Man charged in death of Garrettsville...

Man charged in death of Garrettsville officer Faces felonies for crash that killed Donovan Svab

There are 6 comments on the Recordpub.com story from Jul 15, 2008, titled Man charged in death of Garrettsville officer Faces felonies for crash that killed Donovan Svab. In it, Recordpub.com reports that:

Christopher R. Jones walks out of the Portage County Courthouse in handcuffs after his arraignment Monday afternoon, July 14, 2008 in Ravenna, Ohio.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Recordpub.com.

God almighty

Akron, OH

#1 Jan 7, 2009
I am sorry that someone died in a car crash, but had the office not been talking on his cell phone and been wearing a seat belt, "the coroner's report even stated" he would be here today.
momma86

Park Ridge, NJ

#2 Nov 25, 2009
God almighty wrote:
I am sorry that someone died in a car crash, but had the office not been talking on his cell phone and been wearing a seat belt, "the coroner's report even stated" he would be here today.
I am sure that you judge the guy that died. What is wrong with you!
friend of donovan

Beachwood, OH

#3 Dec 3, 2009
right, so driving under the influence is okay, even causing an accident and killing someone is okay, because talking on a phone is so worse. You are an idiot. Maybe one day you or someone you love will be "on the phone" when a drunk driver is headed your way. I'm sure then, driving drunk, speeding, or having a horrible driving recaord will all trump talking on a phone. Your ignorance shouldn't even be posted here.
Gone

North Olmsted, OH

#4 Jan 16, 2010
There's absolutely no excuse for this accident resulting in the loss of an honorable life, it's pure disregard & ignorance accompnied by a habitual criminal tendency on the accused behalf. Anyone who attempts to minimize or justify this incident is morally lacking substance. If you get behind the wheel of a automobile while intoxicated and someone innocent dies as a result, your a murderer.
Guy

Fredericktown, OH

#5 Jun 5, 2011
I think they were both driving incompetently and should have both died!
Evan Svab

Brinkhaven, OH

#6 Aug 29, 2012
how dare you say something like that you have no thought over of what you say you have no heart donovan was a great man and yes he may have not been wearing his seat belt he was a very good driver his parking wasnt too good but his driving was very good he was aware of what he was doing he just never suspected a drunk driver to hit him or he would have worn his seat belt you cannot judge based on only standard text you have to know the person he was a great man and a great uncle

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Garrettsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Judge Not Fooled By Danny Lee Hill (Feb '06) Nov 20 Kim 54
Sewer Aug '16 Jean Amato 1
Pedal pumping (May '16) Jun '16 Marie 2
having a dishonest, corrupt mayor (Aug '15) Aug '15 7777--------123-Jes 1
Sound off cheating scandal (Mar '15) Mar '15 Cluelessinwindham 1
News Owner of Nelson park promises changes after com... (Jun '11) Apr '14 Billy bob 4
Fire on Main Street (Mar '14) Mar '14 Belinda 1

Garrettsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Garrettsville Mortgages