medina hospital
Iwork2

Buffalo, NY

#42 Feb 6, 2014
I Care wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with Who Cares. The first thing that Medina does is ship you off to Childrens or ECMC. If the Doc's and Nurses could make more at a better facility in the city why aren't they doing so? Its because they are not qualified. To many missed diagnoses in Medina, take the extra few minutes and get some quality care.
Well,,,Medina Hospital is not a pediatric or trauma hospital therefore the appropriate step would be to stabilize the pt to the best of there ability with their resources while at the same time facilitating a transfer to a more suited hospital such as Women's and Children's or ECMC. That is what any small community hospital would do. I don't understand where anyone would see a problem with that or use it as ammunition to slam a facility. That does not make sense. It's the responsible thing to do.
Who Cares

Penn Yan, NY

#43 Feb 6, 2014
Iwork2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well,,,Medina Hospital is not a pediatric or trauma hospital therefore the appropriate step would be to stabilize the pt to the best of there ability with their resources while at the same time facilitating a transfer to a more suited hospital such as Women's and Children's or ECMC. That is what any small community hospital would do. I don't understand where anyone would see a problem with that or use it as ammunition to slam a facility. That does not make sense. It's the responsible thing to do.
Like I said it is a Band-Aid station that will give you an aspirin and send you to a real hospital. not using it to slam anything. Just stating the facts. The place does not have the expertise to handle most serious medical issues.
Computer Nerd

Batavia, NY

#44 Feb 6, 2014
What is sad here is that they are farming in Doctors now from all over the United States, they had a Doctor who invested himself in the facility, served on the Board of Directors, is owed several hundreds of thousands of dollars and was kicked to the curb with not even a THANK YOU!!!
Firstresponder

Buffalo, NY

#45 Feb 7, 2014
Who Cares wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said it is a Band-Aid station that will give you an aspirin and send you to a real hospital. not using it to slam anything. Just stating the facts. The place does not have the expertise to handle most serious medical issues.
The emergency room staff is very competent. I question the knowledge in your assessment of the facility. Your are undoubtedly not in the medical field. What on earth do you know about the expertise of the professionals? I'm assuming nothing since throughout the discussion you just say the same thing over and over again. Your term "band aid station" is not clever so you should pt it to sleep because quite honestly that's all you're saying. You probably had and issue in the emergency department that didn't sit well. I'll tell you that everyone has. And every hospital has. The emergency room is not a picnic. People wait, everyone thinks their problem is the biggest. The professionals in the er have the daunting responsibility of assessing and prioritizing health issues according to severity and treating accordingly. So the child with the 103 temp may sit while the cardiac issue in the next room is stabilized. Yes mom may think her baby is the sickest in the world and it sucks watching her scream and cry but at the end of the day the staff knows which takes precedents. It's a professional calculated decision that you clearly would know nothing about. As a worker in the medical field I would feel quite comfortable bringing a loved one to Medina er and would be devastated if we lost this valuable hospital. The entire community would.
Haha

Buffalo, NY

#46 Feb 7, 2014
Who Cares wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said it is a Band-Aid station that will give you an aspirin and send you to a real hospital. not using it to slam anything. Just stating the facts. The place does not have the expertise to handle most serious medical issues.
No shit genius. Who said they did. It's the size of a church in one of the poorest towns in the country. City hospitals are the size of this town. I'd say at least 80% of the pts are on Medicaid. So obviously it isn't a state of the art hospital. That would never happen in medina ny. But it sure is valuable to the people around here. I will also pray for your kind. The judging kind. These are the people that God will test.
Agreeable

Buffalo, NY

#47 Feb 23, 2014
Haha wrote:
<quoted text>
No shit genius. Who said they did. It's the size of a church in one of the poorest towns in the country. City hospitals are the size of this town. I'd say at least 80% of the pts are on Medicaid. So obviously it isn't a state of the art hospital. That would never happen in medina ny. But it sure is valuable to the people around here. I will also pray for your kind. The judging kind. These are the people that God will test.
Amen!!
Who Cares

Albion, NY

#48 Feb 23, 2014
Haha wrote:
<quoted text>
No shit genius. Who said they did. It's the size of a church in one of the poorest towns in the country. City hospitals are the size of this town. I'd say at least 80% of the pts are on Medicaid. So obviously it isn't a state of the art hospital. That would never happen in medina ny. But it sure is valuable to the people around here. I will also pray for your kind. The judging kind. These are the people that God will test.
Like I said if you want some quality clothes you don't go to Wal Mart you drive to the city to a nice clothing store. If you need quality health care you don't go to MMH you drive to the city to a quality facility.

