IT Employment Suggestions

IT Employment Suggestions

Posted in the Garner Forum

Looking

United States

#1 Oct 12, 2013
I am new to the area and seeking employment. I have a degree in IT but haven't had a chance to acquire experience. Does anyone know of any places that will give me the opportunity to begin gaining experience.
IKnow

Houston, TX

#2 Nov 18, 2013
As long as you "know" someone you will get the job.
I gave up on Raleigh, NC 3 years ago after being told time, and time, again that I was "over qualified".

I hold a BS in CS with a concentration in computer programming. For some strange reason only Indians, and Koreans seem to qualify for these positions in that area. I moved out of state and landed a good paying job within 1 week!
Looking

Calhoun, TN

#3 Nov 25, 2013
I have an associates and am just a few months away from a BS. I don't know anyone and have sent out my resume to hundreds of places and can't get anywhere. I thought Raleigh would be a good area to find a job but it's not working out that way.
IT Degrees Now Worthless

Raleigh, NC

#5 Mar 12, 2014
Afraid you chose the wrong degree old buddy. IT jobs are dead in the USA. For instance over the last 10 years IBM has canned tens of thousands in the USA and now pays Indians and Chinese to do the work for about one-fifth of what they were paying US workers. If you don't believe me check out this website for a few days...

http://www.endicottalliance.org/jobcutsreport...

Or check out this thread...

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/raleigh-nc/T2...

I do hope you have not been suckered in by one of those for profit IT "schools".
Adios IT Workers

Raleigh, NC

#7 Mar 17, 2014

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Garner Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Boylan Medical in Raleigh Sep 14 Craig Dahlquist 2
Is Scotty McCreery Sep 12 errol garner 1
Where to get a good Tattoo Sep 9 wtf 2
News Mob members indicted on federal charges (Nov '08) Aug 26 Madoff Sindrome 38
NCSU Football Throws Sexual Assault Part Aug 23 Davey Dumbren 1
CREE Stock Continues Plunge (Aug '15) Aug 21 Dim Wits 10
Run Away Teenager Aug '17 Please 1

Garner Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Garner Mortgages