Comments
1 - 20 of 34 Comments Last updated Jan 21, 2008
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
OregonNeal

AOL

#1 Mar 12, 2007
This thread can be dedicated to all the ominous wrenched Forum creepers who make our experiences here less than positive. And: IS THERE A PSYCHIATRIST IN THE HOUSE?!…I'm not, but have noticed what must me obvious, if serous symptoms of something; and I'll bet to someone trained in mental illness - this behavior mirrors a profile that haunts cyberspace? Tell me what you think:

Among these types, I've witnessed serious paranoia; no compassion or capacity for joy; the incapability of making or maintaining friends; obsessively blaming other's for their problems; no relationships; no mates; no (acknowledged) children; nothing monetarily; a dead-end job; possibly workaholics; totally emerged within a narrow spectrum of obscure posts; no appreciation of the outdoors; a hang-up with punctuation and spelling; a passionate obsession over a lack of healthcare; over-educated; and craving to belittle others...

We have examples from a multitude of badgering posts, both depressing and repetitive. We can compare observations, search symptoms, and hopefully someone will come along and give us the answer -- for free!

Interesting observations: one subject desperately attempts to convince others it's rolling on the floor with laughter - after describing the most pathetic of assumed circumstances. Some disappear for a few days, only to return with a flurry of vengeance; posting nonstop (crack?) for hours... crack... And never progressing an idea, only a fixated denunciation of others.

Anyway, if you see this, and would like to help get to the bottom of some very dark, if dastardly individuals, fire away! I plan to, and the next several posts may be 'notes to self.' But as I'm still learning and growing with my internet experiences, some of theses characters must be classic -- And, if it's pulling me away from anything more productive, lets just call it "Housekeeping!"
OregonNeal

AOL

#2 Mar 13, 2007
Been considering a sad-sack going by, "OregonMisery." Tell me what you think? Around this forum it's shown a pattern of bullying that leads me to believe we're being harassed by someone incapable of standing up in public; so it uses a Forum to have its way. A Powertrip for a weakling? The kind of guy (though gender unconfirmed) who's more accustomed to being held out a dorm window by his ankles! Look out folks - it's payback time!…Cracking up on this end … definitely a laugh at his expense - but hey,'he's' wasting my time too, so whattheheck!

Maybe this is how one gets after a lifetime of wedgies!? Real laughing -(at you Miserable)! I can envision his soaking head gasping for air after those frat-boys pulled it from the toilet for the third time!…Guess I'd be angry forever too! Wonder if they flushed his glasses? Just picture it -- dripping wet, feeling his way towards the keyboard to post something 'nasty' about them in the university chatroom; or maybe calling in another bomb threat on the Omega House…

I don't know… but I'm open hypotheses - cause we've gotten little from this forum dwebe!
OregonNeal

AOL

#3 Mar 13, 2007
Let's Explore: What is perfectionism? http://www.coping.org/growth/perfect.htm

Examples of the negative consequences of perfectionism include: Low self-esteem. Because a perfectionist never feels good about the way responsibility has been handled in life (by himself or others) a sense of shame, self recrimination, and guilt may result.

Pessimism. Since a perfectionist is convinced that it will be extremely difficult to achieve an "ideal goal,'' he can easily become discouraged, fatalistic, disheartened, and pessimistic about future efforts to reach a goal.

Depression. Needing always to be "perfect,'' yet recognizing that it is impossible to achieve such a goal, a perfectionist runs the risk of feeling down, blue, and depressed.

Rigidity. Needing to have everything in one's life perfect or "just so'' can lead a perfectionistic to an extreme case of being inflexible, non-spontaneous, and rigid.

Obsessiveness. Being in need of an excessive amount of order, pattern, or structure in life can lead a perfectionistic person to become nit-picky, finicky, or obsessive in an effort to maintain a certain order.

Compulsive behavior. Over-indulgence or the compulsive use of alcohol, drugs, gambling, food, shopping, sex, smoking, risk-taking, or novelty, is often used to medicate a perfectionist who feels like a failure or loser for never being able to be "good enough'' in life.

Lack of motivation. Believing that the goal of "change'' will never be able to be ideally or perfectly achieved can often give a perfectionist a lack of motivation to attempt change in the first place, or to persevere if change has already begun.

Immobilization. Because a perfectionist is often burdened with an extreme fear of failure, the person can become immobilized. With no energy, effort or creative juices applied to rectify, improve, or change the problem behavior in the person's life, he becomes stagnant.

Lack of belief in self. Knowing that one will never be able to achieve an idyllic goal can lead a perfectionist to lose the belief that he will ever be able to improve his life significantly.
OregonNeal

AOL

#4 Mar 14, 2007
Profile of the Sociopath http://www.hss.caltech.edu/~mcafee/Bin/sb.htm... This website summarizes some of the common features of descriptions of the behavior of sociopaths.

Part One.

Got another lead, let's see how the following plays out with regard to our Manipulative Misserable?

Glibness and Superficial Charm (yes). Manipulative and Conning (yes).
He'll never recognize the rights of others, and sees his self-serving behavior as permissible (yes). He'll appear to be charming, yet is covertly hostile and domineering, seeing his victim as merely an instrument to be used (yes). He may dominate and humiliate his victims (yes).

He has a Grandiose Sense of Self, feels entitled to certain things as "his right" (yes). Pathological Lying (yes).
Has no problem lying coolly and easily and it is almost impossible for him to be truthful on a consistent basis (yes). Can create, and get caught up in, a complex belief about his own powers and abilities (yes). Extremely convincing and even able to pass lie detector tests (lets hook him up!).

Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt (yes). A deep seated rage, which is split off and repressed, is at his core (reads like it). Does not see others around him as people, but only as targets and opportunities (YES). Instead of friends, he has victims and accomplices who end up as victims (who you callin a victom?-- yes). The end always justifies the means and he lets nothing stand in his way (I believe it!).

Shallow Emotions (very). When he shows what seems to be warmth, joy, love and compassion it is more feigned than experienced and serves an ulterior motive (yes). Outraged by insignificant matters, yet remaining unmoved and cold by what would upset a normal person (Y-E-S!). Since he's not genuine, neither are his promises (I'll be on the lookout!).
OregonNeal

AOL

#5 Mar 14, 2007
Part Two.

Incapacity for Love (definitely). Need for Stimulation (I'll take your word for that...).
He lives on the edge (it sure sounds like it). Verbal outbursts and physical punishments are normal (sounds familiar -- spank me?). Promiscuity and gambling are common (OK).

A callousness/Lack of Empathy (no doubt!) He's unable to empathize with the pain of his victims, having only contempt for others' feelings of distress and readily taking advantage of them (yup). Poor Behavioral Controls/Impulsive Nature (not sure?) Rage and abuse, alternating with small expressions of love and approval produce an addictive cycle for abuser and abused, as well as creating hopelessness in his victim (yikes!). Believes he's all-powerful, all-knowing, entitled to every wish, no sense of personal boundaries, no concern for their impact on others (BINGO!).

Early Behavior Problems/Juvenile Delinquency (Likely). Usually has a history of behavioral and academic difficulties, yet "gets by" by conning others (no doubt!). Problems in making and keeping friends; aberrant behaviors such as cruelty to people or animals, stealing, etc.(I'd once envisioned him plucking the limbs from a from - really - creep!)

Irresponsibility/Unreliability (OK). He's not concerned about wrecking others' lives and dreams (in fact he works very hard at it). Oblivious or indifferent to the devastation he causes (quite). Does not accept blame himself, but blames others, even for acts he obviously committed (to be honest - I'd hate to get close enough to find our!).

Promiscuous Sexual Behavior/Infidelity (here's your chance girls...) Promiscuity, child sexual abuse, rape and sexual acting out of all sorts (wow... he's likely sicker than I thought).

