cooterdog's hang out

“Right To Die With Dignity ”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#4741 Jan 19, 2013
-Lily- wrote:
Oops forgot the video lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Kfl-marPekcXX
Funny Video. Yes, that was what it was like here at my home.

“Of Course I Can”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#4742 Jan 19, 2013
COOTERDOG wrote:
<quoted text>I am laughing so hard that I have tears streaming down my face.:D
The funniest part is...it's true.

Several years ago I had to babysit my youngest grand daughter for a few hours. She was just a baby. She cried the whole time my wife and daughter were gone. When they got back, I handed them the baby and went straight to the bar to drown the memory of baby sitting.

I told them I would not do it again....and I haven't. I am so done with babies.

;)

Location hidden

#4743 Jan 19, 2013
-Lily- wrote:
<quoted text>
This video used to baffle my dogs. They would hear it and come to the computer and turn their heads sideways. Then they would join in too! My oldest Lab would stair at the puppy on the scream and just howl and howl. He was so funny.
I had a Walker Hound ~ Foxhound mix named Shelbie for about 14 years. I was a foster parent for newborns given up at birth. So when I would bring home a newborn "Shelbie" would camp out on the rug in front of the baby crib every time I put the baby in it to sleep. She was the best babysitter in the world. At the first sound she would come running and insist I come get the baby lol.
JD just ran and got his work vest and tossed it in front of them like here stop your crying then when they didn't stop crying he joined them. I don't know if he will make a good baby sitter like Shelbie. Thank you for being a foster parent for newborns. When I taught school so many high school girls would get pregnant and have their children. I know of a few that adopted their children and few of the girls were sent away for a year and adopted their child. When I think about my son and now he is an adult and I think about all the precious blessings that I had in the classroom, it would be a very difficult decision to make about one's own child. I've also now lived to see some women have babies just to get a monthly check from the government and they have had numerous babies removed form their care in courts. I have also seen women use abortion for birth control. I don't want any of women's rights removed especially for those that medical conditions and the mother is at risk or even a rape case such from a family member, father, etc.., but I don't think an abortion should be used for birth control. A Child to me is one of God's Greatest Blessings. Thank you for caring enough to help newborn babies get a great start at life.

Location hidden

#4744 Jan 19, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>
The funniest part is...it's true.
Several years ago I had to babysit my youngest grand daughter for a few hours. She was just a baby. She cried the whole time my wife and daughter were gone. When they got back, I handed them the baby and went straight to the bar to drown the memory of baby sitting.
I told them I would not do it again....and I haven't. I am so done with babies.
;)
I feel for you, SD. I'm beginning to think that is going to happen with these two babies. They have only been around their mom and dad and a slim list of people and I understand with the flu epidemic and they are getting some of their immunizations, but these 2 are going to do the same because they are so attached to their mommy and if anyone has to watch them I look for the same story you told to happen. I guess I will go back to drinking cases of Cokes in days.:)

“Of Course I Can”

Location hidden

#4745 Jan 19, 2013
COOTERDOG wrote:
<quoted text>I feel for you, SD. I'm beginning to think that is going to happen with these two babies. They have only been around their mom and dad and a slim list of people and I understand with the flu epidemic and they are getting some of their immunizations, but these 2 are going to do the same because they are so attached to their mommy and if anyone has to watch them I look for the same story you told to happen. I guess I will go back to drinking cases of Cokes in days.:)
Well I was always good about taking care of my kids. My wife used to be in sales and would be gone for 3 or 4 days at a time and I took care of all three of them when she was gone (of course the oldest one was about 19 then, so she helped). But these grandbabies--that's a whole different story...LOL.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#4746 Jan 19, 2013
CD it was a lot of fun for my whole family but often we became too attached if we had them very long. I also fostered a troubled 13 yr old girl for 2 years who had been in the system all her life. She was a wonderful child just misunderstood by most. She is a beautiful young lady now and I am glad to have been a part of that. Sad to say but several of the babies I received into my home were born addicted to drugs. We had some tough days and nights in the early days of their arrivals but it was so wonderful to see how they came around and become sweet babies. Most were placed in permanent adopted homes in the 1st 4-6 months. It was a joy for me to have them in my family even if it was temporary.

Location hidden

#4747 Jan 19, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I was always good about taking care of my kids. My wife used to be in sales and would be gone for 3 or 4 days at a time and I took care of all three of them when she was gone (of course the oldest one was about 19 then, so she helped). But these grandbabies--that's a whole different story...LOL.
Yes, it is a new generation and even things for babies are so complicated to put together. I would need a class on how to install car seats.:)

Location hidden

#4748 Jan 19, 2013
-Lily- wrote:
CD it was a lot of fun for my whole family but often we became too attached if we had them very long. I also fostered a troubled 13 yr old girl for 2 years who had been in the system all her life. She was a wonderful child just misunderstood by most. She is a beautiful young lady now and I am glad to have been a part of that. Sad to say but several of the babies I received into my home were born addicted to drugs. We had some tough days and nights in the early days of their arrivals but it was so wonderful to see how they came around and become sweet babies. Most were placed in permanent adopted homes in the 1st 4-6 months. It was a joy for me to have them in my family even if it was temporary.
It takes someone very special to open their homes up and make a difference in children's lives. I am thankful to have met someone like you that decided to part of the solution and help these children. I had a teenage girl that stayed with me for sometime until college and she still is a joy in my life and getting married this Summer.

