Investigating The DHHR

Investigating The DHHR

Posted in the Gary Forum

Interesting

Princeton, WV

#1 Jul 20, 2012
Has anyone heard about the big Investigation going on with the DHHR?
Heard that 3 Of the big wigs were [laced on admisterative leave this week,while a Federal Investigation is being done.

Hopefully they will start on the Welchs Office next,and see why they are letting things go on there that isnt right and aginst the law.I hear its coming soon,and sounds like theres some workers that wont be very happy.

Instead of looking out for the well being of the children that they take out of these homes,they care less about them and some children go through pure hell and torment and some of the workers know of it and let it continue to happen.

I think these workers need to be drug tested and better background checks done on them before they are hired.
interested

Princeton, WV

#2 Jul 20, 2012
post a link please
Interestng

Princeton, WV

#3 Jul 20, 2012
interested wrote:
post a link please
It was in the Charleston Gazette today. The investigation is for bid rigging,maybe in at the Charleston WV Office. Hope how soon that they investigate the Welch Office,It damn sure needs it,
1 post removed
Haha

Bluefield, VA

#5 Jul 20, 2012
Interestng wrote:
<quoted text>It was in the Charleston Gazette today. The investigation is for bid rigging,maybe in at the Charleston WV Office. Hope how soon that they investigate the Welch Office,It damn sure needs it,
Bid Rigging has nothing to do with the workers or the individual office. NO worker at the local level has the authority to offer a contract or enter into a contract for the state.
Interesting

Princeton, WV

#6 Jul 20, 2012
Haha wrote:
<quoted text>
Bid Rigging has nothing to do with the workers or the individual office. NO worker at the local level has the authority to offer a contract or enter into a contract for the state.
I agree. But all the other crooked stufff thats going on there is going to all come out soon,hide and watch.
Jazz

United States

#7 Jul 20, 2012
Does James long still work at welch Dhahran?
Jazz

United States

#8 Jul 20, 2012
That was supposed to be Dhahran. Spell cheek kicked in
Jazz

United States

#9 Jul 20, 2012
Dhhr
Interesting

Princeton, WV

#10 Jul 20, 2012
Jazz wrote:
Does James long still work at welch Dhahran?
Hes "there",Is all I will say for now.
wow

Bluefield, VA

#11 Jul 21, 2012
Everyone says the local office is crooked. But it seems everytime someone does something they shouldn't its the workers fault. The worker did not tell you to sell your stamps, not report EMPLOYMENT, to use drugs or to beat your kids. The worker had to go through several people to take your kids and the bottom line is if you did what you weresupposed to you would not be in this mess. Wake up. Take care of your kids and get a job. And you will not have to deal with the welfare.
Jazz

United States

#12 Jul 21, 2012
I agree with point that that you are trying to make the problem is the workers don't do their job. Lok around you.stop by places like super stop late in the afternoon, how many kids do you see in cars with people that shouldn't even be driving. If they did decadent investigations it would change lives of many children. The McDowell dept. has the worst reputation in the state. That's a real tribute to their workers.
Okay

Bluefield, VA

#13 Jul 21, 2012
Jazz wrote:
I agree with point that that you are trying to make the problem is the workers don't do their job. Lok around you.stop by places like super stop late in the afternoon, how many kids do you see in cars with people that shouldn't even be driving. If they did decadent investigations it would change lives of many children. The McDowell dept. has the worst reputation in the state. That's a real tribute to their workers.
First and formost. CPS workers cannot be everywhere. Second, they only make contact when they have a referral. If you see something you need to report it. Second, the McDowell Department actually has one of the better reputations in the state. In fact they are one of the few area's that have been determined to be doing their job correctly. Third, often times the things you are talking about are beyond the worker's abilty to intervene. Have you ever volunteered to testify for that worker so she/he can prove their case. CPS cases are like police cases in that if the worker does not witness it with their own eyes. And they do not have anyone willing to testify to the information they cannot act on it. They would not be able to prove their case in court. So when you see these so called kids that need to be taken are you volunteering to testify to what you saw so the worker can prove their case or are you one of those who like to complain that people are not doing thier jobs but really do nothing about it. You dont seem to understand it is not the worker who decides when to remove a child. Its a judge. If that worker can not meet the burden of proof for the judge there is nothing that can be done. If you are sitting here stating you see so many kids that need removed then you are part of the problem. You are not giving the worker the infomation they need to prove their case. Therefor it is as much if not more your fault becuase you saw it and did nothing.
problem456

Huntington, WV

#14 Jan 30, 2013
dhhr is a joke . they take kids out of the homes for MONEY . instead of helping kids in real danger from abuse/neglect , they're taking kids w/ truancy , bad judgments without investigating very much & kids w/ slight behavior problems . it's a joke . i think they should be under investigation . they should do better at their jobs & look more into situations .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gary Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A to Z of Television Shows (May '13) 1 hr Maverick 808 834
The Welch Hangout (Jan '13) 1 hr Poof1 30,304
Create your own Forum 2 hr Goodpoints 707
Election signs in war (Apr '12) 2 hr Billy Bob 31
Thought for the day. (Oct '13) 5 hr texas pete 1,574
Word assocation (Sep '07) 6 hr Intrepid Surfer 16,633
The Alphabet Game (Dec '11) 6 hr Intrepid Surfer 1,895
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gary Mortgages