Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor. Full Story
hey

United States

#975 Dec 6, 2010
oijvtr wrote:
<quoted text>
Perry don't like brownies, and he would deport you, even if you were born here, and you voted for him.
shut up freakin nazi .....u mad cause we took over the population and u get picked on ....for being white

mwc

Since: Jul 10

Houston, TX

#976 Dec 7, 2010
yooflungpoo wrote:
<quoted text>
What would you expect from a Republican?
A moderate liberal republican like Arnie exactly what they got. Brown will mess it up after all isn't he the one they recalled before they got Arnie. A good fiscal conservative Governor would have found a way to get California on the right road.
Dingo

Carmichael, CA

#977 Dec 7, 2010
They have some nice papayas in the carribean also, so we could agre on somethings and besides papayas are good for marinating meats.
seedtick wrote:
<quoted text>
I would rather have papayas...the big ones from Brazil, thank you.

“Operation GTFO Advocate”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#978 Dec 7, 2010
seedtick wrote:
<quoted text>
I would rather have papayas...the big ones from Brazil, thank you.
Lol!

Those the ones that crack under the tiniest bit of pressure, aren't they? Just like dingoberries.
sdfghj

San Antonio, TX

#979 Dec 7, 2010
hiry
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#980 Dec 7, 2010
Wartime wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol!
Those the ones that crack under the tiniest bit of pressure, aren't they? Just like dingoberries.
LOL

“If you believe it, stand by it”

Since: May 07

Location hidden

#981 Dec 7, 2010
Dingo wrote:
They have some nice papayas in the carribean also, so we could agre on somethings and besides papayas are good for marinating meats.
<quoted text>
Yeah...they are full of MSG. But, the big papayas from Mexico cannot compare with the ones I ate in northern Brazil...that is why I mentioned Brazil.

“If you believe it, stand by it”

Since: May 07

Location hidden

#982 Dec 7, 2010
Wartime wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol!
Those the ones that crack under the tiniest bit of pressure, aren't they? Just like dingoberries.
Dingo and I have been bantering back and forth for a long time. He doesn't "crack" too easily. You gotta respect someone who gives as good as he gets a lot of times...it is just too bad that he is wrong a lot.
vote

Corpus Christi, TX

#983 Dec 7, 2010
go pery
Lucy

Houston, TX

#984 Dec 7, 2010
mwc wrote:
<quoted text>
A moderate liberal republican like Arnie exactly what they got. Brown will mess it up after all isn't he the one they recalled before they got Arnie.
Are you thinking of Gray Davis?
Adolf Hitler

Fort Worth, TX

#985 Dec 7, 2010
hey wrote:
<quoted text> shut up freakin nazi .....u mad cause we took over the population and u get picked on ....for being white
How about you back that up? You're prob not allowed to vote anyways. Haha. Racism feeds off of people like you. You call poverty and day labor jobs "taking over". That's comedy right there. Good luck amigo.
Dingo

Carmichael, CA

#986 Dec 8, 2010
Well it's a natural MSG :-) and a little MSG never hurts anyone, I know what you mean about the papayas did you check out the Avacados? how about the different types of bananas? See now you going to get me talking about real tropical fruits.
seedtick wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah...they are full of MSG. But, the big papayas from Mexico cannot compare with the ones I ate in northern Brazil...that is why I mentioned Brazil.
Dingo

Carmichael, CA

#987 Dec 8, 2010
And in the end it's a bunch of bantering amongst us and WE can't change a darn thing, the few people that run the world, well they will still be running the world.
seedtick wrote:
<quoted text>
Dingo and I have been bantering back and forth for a long time. He doesn't "crack" too easily. You gotta respect someone who gives as good as he gets a lot of times...it is just too bad that he is wrong a lot.
Wile E Peyote

Fairfield, TX

#988 Dec 8, 2010
Dingo wrote:
And in the end it's a bunch of bantering amongst us and WE can't change a darn thing, the few people that run the world, well they will still be running the world.
<quoted text>
Bingo, Mr. Dingo.

Bananas in Belize....left to ripen on the tree are small but very yummy. The bigger ones are picked green and ripen on the boat, in Wal-Mart, or even in a fruit bowl on your counter....and are not so tasty. Much like the difference between sto-bought tomatoes and homegrown ones. Makes me wonder how fried green bananas might taste.
Dingo

Carmichael, CA

#989 Dec 8, 2010
But you must read the history of Bananas coming into the US there was a reason and still a reason why the bananas are grown the way they are and packaged specifically for the US market. but let's don't get into that now.

Lets talk about the many types of guava or mamey sapote, now those are good eats, experienced all of those in my travels, when first starting out it was pointed out that these are 'Plums" in a market, Plums? I ask, well it taste great, especially, in the carribean they make a chow, hot peppers for so.
Wile E Peyote wrote:
<quoted text>
Bingo, Mr. Dingo.
Bananas in Belize....left to ripen on the tree are small but very yummy. The bigger ones are picked green and ripen on the boat, in Wal-Mart, or even in a fruit bowl on your counter....and are not so tasty. Much like the difference between sto-bought tomatoes and homegrown ones. Makes me wonder how fried green bananas might taste.

