Church and State should NOT be separa...

Church and State should NOT be separated!

Posted in the Gaston Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Concerned Citizen

Hopkins, SC

#1 Feb 23, 2010
This country was founded on religion! It was the MAIN reason the settlers came here and fought to become an INDEPENDENT nation!

Consider running a small town where church and state are not separated and see how much better off this town will become.

God bless you all!
Just The Facts Please

United States

#2 Feb 24, 2010
The Law thankfully says that we have to separate the two. If we did not just whose religious beliefs would you expect all of us to adhere to? From what I have seen of your behavior on this site I am quite certain I do not want to follow your beliefs. Sadly the same can be said for several other regulars on here.
Concerned Citizen

Hopkins, SC

#3 Feb 24, 2010
While I understand WHY you might say such a thing, it's hard for me to imagine a life without the help of God. He has brought me through some rough times.

There was a story on a program years ago that I cannot forget where a man started a business and he ran his business based on Biblical principles. Today, this company is a multi-million dollar company.

Take it or leave it.
Just The Facts Please wrote:
The Law thankfully says that we have to separate the two. If we did not just whose religious beliefs would you expect all of us to adhere to? From what I have seen of your behavior on this site I am quite certain I do not want to follow your beliefs. Sadly the same can be said for several other regulars on here.
Thor

United States

#4 Jul 10, 2010
The 1st amendment of the Constitution is perfect, and quite clear.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

The Founding Fathers were quite aware of the dangers to Liberty of a Church indoctrinated State.
The suppression of science, and the advancement of man, the killing of Great people for heresy, is a Black Mark in the history of man.
Don't mess with my freedom or ill let loose these
upon you.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x204/andbl...

Hundreds of millions of Americans have got my back on these fundamental and unique American rights.
Don't monkey with my Liberty, because that IS
what made the U.S.the greatest nation on Earth!

dlkd

Gaston, SC

#5 Jul 11, 2010
JTFP is absolutely correct. Our current president is Muslim. Should all the government decisions be made now with the Qur'an in mind? And, if Muslim is the preferred religion of the government, should it force its citizens to convert?

Oh, wait, you thought that the government would just take YOUR religion and everyone else would have to conform to it.
Concerned

Hopkins, SC

#6 Jul 12, 2010
Well, I guess we will all remain in a quandry and state of confusion then. The ACLU fights to take God out of the Pledge of Allegiance and prayer out of schools. WE, the people, and our children, have no foothold.....nothing to grasp. There will continue to be total confusion in America as long as we adhere to the accomplishments of the ACLU and others who steadily fight to keep God out of our society.

God Bless America!
Abraxas

United States

#7 Jul 12, 2010
Concerned wrote:
Well, I guess we will all remain in a quandry and state of confusion then. The ACLU fights to take God out of the Pledge of Allegiance and prayer out of schools. WE, the people, and our children, have no foothold.....nothing to grasp. There will continue to be total confusion in America as long as we adhere to the accomplishments of the ACLU and others who steadily fight to keep God out of our society.
God Bless America!
Just keep God out of the Government. Government is mucked up enough already.
We can go to church , that is our right and freedom to choose to do so, or not. But it is not the Governments right to mandate any religion , or you to be a part of any religion to hold office.
This insures freedom of choice, mandated by your God, or if you have no god by American inherited right . If you have no God feel free to borrow mine ,if you so choose. That Is the...Pledge to the freedom of the Republic for which it Stands ,One Nation Under God , Indivisible , with LIBERTY and JUSTICE for ALL!
God in America ,is in the eye of the beholder.
Concerned

Hopkins, SC

#8 Jul 12, 2010
Well, there are some who would use this, I suppose to create their own ideas about the Bible. I've seen it. But, the principles in which I seek are those in which we serve one another....people working together for the same goals. To create an environment where all are the same in the eyes of God....to work as a team to make each individual important...not just those who have the money, greed, and power.

'guess we all know this will never be.....
Concerned

Hopkins, SC

#9 Jul 15, 2010
P.S. There is but one God; one creator of the universe, and of the heavens and of the Earth. He may be called by different names around the world, but He is still the same God.

