Durham, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2010

Judged:

If you are looking for a great, AFFORDABLE, place to take your car, you need to check these guys out. Was very nice to have everything explained to me in terms I could understand, and make sure everybody was on the same page before any work was done. There price for my major transmission overhaul couldnt be beat. Saved me on average $800 from the closest "major" chain repair center. Couldnt be happier with the service and the price. Especially around Christmas time, it was refreshing to find an affordable repair center that didnt hit my wallet so hard. Would recommend these guys to anybody in need of auto repair service.
Amy N

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2010

Judged:

After our transmission suddenly went out we were absolutely horrified and worried that we were not going to be able to drive our car again! After calling several places in the Raleigh area we were shocked at the prices people were charging to replace the transmission or rebuild it. Thank GOD we found Todd Goodman, owner of Affordable Transmission on Capital Blvd, he was so sympathetic and understanding. He promised to help us and he sure did!!! Unlike anybody else he didn't just give us a quote over the phone, simply because it is impossible to evaluate a cost of a repair until the experts look at the transmission and perform a diagnosis. Todd and his great team of experts did just that and saved us a lot of money! We received an outstanding service, the car was out of his shop in 24 hours we paid a fraction of what anybody else would have charged us and we made a new friend!! If you need a great place to fix your car, trust that Affordable Transmission is the right place for you!!
I know that from now on, no one else will care for my car but Affordable Transmission!!
Amy
Lisa

Apex, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2011

Judged:

Hands Down and By Far The Best and Most AFfordable
Service in the Area!! Had my Transmission Rebuilt, as well as, New Brakes and Rotors Replaced and couldn't Be Happier with the Job they Did!! Their Superior Service, Affordability, and Expertise Knowledge is Top-Notch and Unmatched, not to mention the Honesty and Integrity of the Owner, Todd Goodman!! I have Finally found a Place that I
can Trust and Rely on and Will Take All My Cars to
Todd from Here on Out!!

I just want to say, "Thank you Affordable Transmission for your Impeccable Service and for
a Job Well Done!"
Jacquie

Apex, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2011

Judged:

Outstanding Service and Quality, as well as, Affordability is what you will get with Affordable Transmission!! Took my car in while home over the holidays for a tune up, and thank goodness Todd discovered that I needed a new clutch for my Mustang as I would have probably been stranded along side of the road somewhere!! He had it fixed and ready to go in no time. And much to my delight, when I went to pick up my car, extra time had been taken to clean out the inside of my car, and to make it smell real good too!! That really made my day!

I couldn't have been happier with Affordable Transmission, and I want Todd Goodman and his staff to know that they have a customer in life out of me!!
CHRISTIAN

Fountain Inn, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2011

Judged:

I've been doing most of my own auto repair since I was 16 and am smart enough to know when something is beyond me. I am also knowledgeable enough to know when a mehanic is trying to rip me off. I bought a used Mazda after my car was totaled and within a month the check engine light came on and the car wasn't shifting into gear correctly. I took it to another local shop and they told me I needed a total rebuild and quoted me about $3000. I then went to Affordable Transmission on Capital an talked to Todd. His guys checked it out and informed me the Transmission wasn't the problem; it was a fuel management issue. I repaired it myself and didn't pay them a cent. However, when I had suspension problems I took it to Todd when I couldn't figure it out. After he quoted me a price, I called around to make sure it was fair and it absolutely was. Todd will not BS you and will charge a fair price. There's a reason his shop is always jam packed... Because he's a fair mechanic. Which until now I thought was an oxymoron.
JG - Raleigh

Wake Forest, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2011

Judged:

When the trans in my Voyager went, I was scrambling to find the right place to do the job.... After scouring the internet I decided to go with Affordable Transmissions in Raleigh. Charley seemed authentically interested in wanting to help me, versus the other businesses I spoke with who simply said "Yeah bring it by we'll check it out." I had it towed on a Monday night and I was contacted the next morning, made me feel good that it was looked at immediately! Considering they had to acquire a used trans to rebuild because mine was destroyed, their pricing was extremely fair and the turn around was more than I ever could have hoped for. Charley has been doing transmissions for 45 years, letting anyone else rebuild your transmission just doesn't make sense! Todd, the owner, was extremely friendly and instructed me to return in 30 days to give it a visual inspection for good measure.. I hope I never have to pay to have another transmission rebuilt, but if I do this is where it gets done!

Since: Nov 10

Apex, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Ed Spivey wrote:
This place is full of clowns and funkies. They ruined my Ferrari's transmission. What a bunch of goofs.
We don't work on Ferrari's so I can't imagine who you are talking about.
Diane Vee

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Had a check engine light on!! Took my car here and they took me in right away and explained what was wrong!! It was very affordable and painless
JustMe

Greenville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2013

I was taken for over $2000 and am still paying for repairs where they messed up my transmission. They had my car for over 3 months and it was still not right when I got it back. I had to dish out another almost $900 the week after I got it back for their mistake. It is sad only good reviews are going out there. This place is not professional, treat people wrong, and then act like they have done nothing wrong. I would make a list, but there are not enough characters allowed in this area. They lack respect, customer service, common sense, and even have contradicted themselves on more than one occasion, and sickens me that they think they can get away with it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Garner Discussions

Search the Garner Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 6 min Red Square 55,712
Anyone remember ICQ? 12 hr Jp-Man 2
angel gonzalez 18 hr him 1
How's the weather Jul 21 PaulMarks601 1
Blue Cross To Offer Gay NC Couples Family Policies Jul 21 WasteWater 11
Jehovah's Witnesses convention bigger this year Jul 20 Wang 16
Loan needed (Apr '13) Jul 20 Eric 5
•••
•••
•••
•••

Garner Jobs

•••