Two Dead After Sky Diving Accident in Garrettsville

Two people were killed following a sky diving accident in Garrettsville, police tell Fox 8 News. Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Vern

Lodi, OH

#83 Sep 22, 2009
Sue wrote:
Sarah,
Could you post your video on YouTube? Dan has a couple of videos that students posted there already, and I'm in one of them.. I went up in the plane and spectated on Dan's birthday in the one video. I would love to see more on YouTube. Thanks for your kind words about Danger.
<quoted text>
Sue
Is there something up in youtube dedicated to Dan? Or do you just want the videos uploaded anywhere to remember him?
Malibu

Canton, OH

#84 Sep 22, 2009
Fox has a story about Sierra today, sad that no one posted any sympathy for her today.

This is for BOTH of the lives lost..

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. 2 He maketh me to lie down in green [1] pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. 3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. 4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. 5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest [2] my head with oil; my cup runneth over. 6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.[3]
Grandma

AOL

#85 Sep 23, 2009
Dan was afine young man that enjoy what he was doingand a very great father he will be missed hes in heaven flying around looking down on us . grandma Orr
Sue

Cleveland, GA

#86 Sep 23, 2009
Thanks so much, Ben. I'm gonna google AeroOhio. I work in the aviation industry, and I'm looking for work now that I'm back in Ohio..not having much luck. I had a great job at a flight school in Texas, and I'm getting depressed that I can't find steady work in aviation. That's what brought me to the DZ... it had an airplane! Too bad it was only part-time work, I would have loved to have worked there 6 days a week! Appreciate your very kind words, Ben.
Ben Fellow Skydiver wrote:
<quoted text>
Sue I cant begin to grasp the heavy heart you and others at the DZ feel having been there. I hope he stays in touch with you as the healing process begins. I hope to hear Mike decides to re-open as I would like the opportunity to jump with your group and meet this such fine group of caring people. If you ever find yourself over Aeroohio in Rittman look for me.
Sue

Cleveland, GA

#87 Sep 23, 2009
Jackie,
If you are a paralegal and have worked in aviation for six years, one would think you would be able to spell "aviation" correctly.

You offered legal help to Stephanie and me. I'm sorry to HAVE to say this, but there is NO legal recourse for anyone that chooses to jump at Cleveland Parachute. The waiver that people sign was written by "very reputable lawyers", and it is thorough and explicit in that it details the fact that CPC cannot be sued for any reason. We carried no insurance, and you jumped at your own risk. Aside from this, there is also the fact that it would be hard to prove negligence, as this was a freak accident where no fault would likely be found on anyone's part.
Go chase another ambulance in another forum. Why would you think that I would need legal assistance? I feel molested. Go back to your law firm and make your silly typos there, please.
jackie wrote:
Stephanie I am sososo sorry I have been in aviaiton for 6 yrs and wish I could help you and her family. I am a paralegal at a very reputable law firm that is wonderful with these type of cases. i know this is the last thing you or the family is thinking about however is my children (I have 4) where left without me I would want them to be taken care of. Please respond back and I can help you and the family.
Sue

Cleveland, GA

#88 Sep 23, 2009
Vern,
I don't know all the ins and outs of YouTube. I just did a search to find the videos of Dan. Maybe by now, there is a dedicated place for Dan's videos on YouTube. I'm going to look for more posts there today. Thanks.
Vern wrote:
<quoted text>
Sue
Is there something up in youtube dedicated to Dan? Or do you just want the videos uploaded anywhere to remember him?
Sue

Cleveland, GA

#89 Sep 23, 2009
I hope to see this video on Fox's website, I will look today. Here is my continued sympathy for Sierra and her family today: I'll never forget your pretty, smiling face, Sierra! I knew you for a day, and now you are in my heart forever.

Dan's Memorial was held last night. It was heart-wrenching. Dan's mom and grandpa are amazing people with deeps reserves of strength that I cannot imagine having. I hope to one day be half the woman Dan's mom is.
Malibu wrote:
Fox has a story about Sierra today, sad that no one posted any sympathy for her today.
This is for BOTH of the lives lost..
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. 2 He maketh me to lie down in green [1] pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. 3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. 4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. 5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest [2] my head with oil; my cup runneth over. 6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.[3]
Vern

Lodi, OH

#90 Sep 23, 2009
Sue wrote:
Vern,
I don't know all the ins and outs of YouTube. I just did a search to find the videos of Dan. Maybe by now, there is a dedicated place for Dan's videos on YouTube. I'm going to look for more posts there today. Thanks.
<quoted text>
Sue,
Let me know. we did a video and it is on youtube But i would love to upload it to something dedicated to him. He was a great guy.
Malibu!
I am sorry. you are right that nobody said anything about sierra yesterday. But let me assure you that since this happened I think of them both. it could have easily been my son and dan and i think of them both each day. I cant imagine what both families are going through. I only mention dan more more because he had my sons life in his hands but i have done nothing but think of them both since i heard of this tragic accident.
DZO

