First Prev
of 2
Next Last
More of the same

Batavia, NY

#1 Jul 8, 2013
http://www.orleanshub.com/index.html

The report reported today says that Medina has the highest tax rate in the Finger Lakes region. Medina's mayor Andy again blames the towns and county for his administration's high rate. At no time has he offered solutions to the problems they have created other than blame others. In the meantime, he has given himself a raise this year (why? for failing?? and continues to push remodeling an old building that is not even on the tax rolls instead of doing anything to bring new business, new revenue streams, new sales tax streams and new employment to the area.

Good job Andy. Please explain to us how you are still the mayor along with your band of bobble heads who sit on the board. Anyone familiar with impeachment proceedings?
Nothing New

Batavia, NY

#2 Jul 8, 2013
The problem with the tax rate is the school tax is 50% of the bill, and then 15% goes to town taxes which give the town residents a 50% break o their taxes. Dissolution is Andrew's answer, yet the current Village residents will be left with no Police Department, DPW, Fire or Ambulance service they currently have. And in doing dissolution it would create new tax districts within the town to maintain such services; hence no real tax savings to the people in the current Village boundaries. But he fails to mention that ever in his pressure to dissolve.
TIRED

Holley, NY

#3 Jul 9, 2013
How about the useless women in the office that just got raises and promotions. Close the Village down already and save us some money.
Holley NY

Batavia, NY

#4 Jul 10, 2013
Are you from Medina? Do you even know what they do? I highly doubt it.
TIRED

Holley, NY

#5 Jul 14, 2013
ummm yes ummm yes and you must be one of the useless
I bet

Batavia, NY

#6 Jul 14, 2013
umm no umm no I bet you are a welfare hoe!
Get rid of them all

United States

#7 Jul 15, 2013
My guess is most of those office type people in Medina sit on their rear ends all day and do very little. Did you ever see the outrageous salary those clerks get? You could cut a ton of money by cutting pays. Do you think it would be hard to find people to replace any of these useless public employees at half the cost. I don't think so. Retire some of those old sows that have been there forever and don't fill the vacant position. Oh and stop playing that annoying music all day long. Not everyone wants to hear that crap.
Neley Ohio

Batavia, NY

#8 Jul 16, 2013
Get rid of them all you say! And what is your solution? You are obviously clueless. And what music are you talking of? Main Street music? That was a brain child of the Chamber President Joke and her lesbian friend the President of the Business association.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#9 Jul 17, 2013
The only viable downtown in all of Orleans County and all some people do is bitch about it. I gather it would be much better if it did what other villages in Orleans County are doing with their downtowns.
Keep the Village

Buffalo, NY

#10 Jul 18, 2013
Stop into any of the Village of Medina Departments and see how under staffed they are and then make the comment that they do nothing all day while you collect your welfare.
Get rid of the village

United States

#11 Jul 20, 2013
Maybe if they weren't so over paid they could hire that extra help. My guess is if i stopped in i would see friends of and family members of the connected sitting on their a $$ doing very little collecting a check complaining about how much work they have to do. Having to pay them is welfare from the tax payers. You people don't know what a hard days work is.
Get rid of the village

United States

#12 Jul 20, 2013
It is only viable because most of the businesses took public money to start up and continue to take it to stay open or expand. That is cheating in my book. Most don't or wont last that long. The undesirables are contained unlike the prison town that is flooded. The Government body is what makes the village a bad place to live and do business. It is run by people who are used to taking and using government to advance themselves. Many of them are also involved in to many other things, clubs committees ,ect. to concentrate on any one thing. They spread themselves to thin. A dangerous mixture. The village will fall under its own weight as it should. This is just the beginning. There is no leadership with any intelligence at present.
Digital Observer wrote:
The only viable downtown in all of Orleans County and all some people do is bitch about it. I gather it would be much better if it did what other villages in Orleans County are doing with their downtowns.
Smokey Bear

Batavia, NY

#13 Jul 20, 2013
Get rid of the village wrote:
Maybe if they weren't so over paid they could hire that extra help. My guess is if i stopped in i would see friends of and family members of the connected sitting on their a $$ doing very little collecting a check complaining about how much work they have to do. Having to pay them is welfare from the tax payers. You people don't know what a hard days work is.
Well I invite you to spend a week with the Fire Department and see just how much time there is to sit around. The department is already 140 calls over last years total. And then tell me how overpaid we are.
free fall

United States

#14 Jul 20, 2013
So last year you had it easy? Most Fire Depts are volunteer. That fact that your paid anything means your over paid. But its the unions and the law makers in NYS that have made it very hard to have the volunteer departments well stocked. Your department is spoiled rotten for such a small village . Fighting a fire takes a special breed i dont slight you one bit but your overpaid. That 40 % cut will be more next year. Best to teach citizens how to hook up a fire hose . Just sitting back watching it all fall apart. A long time over due.
Smokey Bear wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I invite you to spend a week with the Fire Department and see just how much time there is to sit around. The department is already 140 calls over last years total. And then tell me how overpaid we are.
Fact Check

Batavia, NY

#15 Jul 20, 2013
free fall wrote:
So last year you had it easy? Most Fire Depts are volunteer. That fact that your paid anything means your over paid. But its the unions and the law makers in NYS that have made it very hard to have the volunteer departments well stocked. Your department is spoiled rotten for such a small village . Fighting a fire takes a special breed i dont slight you one bit but your overpaid. That 40 % cut will be more next year. Best to teach citizens how to hook up a fire hose . Just sitting back watching it all fall apart. A long time over due.
<quoted text>
You are clueless!
TIRED

Holley, NY

#16 Jul 22, 2013
Yep nasty nasty nasty everytime you pay your bill or ask a question they are just nasty!
Orleans Fair

Batavia, NY

#17 Jul 22, 2013
Hey Tired I saw you at the Fair tonight! But you didn't see me.... Nasty Nasty Nasty
Biotch

Batavia, NY

#18 Jul 22, 2013
You have the village clerks office confused with the old hag court clerk. Now there was a real bitch!
disappointed

Elba, NY

#19 Jul 26, 2013
you think you don't need the fire men or policemen until you have a fire or a break in them you are glad to see them and you don't care how much they get paid. the clerks do their job.someone always think some one can do a better job but it is just talk.
Honesty

United States

#20 Jul 27, 2013
Both come after the fact. After the fire or after you been robbed, beaten or killed. I'm glad for both of them but i don't think either is worth what they are paid. Personally i don't really have a need for police. I would rather dole out my own justice and take my own chances out on the street.. It is the profession they chose they must like doing it or they would not. Clerks are the most lazy bunch of people i have ever seen. Mostly sitting on their rear ends acting like they are doing you a favor when you need something. Anyone can be replaced, it happens every day, you leave life goes on your replaced the world does not stop. Yes usually the replacement does a better job in the private sector or in the world of government usually is a worse evil than the orb they replaced.
disappointed wrote:
you think you don't need the fire men or policemen until you have a fire or a break in them you are glad to see them and you don't care how much they get paid. the clerks do their job.someone always think some one can do a better job but it is just talk.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gasport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Two of Medina's finest (Dec '13) Dec 6 circus court 6
SMC Equestrian Center (Jan '13) Dec 5 shady 32
Why I went somewhere else with my horse (Apr '13) Dec 5 yea 5
private investigator looking for tammy corneliu... Nov 29 50 Shades of Grey 4
INKspressions Tattoos Nov 24 yepp 2
party at the marlboro (Oct '06) Nov 24 HIGh ya 48
Sara Payne (May '12) Nov 17 HIGh ya 15
Gasport Dating
Find my Match

Gasport People Search