dsd

Lexington, KY

#1 Jun 10, 2011
how depressing is this pic? tear everthing down and start over!!!!!!!!!!
tabitha wallen

Richmond, KY

#2 Jun 21, 2011
this pic was taken in 1980; the blue building in the foreground is gone, and the small blue building has been remodeled. some of the buildings aren't there anymore and other have been remodeled. i shoudl know, i live there!
interested

Georgetown, KY

#3 Sep 3, 2011
tabitha wallen wrote:
this pic was taken in 1980; the blue building in the foreground is gone, and the small blue building has been remodeled. some of the buildings aren't there anymore and other have been remodeled. i shoudl know, i live there!
the small blue building is gone too.
agreed

Waco, KY

#4 Nov 23, 2011
very. depressing
Suzie

Prague, Czech Republic

#5 Mar 7, 2012
My mother grew up in Garrett and I spent much of my time growing up there. This picture is nothing compared to the ghost town I saw there last year. Was such a cute town.....very friendly when I as growing up.
Jean Smith

Auburn, AL

#6 May 9, 2012
Google Street View has been to Front Street, Garrett, KY 41630.
Dumdoodle

Chesterfield, MO

#7 May 11, 2012
I went for a walk on the tram track across the creek from the ball field the other day. On my way back I crossed the creek and noticed a police cruser sitting in the park. I stood back and watched, it was Terry Chaffins using a pair of bernoculars to look up on Garrett Hill. Any ideas why he would be sitting in the park looking at Garrett Hill?
Tad

Robinson Creek, KY

#9 Sep 15, 2012
Dumdoodle wrote:
I went for a walk on the tram track across the creek from the ball field the other day. On my way back I crossed the creek and noticed a police cruser sitting in the park. I stood back and watched, it was Terry Chaffins using a pair of bernoculars to look up on Garrett Hill. Any ideas why he would be sitting in the park looking at Garrett Hill?
maybe he was watching freddy sel drugs
Love it

Morehead, KY

#10 Oct 11, 2012
Maybe he's just very nosey!! But he has always been like that!
lookielu

Richmond, KY

#11 Nov 1, 2012
that's weird he's usually sitting in front of Ernest's Hardware and stares up Garrett Hill, he's thinks he's a detective.....more like a joke....
winter

Williamsburg, KY

#12 Nov 15, 2012
Suzie wrote:
My mother grew up in Garrett and I spent much of my time growing up there. This picture is nothing compared to the ghost town I saw there last year. Was such a cute town.....very friendly when I as growing up.
Did you see it in winter or something? It's always looked the same... just more depressing in winter.
Suzie

Prague, Czech Republic

#13 Aug 19, 2014
winter wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you see it in winter or something? It's always looked the same... just more depressing in winter.
I came to Garrett 4-5 times a year growing up. It was a lovely place to visit. The last two times I was there (2011 and 2013) I was shocked at what had happened to Garrett. Even moreso than Garrett itself was what Jay Pritchard did to the house my mother grew up in!
Suzie

Fort Thomas, KY

#14 Nov 16, 2014
winter wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I just appreciated what Garrett was years ago. Not the stink hole it turned into in the past 30 years.
Nora

Virgie, KY

#15 Jan 28, 2015
Garrett was a great place to grow up in.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Garrett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 40 min LOL in a suit 156,501
The real reason Hwy 550 is blocked east of Mousie 16 hr lacky resident 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 23 hr Harry 753
News Country Western group honored with signs on Cou... (Jun '10) Mon Lukydub 4
david turtle Mon Stinky 2
rehab coming to knott co. (Nov '14) Sun Question 34
Pig in a poke Sun Pile It On 16

Garrett Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Garrett Mortgages