God bless America and all of you also!
AlsoConcerned

Mount Airy, NC

#10 Jul 15, 2010
I agree with the subject of this thread. Allah should be at the center of the US government.
:)
Concerned

Hopkins, SC

#11 Jul 17, 2010
AlsoConcerned wrote:
I agree with the subject of this thread. Allah should be at the center of the US government.
:)
'glad you understand and agree. Maybe we could change the Pledge of Allegiance from it's ORIGINAL format and make it...."One nation under Allah..." instead.
AlsoConcerned

Mount Airy, NC

#12 Jul 18, 2010
My point was this: I am a Christian. Not everyone has my beliefs. It is far from Christian to force my beliefs on others. Share them? Yes, that is Christian. But to force the beliefs of MY religion on the multitude that have come to this country to escape religous persecution? I can think of no greater atrocity.
Concerned

Hopkins, SC

#13 Jul 19, 2010
AlsoConcerned wrote:
My point was this: I am a Christian. Not everyone has my beliefs. It is far from Christian to force my beliefs on others. Share them? Yes, that is Christian. But to force the beliefs of MY religion on the multitude that have come to this country to escape religous persecution? I can think of no greater atrocity.
So, what about the fact that others like the ACLU are trying to take even OUR religion out of the social stigma? No prayer? No Ten Commandments posted at the court houses anymore? No, God in the Pledge of allegiance? Do we just stand by and let those people take even OUR religious beliefs away from us?

The fact that we all need a hand-up once in awhile and our Christian nature to "serve" one another is becoming anulled is shameful. Quite frankly, our God has every right to be angry and not protect our nation with all of the disimbottlement that this nation is creating, and soon, we may feel the affects of HIS wrath because we stand by and do nothing, say nothing, and those who are out to create chaos here will have their way.

The Government doesn't seem to be "serving" US. They protect their own and take from those of us who work hard for a living and can barely pay our bills.

But, like I said earlier, we all KNOW that the NATURE of Christianity is falling fast, and generations to come will feel the affect of it. That's all I'm saying.

God bless you!
dlkd

Gaston, SC

#14 Jul 21, 2010
Concerned, the problem with your stance is this, you are not upset that the ACLU is entering your church, but you are upset that they are removing Christian prayer from government or public areas.

No prayer in school? Should Muslims be allowed to observe Dhuhr, taking a break from class shortly after noon for their prayer? It is considered a large part of their religion. What if a student is not religious at all? Then, you are forcing them to observe your religion.

As for the Ten Commandments in court houses, is that to state that those that do not believe in a religion consisting of the 10 commandments are to be tried in another court house? If my religion is scientology and I decide to evade taxes, why should I submit to a trial in a court house that shows a bias to another religion?

And, if I am asked to give recite the Pledge of Allegiance to this country, as a soldier, and I am Muslim, then I want to state; "one nation under Allah". Would you be happy with that? What if I told you that "under God" was added to the pledge in 1954 and was not part of the original writing, which stated; "I pledge allegiance to my Flag and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Until they enter your church and begin telling you what to believe, they are not taking YOUR religious beliefs away, they are creating a government system that is equal to all, be it Christian, Muslim, Scientologist, Satanist, etc, and that is what government should be.....unbiased.

The part that I think people forget, this Nation was created because people wanted to get away from those that forced their religion upon them. If "under God" is in the pledge, prayer is in school, the commandments are in court houses, then religion is being forced into places that are also funded by the taxes of those that may or may not agree with that religion. It is being forced upon those that do not desire to follow that religion.

I think the issue of the failure of our government to "serve" us is a completely different discussion.
Concerned

Columbia, SC

#15 Jul 21, 2010
dlkd wrote:
Concerned, the problem with your stance is this, you are not upset that the ACLU is entering your church, but you are upset that they are removing Christian prayer from government or public areas.
No prayer in school? Should Muslims be allowed to observe Dhuhr, taking a break from class shortly after noon for their prayer? It is considered a large part of their religion. What if a student is not religious at all? Then, you are forcing them to observe your religion.
As for the Ten Commandments in court houses, is that to state that those that do not believe in a religion consisting of the 10 commandments are to be tried in another court house? If my religion is scientology and I decide to evade taxes, why should I submit to a trial in a court house that shows a bias to another religion?
And, if I am asked to give recite the Pledge of Allegiance to this country, as a soldier, and I am Muslim, then I want to state; "one nation under Allah". Would you be happy with that? What if I told you that "under God" was added to the pledge in 1954 and was not part of the original writing, which stated; "I pledge allegiance to my Flag and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
Until they enter your church and begin telling you what to believe, they are not taking YOUR religious beliefs away, they are creating a government system that is equal to all, be it Christian, Muslim, Scientologist, Satanist, etc, and that is what government should be.....unbiased.
The part that I think people forget, this Nation was created because people wanted to get away from those that forced their religion upon them. If "under God" is in the pledge, prayer is in school, the commandments are in court houses, then religion is being forced into places that are also funded by the taxes of those that may or may not agree with that religion. It is being forced upon those that do not desire to follow that religion.
I think the issue of the failure of our government to "serve" us is a completely different discussion.
I understand all of that. And, I know you're right. But, there are many issues concerning religion that desriminate against OUR religion. I, personally, believe that, if this country really is a FREE country, we should ALL be able to practice whatever religion we choose anyWHERE that we choose without being hit with wome sort of lawsuit. Also, there WAS a time when EASTER was considered a national holiday! A few years back, they took that one away from us BECAUSE it's considered a RELIGIOUS holiday! There was a woman a few years back who was fired from HER job because she wished her customer, a MERRY CHRISTMAS! ALSO a religious holiday! All this, too me, is so nitpicky, that's it's absolutely rediculous. ONLY, APPARENTY, the ACLU has lots and lots of money to go to the SUPREME COURT to fight to have ALL men of GOD and anything to do with CHRISTIANITY removed from our society!

