Nursing home massacre probed

Investigators are looking into whether a gunman accused of killing eight people in a North Carolina nursing home yesterday may have targeted the facility because his estranged wife worked there, police said this morning. Full Story
Well

Shelton, CT

#1 Mar 30, 2009
Now that's a first class COWARD for you. Going after people that are so defensless.
CARL

Franklin Square, NY

#2 Mar 30, 2009
Nursing homes are the devil's care center, some employees there look crazy, like Jason from the movie "Friday the 13th" GOD have mercy on the poor people there!...
Ernie

Franklin Square, NY

#3 Mar 30, 2009
They are better off dead than so called living in a nursing homes. being taken care by marijuana smokers, drug dealers and homosexuals abusing the poor and helpless seniors!
Well

Shelton, CT

#4 Mar 30, 2009
Ernie wrote:
They are better off dead than so called living in a nursing homes. being taken care by marijuana smokers, drug dealers and homosexuals abusing the poor and helpless seniors!
Dying naturally is one thing, being murdered is another. They should not have been murdered.
linda-williamswr ight

Milford, MA

#5 Apr 1, 2009
my heart grieves for the resident, and family. our job as, nurses, and nursing aides is to keep our resodent safe, when something like this happens, it makes you feel so helpless, and non productive, the resident become our family, and you think who would want to hurt such dear soul, only someone who does not understand what a gift they are. but this is the society, we are living in, these people made their conturbution to society, at a time when work was hard, they were someone mother, father sister brother, uncle auntie, that man cannot realize, how precious life is and all the family members he affected, good job to the police officer, who has a heart, good bless all the family left behind, im so sorry for your lost, may God speed, and supply to all of you, your need
linda-williamswr ight

Milford, MA

#6 Apr 1, 2009
i was reading the comments earlier, and would like to say that not everyone working at a nursing home is crazy, i have been a nursing assistant for over thirty year, it is my calling from the lord, there is not a day go by, that i do not learn something from the resident, i am also a minister, and counselor, i lay gentle hands on those i watch over, i pray for those, who wish to pray, i listen to those who cry, because they no longer see family like they would want to, i am family to those forgotten, there are critera to lok for when placing family member, if you feel as if your family is in a bad place, then remember you put them there, and if you were visible, and a part of their care as well as their life you would know what is going on with them, as for them being better off dead, than in a nursing home, thank God you are not the author of life, to the resident and me, any life is precious, i have yet to see a resident coming in there and wishing to die i see them coming to nursing home, with courage, willing to live out whatever time they have with us nurses, assistant, doctor allowing them their pride, dignity,and ushering them off with love when it is time. there is good and bad in everything, it depends on which one you are looking for

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Garner Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"The Impact of North Carolina's Private Bail In... 6 hr Rachael Shepard 11
Do you like to expose your wife? (Sep '11) Dec 23 Justin 51
Man robbed, beaten after using Raleigh ATM Dec 21 Randy 1
Buh Bye all you IBM Employees (Feb '11) Dec 20 Resource Action 54
The Xmas miracle you've been waiting on Dec 18 Educated 1
Slope bill may go steeper (May '07) Dec 18 geoguy 12
Review: Safe Towing Dec 17 Elena 1
Garner Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web