This week in local government - Local / Metro

Feb 1, 2010 Full story: www.thestate.com 589

Gaston Town Council: 7 p.m. Tuesday at Town Hall/Old Police Department Building, 186 N. Carlisle St.

Read more
First Prev
of 30
Next Last
Curiousity

United States

#1 Feb 2, 2010
Be there or be square!!
Just The Facts Please

United States

#2 Feb 2, 2010
Curiousity wrote:
Be there or be square!!
I was there and I am still shaking my head in disbelief!

Since: Feb 08

sandy run,sc

#3 Feb 2, 2010
May I ask why ?
Just The Facts Please

United States

#4 Feb 3, 2010
Leadfoot wrote:
May I ask why ?
assing

You had to be there to fully appreciate just how inept our council is. Embarring
Just The Facts Please

United States

#5 Feb 3, 2010
not sure how that happened maybe it was a "Freudian" slip. Embarrassing

sandy run,sc

#6 Feb 3, 2010
Would you mind telling me a little more about why they are embarrassing? I would like to know. And who was " assing " ?
Just The Facts Please

United States

#7 Feb 3, 2010
Leadfoot wrote:
Would you mind telling me a little more about why they are embarrassing? I would like to know. And who was " assing " ?
That was supposed to be on the end of embarrassing and somehow it printed wrong. But I did think it was ironic because the behavior of the Mayor Pro Tem was indeed assinine. He was obviously mad about something and he spit and sputtered a bunch of stuff that most people didn't even understand. He started by introducing himself as Mayor Pro'Tem Charlie Sharpe but some people call me Dumb Charlie. no matter bacause I take my directions from the man upstairs. Excuse me but if you want to practice your preaching skills go to theology school and get a degree. Town Meetings are not the place to preach and referring to Mr. Delk and Mr.Pound as brother Delk and Brother Pound is wrong. Mr. Sharpe would do well to reread the manual he was quoting and pay extra attention to the parts regarding the seperation of church and state. I cannot explain how ill prepared and backwards the whole meeting was on many levels but I am told it was recorded and will hopefully be posted on line for others to view what the people of Gaston are being subjected to every month.

sandy run,sc

#8 Feb 3, 2010
Well, as for the recording part I have seen the meeting recorded before and it was twisted and turned to suit the recorder in some way or the other. Why would Mr Sharpe be single out for separation of church and state when every meeting has been started with a prayer? I have also heard a lot of the folks in town refer to someone else as " brother". Maybe that's just a ole time thing or maybe it is because Mr Sharpe has spent a lot of time in the church. Maybe if there had been a little more church in the Town Hall with the previous so called "leadership" we wouldn't be in the situation we are trying to get out of now. As for being subjecting the Town's people to anything there has been a lot of that lately. I think what Mr Sharpe was trying to do was try to explain to some people why things can't be done over night. There are rules and regulations that must be followed. You can't just say I am going to do this and run out and do it. You have to follow certain steps for things to be legal and straight forward or we could all end up in a mess. Some people want to just jump up and say I am going to do this and that or " my people want me to do this and that " and that is just not how it works.When you are dealing with Towns and such things have to be done correctly. Legally. These are rules in place to protect us as the Town's people from some yahoo jumping on his soap box and causing the same problems we are running into now.There is a book I read in that said to be careful of people who praise themselves too much and claim to be the new messiah. Ever heard that before? That's my understanding of what we have now.
Curiousity

United States

#9 Feb 3, 2010
I personally didn't agree with the way that Sharpe preached the hell and brimstone to SOMEBODY in the room, but when he was asked about it after the meeting, he said it was directed toward the GIC. I would also say that the teacher's questions were again unanswered -- who hired Bellotti, why is she getting an exhorbitant salary and, since there's no police department, why is the other woman working??

sandy run,sc

#10 Feb 3, 2010
What planet were you on at the meeting ? I didn't hear anyone preaching hell and brimstone. It seemed that the the teach was happy with the answers she was given. It sure was funny that she stood with Mr Sharpe after the meeting and had a very pleasant discussion in the middle of the room in front of everyone. You are just what I have said all along. Nothing but instigating trouble makers.When you run out of truths you make up more trash and lies. You left as soon as the meeting was called. If you had stayed a little longer you would have seen several things being talked about. As usual though you had one thing on your agenda, getting home to your computer to start more lies and garbage. Seems funny that a lot of people are seeing you for what the two of you are and keeping a better distance from you and your "people". Sooner or later the worms wiggle through the bottom of the bucket and the garden starts to grow, the two of you keep digging in the stink and Gaston will keep improving and the two of you will be known for what you are and then forgotten.
noname

