Lockport teacher in trouble with the ...

Lockport teacher in trouble with the law again

There are 105 comments on the WIVB Buffalo story from Jun 17, 2008, titled Lockport teacher in trouble with the law again. In it, WIVB Buffalo reports that:

A Niagara County teacher charged three times with DWI is in trouble with the law again Tuesday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WIVB Buffalo.

king of op

Buffalo, NY

#29 Jun 17, 2008
Wilson Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to disagree with you, but having bailed a freind out a year ago,it took at least a month after the case was done to get our bail money back..And I have heard of the courts using the bail for the fines and court costs
wow....that court ripped you off . if you bail out a friend and they use your money for their fines and court costs....you got scammed . sue them!i did the same thing for a friend in tona. and got my cash back right there and then .
Payless

Lewiston, ME

#31 Jun 17, 2008
Two Words for this situation. Jail Time.

She could have killed one of our loved ones.
Get it right

United States

#32 Jun 17, 2008
ross wrote:
lockport....what would you expect?
Get it right "Gasport" there is a difference
John

Windham, ME

#33 Jun 17, 2008
Get her off the highways before someone gets hurt or killed. I guess she cannot abide by the rules.
Bosco

Buffalo, NY

#34 Jun 17, 2008
What a tramp..she should never be allowed in a school again!! Even the thought of a p o s like this being anywhere near any children turns my stomach!!

“Go ahead, make my day.”

Since: Jul 07

Venus, PA

#35 Jun 17, 2008
Get it right wrote:
<quoted text>
Get it right "Gasport" there is a difference
Yes, Gasport is about 4 miles East of the Lockport Town and Country Club on Rt.31; I wonder just how many leave there DWI, DWAI, DWAI Drugs, etc. Wasn't there a judge who sheered off a telephone/power pole, left the scene of that accident and refused breath/blood tests, about a year ago right in front of Emmet Belknap Middle School on High Street. What ever became of the serious charges against Amy Fricano? Were they just swept under the proverbial rug? As far as I know she is still sitting in judgement of her fellow citizens and peers!
oops

Lancaster, NY

#36 Jun 17, 2008
Man With No Name wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Gasport is about 4 miles East of the Lockport Town and Country Club on Rt.31; I wonder just how many leave there DWI, DWAI, DWAI Drugs, etc. Wasn't there a judge who sheered off a telephone/power pole, left the scene of that accident and refused breath/blood tests, about a year ago right in front of Emmet Belknap Middle School on High Street. What ever became of the serious charges against Amy Fricano? Were they just swept under the proverbial rug? As far as I know she is still sitting in judgement of her fellow citizens and peers!
Funny you should mention that...She has not actually heard a case since that time and has just filed for retirement.

http://www.buffalonews.com/cityregion/story/3...
Right and Wrong

United States

#37 Jun 17, 2008
Man With No Name wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Gasport is about 4 miles East of the Lockport Town and Country Club on Rt.31; I wonder just how many leave there DWI, DWAI, DWAI Drugs, etc. Wasn't there a judge who sheered off a telephone/power pole, left the scene of that accident and refused breath/blood tests, about a year ago right in front of Emmet Belknap Middle School on High Street. What ever became of the serious charges against Amy Fricano? Were they just swept under the proverbial rug? As far as I know she is still sitting in judgement of her fellow citizens and peers!
You are right about the judge and the funny thing is that she was a tough judge as for her on the stand, no she is still not and I believe she is trying to retire now.

“Go ahead, make my day.”

Since: Jul 07

Venus, PA

#38 Jun 17, 2008
oops wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny you should mention that...She has not actually heard a case since that time and has just filed for retirement.
http://www.buffalonews.com/cityregion/story/3...
Thanks for that update; I notice it was just published today (how timely) in The Buffalo News.

“Go ahead, make my day.”

Since: Jul 07

Venus, PA

#39 Jun 17, 2008
Right and Wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right about the judge and the funny thing is that she was a tough judge as for her on the stand, no she is still not and I believe she is trying to retire now.
The point I am making is that this is a societal problem (alcohol/drugs) affecting everyone from judges to ghetto crackheads and winos.

Since: Apr 08

AOL

#41 Jun 17, 2008
king of op wrote:
<quoted text>wow....that court ripped you off . if you bail out a friend and they use your money for their fines and court costs....you got scammed . sue them!i did the same thing for a friend in tona. and got my cash back right there and then .
King of op ,
We got the money back after like 6 phone calls and a very pissed off me ! But we did get it back. "the small town court thought (wasnt wilson ) " it was going to use the bail to pay the guy we bailed fines. No , he can pay the fine right now. & I will take my $500 back now please. Cause I was at court to get my money back (it was a check by the way,,,hum they won't take a check for bail tho. But I undersatand that I suppose ,But still makes me mad lol
June

Buffalo, NY

#42 Jun 17, 2008
As a parent of a student of a second grader, I am concerned of talks that this teacher may return to school in the fall. She is not a positive role model for students and as much as we try to protect our children from what has happened, they hear parents speaking of this and see newspapers.
June

Buffalo, NY

#43 Jun 17, 2008
ross wrote:
lockport....what would you expect?
Real nice! Lockport is a great city, just because someone from outside Lockport has made bad choices, there's no reason to make a cut like that.
mike

Ashburn, VA

#44 Jun 17, 2008
why wasnt she already in prison?
Dan

Buffalo, NY

#45 Jun 17, 2008
Wilson Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Bail money is also lost if you are arrested on the same charge again . Or could be thats how it use to be .. And always supposted to lose it for court no shows like after the 5th time ,Inless you find a Judge whom follows the rules and does it the first time they fail to appear.
Bail money only assures the defendant will return to court. Bail is not given if you are a flight risk. Bail money is returned whenn the case is adjudicated.

“Keepin' It Real since 1975!”

Since: May 08

Buffalo, NY

#46 Jun 17, 2008
I cant believe someone even has a CHANCE in NYS to get a DWI 4 FREAKING TIMES! She obviously has something wrong with her & needs to be locked up to protect those of us who don't go around driving all liquored up!
MS_Ed

Buffalo, NY

#47 Jun 17, 2008
Angry Lockport parent wrote:
How can Ms. Cole be able to have 4 DWI's. That is insane!! Also as of two weeks ago on the ballot to be teacher again? There are plenty of decent teachers out there looking for a job. I say send her to jail and throw away the key!!
As an educator I could not agree more. The acquisition of public positions are a game of politics and tenure. We the teachers of New York do not need miscreants like this and others in our ranks. There are plenty worthy teachers in the area whom would gladly take this position. I can understand a brush with the law, but multiple DWI convictions are another issue. At least she is not like Ms. Dickey in regards to sexual impropriety.

Since: Apr 08

AOL

#48 Jun 17, 2008
Molly L wrote:
I cant believe someone even has a CHANCE in NYS to get a DWI 4 FREAKING TIMES! She obviously has something wrong with her & needs to be locked up to protect those of us who don't go around driving all liquored up!
The law is now a days 1st DWI is a felony .So some one please explain how this woman gets 4 (felonys) since like April 07 ..And still is driving around ??
Impound her car,toss her in jail for a week to detox her .By the sounds of it she really needs to be stopped before she kills some one ...

Since: Apr 08

AOL

#49 Jun 17, 2008
They just showed her on Ch7 shes laughing her butt off ,while getting out of a cop car in cuffs. Nice fight with cops ,4th DWI and laughing about it ...I would be asking for a bag for my head which would be hanging...
Sick of it too

Wells, ME

#50 Jun 17, 2008
Can you be arrested for being stupid? Because that is what she is. Just think of how many times this idiot drove drunk without getting caught.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gasport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Cobblestone Inn Medina NY Aug 13 J hayes 9
Lockport, NY. A good place to live? (Sep '07) Aug 8 Frank L 16
shannondoah farms (Aug '10) Jul 21 Tragic Indeed 122
News Young mother, seeking a new life, wants happy h... (Dec '11) Jun '17 Ghhhh 94
News Picket planned by union workers from 11 Absolut... (May '14) May '14 FTG 18
News School district's exercise program featured in ... (Oct '09) Sep '13 Who me 9
Were you notified to vote on the NEW TAX for Mi... (Sep '11) Sep '11 Disenfranchised V... 1

Gasport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gasport Mortgages