Middlefield, OH

#91 Sep 23, 2009
Jackie from litchfield dont you have an ambulance to chase ? somewhere else and if you did your job and looked my name up you would find that you would tell me I was stupid for not fileing bankruptsey years ago there is no money here. But if sorrow was worth money i would be rich!!!!!
freeflyer70

United States

#92 Sep 23, 2009
DZO wrote:
Jackie from litchfield don't you have an ambulance to chase ? somewhere else and if you did your job and looked my name up you would find that you would tell me I was stupid for not filing bankruptcy years ago, there is no money here. But if sorrow was worth money i would be rich!!!!!
You tell em!! Obviously, not enough ambulances!!
It was nice to see everyone together at Danger's memorial.. And brother. please!! For your own sanity, stop playing into the ignorant fucks that have no life on these pages!!
ALL OF OUR HEARTS ARE FEELING THE LOSS OF BOTH OF THE PEOPLE THAT WERE LOST!!! Prayers to all who knew Dan and Sierra...
Greg - Kyles dad

Collierville, TN

#93 Sep 24, 2009
Kyle wrote:
I jumped with Dan in June and absolutely loved him and the staff at Cleveland Parachute. Dan was the best instructor I could imagine and this was nothing more than a freak accident. Cleveland Parachute seems unorganized, but they know exactly what they are doing and have done it for years so they try to keep the jumpers loose. This was not an incident caused by being unorganized or untrained I can guarantee you that. To Dan's family please remember the joy he brought to people as he made my summer!!! I am praying for you guys and May the Lord bless you through this tragedy. To the family from Brunswick I am praying that you guys stick together and don't let this situation ruin the ties within the family! I love you all and am greatly sorry for the loss, but know God is with you ready to comfort you!
I have to believe this Kyle is my son who I had the pleasure of jumping with in June. We waited 5 years to do this jump because he had to be 18. He held me to the promise I made when he was 13 - to skydive with him. I am incredibly thankful that we did our jump at CPC. Dan was both of our tandem masters - he was incredible! Mike trained Kyle for his AFF and as a father, I felt extremely comfortable with the training. Specifically to Dan's family, thank you for sharing him with us and allowing him to bring such joy to our family. To Mike, I am praying for healing. To Sierra's family, I pray that you remember her love for living. I could go on describing the incredible experience, but please know that God is the great comforter. Isaiah 53:4a
Hiram Kid

Cleveland, OH

#94 Sep 28, 2009
My sympathy and prayers for everyone involved. I grew up in Hiram and never heard a bad word about CPC. I was proud to bring my fiancÚ and friends there for our first jump on my birthday, June 5th this year. We all had an amazing time, and were glad to see things done right rather than rushed. Jumping with Dan was an experience of a lifetime, and I've travelled around the world. DZO, we will all be sad to see you close, but can certainly understand. To those of you who are afraid to "jump out of a perfectly good airplane" my sympathies as well. You'll never understand. Blood sucking lawyers and media, live your own lives and stay out of ours.
wiley coyotte

Cape Coral, FL

#95 Oct 2, 2009
When you jump in tandem, there is no reserve chute to deploy. Static line jumps are safer and allow the chance of a reserve chute to be deployed in an emergency. Why these so called experts continue to pack chutes so carelessly as was probably the case in this incident.
freeflyer70

Cleveland, OH

#96 Oct 2, 2009
Hey there wiley dumb ass !! shut your pie-hole unless you know what you are talking about!! THERE ARE RESERVES ON EVERY SINGLE SKYDIVING RIG!!! Tandem, sport or static.. Do you homework before opening your mouth.. Why would you bother commenting on something you know nothing about?? Never do not answer.. not interested in your blather..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Garrettsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Judge Not Fooled By Danny Lee Hill (Feb '06) Sep '14 Terry 52
Owner of Nelson park promises changes after com... (Jun '11) Apr '14 Billy bob 4
Fire on Main Street (Mar '14) Mar '14 Belinda 1
Lost Dog (Feb '14) Feb '14 concerned friend 1
Portage man charged in murder of nephew (Jan '14) Jan '14 RackCity 1
Windham in shambles (Dec '13) Dec '13 Seriouslyconcerned 1
Gondor, Resh seek jail release (Jan '07) Dec '13 nick 19
Garrettsville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Garrettsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]