Garland teen dies after being struck by car 9:29 Am CT

Aug 14, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Dallas Morning News

A 16-year-old Garland boy was killed after being struck by a car as he walked in the roadway, Wylie police said. via The Dallas Morning News

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of210
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Freddy Salas

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Aug 14, 2007
 

Judged:

1

R.I.P Tony Siragusa!

you will be miss by all of us!

GOD bless you and your family!
Dawn

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Aug 14, 2007
 

Judged:

2

2

1

This 16 year old boy was walking down a road that had no side walk. In this area you see no side walks any where. There is a lot of Country Roads in this area. He was walking with 2 friends the only witnesses. The person who hit him had to be going way to fast for this area. This young boy had no chance. The only real witnesses know the real truth. So the other people who say they witness the accident are lying to the police and they should be a shame of their selves. The driver may god forgive him. He should stand up and tell the truth.
family

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Aug 14, 2007
 

Judged:

1

1

Why wouldn't Mr Rose be charged he had to be going to fast. This was a straight-away street.
Mr. Rose should have been able to see these teens and slow down. This is a crime. There is no reason for this young boy to be dead. Why couldn't Mr. Rose stop??
A caring mother

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Aug 15, 2007
 

Judged:

1

1

Joshua Rose. The boy you killed was Anthony Christian Siragusa he was only 16. He was a good boy and full of life. The street was a straight away. There was no way you did not see those kids. Why didn't you slow down for them? When you think of this child you killed you should think about the hurt you left his entire family. I will pray for you and for Anthony Siragusa family.
Take Care

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Aug 15, 2007
 

Judged:

3

3

2

To each person, mind your own business. It is not as if he hit the boy on purpose. The teenager shouldn't have been walking in the road. There are other ways of getting around. Don't blame one and not the other. If you weren't there, DON'T PLACE BLAME. Each life of these two families will be changed forever. One has lost a family member and will be mourned but one will have to deal with therapy and the belief of killing an innocent person by accident. Don't make it harder on him because it was dark and the teenager was walking in the road. Remember that two families will be heartbroken. Give them peace!
May

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Aug 15, 2007
 

Judged:

1

To take care
It was not dark it was still day time. The three boys had no choice but to walk in the road. The area has no side walks and just ditches on eather side of the road.
You take care

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Aug 15, 2007
 
It was not dark!IT WAS NOT DARK!!! And you should practice what you say because it sounds like you already put the blame on the the young boy who was walking. Remember it was not dark their was no reason for Mr. Rose not to see these boys!! And I know both family's are hurting. May God help them both thru this.
Take Care wrote:
To each person, mind your own business. It is not as if he hit the boy on purpose. The teenager shouldn't have been walking in the road. There are other ways of getting around. Don't blame one and not the other. If you weren't there, DON'T PLACE BLAME. Each life of these two families will be changed forever. One has lost a family member and will be mourned but one will have to deal with therapy and the belief of killing an innocent person by accident. Don't make it harder on him because it was dark and the teenager was walking in the road. Remember that two families will be heartbroken. Give them peace!
Take Care

Carrollton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Aug 15, 2007
 

Judged:

2

I did not say it was dark but the part that this ACCIDENT occured there was a curve. The rest of the street is straight but it is curved. I am not placing blame on either one of these children but other people have. I am not going to argue my point because we each have our own ideas. But imagine what you would do? There was no chance for either one to react in the "proper" way. I am sure that this 18 year old young man will live this moment for the rest of his life. He will be haunted by this accident. I believe that the hurt he will have is more than anybody else will have. Witnesses say what they saw. The same with a bank robbery. Each person sees something different. Just remember that this road is not always straight especially the part where the accident occured. I am praying for each family. But again, there should be no blame. I feel sorry for the loss of each family.
Take Care

Carrollton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Aug 15, 2007
 
Sorry I did say dark but I meant to say it was getting dark. Sorry. I did say dark. But I missed a word. Typing tends to do that.
To Take Care

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Aug 15, 2007
 
You must be a family member or friend of the driver. The accident did not happen at or on any curve. We were there that night waiting with the parents of the child that was hit. We just can not make since of this because we looked and looked at this street and see no curves. So we understand this was an ACCIDENT! We do not want to place blame however the only witnesses is the 2 boys that were there with the child who was hit and there story is the only true story. And at the accident the only thing we heard the driver say is my car is total. And also he had a cell phone and
we were told he never called 911 the boys that were witnesses had to get the phone out of boy who got hit pocket to call the police.
Take Care wrote:
I did not say it was dark but the part that this ACCIDENT occured there was a curve. The rest of the street is straight but it is curved. I am not placing blame on either one of these children but other people have. I am not going to argue my point because we each have our own ideas. But imagine what you would do? There was no chance for either one to react in the "proper" way. I am sure that this 18 year old young man will live this moment for the rest of his life. He will be haunted by this accident. I believe that the hurt he will have is more than anybody else will have. Witnesses say what they saw. The same with a bank robbery. Each person sees something different. Just remember that this road is not always straight especially the part where the accident occured. I am praying for each family. But again, there should be no blame. I feel sorry for the loss of each family.
Apologize

