Man found dead, grandson alive after ...

Man found dead, grandson alive after night in the cold

There are 8 comments on the WISH-TV 8 Indiana News story from Feb 20, 2008, titled Man found dead, grandson alive after night in the cold. In it, WISH-TV 8 Indiana News reports that:

A search for a missing Avilla man and his autistic grandson ended with a tragic find in a field just miles from their home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WISH-TV 8 Indiana News.

Scott

Plainfield, IN

#1 Feb 20, 2008
Mr. Custer, it seems strange, you would notice a car in your plowed corn field on Monday and not investigate it???
Citizen

Washington, DC

#2 Feb 20, 2008
Too Bad--it did not get investigated sooner??

My condolences to the family.
Life is so precious and short---we need to try our best to look after each other when we can.
Teresa

Girard, OH

#3 Feb 20, 2008
Well he said he thought someone had taken a joyride. Maybe, he figured the sheriff would come and have it towed. If it was upside down or crashed in someway maybe he would have checked. Lighten up.
Scott wrote:
Mr. Custer, it seems strange, you would notice a car in your plowed corn field on Monday and not investigate it???
JasonR

Greenfield, IN

#4 Feb 20, 2008
Goes to show us how man does not care/look out for each other like we used too. Car in a field, huh-maybe I should go check that out to see if anyone is hurt or we can take Teresas attitude and let someone else do it! YOU LIGHTEN UP- Lazy,turn the cheek atiitude! People where has all the human compassion gone????
Janel

United States

#5 Feb 20, 2008
I am thankful the little boy with autism was alive and he did not leave the car. It couldve been much worse.
Scott

Plainfield, IN

#6 Feb 21, 2008
Teresa wrote:
Well he said he thought someone had taken a joyride. Maybe, he figured the sheriff would come and have it towed. If it was upside down or crashed in someway maybe he would have checked. Lighten up.
<quoted text>
LIGHTEN UP!!!!!!!!!!You must be joking....What you are saying, Ms. Teresa, is that if you had a medical problem while driving on a back road in your beloved Michigan, you would not want someone to stop and help you???? Have you no trust in mankind? Are your brain cells so frost bitten that you aren't thinking straight? Please re-think your comment.
Mike

United States

#7 Feb 23, 2008
Why hasn't the Fort Wayne journal Gazzette done a follow up story on how the cops bumbled this? They had calls from people saying the vehicle left the road at a high rate of speed! It looked like an accident to them. The dispatcher just called it a "joke"? The Indianapolis Star had to print what happened and how the cops and dispatch dropped the ball. This is sickening how the cops get a pass on this. THe local FW media is just as complicent by covering it up by not doing their reporting the full story. Here's the link to the Indy Star report.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article...

This should be reported on!
Left Wondering

Indianapolis, IN

#8 Feb 26, 2008
Yes, why hasn't there been a follow up story on this yet? Don't let this be swept under the rug, as I fear is being done. Someone needs to be held accountable.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Garrett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mark Handshoe (Jul '13) 16 hr just asking 3
Avoid the ATA McDojo... (Oct '09) May 18 CompMan73 51
Ashlee Johnson (Apr '14) May 12 bigdaddycool 10
News Former KKK leader critically injured (Jul '06) May 6 Stew on the Block 21
News State to double anesthetic given during execution (Apr '07) Apr '15 Concerned Citizen 78
anyone know max sargent (Mar '10) Apr '15 raiofsunshine 6
Rentals in Butler Apr '15 AMarler 1
More from around the web

Garrett People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]