Garland City Employee Among 3 Accused...

Garland City Employee Among 3 Accused Of Insurance Fraud

There are 244 comments on the NBC 5i Dallas/Fort Worth story from Mar 26, 2008, titled Garland City Employee Among 3 Accused Of Insurance Fraud. In it, NBC 5i Dallas/Fort Worth reports that:

Garland police, along with the City of Garland Internal Audit Department and city management, said they have uncovered a scheme of insurance fraud within the city's Risk Management Group involving several ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 5i Dallas/Fort Worth.

First Prev
of 13
Next Last
Hottie

Dallas, TX

#1 Mar 26, 2008
That's really sad and they are all up in age .This just goes to say that "Because a person doesn't have a criminal History" does not mean they don't have criminal thinking .And don't they do some kind of evaulation on these people to see were there head is before they hire them jeeze.
RHINO Texas

United States

#2 Mar 26, 2008
Good Morning
A crooked city employee, who would have thunk it ?
Dane

United States

#5 Mar 26, 2008
I seem to remember something from the past that people are innocent until proven guilty. Just because some media outlet publishes something does not make it true. Media is always going to speculate and create drama. It sells ad space and creates controversy.
Local dude

United States

#6 Mar 26, 2008
Or it could be the "media outlet" received information from law enforcement/city sources which could prove important to show people how others are allegedly stealing their tax dollars. If these people are found not guilty, then I hope they receive the same level of coverage, but I find it comforting to know the folks in the City of Garland are at least attempting to ferret out corruption, instead of letting it just go unchecked.
michael

Caddo Mills, TX

#7 Mar 26, 2008
You know this is redicouls these people did something wrong, but have you thought about there familys. come on these people still have children and grand children that have to go to school and listen to all the kids making fun of them because of they mad3e a mistake, have you ever made a mistake and your kids or grand kids have to pay for... this is a horrible thing to put there familys thru.
Garlandite

Plano, TX

#8 Mar 26, 2008
What???
JustMe

Englewood, CO

#9 Mar 27, 2008
I think they should have thought of their families before they did any of this. Duane use to brag about how Jerry was funding his music. Check out his web-sit. http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm... . Or just look him up on the net. He pops up all over the place.
Local dude

United States

#10 Mar 27, 2008
Agreed. The time for worrying about what your family and friends think is not AFTER you do the crime, but before. If more people did that, consider all the possible consequences of their actions before they did them, there probably would be a lot less crime and a lot less problems in the world altogether.
joi

United States

#11 Mar 27, 2008
michael wrote:
You know this is redicouls these people did something wrong, but have you thought about there familys. come on these people still have children and grand children that have to go to school and listen to all the kids making fun of them because of they mad3e a mistake, have you ever made a mistake and your kids or grand kids have to pay for... this is a horrible thing to put there familys thru.
Well, how do you know they have kids and grandchildren? And if they did, THEY, if guilty, should have thought about the repercussions this would have on their families.

And the punishment? Well, I have a number of neighbors who have criminal histories (and yes, still engaging in the activities)that include engagement in organized criminal activity. Guess what? Hardly punished, and released to continue what they do.
These three apparently have no criminal records, so they will be let off even easier. Besides, the city employee probably has connections - ie. it isn't as bad for them as it sounds.
Local

Lewisville, TX

#12 Mar 27, 2008
Patsy's husband is a retired Garland police officer.... So I'd say she does have connections. Go Figure!!
Agree with Local Dude

Irving, TX

#13 Mar 27, 2008
Duane Stailey has conned many people in North Texas (and who knows where else) for many years. It never seemed to phase him about the humiliation it might cause his family. Those of you who are defending him, have obviously fell victim to his con game too. It's about time he got caught. Guess he isn't as smart as he thinks he is.
Jody B

Flower Mound, TX

#14 Mar 27, 2008
Does anyone know exactly what happened? How was Duane Stailey involved? I have always heard he was a very upstanding man -- family oriented and a man of integrity. Maybe he is the one that was conned
garlres

Forney, TX

#15 Mar 27, 2008
Local wrote:
Patsy's husband is a retired Garland police officer.... So I'd say she does have connections. Go Figure!!
Not only retired officer, he also worked for the district attorneys office.
Compashun8One

Lubbock, TX

#16 Mar 27, 2008
People make mistakes and do things they shouldn't; this doesn't make them a bad person. Because a spouse is/was in law enforcement should have nothing to do with how they will be treated, but more often than not those are the ones who are put up as an example for others and usually their punishment is even harsher. I still believe in innocent until proven guilty, which doesn't always hold true with the media.
Janna

Flower Mound, TX

#17 Mar 27, 2008
We should be praying for them and willing to forgive...No one knows what drives a man to do what he does...I do know that we all make mistakes and none of us are worthy enough to throw any stones at any of these people...Duane Stailey has been through more than most of us in his life...He has lost a brother to cancer, a sister to a car accident and both of his parents...Until you have walked in his shoes...maybe you shouldn't condemn. To the one who says he is a con...well it takes a con to know one, I always say...
Jody B

Flower Mound, TX

#18 Mar 27, 2008
TO JANNA --- well said --- especially the part about the person who called Duane Stailey a con man. Sounds to me like someone is trying to cover their own tracks.
My prayers go out to all involved. Also remember that in this country we have the phrase "innocent until proven guilty."
Guilty or Not Guilty, we should all pray for their families.
Local

Caddo Mills, TX

#19 Mar 27, 2008
I also believe in innocent until proven guilty. My family has known the female in this ALLEDGED crime a long time and she is one of the most kind and caring people you will ever meet. The media makes things like this bigger than they really are most of the time. No one has a right to pass judgment on anyone. There is only one person in this world that is qualified to do that. And that is GOD himself. Everyone needs to have a little decency and leave it alone.
Local

Caddo Mills, TX

#20 Mar 27, 2008
I am from Caddo Mills....not McKinney and I don't agree with the other Caddo Mills person. Her husband doesn't have anything to do with this and should be left out of it.
rockwall

Dallas, TX

#21 Mar 27, 2008
I hope she gets fried
Constantly Amazed

United States

#22 Mar 27, 2008
Local wrote:
I am constantly amazed that some people are so eager to "share" nonfactual information with others? You should seriously consider having truthful facts before you sound off again !! and Hottie, Rhino & Rockwall .. what self righteous narrow minded individuals you are. You definitely need to consult a dictionary for the meaning of ALLEDGED. It is really scary that some people do not have the capacity to realize that you can not believe every word provided by the media.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Garland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Eldorado Jane Doe Fri Eldorado 1
((>Last Post<)) (Dec '12) Thu Princess Hey 510
Dallas area murders Jan 18 No Dope 3
(-Can-nabis -co-caine- he-roin op-ium ecs-tasy ... Jan 18 No Dope 2
Tractor Supply Company Stores are OUTSOURCING ... Jan 16 ThomasA 4
annhltr Jan 16 HUMM 1
W.V. Grant, Jr (Nov '08) Jan 14 Virginia Moore 65

Garland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance