300 Marijuana Plants Seized In Orleans County Home

There are 18 comments on the 13WHAM story from Feb 15, 2013, titled 300 Marijuana Plants Seized In Orleans County Home. In it, 13WHAM reports that:

Three people were arrested in Orleans County accused of being involved in an indoor marijuana-growing operation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 13WHAM.

disappointed

Elba, NY

#1 Feb 18, 2013
i am so glad they keep getting these low life off the streets. the kids should be taken away from them
PickYourPoison

Batavia, NY

#2 Feb 20, 2013
It was just marijuana, big deal. Unfortunately for them it's still a schedule I drug. If you've never smoked, it's no heroine or meth, you all seem to act like it is. Give this state 4 more years and medical will be approved.
ol time citizen

Albion, NY

#3 Feb 22, 2013
Yes I would agree with you Poisen. With Governor Cuomo in office now, he'll do all he can to Trash New York all he can right on his way to the Presidential office. Don't worry though, when HE legalizes DOOBIE, the State of New York will be right there to collect all the fees and Taxes associated with it. The State of New York is ALL ABOUT TAXES, they could care less whether the kids in school are smoking DOOBIE. They are as dumb as they can be now.... look at it this way... Lonsberry of WHAM stated today on the radio that 600 kids in the Rochester School District have parents that are teenagers. Theyare passing out Condoms to the kids free of charge, might as well give them a pack of DOOBIE too. The Chinese love all the Legalization of WEED Make American Kids ever dumber than they currently are. After all....ITS JUST MARAJUANA.... lets wait until people smoke it behind the wheel and kill people. We'll still call it DWI DUMB WITHOUT INTELLIGENCE.
Justin

Batavia, NY

#4 Feb 22, 2013
This was one of the dumbest comments I've ever read!! doobie Lmao you goody good people who live by the rules are pathetic! You allow wealthy assholes to tell u what is legal and whats not! In the end the only reason they do anything is to make their wallets thicker! Rejects like you buy into it! I would rather sit in my house, get high and not worry about what everyone else is doing! God, you people are pathetic!
grow up

Enfield, CT

#5 Feb 23, 2013
Justin wrote:
This was one of the dumbest comments I've ever read!! doobie Lmao you goody good people who live by the rules are pathetic! You allow wealthy assholes to tell u what is legal and whats not! In the end the only reason they do anything is to make their wallets thicker! Rejects like you buy into it! I would rather sit in my house, get high and not worry about what everyone else is doing! God, you people are pathetic!
Take it easy on old Stick. He's just a bitter old man, unhappy with his surroundings but unwilling to do anything other than spew his sanctimonious BS on this forum. I'm surprised he didn't rant about what's good for business at the local prisons, like he's done hundreds of times, or take a shot at SS and throw in a Wiggly barb. Old time BS from the ol timer.
PickYourPoison

Batavia, NY

#6 Feb 23, 2013
I think you hit every Fox News talking point Ol Time Citizen. Listen, things have changed since 1930. First of all your xenophobia is showing. Second of all Republicans/Democrats, different puppet same strings. So drop the Neo-conservative rhetoric. Let me ask you, do you believe in freedom of choice? If you're a consistent person and you think the government should be regulating personal behavior then you have to be for prohibition of alcohol and cigarettes. Maybe they should regulate church behavior too?

This issue is no different than alcohol prohibition. Our drug war/drug demand has created Mexican Al Capone's. The last thing a drug lord wants is legalization in the states. They lobby to keep these laws in place because they can't exist without those laws.

You bitch and whine about state taxes. Do you know how much we spend on the failed drug war???

Short story long, the only gateway marijuana leads to is the black market.
Harley Hog

Batavia, NY

#7 Feb 25, 2013
ol time citizen wrote:
Yes I would agree with you Poisen. With Governor Cuomo in office now, he'll do all he can to Trash New York all he can right on his way to the Presidential office. Don't worry though, when HE legalizes DOOBIE, the State of New York will be right there to collect all the fees and Taxes associated with it. The State of New York is ALL ABOUT TAXES, they could care less whether the kids in school are smoking DOOBIE. They are as dumb as they can be now.... look at it this way... Lonsberry of WHAM stated today on the radio that 600 kids in the Rochester School District have parents that are teenagers. Theyare passing out Condoms to the kids free of charge, might as well give them a pack of DOOBIE too. The Chinese love all the Legalization of WEED Make American Kids ever dumber than they currently are. After all....ITS JUST MARAJUANA.... lets wait until people smoke it behind the wheel and kill people. We'll still call it DWI DUMB WITHOUT INTELLIGENCE.
I couldn't say it better myself. This generation is getting dumber, dumber, dumber, dumber, dumber and more stupid. 16yr olds that dont know the difference between a 1/2 inch and 1/8 inch. Cant even read a ruler and they are now thinking of legalizing DOOBIE, GRASS, GREEN LEAFY VEGETABLE MATTER, HERBACIOUS SUBSTANCE, JIMMIE, MARY JANE whatever these clowns call it. 16yr olds that don't even know their social security number DAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. China is growing and will be the worlds superpower by 2016 and our country is in decline. This generation just doesn't get it, they want to take us over. These little punks who think its great now to sit around and smoke all day long and get high will have a rude awakening someday when there working as slaves to the chinese with a machine gun held to their heads. Wake up America its coming.
PickYourPoison

Batavia, NY

#8 Feb 25, 2013
Yea, America is going down the shitter all because of Cannabis.

Marijuana is not exclusive to just stupid people. Smart, successful, productive, creative people also smoke. You want to be the guy to tell a chemo patient they can't use cannabis? Shit, using your rational we should ban Nascar too.

Harley, it sounds like you're describing the negative effects of globalization and then blaming it all on weed.

p.s. harley hog = ol time citizen? You two have so much in common with your big paragraphs, capital letters, and fear of China. Don't preach about education if you can't use the word "there" properly.
disappointed

Elba, NY

#9 Feb 26, 2013
they can't be to bright if they are smoking weed.
PickYourPoison

Batavia, NY

#10 Feb 26, 2013
disappointed wrote:
they can't be to bright if they are smoking weed.
"too" None of you naysayers can even use correct english. Bunch of dogmatic high school 60 year olds who can't hold an argument past what they've heard on TV.
old time citizen

Albion, NY

#11 Mar 1, 2013
Ok, get pissed at me for putting down weed. It's OK, You and all of your generation can wait on me serving me .79 cups of coffee at Mcdonalds, and Tim Hortons. I have a pretty sweet retirement package. All I have to do is walk with my cane to the mail box and get my check. The newer generation will also go to the mailbox to get thier check too. A WELFARE check. And you can use the WELFARE check to buy your dooby. You generation relies on dumbed down cash registers as well. Can't even count me back the proper change unless the machine tells you what to give me. On top of all of that you want WEED Legalized too? How DUMB do you actually want to be? I am GLAD they got the 300 marajuana plants. I hope they destroyed every single seed. NYS State has plenty of brand new freshly painted Prion cells for people who want to smoke dope. DOPE is a great name for it because you'de have to be a DOPE to smoke it. In NYS it is ILLEGAL. Don't like the LAW? MOVE to a State where it is LEGAL. Don't worry, those States will pay for it when all of thier children are Dumb as a box of rocks because all they want to do is sit and play video Games in a DOOBY fog of stupidity.
old time citizen

Albion, NY

#12 Mar 1, 2013
Justin wrote:
This was one of the dumbest comments I've ever read!! doobie Lmao you goody good people who live by the rules are pathetic! You allow wealthy assholes to tell u what is legal and whats not! In the end the only reason they do anything is to make their wallets thicker! Rejects like you buy into it! I would rather sit in my house, get high and not worry about what everyone else is doing! God, you people are pathetic!
Justin --- Here's a good bit of advice..... go down to the local corner where you buy your weed, go back home, smoke it and play your video games. Don't go to college, or work on anything too hard... society needs people like you to push shopping carts at Walmart and other menial jobs. Run along now and go back to bed.... I am sure you have a lot of partying to do with your dope-smoking friends. I'll drive by ya one day on Gaines Basin road...you will be in the yard there wearing green and walking around the yard getting exercise.
PickYourPoison

Batavia, NY

#13 Mar 1, 2013
Citizen, do you think marijuana prohibition is working?

Were you around during alcohol prohibition?
PickYourPoison

Batavia, NY

#14 Mar 1, 2013
Disappointed, I saw you were pro-gay marriage, but not marijuana legalization? Seems like a bit of a hypocritical and inconsistent viewpoint on federalism.

I don't think stupid people or kids under 18 should smoke, but locking up non-violent offenders doesn't help anything. Keeping it illegal hasn't changed anything, just made things worse. CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED W ALCOHOL PROHIBITION? How'd that turn out? See any similarities to today's marijuana prohibition?

You guys act as if it were made legal everyone will start using it or something. How many non pot smokers are going to start smoking if it becomes legal, raise your hand ... no one? How many people are going to go gay if gay marriage is passed raise your hand,... no one again.

How does someone smoking in their own home effect your pursuit to life, liberty and happiness?
old time citizen

Vancouver, Canada

#15 Mar 2, 2013
PickYourPoison wrote:
Citizen, do you think marijuana prohibition is working?
Were you around during alcohol prohibition?
Let me put it to you this way.... The State of New York would have to Legalize it, then put such a Tax on it that it would make up for the empty prison cells that are filled daily by users and dealers of illegal drugs. NYS has 71 prisons. Think of all of the Correctional Guards, Maintenance workers, doctors, councelors and the like who NEED people to smoke and use dope, to go to jail, so they have a JOB. I cannot see Marajuana legalized in New York, because in order to do that would result in the loss of many many thousands of Jobs via people who baby-sit and take of inmates. You don't have 71 prisons operating 24 / 7, when you aren't arresting them for using DOPE. I hope the people who were stupid enough to think they would get away with raising 300 Marijuana plants, get a nice cushy warm prison cell to think about how stupid they really are. For right now, it is illegal, and they will get thier just deserve. Think about it.
old time citizen

Vancouver, Canada

#16 Mar 2, 2013
PickYourPoison wrote:
Disappointed, I saw you were pro-gay marriage, but not marijuana legalization? Seems like a bit of a hypocritical and inconsistent viewpoint on federalism.
I don't think stupid people or kids under 18 should smoke, but locking up non-violent offenders doesn't help anything. Keeping it illegal hasn't changed anything, just made things worse. CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED W ALCOHOL PROHIBITION? How'd that turn out? See any similarities to today's marijuana prohibition?
You guys act as if it were made legal everyone will start using it or something. How many non pot smokers are going to start smoking if it becomes legal, raise your hand ... no one? How many people are going to go gay if gay marriage is passed raise your hand,... no one again.
How does someone smoking in their own home effect your pursuit to life, liberty and happiness?
All you are trying to do is justify the dumbing down of America and the continual desensitizing of issues such as Gay Marriage. Notice...the State of New York only made the move when they were certain they could benifit financially by voting it into law. The State of NY NEVER does anything for the people unless they will benifit financially....

My parents smoked in our homes the entire time I was growing up, years and years of blue smoke at every meal. So what you are telling me, is that parents in the future will smoke Dope Legally in thier home, and the KIDS will have no choice but walk around all day High as a KITE smelling the second hand smoke, only the LAW won't be able to call it child abuse, since its legal? How stupid can you be in saying that.
old time citizen

Vancouver, Canada

#17 Mar 2, 2013
PickYourPoison wrote:
<quoted text>
"too" None of you naysayers can even use correct english. Bunch of dogmatic high school 60 year olds who can't hold an argument past what they've heard on TV.
I have a nice glass of wine at dinner many nights. The vapor of the wine doesn't travel to the person sitting next to me like a joint or ciggerette would.

Im VERY glad smokers have to stand outside and smoke now in resturants. Now I don't have to smell thier burning SH-T during every meal.

I am way over 60 and I've never smoked a joint and never had a reason to.

I still think people who smoke WEED are stupid, and always will be.

PickYourPoison

Batavia, NY

#18 Mar 2, 2013
You don't seem to have much respect or understanding of the constitution.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gasport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
medina hospital (Apr '13) May 11 Subs 109
Review: Steve's Custom Cycle (Jul '10) Apr '15 5oclocksomewhere 12
News Young mother, seeking a new life, wants happy h... (Dec '11) Apr '15 TOASTER 86
community garage sale Mar '15 timmyt 1
News Niagara SPCA Conducts Animal Rescue in Lockport Mar '15 CatWatcher 4
Lincoln Wood Apartments close to Akron Road (Jan '14) Mar '15 HIGh ya 6
SMC Equestrian Center (Jan '13) Dec '14 shady 32
More from around the web

Gasport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]