Your comments about the poor and Medicaid just shows your true thoughts about your patients. You could care less about them you are just interested in keeping your job.
Agreeable

Buffalo, NY

#49 Feb 23, 2014
Who Cares wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said if you want some quality clothes you don't go to Wal Mart you drive to the city to a nice clothing store. If you need quality health care you don't go to MMH you drive to the city to a quality facility.
Your comments about the poor and Medicaid just shows your true thoughts about your patients. You could care less about them you are just interested in keeping your job.
Far from the truth my friend. I am a qualified professional that can have a job anywhere I wish. I could do much better financially elsewhere but chose to work with the fine staff and patients at orleans community healthcare system. So when you say my interest is keeping my job, you look foolish speaking of my personal life which you know nothing about. As for my opinion? It is that the hospital is a crucial part of the community. You obviously don't know any of the people whose lives have been saved or changed for the better there, and that's good for you,but I'm here to tell you first hand that it happens every day. Im puzzled as to what type of person would want to take that away from others but am sure this is not someone I care to know. Furthermore, It is not my "true thoughts" that the average family is at or below the poverty level or that a majority of the patients are involved with the Medicaid system. It is not a judgement or opinion of mine. It's just facts. Therefore, yet another foolish statement on your part. You often refer to "quality". Whether it's healthcare or clothing or whatever. It's funny that you tie quality to city. Never really heard that correlation before, interesting. You must not be from the city if that's the case because a "quality" human being is one that cares about their community, treats others as they would expect to be treated, and demonstrates respect for the people and places of their surroundings.
Eyes watching

Batavia, NY

#50 Feb 24, 2014
Agreeable wrote:
<quoted text>
Far from the truth my friend. I am a qualified professional that can have a job anywhere I wish. I could do much better financially elsewhere but chose to work with the fine staff and patients at orleans community healthcare system. So when you say my interest is keeping my job, you look foolish speaking of my personal life which you know nothing about. As for my opinion? It is that the hospital is a crucial part of the community. You obviously don't know any of the people whose lives have been saved or changed for the better there, and that's good for you,but I'm here to tell you first hand that it happens every day. Im puzzled as to what type of person would want to take that away from others but am sure this is not someone I care to know. Furthermore, It is not my "true thoughts" that the average family is at or below the poverty level or that a majority of the patients are involved with the Medicaid system. It is not a judgement or opinion of mine. It's just facts. Therefore, yet another foolish statement on your part. You often refer to "quality". Whether it's healthcare or clothing or whatever. It's funny that you tie quality to city. Never really heard that correlation before, interesting. You must not be from the city if that's the case because a "quality" human being is one that cares about their community, treats others as they would expect to be treated, and demonstrates respect for the people and places of their surroundings.
The quality of care and service has been better, the problem is the ones who can't find work end up here because the good ones have all left or are looking to leave.
mommy

Penn Yan, NY

#51 Feb 26, 2014
what kind of community hospital doesnt offer maternity services ? maybe because there is more money in emergency services and drug addict programs. i refuse to go there also, very nasty arrogant workers.
Former MMH Patient

Penn Yan, NY

#52 Feb 27, 2014
Another good reason to use United Memorial in Batavia instead of MMH. By the way you can still receive maternity care in Batavia also as well as feel assured that they are affiliated with a top hospital.

http://thedailynewsonline.com/news/article_d5...
Agreeable

Buffalo, NY

#53 Mar 17, 2014
Ok, ever heard of supply and demand? Say I stock pig feet sandwiches in my convenient store. For many years I sell them like crazy. But over the years the sales of the pig feet sandwiches dwindles. It's now to the point that it's costing me to make and stock the sandwiches, maybe 1 or 2 people still come everyday for them and the rest are wasted. I have to make the decision to stop selling them even though it will really suck for those two people and I've really come to like them. Same with OB. The demand for those services has dwindled so the hospital can not pay OB nurses and doctors and services specialized OB equipment for days on end to have a baby every couple days or once a week. Its a business decision and it has to be. Anyone with common sense would no that its not a bunch of people sitting at a table saying, "hey let's quit having babies here", and that's it. Come on. There are more women having babies at home and using midwives and birthing centers. The demand doesn't come close to covering the cost to supply. Simple. It's a hard concept for people to get that even though we're dealing with people's health and lives, at the end of the day,, a hospital is still a business. And business decisions have to be made. And sometimes they suck but nothing in life is free, including health care.
Really

