New Milford Motorcyclist Killed By Falling Tree Branch

A falling tree branch is being blamed by police for the death of a 60-year-old Connecticut man who was riding his motorcycle to have dinner with his mother and sister on Mother's Day . Full Story
Benny

Hartford, CT

#1 May 12, 2008
You bikers love riding without helmets, well, here you go..
Former South End Boy

Overland Park, KS

#2 May 12, 2008
There's nothing in the story about the rider wearing/not wearing a helmet. This guy got hit by part of a TREE!!! I don't think a helmet would have made a difference. My thoughts are with his family. I'm not sure how I'd react to losing someone in a freak accident like this.
Farfel

Winsted, CT

#3 May 12, 2008
A helmet would have made no difference. But thanks for sharing your sympathies with us.
Mary

AOL

#4 May 12, 2008
Horrible story but if he was hit by the branch in front of a firehouse, why did the guy who found the riderless bike have to search for him? Am I missing something?
the Badger

United States

#5 May 12, 2008
That particular Fire House could be staffed by volunteers who respond in emergencies and do not stay there when things are quiet.

I feel bad for the guy who found the bike and then the victim. What a strange this to experience. Sad.
Mary wrote:
Horrible story but if he was hit by the branch in front of a firehouse, why did the guy who found the riderless bike have to search for him? Am I missing something?
Taxpayer

North Haven, CT

#6 May 12, 2008
My heart goes out to his mother, poor thing.
Daniel Plainview

Hamden, CT

#7 May 12, 2008
Reason 78 why motorcycles are completely dumb.
Benny

Hartford, CT

#8 May 12, 2008
Actually in the original story, they mentioned that they weren't wearing helmets.. To those who say it wouldn't make a difference, you are just plain dreaming.
Linda M

Morris, CT

#9 May 12, 2008
This is crazy. It's time for the Gov. to create a committee to study the trees over our highways to make sure that they are safe for all. Gov. Rell did it in CT.. Gov. Paterson needs to do the same. Lets get on the ball Paterson. Make our highways safe.
Marjorie

South Yarmouth, MA

#10 May 12, 2008
Extremely tragic. As someone in the business once told me, a motorcycle helmet makes no difference when the head is separated from the body. Just a little easier for the Funeral Director to do the cosmetics.
Ms Rotten

AOL

#12 May 13, 2008
Mary wrote:
Yes, you are. As it STATES in the ARTICLE....the rider was hit by part of the tree and the bike CONTINUED for a 1/4 MILE. A passer-by FOUND the BIKE....hence....had to LOOK for the RIDER.

OMG....THIS is why America is falling behind in the Education Dept. People can't even READ and UNDERSTAND a SIMPLE article!

Also, NY STATE HAS A HELMET LAW!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Garrison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Newburgh seeks new hotel zoning definitions Upd... 21 hr Snorkler 5
mispelled or not.is cornwall and cournwall of t... Thu tina 2
Evenecence Jan 26 pusherman_ 1
Newburgh in the 50s and 60s (Jan '10) Jan 24 Paytone 12
So Long Teutuls! American Chopper Cancelled By ... (Nov '12) Jan 23 buginfested 40
Free or small cost beautiful wedding in NYC or ... Jan 17 Michael Roth 1
John McNeal Jr (1840-1923) Jan 15 Bob Wilson Jr 1

Winter Storm Watch for Putnam County was issued at January 31 at 9:49AM EST

Garrison News Video

Garrison Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Garrison People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News