Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

“Breaking the spell”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#36148 Feb 16, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
oops, didn't say the contract wasn't signed, your words.....
So if no contract, why more work?

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#36149 Feb 16, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you're full of sh$t. You're telling me about running a business and never heard of comp time. RIGHT!!! Tell me some more what I don't know dummy head.
Comp time is not manditory. No need to know. I never ran a business on my own. Ever heard of a team? I never employed anyone on a salary.
You keep trying to make this all personal. Stick to the points and substance and stay out of my business.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#36150 Feb 16, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say the contract was signed, your words not mine, just you assuming. When you're dealing with the government and military contracts and unlike in the past when contractors broke hoe handles off in the government's butt, that doesn't happen anymore. Getting contracts require specifics to the nth degree because of the decrease in the military. So allow me to ask, do you think AGAIN contractors should take advantage of the government and the taxpayers by hiring more workers than needed when all any company had to do was up the overtime for a while? I think when parts for our military are being designed and made, it is a big deal and contract. I know it's not as important as slopping beer in a bar as you do, so your contribution to our military will be free beer on the house if they make it back. Geez.
I think working people overtime costs more than hiring new people. So I am not sure why you assume some wrongdoings are going down if we do not do what you think should be done.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#36151 Feb 16, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say the contract was signed, your words not mine, just you assuming. When you're dealing with the government and military contracts and unlike in the past when contractors broke hoe handles off in the government's butt, that doesn't happen anymore. Getting contracts require specifics to the nth degree because of the decrease in the military. So allow me to ask, do you think AGAIN contractors should take advantage of the government and the taxpayers by hiring more workers than needed when all any company had to do was up the overtime for a while? I think when parts for our military are being designed and made, it is a big deal and contract. I know it's not as important as slopping beer in a bar as you do, so your contribution to our military will be free beer on the house if they make it back. Geez.
I am pretty sure the government is hoping new people will be hired upon giving a company a big new contract.
Strange how your example did not. Face it, your story is not holding up well.

“Vote”

Since: May 12

Houston

#36152 Feb 16, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>I think working people overtime costs more than hiring new people. So I am not sure why you assume some wrongdoings are going down if we do not do what you think should be done.
Mike I do believe it costs more to hire and train new people, and then of course to provide insurance...

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#36153 Feb 16, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
My contribution to our military was serving in it. How dare you complain ingrate. I guess you do not deserve to be protected as you have complained. By your reasoning.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#36154 Feb 16, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Still waiting? If no contract, what extra work did your friend do?

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#36155 Feb 16, 2013
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
how tough was prison?
Never been, you tell me? I see you here, yet are running from so many questions. What a chicken shit you are.
Is this Gail? If not, you sure act like it.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#36156 Feb 16, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>I am pretty sure the government is hoping new people will be hired upon giving a company a big new contract.
Strange how your example did not. Face it, your story is not holding up well.
Face it Mike, you can twist a story eight ways to Sunday if I post it. You're so uneducated about running a business it's pathetic. When you didn't understand comp time, I knew you were a lost cause. How about this, the government sees that hiring more people than are needed with the exception of occasional overtime would be a waste AGAIN of the taxpayers' money. Of course, you don't understand because you think everybody should get something for nothing and that includes being hired for a job when there's no need. Kind of like affirmative action for the lazy.

My story is holding up fine, it's your reasoning that is lacking.

Location hidden

#36157 Feb 16, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>My contribution to our military was serving in it. How dare you complain ingrate. I guess you do not deserve to be protected as you have complained. By your reasoning.
I don't want to be protected by someone by the likes of you. When you bragged about your time in the military was drinking plenty of of coffee and have 30 days vacation time. When the heck would you do this protecting, after your coffee break or after your vacation?

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#36158 Feb 16, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Mike I do believe it costs more to hire and train new people, and then of course to provide insurance...
It could cost a bit if you have a lot of training to be done.
But really, could this be a big government contract if no jobs need to be created? I find this highly doubtful. The story is full of holes.
Also, this points to the claims the republicans keep making about job growth. If the businesses are reluctant to hire even when handed a big new contract, what is their point about allowing a business to have lower taxes to hire more?
Fact is, they hourd the money saved or earned. They do not hire until bursting at the seams.
If not for overtime laws and the sort, many more would never be hired.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#36159 Feb 16, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Face it Mike, you can twist a story eight ways to Sunday if I post it. You're so uneducated about running a business it's pathetic. When you didn't understand comp time, I knew you were a lost cause. How about this, the government sees that hiring more people than are needed with the exception of occasional overtime would be a waste AGAIN of the taxpayers' money. Of course, you don't understand because you think everybody should get something for nothing and that includes being hired for a job when there's no need. Kind of like affirmative action for the lazy.
My story is holding up fine, it's your reasoning that is lacking.
Fine, just do not call your example a "big new contract". It is clearly not big, if it is even a contract. A big contract could not be fullfilled by one salaried employee working a bit more. Face it, your example was a lie, or at least very exaggerated for effect.
It might have been a small order of goods by the government and your pal handled the small order on his very own. The business made a bit of extra money and no one got paid extra. They were likely very happy.

