Medina teen charged in the death of his girlfriend

Full story: WHEC-TV Rochester, NY

A Medina teen has been charged after the death of his girlfriend. Jenna Pratt of Medina died in a car crash on December 6th in the Town of Shelby in Orleans County.

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 60 of60
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
The truth

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2009

neo-lib wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah everyone makes mistakes, but those mistakes don't result in a death. It's people like you that enable this kind of thing. No one takes responsibiliy for anything anymore. Oh he is a good kid, from a good family, let's just let him go free to make this mistake again and kill someone else! No excuses, in this day and age to be driving while drunk, none! he has the rest of his life to live now, but this young girl does not. Put his butt in jail, if for no other reason than maybe some other young person will think twice before getting behind a wheel drunk. And know I don't know these people and obviously I can never know the young lady, because this so called "good kid" killed her!
Hey ret*rd... no is condoning drunk driving. Yes, he should and will be held accountable, is ways you can't even imagine. Do you really think he wanted to kill his girlfriend??? This was not a violent act nor is he a violent criminal... the boy made a mistake and unfortunately it was a very costly one that took the life of another. I pray that you never have a child that goes through this...
The truth

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2009

new york wrote:
I am sure Jenna and Josh were very nice kids, and they did not deserve for this to happen. But all the parents in their town had better realize that the facts are that they're not keeping close enough watch on what their teens are doing and they need to get out of denial. The open to the public memorial facebook page had dozens of photos of them both, as well as their friends drinking and drunk, like it was all some big joke. Today in Starbucks two women were looking at that page in utter disgust at one of the entries:
MacKenzi Nudd to JPrattt, I miss you so much. I hate not seeing your pretty face everyday.. I dont think it has completely sunk all in yet. Im just waiting for another drunk phone call from you. And I always think what would jenna want us to do, and I have to say party real hard! but no matter what it will never be the same without you. Ohh and by the way I finished your motor mouth picture, your damn sexy. lol. I loveee you &#9829;
Yesterday at 12:22pm
The entire Starbucks cafe was talking about this. These kids don't get it. At all. I hope they smarten up before, Heaven forbid, this happens again. This is not about being on a 'high horse' or judging. It is the public, concerned about major denial about teens illegally drinking and/or driving drunk.
Ok, for the record... I do not condone drunk driving. But it sounds as if you were a saint as a teen and went to christian school. Either that or your parents were completely ignorant, in denial and did not know the facts of what you were doing. As a matter of fact, it sounds as if you're in denial... I guess that's one phase of your life you've never told your kids about.
neo-lib

Webster, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2009

The truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey ret*rd... no is condoning drunk driving. Yes, he should and will be held accountable, is ways you can't even imagine. Do you really think he wanted to kill his girlfriend??? This was not a violent act nor is he a violent criminal... the boy made a mistake and unfortunately it was a very costly one that took the life of another. I pray that you never have a child that goes through this...
I have, from the other side. Anyone that knowingly gets behind the wheel of a car while drunk, does NOT have an accident! The accident is if they make it home ok! Stop making excuses!
MADD

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2009

This is good, the police finally made an arrest of an adult who gave them the alcohol.
All police departments should do this.

http://rochester.ynn.com/all-regions-news-213...
Shelby Dad

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2009

wet bac wrote:
<quoted text>
Great point Medina Mom! I'd imagine that the breathalyzer was taken at the scene and the blood test at the hospital. Ironically, the results came back at .08 - exactly what was needed to prosecute him for a DWI. I think that there is more to the truth here than is being told... something doesn't smell right
I know both families and my heart goes out to both of the families. But a year or so ago New York passed a 0 tolerance law meaning no matter what his breath test showed or blood test any amount is too much and there is the dwi because of his age. I pray for the best to both fanilies.
Mush Sharoom Rivera

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2009

Maybe he needs to get the judge of the girl from Aquinas
Tragic

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2009

Hey Neo-lib, don't pay attention to the "observer", because she bragged on another site that her and her boyfriend,( now her husband) did the same thing, on the same road, back in her day! Nice! I'm glad she can relate so well to the situation, because of obviously drinking and driving on Martin Rd. Then she proceeds to post on here that the same thing could have happened to them.. Hmmmmmmmmm, sounds like a moron talking, doesn't it???
return

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2009

wonder if the new stations will return to Medina tomorrow for the court appearance. Funny that they never covered the Mike Cejka arrest story but will continue to exploit the families in this horrible situation.
observer

Lyndonville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

Tragic wrote:
Hey Neo-lib, don't pay attention to the "observer", because she bragged on another site that her and her boyfriend,( now her husband) did the same thing, on the same road, back in her day! Nice! I'm glad she can relate so well to the situation, because of obviously drinking and driving on Martin Rd. Then she proceeds to post on here that the same thing could have happened to them.. Hmmmmmmmmm, sounds like a moron talking, doesn't it???
I swore I was done with these posts, but either I didn't communicate well or you misunderstood or you are the moron. I'm not sure. I certainly wasn't "bragging". Far from it. The point I was trying to make was that teenagers, everywhere, have been making bad decisions since the beginning of time....We all have the right to be upset in our own way over what happened, but I don't understand all the mean and hateful comments. No one is perfect and unfortunately some mistakes are more costly than others. I prefer to use my energy for prayers for the Pratts and the Stockwells rather than hateful comments.
Richard Mahoney

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

kel varnsen wrote:
.08 and he is being charged yet idiots on cell phones get a free pass.....what a joke
what is that one or two beers. he wasnt drunk. they blame everything on drinking.
i am a moron

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

Richard Mahoney wrote:
<quoted text>
what is that one or two beers. he wasnt drunk. they blame everything on drinking.
its more like 3.5 or 4 beers definatly not 1 or 2.... nice trying to minimize dwi's tho.
On it Goes

Fairport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2010

The underage drinking continues....the RIP Jenna Pratt site on Facebook contains many references to how these kids intended on and did drink to celebrate New Years in Jenna's memory and honor. How very very sad. I sure hope none of them drove anywhere. I also hope that whoever provided them with the alcohol gets turned in. And I really hope that these kids and their parents get a clue before it is too late.
Deborah Lynn Lambert

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2010

Medina Mom wrote:
Joshua is a very responsible boy. He doesn't deserve this. There is more to this story that people don't know. I have one question? How accurate are these tests? His breathalyzer (sp?) test came out 0.01 and his blood test came back 0.08? Gee, which one is accurate. Josh has suffered enough, Jenna loved him, he loved Jenna, we all love them both. People are such hypocrites. I can't stand it. Stockwell & Pratt families - you have so many people loving you and praying for you, stay strong. This tragedy has broken all our hearts.
Yes you are right Medina Mom. Even from miles away this tragedy has had an impact on so many people. I cannot begin to imagine the grief of a mother and father who has lost their child but I even moreso cannot begin to imagine the grief of a mother and father who will need to pull their son back from the horrible grief and guilt that he must be feeling. Alot of prayers and alot of support is what these families will be needing from their community. Say what you want about Medina but when times get tough I can't think of a community better to stick behind everyone involved that would show love and support. It's always easy to judge and point fingers, but if it happened to you......stick together now is not the time to blame anyone. Life can change in the blink of an eye, so think about it before making anymore negative comments. I know I have long since moved from Medina, but it will always be my home and I am proud to say so.
Bethany

Albion, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2011

look. unless you knew both josh and jenna you should just stay out of it. it doesnt matter if she knew he was drunk or not. what happened happened. i really wish it didnt. jenna was a great person who was there for anyone who needed her help or a person to talk to. josh was a great boyfriend to her. he would never intentionally hurt her. so why doesnt everyone stop talking about the negatives and just think about all the good memories that were made while she was still here on earth with the ones that love her. i went to school with both of them and graduated with josh and had a few classes with jenna. ill never forget the smile she had. so as i said. just remember the good times. her family and josh are going through enough from all that has happened without people who did not even know her saying negative things about her josh and the people who were with her the night that the tragic accident happened. josh is going to have ti live with the grief of what happened for the rest of his life. and what you guys are saying is just making his life more hellish than what it should be. and jennas parents and loved ones and friends have to live with the pain of knowing that everyday they will not get to see her again. only in photos and in the memories that they have created with her. so im asking, unless you know her, please dont say something just to make life harder on her friends, loved ones, and people who knew her just to make yourselves happy. thank you.
R.I.P. Jenna. you are loved and greatly missed here on earth. we all miss your smile and caring heart. i wish that there were more people in the world that had half of the heart, spirit, caring, and kindness that you had towards people. we all love you and can not wait to see your sparkling beautiful face again.
annonymous

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Umm excuse me jenna was my good friend and josh is a great kid he didnt mean for anything to happen to her. She was his world. And u dont even know how mad this makes me.
Mother of 5

Albion, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

My opinion is..number one turning this into a race thing is utterly ridiculous ,,ESP..knowing someone has lost their child..no matter the circumstance..I truly do not believe in drunk driving...no matter who was drinking or how much or why...an innocent life was lost..this young man will have to face the pain of feeing responsible the rest of his life...if we all stopped pointing fingers and started treating people the way we would want to be treated and looking out for one another's children...these things would not exist...but again..turning this into a race thing...get over yourselves...I don't care if your white,black,purple or green..we all bleed the same and what's right is right and what's wrong is wrong!
RFCBF

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

He put everyone's lives at risk, so he's not a good kid even if he is white.
You white need to start taking drunk driving serious and hold them responsible and stop only giving them a 6 month sentence for murdering someone.
DWI JOKE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

I think drunk driving is over blown. Its more about making money for the state. No matter how many laws they make people are still driving drunk. People are still getting killed. Most people who are stopped are not a menace to others. DWI ruins good law abiding peoples lives. I think people should only be charged is a accident is involved . MADD is a joke . All they care about is getting money from the government to spew propaganda. Before you go MADD on me think about it DWI can happen to anyone. Some of the most prominent people have gotten one.
Smokey

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

Judged:

Jones wrote:
<quoted text>
I take it your black, LeRoy??? Get over it, slavery was abolished years ago. It's people like you that are why racism still exists. To prove my point, Rodderick Scott - a black man - was just exonerated after shooting a 17 year old kid in the back on somebody else's property. Don't be ignorant...
Leroy,

You sound like an Angry Black Man. Grow up buddy.
Smokey

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

Judged:

Leroy,

You're an angry black man. Stop now BRO.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of60
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Gasport Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Gasport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance