Pervs by the schools

Pervs by the schools

There are 5 comments on the New York Daily News story from Apr 30, 2006, titled Pervs by the schools. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

City pols find keeping released sex fiends out of kids' zones is not easy Nothing at all prevents most registered sex offenders from living near city schools - and concerned parents are pushing lawmakers to ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

Moving away

Bemidji, MN

#1 May 12, 2006
I was disgusted to be notified by my daycare provider that a level 3 sex offender was living only streets away. Advised to search the offender registry, I found not only this level 3 offender but 29 others lived in the same area. All surrounded school systems and local daycare facilities. Again- this listing only pertained to level 3- should I not be worried about how many more vile scumbags live near me and my family. I think not. We are selling our home and moving into the country- where I can own acres and fence off my property. I can't force my children to live a sheltered life and I realize that this could happen anywhere. But i refuse to subject my children to this and other dealings in the city- where it's not ok, but no one is willing to do anything about it so...it is the way it is.
tmj3

Dover Plains, NY

#2 May 12, 2006
Moving away you are sadly mistaken that you think that moving away will help protect your kids. These creeps are everywhere. Remember that really nice town where the girl was snatched right off the street. That place was apple pie America and yet that happened there. Country side is crawling with these guys. You are really fooling yourself into a false sense of security. I lived in Florida and was constantly seeing amber alerts for Georgia and Florida. More than in the city. Its better to be alert than afraid. Evil is everywhere my sister lives in the country and she worries about that as well. out there you are isolated.
udumb15

Shelby, NC

#3 Jul 31, 2010
tyronda graham Crystal SPRINGS Job corps ..deputy director

“Dum Di Dum”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#4 Aug 1, 2010
Another code...Guess, I would not be a good spy...

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#5 Aug 2, 2010
Moving away wrote:
I was disgusted to be notified by my daycare provider that a level 3 sex offender was living only streets away. Advised to search the offender registry, I found not only this level 3 offender but 29 others lived in the same area. All surrounded school systems and local daycare facilities. Again- this listing only pertained to level 3- should I not be worried about how many more vile scumbags live near me and my family. I think not. We are selling our home and moving into the country- where I can own acres and fence off my property. I can't force my children to live a sheltered life and I realize that this could happen anywhere. But i refuse to subject my children to this and other dealings in the city- where it's not ok, but no one is willing to do anything about it so...it is the way it is.
The scary thing is that there are many many more out there, everywhere, all over. They are sick sub-humans, but ya cant do anything about it or it becomes a "hate crime" issue. Sad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gasport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Latest News: Flood recovery for Lake Ontario, M... May 15 lookin 4 JustUs 1
Not again Joel May 6 Albiononlooker 4
News Potsdam woman charged with heroin possession (Jul '16) Apr '17 Itsasmallworld 4
Emily Rupert Apr '17 Lkpt is gross 1
Tony Ray Townsend died (Nov '10) Apr '17 Southernman 9
Pirate (Jun '09) Apr '17 Trevor 2
Anybody know Erica Allan's Ex-Husband? (Sep '16) Mar '17 findthemhere 3

Gasport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gasport Mortgages