Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 180071 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Are You Kidding

Chicago, IL

#86900 Sep 6, 2012
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text>The prejudice against black persons was a part of the Mormon past. There are lots of secrets in the Mormon faith. We do not know enough about it, or about Romney and what he believes, and would feel he has to do, as a good Mormon. Apparently greed is OK with them.
How can you possibly say he is greedy when he has donated millions to charities? You have no idea what you are talking about!!!

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.pixoto.com/quantumm

#86901 Sep 6, 2012
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> you are totally nuts. on foreign policy and on Obama. first of all the people who want to bring down the economy of this country are the rightwing Republicans, the opportunistic Republicans, and the greedy crooked folks in corporations and the financial world (not necessarily the honest rich people, even though they would benefit financially from a Republican President and Congress). It was also Obama who took the risk of alienating Pakisan government and people by authorizing the raid into Pakistan to get Bin Laden - capture or kill, with choice left up to the military in the circumstances they encountered. He also has alienated Muslims by sending drones after Al Quida leaders, and thus risking killing innocent civilians among whom those leaders try to hide - this to fight Al Quida, and also to save American lives by not sending in more "boots on the ground" or pilot-and crew manned airplanes. If a Bush had done it you would have applauded it.
In Libya, Qadaffi was already called a terrorist for authorizing the downing of the airplane near Greenland seveal years ago. If a Bush had done it you would have applauded it.
In Egypt, and elsewhere, the socalled Arab spring was a mixture of all those harmed by the oppressive regimes. The air strikes called in to protect civilians in cities made it a humanitarian type operation. Not pro one side or another, just anti the side that was butchering civilians. Sort of as if someone had had the courage to stand up against the Nazis and Fascists when Mussolini and Hitler used Span as target practice and weapons testring grounds prior to WWII. Would you have been for Franco?
You are amazingly inconsistent - to rational seeming on religion, and so emotional and outright rightwing extremist on politics. I still think you have overreacted from your own youthful lefty extremism.
Did you ever tell us whether your views on religion are also a reaction against some part of your upbringing?
My Views on Religion are due to Education and the pursuit of Intellectual Honesty.... Nothing more, nothing less....

As for your projections on my views you are not even in the Ball Park... As for Qadaffi my view would have been to strike him directly within hours of determining his part in it... As for the up risings in the so called Arab Spring my views would have been Screw Em... It matters not a bit what I would think about the Governments of those countries.. I would not lift a finger in support of a armed uprising against such a government even if the Government was my enemy... Not My Problem... Unless those Government took actions against Me or my friend and then I would thump them in the head for those specific actions...(I am speaking from My position and what I would wish My Government would do in such cases)

In WW2 I would have stepped in the Instant Germany or Italy took actions against my Friends or my stuff... But I would not get involved in the armed uprising of any country, on either side unless there was a Direct Threat to Me or My Friends...

I was totally against ground troops into Iraq or Afghanistan... I was for Thumping them both in the head with many tons of HE though...

#86902 Sep 6, 2012
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> that was nice of you, and I bet you reward some of your models for your photos by feeding them well. and thanks for sharing the results. much as I oppose you on politics, I still am not hostile to you as I would be to someone who seemed hateful. you seem twisted, without being hateful - maybe by your past. but you should know that you are not given a complete pass when you are so intolerant and spread lies and propaganda like a Donald Trump idiot.
To the Twisted the straight only look twisted... As for giving me a pass I could give a crap what your personal misunderstandings of my views are... All I can do is explain it to you, I cannot understand it for you....

#86903 Sep 6, 2012
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text>The prejudice against black persons was a part of the Mormon past. There are lots of secrets in the Mormon faith. We do not know enough about it, or about Romney and what he believes, and would feel he has to do, as a good Mormon. Apparently greed is OK with them.
So since intrinsic racism was part of the Democratic past should we consider all democrats still racists?
wow

Lexington, KY

#86904 Sep 6, 2012
wow wrote:
well the worlds going to hell so do you really think it would be that bad of an idea..... this is KY..... if we lived in a more diverse place I could see your point..... Just like saying the pledge they should have the choice to say no but at least offer it to those who want it. I seriously doubt there are more opposed to this than those to encourage it. Oh and while there at it.... bring prayer back and the all mighty paddle. Kick these kids asses and teach them the right things and maybe society as a whole would benefit.
AMEN!!!!

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#86905 Sep 6, 2012
Dang, called the man a twisted intolerant lying idiot, kinda makes me feel like just being inferior and nasty is not so bad.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#86906 Sep 6, 2012
KublaKhan wrote:
<quoted text>
Figurative language, meaning the law will always stand. The removing of one and receiving of another.
Yes or No, would be a better answer to my question, I don't like guessing.
MeMe

Fort Dodge, IA

#86907 Sep 6, 2012
Lol

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#86909 Sep 6, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>Back strain and sinus/allergies are proof that man was brought here by aliens from a lower gravity world that didn't have ragweed - plus the appendix has been linked to radiation resistance....
Well that's all 100% true.

#86911 Sep 6, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
Dang, called the man a twisted intolerant lying idiot, kinda makes me feel like just being inferior and nasty is not so bad.
Can't ya just feel the love....
Wisdom

Hamilton, OH

#86912 Sep 6, 2012
Please watch this video, the information is of biblical importance- please cut and paste the link and send it to those who will benefit from this knowledge. Thank you- give me just a minute or two....

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup...