Carrollton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Aug 15, 2007
 

Judged:

1

I apologize for anything that I said in offense. I am just trying to understand how two lives could be totally shattered. May peace come to both of these families.
Apologize

Carrollton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Aug 15, 2007
 
Details about the accident are few and far between. Isn't it amazing how if the driver is a teenager that had been drinking or doing drugs it is all over the news? This story should be told to each driver that even though we drive the same streets to and from places we still need to take extra precautions. Don't get too comfortable driving. Remember that stuff can happen. I pray for the strength and healing for these two families. Again I apologize for anything I said to offend anybody but going through this right now is pretty rough. I guess everybody wants answers. One day I hope that each family gets the true story.
loved him like a brother

Sachse, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Aug 16, 2007
 

Judged:

1

1

joshua rose should pay for this...
it wasnt a shock to find out he was the driver... he was an eighteen year old that likes drugs and alcohol... he would be the one to try to scare sumone off the road.. i dont mean to say he did it on purpose.. he might of tried to scare him and accidentaly lost control of the car and hit him. Tony will never be forgotten and he did not deserve to die. i know he would've realized his dream of being a professional soccer player.
Ginger, Jesse, Byron, Anna, and JR... im praying for all of u.
sumone who cares
SOMEONE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Aug 16, 2007
 

Judged:

1

i cant believe you would talk like that!! i bet you wouldnt be saying that if it was your 16 year old son dead!! so have some respect!!!
Take Care wrote:
To each person, mind your own business. It is not as if he hit the boy on purpose. The teenager shouldn't have been walking in the road. There are other ways of getting around. Don't blame one and not the other. If you weren't there, DON'T PLACE BLAME. Each life of these two families will be changed forever. One has lost a family member and will be mourned but one will have to deal with therapy and the belief of killing an innocent person by accident. Don't make it harder on him because it was dark and the teenager was walking in the road. Remember that two families will be heartbroken. Give them peace!
to take care

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Aug 16, 2007
 

Judged:

1

1

1

are u kidding me i was with him when this happend... it was on a straight away and that sob josh rose saw him and speed up! he swerved AT anthony and hit him. he didnt even stop right away he kept going then stoped at tha stop sign. and whats worse is he had no remorse about it. he got out and didnt even check if tony was ok. his exact words were "Dude i just totaled my car". he didnt even call 911 first he called his friends to let them kno what happened
From Our Family

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Aug 16, 2007
 
To all the people who helped collect money and all the family's and churches that donated money for Tony's funeral we the family want to give all of you a heart felt Thank You!! With all of your help and donation we are able to give him a nice Funeral. We also would like to thank everyone for the prayers that you sent to are family God is powerful and he heard every prayer!! If your a friend and would like information about the funeral. It will be Saturday at 1 pm in Mesquite at Laural Oaks
ray

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Aug 17, 2007
 

Judged:

1

1

1

to take care wrote:
are u kidding me i was with him when this happend... it was on a straight away and that sob josh rose saw him and speed up! he swerved AT anthony and hit him. he didnt even stop right away he kept going then stoped at tha stop sign. and whats worse is he had no remorse about it. he got out and didnt even check if tony was ok. his exact words were "Dude i just totaled my car". he didnt even call 911 first he called his friends to let them kno what happened
How the hell do you know, you wern't there and the only people that know the real story is those 5 kids. And this happened at night into early morning jackass. It was a block from my house so fuck all of you. There was no reasone for any of those kids being out that late. So you can't blame one party and not the other.
May God Bless

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Aug 17, 2007
 

Judged:

1

1

1

It was dark at the time the accident occured. The facts will come out. I think you all should take the advise of "Take Care" from Seattle WA...they sound as if this hits home.
And just remember "Judge not, for thou shall be judged".
May God bless both families.
To Ray

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Aug 17, 2007
 
You have the wrong accident, this happened at 8:30pm not dark yet only 4 kids involved not 5. 1 driver
and the 3 kids that were walking.
ray wrote:
<quoted text> How the hell do you know, you wern't there and the only people that know the real story is those 5 kids. And this happened at night into early morning jackass. It was a block from my house so fuck all of you. There was no reasone for any of those kids being out that late. So you can't blame one party and not the other.
To God Bless

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Aug 17, 2007
 
It was not dark! And I pray that the truth will come out This did not happen in Seattle it happen in Wylie Tx. God bless all involved.
May God Bless wrote:
It was dark at the time the accident occured. The facts will come out. I think you all should take the advise of "Take Care" from Seattle WA...they sound as if this hits home.
And just remember "Judge not, for thou shall be judged".
May God bless both families.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of210
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Air Quality Alert for Dallas County was issued at July 23 at 1:36PM CDT

•••
•••

Garland News Video

•••
•••

Garland Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Garland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Garland News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Garland
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••