BLUE LAWS.....DISSAPATED! THE government rules EVERY aspect of our lives already. IT affects us on a PERSONAL level. It's all about money and greed.

But, anyone who agrees with the Bible knows already that the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. All because the government has a monopoly on ALL our lives. But, hopefully, the Bible really is true and "the meek shall inherit the earth" one day. It's just very sad to me.

Thanx for your input.
You must be kidding

Orangeburg, SC

#16 Jul 26, 2010
Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand all of that. And, I know you're right. But, there are many issues concerning religion that desriminate against OUR religion. I, personally, believe that, if this country really is a FREE country, we should ALL be able to practice whatever religion we choose anyWHERE that we choose without being hit with wome sort of lawsuit. Also, there WAS a time when EASTER was considered a national holiday! A few years back, they took that one away from us BECAUSE it's considered a RELIGIOUS holiday! There was a woman a few years back who was fired from HER job because she wished her customer, a MERRY CHRISTMAS! ALSO a religious holiday! All this, too me, is so nitpicky, that's it's absolutely rediculous. ONLY, APPARENTY, the ACLU has lots and lots of money to go to the SUPREME COURT to fight to have ALL men of GOD and anything to do with CHRISTIANITY removed from our society!
BLUE LAWS.....DISSAPATED! THE government rules EVERY aspect of our lives already. IT affects us on a PERSONAL level. It's all about money and greed.
But, anyone who agrees with the Bible knows already that the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. All because the government has a monopoly on ALL our lives. But, hopefully, the Bible really is true and "the meek shall inherit the earth" one day. It's just very sad to me.
Thanx for your input.
All of this from a woman whom has broken every commandment in the Bible. She has committed adultry ever since she got married and fornication even before then. She doesn't even have her children, they are taken care of soley by her ex-husband. She doesn't even see them. God, Concerned? Where is God in your life?
You must be kidding

Orangeburg, SC

#17 Jul 26, 2010
Nor does she support them. Did God teach you all of this?
Concerned

Columbia, SC

#18 Jul 26, 2010
You must be kidding wrote:
Nor does she support them. Did God teach you all of this?
This must be either Stephen or Lacie! And, I have no defense against that accept to say that my God loves me and if you'd like to continue to believe all the lies of the devil then that's your choice. WE all do what we have to do to survive and the devil does his best to take us under.

Issues derive in our lives that we have to deal with on an individual basis. I've ALWAYS been a child of God. I took my children to church when I had them, and tried to teach them good morals. But, I felt I was fighting the devil one on one with their father, so, in order to retain peace, I so had to break away so that everyone could have it.

If my children ever want to come and live with me, I would gladly support them. But, I will NOT support their father's EVIL agenda. He enjoys doing drugs and causing harm to himself and those around him. That is a whole other issue.

God bless you and yours.
Concerned

Columbia, SC

#19 Jul 26, 2010
BTW-"MY GOD", as you say, loves unconditionally, as we all should.

I Corinthians 13:4-8

Love is patient and kind. Love is not rude. Love does not insist on its own way, it is not irritable or resentful, it does not rejoice in wrong, but rejoices in the right. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends.
Concerned

Columbia, SC

#20 Jul 26, 2010
You must be kidding wrote:
Nor does she support them. Did God teach you all of this?
And, if you'd like to discuss this matter on a deeper scale....one on one....rather than complaining about me behind some fake name here.....you know how to reach ME. I have not hidden myself and my children from the rest of the world. Call me.....we'll have lunch....or have a long conversation on the phone. Let's not put all our business in the street, huh, Stephen. That's why we're not together now.

Have a good day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gaston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
kayla stewart (Dec '14) 31 min Faith 9
I am thankful for............. (Nov '10) Apr 22 Anonymous 3
What is up with the people who live here Apr 22 Anonymous 1
What up just moved to Gaston sc Apr 22 Anonymous 1
Anybody know Josh Keadle, 29? (Dec '10) Apr 1 hey 75
mandie powell?? (Feb '15) Feb '16 fhatcheryfarms 8
It's the Police Job to Establish Order and Resp... Nov '15 Culture Auditor 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gaston Mortgages