Raleigh bar 'rescued' by Spike TV reality show

Apr 5, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News Observer

Cashmere, a self-described "upscale nightclub and lounge," was called "a big challenge" by "Bar Rescue" host Jon Taffer, who said the club has been losing $12,000 a month.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Raleigh Investigates

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Spike TV gets Spiked.
Documentation has surfaced that there were at least four plus paid actors hired to play employees of the bar in order to get a free renovation. Actors were hired ranging from cocktail waitresses (the bar never even had waitresses, before the 1st day of shooting), to a GM that hasn't worked for the bar in @ leadt three months. The true question is who was in on the scam? Was it Cashmere, Media Flowers, or the TV production company that was in on the hoax. First time ever Jon Taft gets blindsided. The production company was busy scrambling Thursday afternoon when the story was came to light.
DT Girl

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Raleigh Investigates wrote:
Spike TV gets Spiked.
Documentation has surfaced that there were at least four plus paid actors hired to play employees of the bar in order to get a free renovation. Actors were hired ranging from cocktail waitresses (the bar never even had waitresses, before the 1st day of shooting), to a GM that hasn't worked for the bar in @ leadt three months. The true question is who was in on the scam? Was it Cashmere, Media Flowers, or the TV production company that was in on the hoax. First time ever Jon Taft gets blindsided. The production company was busy scrambling Thursday afternoon when the story was came to light.
I heard the same thing that the owner came into my girlfriends salon offering to hire girls to play waitresses etc. well can't say I'm surprised another reality show Bar Rescue is all fake.
Raleigh Bar

São Paulo, Brazil

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

I always heard that the Raleigh bar was rotten with corrupt lawyers.
Weren't you talking about Raleigh's lawyers?
Raleigh Doubt It

Levittown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

I'll believe it when I see it. I happen to know people who worked in a bar they rescued, no actors, no script. Get a clue
Aaron

Pawtucket, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

^this guys full of shit^ Consider the logistics and money it would cost to produce this show organically. Where are the episodes w/ the boring normal people who just go w/ flow and their bar is rescued w/o any TV worthy drama. I find it amazing people are willing to believe Viacom would invest money in each of these episodes w/ out the guarantee that they would have TV worthy entertainment.
TV is for entertainment, Santa Claus is more likely real than these shows not being staged. The risk of creating these shows organically clearly shows the need for them to be staged.
Gomer

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Shazaam!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Garner Discussions

Search the Garner Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 1 hr Red Square 54,916
Moving to Raleigh (Mar '06) 11 hr Sandy 462
Jehovah's Witnesses convention bigger this year Sat UNchained 2
Loan needed (Apr '13) Sat marshel 3
First Citizens Bank, Assistant VP Sharon Crabb,... (Nov '11) Jul 10 don 22
Police charge Raleigh man with heroin trafficki... (Apr '13) Jul 10 help 3
Back To Golf Course Coach Gottfried BBall Over (Mar '13) Jul 8 Red Head Coed 16
•••
•••
•••
•••

Garner Jobs

•••