Lack of Realistic Life Plan/Parasitic Lifestyle (Wha'd I say, living in an angry friends basement!)
He tends to move around a lot or makes all encompassing promises for the future, poor work ethic but exploits others effectively ("Oregon workers will never work hard enough"... sounds familiar!)
OregonNeal

AOL

#6 Mar 14, 2007
My thanks for this Sociopathic lead; I think we're zeroing in on some troubling behavior around here. Keep in mind, I'm only calling it as I see it -- but the dude in question's likely got an overlay of several disorders. He's a piece of work all right.

And if everything above wasn't enough ... here's more on the Profile of our Sociopath. Again, from http://www.hss.caltech.edu/~mcafee/Bin/sb.htm...

Criminal or Entrepreneurial Versatility
Changes their image as needed to avoid prosecution. Changes life story readily. Other Related Qualities:
Contemptuous of those who seek to understand them.
Does not perceive that anything is wrong with them.
Authoritarian.
Secretive.
Paranoid.
Only rarely in difficulty with the law, but seeks out situations where their tyrannical behavior will be tolerated, condoned, or admired.
Conventional appearance.
Goal of enslavement of their victim(s).
Exercises despotic control over every aspect of the victim's life.
Has an emotional need to justify their crimes and therefore needs their victim's affirmation (respect, gratitude and love).
Ultimate goal is the creation of a willing victim.
Incapable of real human attachment to another.
Unable to feel remorse or guilt.
Extreme narcissism and grandiose.
May state readily that their goal is to rule the world.
OregonNeal

AOL

#7 Mar 15, 2007
OregonNeal wrote:
Part Two. Problems in making and keeping friends; aberrant behaviors such as cruelty to people or animals, stealing, etc.(I'd once envisioned him plucking the limbs from a from - really - creep!)
Let's fix that: I'd once envisioned him plucking the limbs from a frog - really - creep! Double Creep!!
OregonNeal

AOL

#8 Mar 16, 2007
Let's try this again...

Here's a little more; I find this both fascinating and troubling.

http://www.9types.com/wwwboard/messages/18332...

"A closer fit...draw your own conclusions folks:
Antisocial Personality Disorder is also known as psychopathy or
sociopathy. Individuals with this disorder have little regard for the
feeling and welfare of others. As a clinical diagnosis it is usually
limited to those over age 18. It can be diagnosed in younger people
if the they commit isolated antisocial acts and do not show signs of
another mental disorder. Antisocial Personality Disorder is chronic, beginning in adolescence and continuing throughout adulthood. There are ten general symptoms:" [with 'Neal in the box'].

not learning from experience [definitely -- this dude could have his nose rubbed in it all day, maybe even force-fed -and still not get it!].
no sense of responsibility [definitely not,'he's' all over the place; either denouncing an idea, an inanimate object, or an individual - it doesn't appear to matter, as long as there's a potential Victim].
inability to form meaningful relationships [that's obvious; anyone daring to get close is quickly viewed as simply another Target!].
inability to control impulses [Look at the rapid-fire yet hollow and repetitive responses, as if acting on impulse as opposed to logic].
lack of moral sense [An equal opportunity aggressor -- he'll disguise, or hide behind what 'sounds' to be moral, only to dismiss it as irrelevant when pinned down].
chronically antisocial behavior [hasn't made any friends around here has he … he's either incapable or has no desire?].
no change in behavior after punishment [that's quite obvious, and on a par with the first mentioned symptom, "not learning from experience." -- I think he strives so hard to punish others he don't care how the process chews him up?]
emotional immaturity [I've noted that many times, like a child in a "huntna - ahuna - huntna - ahuna" session... And in the way serious rebuttals are totally (if publicly) ignored; like "I don't have to listen to you."].
lack of guilt [of course - how else do you continue to be wrong?].
self-centeredness [definitely; I feel it's not as much anything 'I say,' but simply that someone's stolen the spotlight from 'him.' A small person indeed...]

