Suspect in Yamhill police case has three prior DUIIs

Sep 4, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News-Register

Randy Restorff, 24, of Yamhill. Randy Restorff, the drunk driver fired on Thursday by Yamhill police officer Travis Van Cleave as a result of a ramming incident, was ousted from a DUII diversion program in December, according to the Oregon Judicial Information Network.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12
frustrated

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2009

You can't always believe what a cop writes up in the report either. I have heard more than one person in Yamhill/Carlton state that Travis Van Cleave has misrepresented the facts in his reports. Travis Van Cleave is not respected by the community. In fact, he has had several complaints against him and it has been requested, not only by myself, but by others that I personally know, that he never step foot on their property. He gives the police department a bad name.

Since: Sep 09

Pontiac, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2009

Judged:

frustrated wrote:
You can't always believe what a cop writes up in the report either. I have heard more than one person in Yamhill/Carlton state that Travis Van Cleave has misrepresented the facts in his reports. Travis Van Cleave is not respected by the community. In fact, he has had several complaints against him and it has been requested, not only by myself, but by others that I personally know, that he never step foot on their property. He gives the police department a bad name.
I think what you are saying is we should let this little rascle go free, and buy him a sixpack too!

Pontiac, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2009

Judged:

Bush would have given the youth a full pardon

Pontiac, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2009

Judged:

What would Jesus do?

Pontiac, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2009

Judged:

He might have been a confounded Illega Mexican.
Yamhill resident

Mcminnville, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2009

I don't think 'frustrated' is saying to buy the guy a six pack. I live in Yamhill and I have heard the same as 'frustrated'. Van Cleave is not even allowed in the local bar here because he harasses the patrons. I take 'frustrated' post not anything like you. I suppose you believe that every person arrested for whatever reason is guilty as that is how your post is percieved. There is always 2 sides to every story and unfortunately, it is always the story of the 'law' that gets told. I personally know 2 Multnomah police officer's and they have both said that no matter what the situation was, Van Cleave was in the wrong.
frustrated

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2010

Um, Wormhida - can you not read? Where did i write that the little rascal should go free? I'm just saying that there are ALOT of cops out there that are in it for all the wrong reasons & in my opinion, which i am entitled to, i believe that Van Cleave is in it simply to get whoever he can. I pay my bills, pay taxes, work hard, own a home, don't drink, don't smoke & am an upstanding citizen yet I have had FIRST hand experience with harrassment from Van Cleave. I've seen him pull over an elderly couple and search their car. I'm not saying that the elderly are beyond the law, but come on. I hear the talk that goes around in Yamhill about Van Cleave. We can't ALL be wrong about him...
Landslide

Carlton, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2011

I don't know what kind of officer he is....but one thing is certain, he can't shoot.
Former Yamhill resident

Carlton, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2011

In my opinion officer Van Cleave is a thug at best. It is a terrible shame when the parents of this small community tell their kids not to talk to their police officer. He is not liked in his community but what is worse, he is feared.
When the name Travis comes up in conversation localy it is always about him and it's always in poor context. I fear he has tarnished his name and the position he holds. Mind your P's and Q's in Yamhill. He will pull you over, he will make it immediatly apparent that he is in charge, and he will write you a ticket.
Yamhill resident

Salem, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2011

Former Yamhill Resident - You hit it right on the head! You definitely know how it is. He absolutely cannot be trusted, by anybody. I have witnessed multiple times him abusing his position. EVERY ticket, EVERY 'crime' that he has been involved in should be fully investigated. My guess is that a majority of these tickets/cases would be dismissed!!
Mcminnville, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2012

Van Cleave what comes around goes around. His home in Dayton is in foreclosure :-)
Guess his math skills are good as his public relation skills. He doesn't wear a uniform for respect he wears a costume for a paycheck.
Oh such good news....
Concerned

Carlton, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Officer Van Cleave has drawn and fired his weapon yet again? I don't want this guy in my nieghborhood. He is going to start a gun fight and I fear the innocent bystanders are going to pay the price for his Machismo. It is my opinion that this officer needs to find employment elsewhere.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Gaston Discussions

Search the Gaston Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OR Who do you support for Governor in Oregon in 2010? (Oct '10) Jul 3 What is 201
Amber Mathiesen May '14 Alex 1
Woman accused of theft through an online saddle... (Sep '12) Apr '14 anonamous 16
looking in newberg Apr '14 whogirl 1
OR Who do you support for Treasurer in Oregon in 2... (Oct '10) Mar '14 whatdoudo 19
State committee OKs historic status for Scappoo... Mar '14 Marcia Barlow 1
Ethylphenidate Feb '14 Ethyl 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Gaston Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Gaston People Search