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#86914 Sep 7, 2012
Are You Kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you possibly say he is greedy when he has donated millions to charities? You have no idea what you are talking about!!!
Until he trusts his money to American banks and divulges EXACTLY how he's going to reform the tax codes "You have no idea what you are talking about!!!"
And then there's Mark 12:41

“See how you are?”

Earth

#86915 Sep 7, 2012
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> maybe if you clarified exactly what you mean by a political partisan, I would not see your point as you meant to make it.
Do you think I should vote for anyone who calls himself a Republican when he supports Romney and Ryan and their slanders and lies? I can see not voting for some Democrat who is not good enough, but I cannot see voting for anyone who wears the label of Republican and supports the national ticket. I usually only vote for the ones I am for in my party. In the distant past I voted for halfway decent Republicans in order to defeat bad Democrats for Congress and Senate in Missouri - but that was an extreme situation after a plane crash killed the person actually nominated for the Senate, and after a 5-way primary resulted in the nomination of a rightwing Republican opportunist playboy backed by the Hunt family on the Democratic ticket - back in l976. And at that time, I even asked Bob Dole and David Treen to help good Democrats to defeat our bad Democratic candidates, by helping the nice enough Republican candidate for the House. Dole said, and I quote, of the socalled Democratic House candidate: "He's no Democrat! He raised money for CREEP!" He did not sound very friendly toward CREEP, either! and he was nominated for VP and came back to Mo to campaign for the GOP Congressional candidate.
But now there are so few GOP Congressmen who have any merit, and they would vote to put horrible persons like Issa of California in as Committee Chairman, so I would never vote for a Republican for the House or Senate, and have them support a horrible set of committee chairpersons. That is why people who think they are for Obama should have supported Democrats in 2010, or else they were as good as taking back their support for Obama because he was not a miracle worker. That would be the fault of their extremely stupid expectations, not of Obama or Democrats. The Democrats only had 60 votes in the Senate for 4 months, and that was not long enough to accomplish nearly enough.
Elections have consequences, especially legislative elections. Voting for some person because one thinks he has a nice personality - or she has a nice figure - is stupid. One should know the platform and historical record of one's political party - actually of both of them - in sufficient detail, to prefer one party - unless of course, one is so dumb or lazy or indoctrinated it is not worth the bother to know anything.
So I would want the possum to have a good staff, and a helper when it came time to vote, to push the right button. As Colbert showed with his delightful comic comment, even a horse could say neigh. and the horse would definately have a nicer personality and figure - even than Mr. Brown of Mass.
It may be a point of contention, but I trust CINOs, RINOs, DINOs, etc. far, far, far more than I trust hardliners.
know

United States

#86916 Sep 7, 2012
John 16:33 "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.".

“See how you are?”

Earth

#86917 Sep 7, 2012
know wrote:
John 16:33 "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.".
Folie deux
know

United States

#86918 Sep 7, 2012
Acts 1:3. After His suffering, He presented Himself to them and gave many convincing proofs that He was alive. He appeared to them over a period of forty days and spoke about the kingdom of God. :-)

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#86919 Sep 7, 2012
Wisdom wrote:
Please watch this video, the information is of biblical importance- please cut and paste the link and send it to those who will benefit from this knowledge. Thank you- give me just a minute or two....
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup...
Wow. Stunning work in editing that video to make it sound the way Tea Baggers want it to sound. I like how it cuts off abruptly mid-sentence to make it sound like something it isn't. Whoever edited that thing was a hardcore fundie, hell bent on making a point whether it was there or not.

Pure nonsense.
Ignorance is Dangerous

Glasgow, KY

#86920 Sep 7, 2012
Apple At Cha wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFL. For someone who thinks ignorance is dangerous, you display an awfully large amount of it.
1. Wandering eyes doesn't cause marriages to break up. Money Issues and infidelity do. Verifiable fact.
2. Being gay has NO relation to being raised by a mother only. That is also verifiable fact and debunked myth. Gays come from all family types. Looking for a "reason gays exist" to support your belief that single mothers are bad for children is just bupkis.
3. Pushing for one's rights shouldn't be a problem for anyone, UNLESS you want to continue to oppress those persons. Saying gays shouldn't seek equal rights and treatment because it will upset fundamentalists is hilarious. That is like telling a kid to just take it from the bully, because standing up for themselves may just make the bully mad.
Before making blanket characterizations, please do some thoughtful research, because ignorance really is dangerous.
All meant was having Lust doesn't help the situation, I wasn't trying to sound condemning to anyone. I was discussing the problems that Lust can cause. Not always, but it can. I wasn't trying to be extremely specific on any issue there.
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#86921 Sep 7, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I have 3 different styles of feeders, a couple with the yellow flowers. I'll keep them out there. 2 new birds this morning 1/4 the size of the regular ones.
I think I've got more than four now... Buzzing all around my house!
I opened the front door yesterday, and one buzzed upto the glass, stared right at me, hovered a bit, n split!
It was so cool!
Good luck with yours :-)
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#86922 Sep 7, 2012
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
So a bunch of Christians left out Jesus in order not to offend each other? Yeah, that makes more sense than the whole secular government thing.
Study up, n you'll see...
They were way more religious than most of you want to believe!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Garrett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Belinda Hall Rister 11 hr Nikayla 1
Stacy Terry 11 hr Htown 43
Two girls front desk of Hindman primary care 15 hr AnnoyedPatient 1
thomas jenkins 22 hr Dr Greg 17
Looking to meet new people Tue Yar 5
Eric Amburgey Tue Old Friend 3
Coon Holler Special Tue Coon Holler Special 1

Garrett Jobs

Personal Finance

Garrett Mortgages