And let's not forget a "Superficial wit and charm"-- superficial being the key word... I found that elsewhere, and thought it summed up several of his more 'in-depth' posts. But all in all, like Spam, we may simply have to filter it out. But as long as there's an audience, and a target-rich environment - like the Internet - just like viruses and bacteria - we're gonna have to live with em!

Since: Mar 07

Gales Creek

#9 Mar 20, 2007
LOL That was beautifull OregonNeal!!! This has been one of the best forum sites I've seen yet. Good arguments on real issues, articulated and thought out. That Misery guy is a blemish on these pages. I look forward to ever seeing him post a thought out comment, rather than merely obstructing intelligent debates. Probably have to wait a long time for that one.

Gales Creek

#10 Mar 20, 2007
How come it is so hard to post on here....My previous post was longer, but in a nutshell, well put OregonNeil. And of course, to hell with Misery. What a putz.
Neal

AOL

#11 Mar 20, 2007
Gales Keith, thanks!(you're making my day around here); here's some suggestions I posted about this primitive system, they might help you:

It seems best to compose your work elsewhere -- and to some - grammar and spelling count. A fun way to quote: click ‘reply,’ copy and paste the entire content into your word processor; you may (though I don't know if it's "ethical"?) remove anything between the [Quote] boxes -- just delete the bulk, and if you mess up the those boxes, it won't let the post through – just rework it.

When you return to reply (copy & paste your text), let if FULLY load to the Numbers,'enter the numbers 1st,' then paste in your text (including the Quotes). If you don't let it fully load (on dialup it's slow) it will bunch your paragraphs together... And it's not very good with "these"-- it will bunch them next to each other for some reason? And there's not "preview" like most forums... thus my linty of irritating glitches - and, there's not an "edit post" once you've submitted.

Most have been pretty cool as far as figuring out our garbled thoughts; others are anal... Funny you've found this -- it may be where I came on board ... looks like over a year ago, and god - I hope that Darwinian Fascist "Shane's" gone for good?!

Oh yes ... more on posting... if your post is too long (a constant problem for me...), just break them in two, or three. And often, after you post an answer, it won’t appear to you after you post a second..?-- Just trust that the stupid system's working and assume your first posts are there; eventually they show up – to you. You'll notice new comers wondering where there post went -- so we get to see it twice (and with some, thrice).

Gales Creek

#12 Mar 20, 2007
Thanks for the advice. I'm really enjoying this forum. Can't believe I've never seen it before. You can count on my partipation here.
Neal

AOL

#13 Mar 22, 2007
Hey Keith, this is 'cute':
OregonMisery wrote:
Thank you for making it clear to the world that I am correct in my assessment.
And Thank You for consistently validating mine Miserable!

Gales Creek

#14 Mar 22, 2007
LOL...I love how he plays intellectualy superior without ever saying anything intelligent. I thought I read somewhere on here that he said he used to be a journalist in Portland. Hmm....I wonder why he "used to..." Can you imagine all the letters to the editor? LOL

Gales Creek

#15 Mar 22, 2007
Hey Neal, check out this forum. Sounds like they are fed up too on the east coast.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/aiken-sc/TICI...
Neal

AOL

#16 Mar 22, 2007
Keith- Gales Creek OR wrote:
LOL...I love how he plays intellectualy superior without ever saying anything intelligent.
Well put!
I thought I read somewhere on here that he said he used to be a journalist in Portland. Hmm....I wonder why he "used to..." Can you imagine all the letters to the editor? LOL
...Don't you mean ROTFLMAO!? Sanity! Finally! Thank you!

You know, his have been darn difficult reads... you think he's headed somewhere meaningful or worthwhile (as we've both noted he can), only to end up returning his head to his ass... And so much of his stuff is simply repetitive - like he's trying to convince himself more than 'us?' I missed the part about being a 'reporter,' that makes some sense; he writes well, and is obviously an absolute stickler for errors. A wannabe Editor?