Rochester, NY

#54 Mar 17, 2014
This is one of the most intelligent posts I've ever read on this forum and I agree with you 100%. Unfortunately though, I have learned that you can't educate these people that spew their angry venom on every subject under the sun. They don't want to hear it. I never realized there were so many miserable people in this world. I sit here with my glass half full and shake my head.
Agreeable wrote:
Ok, ever heard of supply and demand? Say I stock pig feet sandwiches in my convenient store. For many years I sell them like crazy. But over the years the sales of the pig feet sandwiches dwindles. It's now to the point that it's costing me to make and stock the sandwiches, maybe 1 or 2 people still come everyday for them and the rest are wasted. I have to make the decision to stop selling them even though it will really suck for those two people and I've really come to like them. Same with OB. The demand for those services has dwindled so the hospital can not pay OB nurses and doctors and services specialized OB equipment for days on end to have a baby every couple days or once a week. Its a business decision and it has to be. Anyone with common sense would no that its not a bunch of people sitting at a table saying, "hey let's quit having babies here", and that's it. Come on. There are more women having babies at home and using midwives and birthing centers. The demand doesn't come close to covering the cost to supply. Simple. It's a hard concept for people to get that even though we're dealing with people's health and lives, at the end of the day,, a hospital is still a business. And business decisions have to be made. And sometimes they suck but nothing in life is free, including health care.
Former MMH Patient

Penn Yan, NY

#55 Mar 18, 2014
Why can't you people understand that some of us do not like the service that MMH provides? You are correct it is a business and I am a customer. If I don't like the service that business provides I am free to look for a business that does a better job. Stop making excuses as to why MMH can't compete.
Iwork

Buffalo, NY

#56 Mar 18, 2014
Former MMH Patient wrote:
Why can't you people understand that some of us do not like the service that MMH provides? You are correct it is a business and I am a customer. If I don't like the service that business provides I am free to look for a business that does a better job. Stop making excuses as to why MMH can't compete.
Hahaha. "Affiliated" means nothing sweety. It's a marketing term. Worked didn't it?:0
Hmm

Buffalo, NY

#57 Mar 26, 2014
Looks like things are on the mend there. Other small hospitals are closing down all around. And bigger corporations noticing the restructuring from top and seems like following suit.
Good lookin

Buffalo, NY

#58 Jun 16, 2014
Things are looking good for medina hospital. The new CEO knows what she's doing. Restructuring administration, focusing on community, and affiliating with Catholic Health. It's about time. The mood is very exciting around the hospital. Good job!
Former MMH Patient

Penn Yan, NY

#59 Jun 16, 2014
Good lookin wrote:
Things are looking good for medina hospital. The new CEO knows what she's doing. Restructuring administration, focusing on community, and affiliating with Catholic Health. It's about time. The mood is very exciting around the hospital. Good job!
Ha Ha, what a joke
MMHer

Buffalo, NY

#60 Jun 16, 2014
Former MMH Patient wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha Ha, what a joke
It's negative people like this that make that make it progress difficult. Obviously you are an angry person. Probably don't have very many friends. Rarely have a good time or reason to smile. I'm sorry you can't find the good in the world. I hope someday things turn around for you so you don't die a lonely bitter soul. God love you no matter what a huge b?!ch you are. Peace be with you:)
Former MMH Patient

Penn Yan, NY

#61 Jun 17, 2014
MMHer wrote:
<quoted text>
It's negative people like this that make that make it progress difficult. Obviously you are an angry person. Probably don't have very many friends. Rarely have a good time or reason to smile. I'm sorry you can't find the good in the world. I hope someday things turn around for you so you don't die a lonely bitter soul. God love you no matter what a huge b?!ch you are. Peace be with you:)
Sorry to say that I have many friends and truly enjoy life. The life that I almost loss due to the incompetence of MMH. Peace be with you also.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gasport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Cobblestone Inn Medina NY Aug 13 J hayes 9
Lockport, NY. A good place to live? (Sep '07) Aug 8 Frank L 16
shannondoah farms (Aug '10) Jul '17 Tragic Indeed 122
News Young mother, seeking a new life, wants happy h... (Dec '11) Jun '17 Ghhhh 94
News Picket planned by union workers from 11 Absolut... (May '14) May '14 FTG 18
News School district's exercise program featured in ... (Oct '09) Sep '13 Who me 9
Were you notified to vote on the NEW TAX for Mi... (Sep '11) Sep '11 Disenfranchised V... 1

Gasport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gasport Mortgages