“Of Course I Can”

Location hidden

#4749 Jan 19, 2013
COOTERDOG wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, it is a new generation and even things for babies are so complicated to put together. I would need a class on how to install car seats.:)
Don't even get me started on car seats!

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#4750 Jan 19, 2013
COOTERDOG wrote:
<quoted text>There you are and I thought I was going to have to put out an APB out to find you. I got worried about you because I hadn't seen you post and I miss seeing you post. The game today with Perdue and WV was just as you commented and much dreaded to watch with these WV Team. I might get egged and hear once again; "how bout them eers" when I wear my WV Attire.
Oh just had a busy time Monday and later outage at night came back on early AM, other than that things are great.

WVU beat those guys last year I believe, WVU is gonna have a rough one but can see them pull off an upset or two. This season is a learning curve.

Location hidden

#4751 Jan 19, 2013
Don't get me wrong I had my hands full with my own three girls but it was a lot of fun and they learned a lot about compassion and helping others along the way. I now have 8 beautiful grandchildren to enjoy and return to their mother's when get to be a handful lol

Location hidden

#4752 Jan 19, 2013
Weepy wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh just had a busy time Monday and later outage at night came back on early AM, other than that things are great.
WVU beat those guys last year I believe, WVU is gonna have a rough one but can see them pull off an upset or two. This season is a learning curve.
Sorry to hear that your power was out but glad it's back on for you! Was wondering where you were at.
Redneckerson

Nitro, WV

#4753 Jan 19, 2013
COOTERDOG wrote:
<quoted text>It takes someone very special to open their homes up and make a difference in children's lives. I am thankful to have met someone like you that decided to part of the solution and help these children. I had a teenage girl that stayed with me for sometime until college and she still is a joy in my life and getting married this Summer.
I once tried to talk my wife into adopting 20yr old twin girls; but she said I wasn't wired for 220 !

Location hidden

#4754 Jan 19, 2013
Weepy wrote:
<quoted text>
Weepy, it is like they have no consistent shooting in the net even from the key or rebound shots. I agree with you about this season being a learning curve. I hope some of the players hang in there and make a come back. I was reading somewhere where a few of the players were considering leaving the team then again they could of been under academic probation until they had a better grade average. I'm glad you've gotten power back and the weather changed in a couple of hours to inches of heavy snow. Our lights blinked several times and I slept through all the rain prior to the snow. In some places it is a slushy, muddy mess until night then everything is frozen.

Location hidden

#4755 Jan 19, 2013
Redneckerson wrote:
<quoted text>I once tried to talk my wife into adopting 20yr old twin girls; but she said I wasn't wired for 220 !
You need to keep your wise wife.:) How are you tonight, Redneckerson?

Location hidden

#4756 Jan 19, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't even get me started on car seats!
:D I did hear from the father of these twins that he was so tired one morning he packed a bottle of breast milk in his lunch. I told him to get back to me when he put Neosporin on his tooth brush for toothpaste and sprayed shaving cream under his arms for deodorant in the morning getting ready for work.:D
Redneckerson

Nitro, WV

#4757 Jan 19, 2013
COOTERDOG wrote:
<quoted text>You need to keep your wise wife.:) How are you tonight, Redneckerson?
I'm good ,up late watching westerns.

Location hidden

#4758 Jan 19, 2013
Redneckerson wrote:
<quoted text>I'm good ,up late watching westerns.
I noticed the Almo Movie from 1960 was playing earlier today.

Location hidden

#4759 Jan 19, 2013
Gosh Dang Nab It. The meteorologist just told me that my weather had a few game changers then leaves me hanging and commercials comes on for several minutes.

“Of Course I Can”

Location hidden

#4760 Jan 19, 2013
COOTERDOG wrote:
<quoted text>:D I did hear from the father of these twins that he was so tired one morning he packed a bottle of breast milk in his lunch. I told him to get back to me when he put Neosporin on his tooth brush for toothpaste and sprayed shaving cream under his arms for deodorant in the morning getting ready for work.:D
We were pretty fortunate in that all of our kids slept pretty good at night. Don't know how we got so lucky in that regard.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gary Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
**Add a word drop a word** (Oct '13) 9 hr _FLATLINE-------- 5,540
Looking for Morgan's or Pendletons from Big Jenny! 11 hr Morgan-Pendleton 1
Word assocation (Sep '07) 13 hr luci 17,379
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 13 hr well 1,287
The Alphabet Game (Dec '11) 16 hr luci 2,198
Ernies market 18 hr Delbert 4
Will kimball walmart close? (Jun '15) 18 hr Delbert 39
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gary Mortgages