Gaston, SC

#11 Feb 3, 2010
Just The Facts Please wrote:
<quoted text>
That was supposed to be on the end of embarrassing and somehow it printed wrong. But I did think it was ironic because the behavior of the Mayor Pro Tem was indeed assinine. He was obviously mad about something and he spit and sputtered a bunch of stuff that most people didn't even understand. He started by introducing himself as Mayor Pro'Tem Charlie Sharpe but some people call me Dumb Charlie. no matter bacause I take my directions from the man upstairs. Excuse me but if you want to practice your preaching skills go to theology school and get a degree. Town Meetings are not the place to preach and referring to Mr. Delk and Mr.Pound as brother Delk and Brother Pound is wrong. Mr. Sharpe would do well to reread the manual he was quoting and pay extra attention to the parts regarding the seperation of church and state. I cannot explain how ill prepared and backwards the whole meeting was on many levels but I am told it was recorded and will hopefully be posted on line for others to view what the people of Gaston are being subjected to every month.
FYI: Councilman Sharpe did not spit and sputter and everyone heard him just fine (some just didn't like what they heard). I think that we should be proud that we have a councilman who puts God and his family first above anything else and you should be ashamed of yourself for talking like that. You need to put God in your life then maybe you would understand Councilman Sharpe perspective.
Just The Facts Please

United States

#12 Feb 3, 2010
Leadfoot wrote:
What planet were you on at the meeting ? I didn't hear anyone preaching hell and brimstone. It seemed that the the teach was happy with the answers she was given. It sure was funny that she stood with Mr Sharpe after the meeting and had a very pleasant discussion in the middle of the room in front of everyone. You are just what I have said all along. Nothing but instigating trouble makers.When you run out of truths you make up more trash and lies. You left as soon as the meeting was called. If you had stayed a little longer you would have seen several things being talked about. As usual though you had one thing on your agenda, getting home to your computer to start more lies and garbage. Seems funny that a lot of people are seeing you for what the two of you are and keeping a better distance from you and your "people". Sooner or later the worms wiggle through the bottom of the bucket and the garden starts to grow, the two of you keep digging in the stink and Gaston will keep improving and the two of you will be known for what you are and then forgotten.
I did not here Mr. Sharpe or any other council member answer much of anything. Mr. Sharpe at one point said that he wasn't required to answer until next month. Mr. Pound said he had nothing to report, Ms. Ross said the same thing she said last month, she has been to the library, and Mr. Delk told you nothing. He did ask 7 business people, 5 out of town limits and 2 in. of those 5 agreed but only 3 showed for the meeting. It would seem he could have at least given the names of those asked, those that accepted and those that actually attended. Mr. Sharpe did call SCE&G to get a light and order 2 more. I also felt embarrassed for the lady trying to speak on the cable situation. Mr. Sharpe said he can't tell them how to do business but council does have some say as to if they can do business here or not correct? The town takes its' cut of franchise fees from cable companies does it not? The lady also has a right to know that Mayor Bivens did receive a letter of intent to close from Pinetree. He just chose not to post it or annouce the fact until after the fact when he was asked at Town Council Meeting. Mr. Sharpe could have told her that but chose not to. As for your opinion that the council needs more not less religion is constitutionally wrong. I would imagine that someone with some legal knowledge could launch a successful case against the town for the religious overtones that are continually interjected into town proceedings. Gaston Town Council Meetings are not an extention of the First Baptist Church of Gaston's Mens Bible Study. The past Mayor and the 2 women had very strong family and religious ties to a local pastor and church and prayers were said before meetings then but it did not prevent them from stealing did it? I in fact remember that pastor and the youth pastor as well showing up at the council meetings to testify to the character of the accused. This Mayor and Council need to do a lot more than say a prayer before meeting once a month to effect the changes this town needs.
Stephen T Dailey

Orangeburg, SC

#13 Feb 4, 2010
<quoted text>
I did not here Mr. Sharpe or any other council member answer much of anything. Mr. Sharpe at one point said that he wasn't required to answer until next month. Mr. Pound said he had nothing to report, Ms. Ross said the same thing she said last month, she has been to the library, and Mr. Delk told you nothing. He did ask 7 business people, 5 out of town limits and 2 in. of those 5 agreed but only 3 showed for the meeting. It would seem he could have at least given the names of those asked, those that accepted and those that actually attended. Mr. Sharpe did call SCE&G to get a light and order 2 more. I also felt embarrassed for the lady trying to speak on the cable situation. Mr. Sharpe said he can't tell them how to do business but council does have some say as to if they can do business here or not correct? The town takes its' cut of franchise fees from cable companies does it not? The lady also has a right to know that Mayor Bivens did receive a letter of intent to close from Pinetree. He just chose not to post it or annouce the fact until after the fact when he was asked at Town Council Meeting. Mr. Sharpe could have told her that but chose not to. As for your opinion that the council needs more not less religion is constitutionally wrong. I would imagine that someone with some legal knowledge could launch a successful case against the town for the religious overtones that are continually interjected into town proceedings. Gaston Town Council Meetings are not an extention of the First Baptist Church of Gaston's Mens Bible Study. The past Mayor and the 2 women had very strong family and religious ties to a local pastor and church and prayers were said before meetings then but it did not prevent them from stealing did it? I in fact remember that pastor and the youth pastor as well showing up at the council meetings to testify to the character of the accused. This Mayor and Council need to do a lot more than say a prayer before meeting once a month to effect the changes this town needs.
Well said......JTFP for Council!
noname

United States

#14 Feb 4, 2010
<quoted text>
The councilmen answered the questions the best they could under the circumstances and they didn't have to answer anything at all without the mayor being present and you need to your facts straight before you put stuff out there b/c they do not get a franchise fee from the cable company and they had nothing to do with Pine Tree going out of business nor knew of it before hand. Also you really need prayer if you think like this and really need to find god in your life and get in a good bible based church. I will be praying for you.

“whats wrong Dailey MARIJUANIA”

Since: Nov 09

GOT YOUR TONGUE LMAO

#15 Feb 4, 2010
Jealousy and ignorance is what cause people like just the facts please, Stephen Dailey, and Curiosity to say the things that they do. They say things about others to try and hide their own self doubt and insecurities about themselves. I hope and pray that these 3 people find God and soon and that they ask for forgiveness because they really need God in their lives and that is a fact. I am praying for you 3 and Lacie as well because in my opinion you all need a lot of prayers to overcome the evils and hatred that you all harbor within your hearts. God bless you.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#16 Feb 4, 2010
I think that if certian people truly wanted what was best for the town of Gaston and they had God in thier hearts that they would work with the mayor and councilmen (and let them do thier jobs) instead of talking junk and "trying" to make them look bad with a bunch of made up stories and if anybody really wants to know what is going on in the town of Gaston, come to one of the monthly town meetings. Don't believe anything you hear on here, on the gic website or in The Messenger.
Curiousity

Auburn, AL

#17 Feb 4, 2010
Leadfoot wrote:
Sorry Leadfoot....you have no idea who I am. I can promise you that I am not Steve Dailey or Lacie Barbour. Don't you think that Sharpe was pretty harsh in the way that he addressed the GIC? Now I'm not a GIC supporter, don't misunderstand...but he was clearly riled (perhaps that would've been the right word) at somebody on the left side of the room. I too noticed the teacher speaking with Sharpe. She also spoke with Delk later on. Suppose she's got a plan?
Curiousity

Auburn, AL

#18 Feb 4, 2010
gic is a joke wrote:
Jealousy and ignorance is what cause people like just the facts please, Stephen Dailey, and Curiosity to say the things that they do. They say things about others to try and hide their own self doubt and insecurities about themselves. I hope and pray that these 3 people find God and soon and that they ask for forgiveness because they really need God in their lives and that is a fact. I am praying for you 3 and Lacie as well because in my opinion you all need a lot of prayers to overcome the evils and hatred that you all harbor within your hearts. God bless you.
FYI -- I know God. What were you so offended about anyhow?
Curiousity

Auburn, AL

#19 Feb 4, 2010
<quoted text>
I would have to disagree with some points here. I thought that Delk did answer some questions about the Business Association. I took some notes on his responses and would say that AT LEAST HE HAD ANSWERS this time - instead of "well, I'll have more about it next month." Overall, even with Sharpe as pro temp, I felt like we had more answers than I've heard in a while.
Curiousity

Auburn, AL

#20 Feb 4, 2010
littlebitt wrote:
I think that if certian people truly wanted what was best for the town of Gaston and they had God in thier hearts that they would work with the mayor and councilmen (and let them do thier jobs) instead of talking junk and "trying" to make them look bad with a bunch of made up stories and if anybody really wants to know what is going on in the town of Gaston, come to one of the monthly town meetings. Don't believe anything you hear on here, on the gic website or in The Messenger.
So, if that's your logic, should we believe you?? Sorry. Just had to ask. I think that some of us are on here just to read what others are saying...not because we trust or believe anyone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 30
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gaston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
mandie powell?? Mar 26 cousin2be 5
kayla stewart Mar 26 Kayla143 2
The meth usage an the selling of the very harmf... Mar 25 white boy conserned 3
News Two-Year-Old Almost Drowns in Pond (Apr '07) Feb '15 Bob J 86
News Woman pleads guilty to murders (Jul '07) Feb '15 marie1479 382
Jugar Traffic Slam 3 en línea Jan '15 Unity 3d games 1
News Lexington County towns seek road repairs and mo... (Dec '13) Nov '14 Knight 2
Gaston Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Gaston People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]