garrett prince should be executed

Posted in the Garner Forum

First Prev
of 14
Next Last
justice now

Greenville, SC

#1 Jan 8, 2012
What good s he?
He's worthless scum !
Raleigh, N.C. A 17-year-old Millbrook High School student died early Saturday after the car she was riding in wrecked on Rainwater Road in Raleigh, police said.

According to investigators, passenger Elizabeth Molloy died after the driver of the car, 16-year-old Garrett Prince, lost control of his 1999 Jeep SUV and struck a tree just after 2 a.m.

The wreck report states that the Jeep was traveling 75 mph. The posted speed limit is 30 mph.
Whatever

New York, NY

#2 Jan 8, 2012
She apparently liked to go out with a boy
on drugs and a too big car for his own good.
He did not live up to his last name .
Did any of the parent's know the kids were doing
drugs?
I knew them too well

Wake Forest, NC

#3 Jan 8, 2012
Garrett's parents had been told he was using drugs.
This is not his first felony. He was charged in May with felony larceny and other charges as he literally broke into a neighborhood garage stole 2 trek bikes and sold them to play it again sports. He was given a week to return before police were involved.
When his mother found out about charges she called trying to pay off victim to not press charges.
She promised to put him in rehab. However after 3 weeks in rehab he failed a drug test he ran away and his mother lehisar stay out.
Liz was just a good girl going down a bad path, sad thing, the "best friend" is staying true to her boyfriend as she did with his last felony and lost A friend because being loyal to a loser scum bag is better. Although checkout her record she has had previous possession charges along with a DUI. FYI there is an assistant principal at millbrook that had been informed of garretts drug use. Ignorance is bliss.
millbrook junior

Durham, NC

#4 Jan 8, 2012
As a bestfriend of erin and liz and a friend of garrett prince. What gives you the right to be posting this online? You have no idea what you are talking about. Erins charges are NOT her fault one bit. She was not driving when she got her DUI. She was simply sitting in her car with her keys in the ignition. And for you to say that garrett should be executed?... are you God? Who are you to make theese comments? Its terrible. And to put in quotations "best friend" Liz Molloy really is Erins best friend. they were inseperable. And for Garrett, I know the owners of the bikes and I was around through the entire process, he was just simply there when they were stolen. He was an accessory. He CONFESSED and sold out his friend that was with him. Garrett and Erin and Liz are not bad people AT ALL! They just made bad choices. It breaks my heart and all of the millbrook familys heart to see things like this on the internet. saying ignorance is bliss... honestly you are being very ignorant yourself. You think you know everthing by what you hear online or what you see on the news. But you dont. You have no clue at all. so cool you can google some facts but you have no clue the stories behind them. It hurts so much to hear this... SO much! we are doing all we can as a student body to get through this and do not need the press and people like you thinking they know everything. please stop.
an observer

Charlotte, NC

#5 Jan 8, 2012
It's too bad someone had to die, but I wish it was the driver instead of the passenger if someone had to go. The good thing is he'll spend the next 10 years (minimum) behind bars.
Millbrook student

Raleigh, NC

#6 Jan 8, 2012
The post by "I knew them too well" is the most ignorant writing I have ever read. Obviously, you were completely wrong in your judgement because "millbrook junior" corrected every accusation you stated. Your comment of the '"best friend" is staying true to her boyfriend' is so unbelievably distorted: 1) Liz was Erin's best friend. Not "best friend". Her best friend. 2)She is supporting her boyfriend through this tragedy. Garrett, in no way, meant for this to happen. It was a terrible, terrible accident. 3)We all are praying for Garrett and his family. As much as we wish this never happened, it did. Pointing fingers and posting vulgar messages will not make this disaster go away. Please keep Liz, the Molloy family, and her friends in your prayers, along with Garrett and the Prince family. Thank you.
Red

Wake Forest, NC

#7 Jan 8, 2012
Sad -- we all make bad choices when we're young. This young man and this young girl got clipped. Someone's life will be saved by this tragedy. It's a shame, but it takes a high profile loss to get folk's attention. That young man driving really fouled up. I've gotten alot of traction with my two kids out of this unfortunate (but typical) event.

