Neighbors of Rockwall's The Shores go...

Neighbors of Rockwall's The Shores golf course to air complaints before City Council

There are 7 comments on the The Dallas Morning News story from Feb 1, 2010, titled Neighbors of Rockwall's The Shores golf course to air complaints before City Council. In it, The Dallas Morning News reports that:

There won't be any pitchforks or torches, but the natives will be restless Thursday evening at the Rockwall City Council's public hearing on The Shores Country Club.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Dallas Morning News.

Who cares

Claysburg, PA

#1 Feb 3, 2010
Is this really a news story? Who cares? Golf is an elitesÂ’ sport anyway.
BarnSlammer

Rockwall, TX

#2 Feb 3, 2010
Don't you care that the city owns 4 of the holes? Will you care if the option for the city to buy the course comes up?
golfer max

Encinitas, CA

#3 Feb 4, 2010
The city should buy the course, and stop bringing negative publicity to the comunity
Republican Vote

United States

#4 Feb 5, 2010
Where were all the Shores members while all this demise was going on with the golf course. If I had paid the fee to join or to live there with an HOA, I would have been watching where my money was being spent. Kind of late to cry now that it is all done. The city of Rockwall should not pay for anything in the Shores unless that course is opened for the public to play. The property owners should have been paying attention. I see no reason for taxpayors all over the city to pay for a golf course for a few to use.
TaxpayOr

Rockwall, TX

#5 Mar 17, 2010
No crying here you knucklehead. We built in the Shores for the schools and the home not the course. Find a new development now that doesn't have an HOA attached to it. Besides our HOA doesn't control the golf course we have to pay to play just like anybody else does. For all we care they could bulldoze the whole clubhouse and course and turn it into a greenbelt area. This would get much more use than that poor excuse for a golf course and rundown clubhouse would. By the way taxpayer has an "e".
David lee roth

Garland, TX

#6 Mar 18, 2010
I will drink to that
Old Timer

Rockwall, TX

#7 Jun 4, 2013
Did Joe Holt suck all the money out of golf course when he was in charge?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Garland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Real Haunted Houses In the Dallas Area? (Oct '09) 6 hr Kdk 13
All whites should be eliminated off the face of... 6 hr Houston is full o... 52
AT&T Premises Technician Pay?... (Oct '07) 11 hr WarForOil 9,289
Ted Cruz slapped the hell out of Trump lol 16 hr Casanova 12
new in town Fri crazy 1
Donald Trump shows his true colors by asking a ... Thu America the beaut... 2
Planned Parenthood Reduces Hoodrats Thu Gomer twohats 23

Garland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance