Comments
5,341 - 5,360 of 22,109 Comments Last updated 17 hrs ago

“Mayor Of Topix-Land”

Since: Sep 08

Las Vegas, NV

#5816 Feb 2, 2013
-Lily- wrote:
<quoted text>
I will admit I don't miss freezing cold temps but I do miss not usually having a White Christmas but I will take a white Ground hogs, Super Bowl, Birthday weekend LOL unless it gets deeper than the 1 1/2" they said it was going to be!
I was in Michigan last March for my mother-in-law's funeral and I thought I would freeze. I have only lived in Texas for 4 years now, but my blood has thinned in this warm weather. I honestly don't believe I could return to that climate for any reason at all.

But, like you, I do miss a white Christmas. But by December 26th, I was done with snow. Unfortunately, in Michigan, there's another 3 or 4 months of cold and snow after that.

“We R Watching U”

Since: Dec 11

Albany, NY

#5817 Feb 2, 2013
-Lily- wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks I have been lucky so far and they have not came here to disrupt this thread. Might be because they don't like pleasant and informative intelligent conversation LOL
Probably is. They generally prefer to talk to all their other selves.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#5818 Feb 2, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was in Michigan last March for my mother-in-law's funeral and I thought I would freeze. I have only lived in Texas for 4 years now, but my blood has thinned in this warm weather. I honestly don't believe I could return to that climate for any reason at all.
But, like you, I do miss a white Christmas. But by December 26th, I was done with snow. Unfortunately, in Michigan, there's another 3 or 4 months of cold and snow after that.
Let's not forget White Halloween too! In the early 80's I was standing in Lake Orion, MI at the Memorial Day parade and it started snowing!

Location hidden

#5819 Feb 2, 2013
satanic witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly!

“Mayor Of Topix-Land”

Las Vegas, NV

#5820 Feb 2, 2013
-Lily- wrote:
<quoted text>
Most them (ones from IT where I have never posted in) have backed off me now but the stranglers have been on many forums I game on and blend in there but go to off the way places I post at just to show their true colors. These particular ones want everyone to think they are such nice posters so they don't tend to show out in front of others not in their group. But they sure like to gang up and troll together.
I don't come here for drama I like to enjoy posts by others and sometimes gain great ideas and even recipes and such. I love to see the bright and happy posts. I also like to make sure my friends are feeling good and who knows maybe bring them a smile if they are not!
Well some people on Topix just live to make other poster's lives miserable and some of us just live to find those people.

;)

This is for the most part a pretty good thread. We get the ocassional gray boxer stopping by to spew cowardice ignorance, but for the most part, we all get along pretty good.

You're among friends here, Lily.

“Mayor Of Topix-Land”

Las Vegas, NV

#5821 Feb 2, 2013
satanic witch wrote:
<quoted text>
I could the trolls all mad
by giving them the Kudos badge
If I only were a mod.
LOL...me too. I would pick the baddest one and give him a pink kudos badge.

“Mayor Of Topix-Land”

Las Vegas, NV

#5822 Feb 2, 2013
-Lily- wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's not forget White Halloween too! In the early 80's I was standing in Lake Orion, MI at the Memorial Day parade and it started snowing!
I remember in the early 70's--1973 to be exact, I was working at a US Steel quarry in northern Michigan as a summer laborer (they hired college kids for that) and it was snowing in early June. I had only been in Michigan for a few years then and thought this must be some kind of cruel joke.

Southern Michigan was never quite so bad, but I can remember it snowing as early as October and as late as late April there.

Location hidden

#5823 Feb 2, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember in the early 70's--1973 to be exact, I was working at a US Steel quarry in northern Michigan as a summer laborer (they hired college kids for that) and it was snowing in early June. I had only been in Michigan for a few years then and thought this must be some kind of cruel joke.
Southern Michigan was never quite so bad, but I can remember it snowing as early as October and as late as late April there.
I remember dressing the children for Halloween and trying to stuff a costume on them over their snowsuits and boots lol

“But Perhaps They Did....”

Since: Jan 12

Titusville, FL

#5824 Feb 2, 2013
satanic witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like Sundog.

;)

“Mayor Of Topix-Land”

Las Vegas, NV

#5825 Feb 2, 2013
By the way, "Watching It Closely" is my sock.

“But Perhaps They Did....”

Since: Jan 12

Titusville, FL

#5826 Feb 2, 2013
I knew Sundog was going to say that. Don't believe him.

“Mayor Of Topix-Land”

Las Vegas, NV

#5827 Feb 2, 2013
-Lily- wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember dressing the children for Halloween and trying to stuff a costume on them over their snowsuits and boots lol
Yep.....and the joys of frozen pumpkins.

Location hidden

#5828 Feb 2, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep.....and the joys of frozen pumpkins.
Funny you should say pumpkins. They were usually frozen to the ground after Halloween and then when removed in the spring they would fall apart and the ones the kids only painted instead of carving would leave seeds everywhere. The next thing you know I would have pumpkins growing everywhere. I once lived in an upscale subdivision and up sprouted the pumpkins right in front of the hedges in the flower bed in front of the big picture windows. One fall day we were outside doing a little yard work and a neighbor was driving by and stopped to ask what was the name of the beautiful orangish yellow flowers we had growing. LOL well we had to tell them "why pumpkins of course" they looked at us like we were crazy lol

Location hidden

#5829 Feb 2, 2013
Needless to say we didn't stay long in the subdivision...back to the country we moved LMAO

“Mayor Of Topix-Land”

Las Vegas, NV

#5830 Feb 2, 2013
-Lily- wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny you should say pumpkins. They were usually frozen to the ground after Halloween and then when removed in the spring they would fall apart and the ones the kids only painted instead of carving would leave seeds everywhere. The next thing you know I would have pumpkins growing everywhere. I once lived in an upscale subdivision and up sprouted the pumpkins right in front of the hedges in the flower bed in front of the big picture windows. One fall day we were outside doing a little yard work and a neighbor was driving by and stopped to ask what was the name of the beautiful orangish yellow flowers we had growing. LOL well we had to tell them "why pumpkins of course" they looked at us like we were crazy lol
Yep...we had the same issue. My wife had a couple of wildflower gardens around the house (which I despised) and every year we would end up with a couple of pumpkins growing in there. She always acted surprised, but I knew damn well she was putting the seeds there.

We always fought over gardens. I liked neat and orderly ones and she liked gardens that looked like they just sprung up naturally. I remember one year she planted a vegetable garden out behind the garage and I had a fit because all the rows were not straight....LOL.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#5831 Feb 2, 2013
COOTERDOG wrote:
<quoted text>Below zero temps last night...I'm a frozen turtle. Just maybe Phil can't count either...:)
Yea, probably doesn't count either and probably wishes folks would not disturb his hibernation......lol!!!

NorCal's predication.......6 more weeks of winter:-)

Location hidden

#5832 Feb 2, 2013
I was a gardener most my life. I grew the most gorgeous flowers in Michigan and I can't grow anything but roses here in TN. I used to plant foxglove that would get 5 feet tall and have bell like blooms on 3-4 ft of the stems. I knew my soil and weather there in MI but I just can't get a handle on the soil or the weather here.

Location hidden

#5833 Feb 2, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, probably doesn't count either and probably wishes folks would not disturb his hibernation......lol!!!
NorCal's predication.......6 more weeks of winter:-)
Maybe the groundhog can't read the calendar lol doesn't it automatically say Spring is that far off? I never really understood the groundhog predictions about as bad as the bear or panda picking the Super Bowl winners lol

Location hidden

#5834 Feb 2, 2013
As much as I have enjoyed our posting I must retire back to my ice pack lol I hope to post with you all a little later. Have a great day!

“Mayor Of Topix-Land”

Las Vegas, NV

#5835 Feb 2, 2013
-Lily- wrote:
I was a gardener most my life. I grew the most gorgeous flowers in Michigan and I can't grow anything but roses here in TN. I used to plant foxglove that would get 5 feet tall and have bell like blooms on 3-4 ft of the stems. I knew my soil and weather there in MI but I just can't get a handle on the soil or the weather here.
We had a house on 3 acres up there so there was a lot of yardwork. My wife had a rose garden out front, and flower-gardens all around the house. I had one of those zero-radius riding mowers and had to mow carefully around her gardens. Once or twice (or maybe a hundred times) I accidnetally ran over some of her flowers. I can still see her standing there over those dead flowers with her hands on her hips....LOL.

When I would use the string trimmer she would follow me around to make sure I didn't whack any plants.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gary Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 7 min Mgtn Res 57,030
what is the usefulness of topix 14 min --Rickster-- 13,088
Word assocation (Sep '07) 37 min Madison in TN 15,440
**Add a word drop a word** (Oct '13) 38 min texas pete 1,518
Thought for the day. (Oct '13) 1 hr texas pete 1,470
Debate: Ferguson - Welch, WV 2 hr Huntington Guy 82
Last Post Wins (Dec '11) 3 hr AmyFaith 3,601
•••
•••
Gary Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••