of Religion", as listed in the Bill of Rights.

For anyone to say that a certain religion should be intertwined with our government means one of two things. Either they are not a Christian, or, they are unamerican. Possibly both.

Saying that Christianity should be intertwined with the rule of the U.S. Government is to say either "I have the right to judge", which, based on the text of the holy book of said Christians, they do NOT have that right, OR, a country that was founded on the basic premise of freedom of religion should, for whatever reason, renig on that premise.

Government should levy taxes with fair representation. Governments should declare war when needed. Governments should NEVER create internal policy based on the religious beliefs of one certain religious group, in essence, implying that all other religions are "wrong", which basically implies that such parties are against the Bill of Rights, meaning that those who think that Christianity should be the basis of our government should throw the Bill of Rights out the window, and sh!t on anyone who has a different belief.

I'm American, I am Christian. But do I expect everyone in this great Country to believe what I do? NEVER. The freedom to choose to believe what you want to believe is what makes this nation great.

For all of you who pass judgement on believers of other religions, I respectfully ask that you take a look at the tenants of your religion, and then realize that you are acting in a manner inconsistent with the tenants of your religion. I have studied both eastern and western religions, and one of the basics I've found across the board is "respect others". Anyone who says their religion is superior to another's religion proves themselves a hypocrite.

In my humble opinion, the U.S. Government would do well in remembering that Church and State shouldn't be mixed. It would destroy all of what our founding fathers worked for, which was freedom.

May God bless you.
May Allah be merciful upon you.
May the Mother Earth shine upon you.

May all be willing to accept others, to accept other beliefs, and to accept the on thing that will never, ever be wrong:
Just because you're right doesn't mean I'm wrong.

Remember, the reverse is also true.

0.02 by Jeff
gman1012

Cape Coral, FL

#89 Dec 1, 2011
dlkd wrote:
JTFP is absolutely correct. Our current president is Muslim. Should all the government decisions be made now with the Qur'an in mind? And, if Muslim is the preferred religion of the government, should it force its citizens to convert?
Oh, wait, you thought that the government would just take YOUR religion and everyone else would have to conform to it.
I agree with the idea of this, but why do you think that the current president is Muslim?
openmind

Port Charlotte, FL

#90 Apr 10, 2012
dlkd wrote:
JTFP is absolutely correct. Our current president is Muslim. Should all the government decisions be made now with the Qur'an in mind? And, if Muslim is the preferred religion of the government, should it force its citizens to convert?
Oh, wait, you thought that the government would just take YOUR religion and everyone else would have to conform to it.
Our president is not a Muslim. He has said it many times before.
James

Fort Smith, AR

#91 May 3, 2012
You clearly have so much knowledge because every single president in American history have been Christians so please go get your GED then come complain about the government that you do nothing to contribute to when you have at least some basic knowledge of our government leaders and how America's government actually works
Reasoning

Pleasant Hill, CA

#92 Sep 13, 2016
dlkd wrote:

you are a new level of dumb ass

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gaston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
in pain Jan 4 anonymous 2
Utility Deposits Dec 28 Mom X 4 1
Swansea Elementary Dec 28 Mom X 4 2
News Judge: People Aren't Showing Up For Jury Duty (Jul '07) Nov '16 Dale 54
Teen in Anthony Weiner sexting scandal believed... Oct '16 DarxydeDave 1
wats up with the tree people Oct '16 ryan8798 1
News Joe & Peggy Pinner move back to county Sep '16 jgg1337 1

Gaston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance