emlu

London, UK

#36135 Feb 16, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> I'm checking several leads.Before I give money and time, its wise to make sure its legit.
I thought you said you didn't have any money. Didn't you tell us all 2 days ago that you were in the trenches. You either have money or you don't. Which one is it.

“Breaking the spell”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#36136 Feb 16, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever heard of comp time? Most salaried people don't make time and a half, they're given comp time i.e. extra days off with pay. I was a salaried worker, made good money and was always satisfied with comp time. Who doesn't like extra days off with pay?
I have heard of comp time, yet was a salaried employee for quite some time and never got any.
I went a decade with not a single week off. I did manage to convince the boss to give me one day off that would have been a normal work day. Once in ten years. He acted as if I was taking advantage of him. It was nice to see the relatives and actually be there on the day of the wedding.

How dare I complain?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#36137 Feb 16, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>Then why is your friend bitching? By your reasoning, he should just do the work and shut the hell up.
I see you are still not answering the million dollar question. Why would the business not just hire upon getting a big new contract?
Can you not read? I gave you the answer about why they didn't hire new worker. I guess he's bitching because when people are given the opportunity to increase their pay and don't want to do the work to do it, it can be frustrating to hear them bitch about not having enough money. Mike, get in the real world, it's called WORK for a reason, it's work. Do you think the owner of the company should just give them money and let them do nothing for it? He should fire them and give the jobs to people that will appreciate the privilege of having a job.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#36138 Feb 16, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
What you fail to see is that he, as TSF put it in his example, was asked/told and willing to work. Instead of hiring new people for a new contract that depends on our government and well we know how that goes, he offered to give the extra work to those already working. Would if have been wiser to have hired new workers, making what those already there are and cut out extra money for those that were willing and wanted to work overtime or would it have been more prudent to make sure the government contract indeed stayed intact instead of maybe having to lay off new workers? I believe you will agree that when you deal with the government and the way they play willy nilly with contracts and the such, it's better to be safe than sorry.
I am confused. If the contract was not signed,why did he have to work more?
If you are going to lie about your story, at least try to make it have some sense.

So what if the workers did not want to do extra work? Maybe they do not need the extra money. Are you saying the employer should not pay them well so they must always take extra hours if he wants the to do so?
If your pal could handle the extra work, it does not sound like it was much extra work anyways. If he could do all this extra work, was his workload that small to start? Maybe Allen was right, he was just sitting around drinking coffee.

This contract does not sound so big, nor sounds like a contract.

Location hidden

#36139 Feb 16, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>I have heard of comp time, yet was a salaried employee for quite some time and never got any.
I went a decade with not a single week off. I did manage to convince the boss to give me one day off that would have been a normal work day. Once in ten years. He acted as if I was taking advantage of him. It was nice to see the relatives and actually be there on the day of the wedding.
How dare I complain?
Here, this might help you:

http://www.ehow.com/info_8581656_exempt-emplo...

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#36140 Feb 16, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you not read? I gave you the answer about why they didn't hire new worker. I guess he's bitching because when people are given the opportunity to increase their pay and don't want to do the work to do it, it can be frustrating to hear them bitch about not having enough money. Mike, get in the real world, it's called WORK for a reason, it's work. Do you think the owner of the company should just give them money and let them do nothing for it? He should fire them and give the jobs to people that will appreciate the privilege of having a job.
I do not recall the claim of bitching about making extra money and not taking the extra hours. I recall the claim of they should help the business.
You said they get paid well. So if they get paid so well, I doubt they would really be bitching about not getting paid enough.
Maybe what you think is good pay is not good pay?

Your story is full of holes.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#36141 Feb 16, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>I have heard of comp time, yet was a salaried employee for quite some time and never got any.
How dare I complain?
how tough was prison?

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#36142 Feb 16, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
"He should fire them and give the jobs to people that will appreciate the privilege of having a job."

I seriously doubt these people do not appreciate their job. And complaining once in a while does not mean you have no appreciation for your job. So black and white aren't we?

Have you ever once complained about something at your job? Did it mean you had no appreciation for your job? Should you have been fired for that complaint? Get real. You live in la la land.

I am sure if the boss fired everyone for not working overtime and complaining a bit, he would not be in business very long. Clearly you have never run a business.

People complain, welcome to humanity. I am pretty sure we all are complaining daily on Topix.

“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#36143 Feb 16, 2013
Emlu, when did you move to the UK? You should have told me! Gail has been sending me all the money she's made from her prostitution work! She made three hundred dollars in five years! I'm donating it to"lobby reform in America"!

Location hidden

#36144 Feb 16, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>I am confused. If the contract was not signed,why did he have to work more?
If you are going to lie about your story, at least try to make it have some sense.
So what if the workers did not want to do extra work? Maybe they do not need the extra money. Are you saying the employer should not pay them well so they must always take extra hours if he wants the to do so?
If your pal could handle the extra work, it does not sound like it was much extra work anyways. If he could do all this extra work, was his workload that small to start? Maybe Allen was right, he was just sitting around drinking coffee.
This contract does not sound so big, nor sounds like a contract.
I didn't say the contract was signed, your words not mine, just you assuming. When you're dealing with the government and military contracts and unlike in the past when contractors broke hoe handles off in the government's butt, that doesn't happen anymore. Getting contracts require specifics to the nth degree because of the decrease in the military. So allow me to ask, do you think AGAIN contractors should take advantage of the government and the taxpayers by hiring more workers than needed when all any company had to do was up the overtime for a while? I think when parts for our military are being designed and made, it is a big deal and contract. I know it's not as important as slopping beer in a bar as you do, so your contribution to our military will be free beer on the house if they make it back. Geez.

Location hidden

#36145 Feb 16, 2013
oops, didn't say the contract wasn't signed, your words.....

Location hidden

#36146 Feb 16, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>I do not recall the claim of bitching about making extra money and not taking the extra hours. I recall the claim of they should help the business.
You said they get paid well. So if they get paid so well, I doubt they would really be bitching about not getting paid enough.
Maybe what you think is good pay is not good pay?
Your story is full of holes.
No, you're full of sh$t. You're telling me about running a business and never heard of comp time. RIGHT!!! Tell me some more what I don't know dummy head.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#36147 Feb 16, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Here, this might help you:
http://www.ehow.com/info_8581656_exempt-emplo...
Ok so this shows me all of my overtime worked that equaled to be less than minimum wage was legal for my employer to do.
Of course the employer is likely to take advantage of his employees if he can. This is why we have to have labor laws. Yet you republicans bitch about them all.

So if in your example the buddy of yours did get comp time, what is the problem other than the company could have hired someone to help and thus helped the economy?
Oh, that is right, you just are upset someone ever complained about something. Get real.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#36148 Feb 16, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
oops, didn't say the contract wasn't signed, your words.....
So if no contract, why more work?

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#36149 Feb 16, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you're full of sh$t. You're telling me about running a business and never heard of comp time. RIGHT!!! Tell me some more what I don't know dummy head.
Comp time is not manditory. No need to know. I never ran a business on my own. Ever heard of a team? I never employed anyone on a salary.
You keep trying to make this all personal. Stick to the points and substance and stay out of my business.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#36150 Feb 16, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say the contract was signed, your words not mine, just you assuming. When you're dealing with the government and military contracts and unlike in the past when contractors broke hoe handles off in the government's butt, that doesn't happen anymore. Getting contracts require specifics to the nth degree because of the decrease in the military. So allow me to ask, do you think AGAIN contractors should take advantage of the government and the taxpayers by hiring more workers than needed when all any company had to do was up the overtime for a while? I think when parts for our military are being designed and made, it is a big deal and contract. I know it's not as important as slopping beer in a bar as you do, so your contribution to our military will be free beer on the house if they make it back. Geez.
I think working people overtime costs more than hiring new people. So I am not sure why you assume some wrongdoings are going down if we do not do what you think should be done.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#36151 Feb 16, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
I am pretty sure the government is hoping new people will be hired upon giving a company a big new contract.
Strange how your example did not. Face it, your story is not holding up well.

“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#36152 Feb 16, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>I think working people overtime costs more than hiring new people. So I am not sure why you assume some wrongdoings are going down if we do not do what you think should be done.
Mike I do believe it costs more to hire and train new people, and then of course to provide insurance...

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#36153 Feb 16, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
My contribution to our military was serving in it. How dare you complain ingrate. I guess you do not deserve to be protected as you have complained. By your reasoning.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#36154 Feb 16, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Still waiting? If no contract, what extra work did your friend do?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Garner Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NAACP pickets at Roses store, protests GOP poli... (Dec '13) 1 hr ftmoore 55
Review: Profloors, Inc 1 hr Brendam 1
Send KayHag Obama Back Home 21 hr Wabash Tsunami 6
Interacial Dating... Sun Waffl3s 1
What Party is Clay Aikins Running For (Jan '14) Sat Pitcher or Catcher 5
Gay Marriage Causes Brown Sheet Shortage Sat Pitcher or Catcher 3
garrett prince should be executed (Jan '12) Sat Bend Over Garrett 268
Garner Dating
Find my Match

Garner Jobs