Actually, I actually remember making a conscience decision around 5th grade to stop tearing others down; as I'd already discovered, people don't need tearing down, that happens daily, they need bolstering. But when communicating (basically) anonymously online there seems an inordinate number of his kind using it as a sociopath’s playground -- thus needing an occasional bloody nose!

Thinking about it, I find validly in this 'guy's' Sociopathic profile; every so often you'd run into some kid who just begged to be beat up, quite sad as I think back on it. They didn't care by whom, just so it hurt! I was more reluctant than most to start pounding, but noticing this, those little Sociopaths would come after me … until …‘funny,’ I never lost a fight!

No Quarters!
Neal

AOL

#17 Mar 22, 2007
Hey Neal, check out this forum. Sounds like they are fed up too on the east coast.
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/aiken-sc/TICI...
Not another one! It looks like fun, if I steal away the time I'll try to keep up with it... thanks?
Neal

AOL

#18 May 18, 2007
"He's Back!" So let me update the cumulative advice:

Part One.
trike wrote:
if you don't like our state move to Georgia or kill yourselves but get out of our hair.
TTRR wrote:
Oregonmisery why are you here?
jvillepete wrote:
you guys are jealous of neal. his views are correct. you are the people are the ones that are mean and unfriendly.. move move move. misery..
TTRR wrote:
Why do you live in oregon?
CourtJester wrote:
OM...come on, man. If you walk into a bar you've never been to and everyone is pissed off at you, it's probably not THEM that's the problem. There IS a name for people who just sit and bitch about their situation to get attention...I think it's called "Malaise." The only thing stopping you from leaving is you.
TTRR wrote:
oregonmisery for the last time, why do you live in OREGON?
Rockytopzz wrote:
I am not being rude to you or anything but why are you still in Oregon?
Neal wrote:
Miserable - you're still here?! What-the-hell are you hanging around for? I'd bet if you took up a collection, we'd have you home (wherever that is?) in no time!
Carlos wrote:
Why dont you answer this question that I have asked you 10 times already? why are you still in Oregon? I know why, because you know you will be miserable no matter where you go. ok mr misery I understand your miserable and you hate Oregon.
Sue wrote:
MOVE ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!
Carlos wrote:
why are you still in Oregon?
because you want to be in Oregon. you will be miserable no matter where you go becuase thats who you are. A depressed lonely individual that does nothing but bash Oregon The most beautiful state in the nation.You feel bad about yourself so you come here just try to bully people on the damn internet.
trike wrote:
well go away then.
lovemcountry wrote:
Do you own a home OM?... I think i know your problem, you are not happy with anything and there is no place for you to call Home.
Neal

AOL

#21 May 22, 2007
...come on Topix -- I posted these... where'd they go..?

Part Two.
OCC wrote:
Seems like you've made an excellent case for leaving. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Neal wrote:
-- what's wrong Miserable - is the airport closed, are I-5 and I-84 being tolled, are the bridges out, are the passes impassable, is the tide out..? You're as unwelcome as you are appreciative of your surroundings; and since you apparently don't need to do any further homework as to where "it's better" -- tell me, tell everyone - just one more time - WHAT'S STOPPING YOU? And please, forget to write ~
Big-Dawg wrote:
too Oregonqueery oh excuse me that is Misery ...it seems that you are the one whom is angry about living in Oregon, so do everyone else a favor and get the hell out will you.
Black In Oregon wrote:
To OregonMisery:
I will say that you may want to consider just up and leaving.
Big-Dawg wrote:
Oregonmisery you are queery, get out of Oregon if you don not like it here, quit slamming those of us who are just fine with what is happening in our state
ggg wrote:
blah, blah, blah. bye, bye now.
dilligas wrote:
...oregonmisery wants no immigration into any of the 48 Continental States, especially in Oregon, He calls names and slanders this Great State from which I live and I can call it my State as I have lived here 6 decades, he is the one whom is unhappy then why does he not leave, I am just giving him a hint of what others would like to say to him...
Nick wrote:
OregonMisery, if you hate this state so much and have nothing but disdain for the people who live here, why have you not moved on to greener pastures? I know that if I personally hated everything about the place I was living, as you profess to do, I would surely move away and find a nicer place to live. In fact, that's what I did a long time ago ... But if I were a betting man, I would suspect that your problems with Oregon have more to do with you and your abrasive personality than anything else. Your psych profile would probably look alot like a typical sociopath...loner, disdain for society in general, irrational fears, no friends, no spouse or mate, jealousy of other people's success and happiness, yet no ambition to create your own success or happiness...in the end, your unhappiness with this great state is your own fault. It's time for you to MOVE ON.
Neal