Sad.
Hoot

Wake Forest, NC

#8 Jan 8, 2012
What dope drives 1) drunk, and 2) at 75 mph in a jeep SUV thru a residential hood? This kid made a rookie mistake. Was the girl wearing a seatbelt? Speechless -- misery for all.
Child Please

Wake Forest, NC

#9 Jan 8, 2012
millbrook junior wrote:
As a bestfriend of erin and liz and a friend of garrett prince. What gives you the right to be posting this online? You have no idea what you are talking about. Erins charges are NOT her fault one bit. She was not driving when she got her DUI. She was simply sitting in her car with her keys in the ignition. And for you to say that garrett should be executed?... are you God? Who are you to make theese comments? Its terrible. And to put in quotations "best friend" Liz Molloy really is Erins best friend. they were inseperable. And for Garrett, I know the owners of the bikes and I was around through the entire process, he was just simply there when they were stolen. He was an accessory. He CONFESSED and sold out his friend that was with him. Garrett and Erin and Liz are not bad people AT ALL! They just made bad choices. It breaks my heart and all of the millbrook familys heart to see things like this on the internet. saying ignorance is bliss... honestly you are being very ignorant yourself. You think you know everthing by what you hear online or what you see on the news. But you dont. You have no clue at all. so cool you can google some facts but you have no clue the stories behind them. It hurts so much to hear this... SO much! we are doing all we can as a student body to get through this and do not need the press and people like you thinking they know everything. please stop.
I agree with your comment "You don't know everything & You have no clue to the stories behind them". SO, what story would cover or explain his charges (THIS TIME) provisional DWI, careless and reckless driving, having an open container of spirituous liquor, speeding and possession of marijuana. SO where did he get the liquor at 16. Charges should be filed on that person as well.
Child Please

Wake Forest, NC

#10 Jan 8, 2012
Millbrook student wrote:
The post by "I knew them too well" is the most ignorant writing I have ever read. Obviously, you were completely wrong in your judgement because "millbrook junior" corrected every accusation you stated. Your comment of the '"best friend" is staying true to her boyfriend' is so unbelievably distorted: 1) Liz was Erin's best friend. Not "best friend". Her best friend. 2)She is supporting her boyfriend through this tragedy. Garrett, in no way, meant for this to happen. It was a terrible, terrible accident. 3)We all are praying for Garrett and his family. As much as we wish this never happened, it did. Pointing fingers and posting vulgar messages will not make this disaster go away. Please keep Liz, the Molloy family, and her friends in your prayers, along with Garrett and the Prince family. Thank you.
What part of it was a ACCIDENT?? Him drinking at 16 or driving after driving or the 75 in 30 or the open container liquor or possession of marijuana?? Just asking...
hmmm

Greensboro, NC

#11 Jan 9, 2012
Child Please wrote:
<quoted text>
What part of it was a ACCIDENT?? Him drinking at 16 or driving after driving or the 75 in 30 or the open container liquor or possession of marijuana?? Just asking...
The accident was Liz getting in the Jeep.
Bruno Marz

Wake Forest, NC

#12 Jan 9, 2012
Was she wearing a seat belt?
wow

Raleigh, NC

#13 Jan 9, 2012
Millbrook student wrote:
The post by "I knew them too well" is the most ignorant writing I have ever read. Obviously, you were completely wrong in your judgement because "millbrook junior" corrected every accusation you stated. Your comment of the '"best friend" is staying true to her boyfriend' is so unbelievably distorted: 1) Liz was Erin's best friend. Not "best friend". Her best friend. 2)She is supporting her boyfriend through this tragedy. Garrett, in no way, meant for this to happen. It was a terrible, terrible accident. 3)We all are praying for Garrett and his family. As much as we wish this never happened, it did. Pointing fingers and posting vulgar messages will not make this disaster go away. Please keep Liz, the Molloy family, and her friends in your prayers, along with Garrett and the Prince family. Thank you.
It's pretty ignorant to say garrett didnt mean for this to happen, he was intentionally going down rainwater at 75 mph after ingesting shot after shot after shot 15+ shots of vodka before hand
Although people do make mistakes, there is a difference between a mistake and intentionally recklessly endangering somone elses
ife as well as your own, goin down rainwater rd. wasted with a passenger at 75 mph (take a look at the curve where he recked on bellchasse and rainwater)
This kid was known to drive around speeding while drunk, many people have told me he's done it with them in the car and would never ride with him again, people have told me how he's pulled up to cookout in his car and passed out from drinking against his driver side window soon after
wow