“If you believe it, stand by it”

Since: May 07

Location hidden

#990 Dec 8, 2010
Dingo wrote:
Well it's a natural MSG :-) and a little MSG never hurts anyone, I know what you mean about the papayas did you check out the Avacados? how about the different types of bananas? See now you going to get me talking about real tropical fruits.
<quoted text>
Well, there are so many different types of fruit there...but, like the USA, Brazil is a large country that also has a temperate zone in its south. I absolutely do not like avacados...but I did help a guy design a water wheel driven generator at his avacado "plantation" in Belem, Brazil. It was a fun project.
In my opinion, the USA has spent far too little time on issues within our own hemisphere. We left a void that was easily exploited by the wrong people. And people along the Gulf Coast and the Mexican border feel the effect of this long before the rest of the country does.

“If you believe it, stand by it”

Since: May 07

Location hidden

#992 Dec 8, 2010
Dingo wrote:
But you must read the history of Bananas coming into the US there was a reason and still a reason why the bananas are grown the way they are and packaged specifically for the US market. but let's don't get into that now.
Lets talk about the many types of guava or mamey sapote, now those are good eats, experienced all of those in my travels, when first starting out it was pointed out that these are 'Plums" in a market, Plums? I ask, well it taste great, especially, in the carribean they make a chow, hot peppers for so.
<quoted text>
Listen, I got a lesson in humility that involved bananas while in Africa. There was an older man working in the living quarters on an offshore rig I was on. Each day he washed our clothing and left it folded neatly by our door each morning. One time as I was going home he asked me to bring him a pair of flip flop shoes for his wife..the local shoes were cheaply made. When I returned I brought him two pair..one pair for him and one pair for his wife. I refused his money and told him to consider it as a thank you for his good service to me. He went home and returned a week later. He brought me a little package wrapped in aluminum foil saying "mama sent you this." I thanked him and unwrapped it...there were two small local bananas inside..very over ripe and mashed from his transporting them. I thanked him again and thought that I would dispose of them later. But I could not do it..I went to the galley and put them on a dish with ice cream and ate them. I realized that he and his wife had very little and those bananas represented a decent gift to her. I tell my grand kids this story..because I want them to know that "if you have nothing, anything is something."
Wile E Peyote

Fairfield, TX

#993 Dec 8, 2010
Dingo wrote:
But you must read the history of Bananas coming into the US there was a reason and still a reason why the bananas are grown the way they are and packaged specifically for the US market.
<quoted text>
Will do.
Dingo wrote:
........ mamey sapote, now those are good eats,......
<quoted text>
Never had one of those, or two for that matter. Looks like a mix between a cantaloupe and an aguacate.

I remember walking through a market in Asia once. I saw a little old lady who looked like she was about 120 years old sitting squatted in front of four large pears, stacked in a small pyramid. She was getting absolutely no action from the crowd. Feeling a little sorry for her and missing the pears that surround my grandfathers house, I approached her and asked, "Olmayo?", or, "How much?". For one pear, she wanted $25,000 won, or the equivalent of $20.00 US, at the time. I decided to wait until I got back to East Texas for my pears.

“If you believe it, stand by it”

Since: May 07

Location hidden

#994 Dec 8, 2010
Wile E Peyote wrote:
<quoted text>
Bingo, Mr. Dingo.
Bananas in Belize....left to ripen on the tree are small but very yummy. The bigger ones are picked green and ripen on the boat, in Wal-Mart, or even in a fruit bowl on your counter....and are not so tasty. Much like the difference between sto-bought tomatoes and homegrown ones. Makes me wonder how fried green bananas might taste.
Well, if you spent time in Belize you should have had your fill of fried bananas as well as plantains. I know that I did. A favorite breakfast dish there is bananas fried in butter or oil.
But here at home my wife still makes a mean banana pudding with those old Wal-Mart bananas.
Sam

El Paso, TX

#995 Dec 10, 2010
Republican wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever the Republican's do, it will beat the hell out of what your socialist President and socialist democratic party have done the last two years to destroy our Country. You idiots voted these people in, now you realize your mistakes and they are on their way out. Perry has kept Texas profitable and growing while your state, California, has been flushed down to Mexico with your HMO's and socialized medicine and all your liberal practices. California is bankrupt and is clearly the trailor park when you compare it to Texas. Not even the Terminator can save your State, HA, LOL.
Considering that the Texas governorship is one of the weakest of all 50 states, Perry had little to do with Texas' relative soft blow from the recession. That had more to do with our robust energy, tech, and support services industries slugging through depressed prices very well.

You also seem to forget that we're facing a $12 billion budget shortfall, so no, it isn't all sunshine and roses here either.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gartman View Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jan 23 Farts 771
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jan 19 Farts 612
The power of drugs ,and those who use them (Apr '13) Sep '14 agree 24
searching for 14 child (Oct '13) Oct '13 FAMILY 1
US Marshal "Boss" Green and Bailey Boys (Aug '13) Aug '13 OKLA Girl 1
Kerry Sheppard (Aug '13) Aug '13 and me 2 4
Day Trips (Jan '13) Aug '13 OldTimer72 6

Gartman View News Video

Gartman View Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Gartman View People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:52 pm PST