AOL

#24 Jun 12, 2007
Topix --- what gives? I'd posted this, then it disappeared?... so I'll post it again, and more!

Part Three.
ggg wrote:
nicely put neil. you shouldn't give misery the time of day. he enjoy's talking out his backside, which is obvious. he's probably sitting in his mommy's basement, next to his bed, reading and responding to this forum....wishing he had a date.....of any kind.
That Misery guy is a blemish on these pages. I look forward to ever seeing him post a thought out comment, rather than merely obstructing intelligent debates. Probably have to wait a long time for that one.
Diencephalitis wrote:
Oregon Misery..........since you imply disliking oregon so much why don't you get the hell out of here. ZUT! TU EST BETE.
Dude...you take the cake. I have been reading on these forums all morning, and everytime I see your name posted it is followed by ignorant rhetoric. If you are truly so miserable, there is, as my grandfather was keen to say, a 2 cent solution for your problems.
Mark wrote:
Dear Organ, Hello to your world, truly you exclude yourself from any kind of intelligent debate when you draw such rediculous conclusions from reasonable statements.
Joe Shmoozie wrote:
OregonMisery, you make me sick.
Dontliste totheBS wrote:
That was probably the most fascist aryian sickest post i have seen on here. Please do not travel out of portland. You grossley misrepresent the city of portland and the entire state. Fearmonger.
Native Oregonian wrote:
OregonMisery, please move somewhere else. If you think Oregon is so bad (unless, of course, you are in the penitentary, which would explain all your anger) why do you stay?
luvinOregon wrote:
You are a fool Misery. Oregon is a beautiful and wonderful place. If you hate it so much the get the hell out of my state. I don't need some fool like you bad mouthing THE greatest state on god's green earth. It sounds to me like you are just unhappy with yourself but use this great state for an excuse.
Nancy Botwin wrote:
My goodness Misery, you don't get out very much do you? If you don't like Oregon, why are you here? As far as Oregonians not being nice....I'd say you get back what you put out.... Perhaps if you would change your attitude you could appreciate the truely beautiful place you live!
Nancy Botwin wrote:
~YOU REALLY ARE MISERABLE, AREN'T YOU? Why do you live in Oregon if you hate it so much? No need to answer. You're a real downer. Like I said....you get back what you put out. No wonder you're so miserable.
besdeal wrote:
mentally ill is a disease, get a professional help!
fillmore68 wrote:
You should all appreciate what you have. Trade me places
Oregonmisery you miserable bastard.
lovemcountry wrote:
I really feel sorry for Oregon and Oregonians for having you as a resident! It's not my fault if you are not happy mr. misery. You better look for a Pro to help you than keeping yourself bitter and angry.
aholemisery wrote:
GO AWAY!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gaston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OR Who do you support for Governor in Oregon in 2010? (Oct '10) Aug 23 We Hate Coos Bay ... 204
Transgender student to appeal housing ruling Jul '14 TerryE 1
Amber Mathiesen May '14 Alex 1
Woman accused of theft through an online saddle... (Sep '12) Apr '14 anonamous 16
looking in newberg Apr '14 whogirl 1
OR Who do you support for Treasurer in Oregon in 2... (Oct '10) Mar '14 whatdoudo 19
Gaston stabbing suspect still on the loose (Jan '13) Jan '13 A Friend of murdered 2
•••
•••
Gaston Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Gaston Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Gaston People Search