Raleigh, NC

#14 Jan 9, 2012
he shouldnt be executed, he should think about this everyday in his cell for the next however long hes going to be in there
Senior at MHS

Raleigh, NC

#15 Jan 9, 2012
hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
The accident was Liz getting in the Jeep.
I have no reason to believe she got in the Jeep by "accident". She also doesn't have the cleanest reputation, contrary to what some may think. I have reason to believe she was probably drinking as well, and was not in a mindset to make the decision of whether to get in the car or not.
speechless

United States

#16 Jan 9, 2012
Child Please wrote:
<quoted text>
What part of it was a ACCIDENT?? Him drinking at 16 or driving after driving or the 75 in 30 or the open container liquor or possession of marijuana?? Just asking...
All your comments are ignorant you should just stop because this isn't a time to be pointing fingers. Obviously.
Raleigh Mom

Raleigh, NC

#17 Jan 9, 2012
Senior at MHS, seriously? You're going to disparage a young woman's "reputation" not 3 days after her tragic death at the hands of a classmate? I'm a mother of three, two of whom are teens, and this is heartwrenching for any parent. Though I didn't know these kids nor their families, I can tell you that as a 16 or 17 year old, I made many terrible mistakes. Neither of these kids had the luxury of time to let their brains mature to the point that impulse control, judgment and experience could come fully in to play. Yes, there were prior run-ins, a history of drinking, drugs, etc. Yes, parents may very well be culpable for not having intervened sooner. But you gain nothing in this discussion by reducing this boy or this girl to having bad character - bad judgment, absolutely! But character and discernment take time. When I look at this kid's face I realize what a young kid we're talking about here. He'll pay dearly and the memory of this night will never leave him. Vindictiveness may feel good in the moment, and we all want to see justice done, but for the sake of an intelligent and truly helpful discussion, let us not forget human compassion and kindness. Children make mistakes. That's what makes them children.
Raleigh Grandmother

Raleigh, NC

#18 Jan 9, 2012
I feel terrible for the parents of Liz however, Garrett's parents were and are still in denial about their son. They should have gotten him help a long, long time ago. Why weren't his keys taken away after all the problems he has had? Why did he still have a car? They should have been taking him to and from school. With all the trouble he has been in he should have been on restrictions all the time. He was not to be driving after 9PM, where were his parent's? Even though he was at fault so are his parent's. If these kids were drinking in another friend's house where were these parent's? And, why are 16 and 17 year old children out till 2AM? A very big tragedy but, hopefully, some of Liz and Garrett's friends will learn a lesson from this as well as all teens. Garrett being in jail is the best place for him so he can sober up. He will have to relive this forever.
raleigh teen

Knightdale, NC

#19 Jan 9, 2012
Okay, he obviously didn't think that anything was going to go wrong. "We're invincible, no one will catch us. It'll be okay, we'll be home in no time" Most teenagers think that, even I do. And the fact that he didn't get any consequences for his prior actions just reiterates the idea that "we won't get caught, we won't get in trouble". We learn by the examples that are set before us, we don't come into this world knowing everything. Yes, most of us know right from wrong, but the thing is, sometimes we don't care unless we know a consequence will come. The consequence weighs heavier than the action itself (okay, that may have made no sense... but whatever).
Point is, we all make mistakes. Some mistakes just end up with a tragedy just like this. Just because it ended deadly doesn't mean he deserves to executed... that statement was very ignorant. Am I defending his actions? No. Is anyone at fault here? Yes. But it doesn't matter now. All that matters is that we pray that this kid sobers up, and the pain doesn't eat him alive.
wtf

Anderson, IN

#20 Jan 9, 2012
Cmon people he is just a kid, it's not like he murdered her. It was a terrible accident, I am sure the kid feels absolutely terrible about it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Garner Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fear of 'resegregation' fuels unrest in NC (Jul '10) 12 hr Anonymous 40
Great News For The Homeless 13 hr Tycoon 1
Political Ads are War on Truth in the Decline a... 14 hr Culture Auditor 1
Adulterer Bill Clinton to Stump for Kay Hagan 14 hr Rielle Hunter 5
Tar Heels Sports Cheating Scandal Thu UCONN FAN 2
Edwards asked aide to claim paternity, sources say (Sep '09) Oct 27 Tyler 3
Review: Profloors, Inc Oct 20 Brendam 1
Garner Dating
Find my Match

Garner People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Garner News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Garner

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]