Father Paul Wattson and the Quest for...

Father Paul Wattson and the Quest for Church Unity

There are 3 comments on the www.livingchurch.org story from Jan 16, 2010, titled Father Paul Wattson and the Quest for Church Unity. In it, www.livingchurch.org reports that:

Early one morning last summer, I walked out to the precipice of a “holy mountain.” I looked out and saw the fog lifting from an immense and undulating forest below, like incense from a thurible. I knew I was walking on holy ground and I soaked up the silence, interrupted only by the stray bird on the wing. In this sweet-smelling, bounteous setting I was a pilgrim. There at the ledge was the grave of Father Paul James Francis Wattson, founder of the Society of the Atonement, a group of friars that established themselves for the strict purpose of uniting the branches of the Christian family ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.livingchurch.org.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1 Jan 16, 2010
from livingchurch:

"... Fr. Wattson’s father, Joseph, had been expelled from General Theological Seminary, and sometimes labeled a 'Jesuit in disguise,' but was brought into the ministry through the graciousness of Bishop William R. Whittingham of Baltimore."

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#2 Jan 16, 2010
Just another Episcopal HATING Catholic...NEXT!!!

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#3 Jan 19, 2010
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
Just another Episcopal HATING Catholic...NEXT!!!
Yep, you ought to gander at the mission statement of Fuax Living word:

We promote and support an understanding of Anglicanism which — in the words attributed to Archbishop of Canterbury (1945-1961) Geoffrey Francis Fisher — proclaims that “we have no doctrine of our own. We only possess the Catholic doctrine of the Catholic Church, enshrined in the Catholic Creeds, and those creeds we hold without addition or diminution.”

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Garrison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Newburgh police charge trio with possessing loa... Feb 3 LaQuan Tyree Wash... 1
Hi, (Dec '14) Feb 2 Good-Evil 38
Favorite Songs (Feb '15) Feb 2 Good-Evil 75
Solitude (Feb '15) Feb 2 Good-Evil 21
Adoptees Born at Julia L. Butterfield Hospital ... (Jan '12) Jan 28 John1978 47
News Date Place in Beacon, NY? (Aug '09) Jan 23 Tissue 4
how to make money online (Sep '13) Jan 23 Sammy 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Garrison Mortgages