Two Dead After Sky Diving Accident in...

Two Dead After Sky Diving Accident in Garrettsville

There are 94 comments on the WJW Fox 8 Cleveland story from Sep 19, 2009, titled Two Dead After Sky Diving Accident in Garrettsville. In it, WJW Fox 8 Cleveland reports that:

Two people were killed following a sky diving accident in Garrettsville, police tell Fox 8 News.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WJW Fox 8 Cleveland.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
place is dangerous

Mansfield, OH

#1 Sep 19, 2009
skydived there for years, that guy is running a loose cannon
Jumped there-once

Erie, PA

#2 Sep 19, 2009
Place was "just a smidge" disorganized...had a 1:00 jump reservation, didn't finish until 7:00pm. I would totally jump again...just not there. However, I do feel for the families, as well as the employees, they were like 1 big family there.
bobby

Chattanooga, TN

#3 Sep 19, 2009
that was my best friends sister, i knew something was wrong when he didnt call me after he jumped..
too soon

Madison, OH

#4 Sep 19, 2009
Pray for the families
Thomas

Akron, OH

#5 Sep 19, 2009
Did the accident happen at Gates Skydiving?
I Also Jumped Once

Rocky River, OH

#6 Sep 20, 2009
Yeah, I'll admit that they are pretty disorganized, but when I jumped there last month, I had an opportunity to observe the staff for quite some time and they were all so very friendly.
I had great conversation with the guy packing the parachutes and you could tell how dedicated he was to making sure that it was done right (I think his name was Jason). He and the rest of the staff were just so great to deal with. They all seemed like such close family.
If anyone who works there reads this -- my thoughts and prayers are with all of you. I hope to see you all again in the future.
Stephanie

Lorain, OH

#7 Sep 20, 2009
My deepest sympathy to the family of the skydiving instructor. The girl who died was my brothers girlfriend. there was not a bad thing that could have been said about that girl. She was one of the sweetest people i had ever met in my life. She will be sorely missed and forever in our hearts! You will always be my sister, girl! I love you!
Stephanie

Lorain, OH

#8 Sep 20, 2009
I will be attempting to arrange a candle light prayer vigil at sharon elementary school for tonight if anyone would be interested please let me know. Leave a comment on here or I will be leaving a comment with the approxomate times.
Sue

Nicholasville, KY

#9 Sep 20, 2009
I work here part time on the weekends. I put the harness on this sweet girl, and she was so excited to jump! Her little boy was there along with her brother. Dan, the Jump Master was an excellent Tandem Master, and a good friend. The chute opened just fine, but we don't know what happened to cause this horrible thing. I am so sorry for all of our losses. I don't want to put her name on here, but trust me, I remember her name, and her.. we spent the day together while she was waiting to jump, and I can't believe she's gone, and I really can't believe Dan died this way, either. He was an EXCELLENT, safe tandem master. And, yes, we are like a family at Cleveland Parachute. We were a little disorganized, but we were always aware of safety, and we knew the dangers involved with skydiving. But for those of you that have done a skydive, you know how fun it is, and so we were just fun people to hang around with.. we looked disorganized, I guess. I am so sad for everyone.
Sue

Nicholasville, KY

#10 Sep 20, 2009
Bobby, he never jumped. He was going to do his jump after his sister. He is a great guy, and I'm so sorry for his loss. I work there, and put their harnesses on them both.. and we had so much fun joking around all day.
bobby wrote:
that was my best friends sister, i knew something was wrong when he didnt call me after he jumped..
Sue

Nicholasville, KY

#11 Sep 20, 2009
Stephanie, I'm so sorry for your loss. She was a little sweet pea, and I had fun hanging out with her and her brother yesterday at work. She was so cute, and so was her son. She doted on that little boy! This is horrible.
I'll never work at another jump zone.
Stephanie wrote:
My deepest sympathy to the family of the skydiving instructor. The girl who died was my brothers girlfriend. there was not a bad thing that could have been said about that girl. She was one of the sweetest people i had ever met in my life. She will be sorely missed and forever in our hearts! You will always be my sister, girl! I love you!
Amber

Warren, OH

#12 Sep 20, 2009
Yeah, She was a sweetheart, I send prayers to her family! I am best friends with her brother.... so sad! Just almost unbelievable! Yeah I would love to go to the candle light tonight! Just so sad how someone her age was just a wonderful mother... her son couldn't of had any better of a person....boy did she adore that lil boy! God Bless Her family! This is such a tradgey to all of us that knew her!
Jumped last week

Painesville, OH

#13 Sep 20, 2009
I jumped there last Sat., and while they did seem a bit disorganized, I walked away from the experience glad that it was Dan who was my Tandem Master.

He was safe, calm and supportive and I would have jumped with him again in a minute. My heart goes out to his family, girlfriend, friends and co-workers.
Dottie Long

Ellijay, GA

#14 Sep 20, 2009
This is tragic that a beautiful person like Sierra who was a young mother was taken from her son and her family. Let's hope the people who read about this tragic accidentput all the families who are involved in their prayers. God bless and keep you Seirra. To Sierra's family God will see you throught all the days ahead.
Joe Pirtz

Conneaut, OH

#15 Sep 20, 2009
You insult the tragedy of two very special lives being lost, and you do this without putting your name on the comment tell us who you are my name is Joe Pirtz and I send my deepest regards to everyone in this moment of grief.
Joe Pirtz

Conneaut, OH

#16 Sep 20, 2009
Dan was a great man who had more spirit in him than a hundred people, had a passion for skydiving like the world has for greed and loved his wife and children who need our thoughts and love now along with the family of Sierra- my heart goes out to you. Devastating Indeed.
Dan, I will miss you!
Susan

Canton, OH

#17 Sep 20, 2009
What a horrible tragedy.

I send out my condolences to the families, friends and all involved. Your in my prayers.
Leann

Akron, OH

#18 Sep 20, 2009
My heart goes out to Sierra and Dan's family. Sierra's sister is one of my best friends. I pray that God gives Season and her family strength and understanding during this very difficult time. I only remember Sierra from when she was very young but through talks with Season I know she grew up to be a great mother and a great person.

Please everyone, keep them in your thoughts and prayers.
Marcia

Mentor, OH

#19 Sep 20, 2009
We jumped there last Sunday in what I would call one of the most exciting experiences in our lives. Yes, at first we had our reservations, but Dan took tremendous care of all of us and was very serious about safety and his work. Everyone in our group is truly sorry for this loss. We all take chances in life with everything we do, but this one was especially close to us. Our sympathies go out to both Dan and Sierra and everyone at Cleveland Parachute.
Andrea

Broadview Heights, OH

#20 Sep 20, 2009
I remember Sierra when i was little,her and my sister were friends. She was really nice and very friendly. R.I.P

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Garrettsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pedal pumping Jun '16 Marie 2
having a dishonest, corrupt mayor (Aug '15) Aug '15 7777--------123-Jes 1
Sound off cheating scandal (Mar '15) Mar '15 Cluelessinwindham 1
News Judge Not Fooled By Danny Lee Hill (Feb '06) Sep '14 Terry 52
News Owner of Nelson park promises changes after com... (Jun '11) Apr '14 Billy bob 4
Fire on Main Street (Mar '14) Mar '14 Belinda 1
Lost Dog (Feb '14) Feb '14 concerned friend 1

Garrettsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Garrettsville Mortgages