Location hidden

#36160 Feb 16, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>It could cost a bit if you have a lot of training to be done.
But really, could this be a big government contract if no jobs need to be created? I find this highly doubtful. The story is full of holes.
Also, this points to the claims the republicans keep making about job growth. If the businesses are reluctant to hire even when handed a big new contract, what is their point about allowing a business to have lower taxes to hire more?
Fact is, they hourd the money saved or earned. They do not hire until bursting at the seams.
Poor Mike, you still don't understand your "boss" screwed you all those years you thought you were a salaried employed and you're just now figuring it out. Did you not understand being salaried means you make more money than an hourly worker and overtime is converted to comp time? Tell me again about running a business?????

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#36161 Feb 16, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't want to be protected by someone by the likes of you. When you bragged about your time in the military was drinking plenty of of coffee and have 30 days vacation time. When the heck would you do this protecting, after your coffee break or after your vacation?
Not bragging about how well our military treated me at all.
By your twisted logic, if someone drinks coffee at work and gets some paid comp time, they are useless.
Guess your pal in the example today is just a useless shit?
You do realize it does not take all day to drink a cup of coffee, right?

You do not get to pick and choose who is protecting our country. Don't like it? To damned bad. Go live in some other country then.

BTW, I cashed in thirty days comp time in my service to this great country you seem to hate. I still love coffee.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#36162 Feb 16, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
So if someone is not complaining about his job, you bitch about someone bragging about his job? Damned if you do and damned if you don't with you. Ingrateful hypocrite.
You are a walking contradiction. That is, if you ever walk.

Location hidden

#36163 Feb 16, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>It could cost a bit if you have a lot of training to be done.
One more thing you don't understand. Effciency is a vital role for companies to acquire contracts by anyone. If a company tries to bilk someone seeking their services for a job let's say 5 people can do, but we'll charge them for 10 and then other bids come in with only needing 5 people, then guess what, you're not gonna get the job. It's a win/win situation for those already employed that want or need overtime and if they're not willing, then take their overtime hire, train and pay the benefits for a new worker and it will equal out.

Location hidden

#36164 Feb 16, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>Not bragging about how well our military treated me at all.
By your twisted logic, if someone drinks coffee at work and gets some paid comp time, they are useless.
Guess your pal in the example today is just a useless shit?
You do realize it does not take all day to drink a cup of coffee, right?
You do not get to pick and choose who is protecting our country. Don't like it? To damned bad. Go live in some other country then.
BTW, I cashed in thirty days comp time in my service to this great country you seem to hate. I still love coffee.
I intend to live another country, got that one covered.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#36165 Feb 16, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor Mike, you still don't understand your "boss" screwed you all those years you thought you were a salaried employed and you're just now figuring it out. Did you not understand being salaried means you make more money than an hourly worker and overtime is converted to comp time? Tell me again about running a business?????
Evidently you did not read your own link. Do the math of how much a person can be salaried and yet still be worked to the point of making less than minimum wage.
I made the same week in and week out, no matter how many hours I worked.
Either that or your post is just making a senseless joke.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#36166 Feb 16, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Read your link. No comp time is manditory no matter how many hours the salaried employee works. Prove me wrong if you can.

Do bosses screw their employees? Yes, every chance they can(in many cases). The bosses know it is not easy getting new jobs, so they take advantage. They know if no law prevents them from taking advantage, they will likely get away with taking advantage. This is why our government stepped in to make labor laws. Of course your team opposed them all.

Location hidden

#36167 Feb 16, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Mike I do believe it costs more to hire and train new people, and then of course to provide insurance...
Thanks Waco for beating me to the punch!:) It's evident that Mike has never owned a buisness or he wouldn't make such stupid comments!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Garner Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
McDonalds is Hiring Coach Gottfried Feb 22 Ronald McDonald 2
News "ICE" Facility Downtown Worries Residents (May '12) Feb 21 Fed up 14
Congratulations Coach K 1000 Cans Black Shoe Po... (Jan '15) Feb 19 KIWI Shoe Polish 3
Garner Music Thread (Jun '14) Nov '16 Musikologist 5
News Editorial: What does McCrory have against solar... (Feb '16) Feb '16 Solarman 1
"RINO" Burr (Dec '15) Dec '15 JB Buttsavage 2
Please locate Craig Lyons (Dec '15) Dec '15 Wee 3

Garner Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Garner Mortgages