Death penalty sought in Dallas office murder 4:29 PM CDT

Full story: Dallas Morning News

Prosecutors will seek the death penalty against a man accused of gunning down an office worker during an attempted robbery, the Dallas County District Attorney's Office said Wednesday.
Comments
201 - 211 of 211 Comments Last updated Wednesday Jul 23
First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Jose_Castro_Fan

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2011

JOSE_CASTRO_NIECE wrote:
HUNTSVILLE IS QUITE FINE FOR HIM. AND MY UNCLE IS DOING JUST FINE. I VISIT HIM WEEKLY. AND YES TO WHOMEVER SAID MY UNCLE WAS HOT I AGREE. HE WAS THE BEST UNCLE IN THE WORLD. AND I ADORED HIM. fREE MY UNCLE!!! I WILL STAND BY HIM. ALWAYS AND FOREVER
All these years later and I would still LOVE to marry that gorgeous man! And YES your uncle is HOT girl, I bet he even looks better now from working out daily in there!
Karen Smith

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2011

Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing has been "proven" in a court of law yet, but if you had seen the episode of A&E's "The First 48" detailing this senseless crime and the 48 hours after it, you wouldn't be asking if it's a case of mistaken identity. Jose Castro was positively identified in the images taken from the security cameras in the elevator where he encountered Karen LaFon - by his own parents and niece. And his alibi of "being at home all day watching tv" disintegrated in minutes when his own father said Jose was not home at 5:30pm when his parents got home (the murder took place at 5:20pm). The police then searched Jose's apartment and retrieved from his closet the very same sweatshirt he wore in the security camera videos while riding the elevator for 8 minutes stopping from floor to floor, stepping out and looking around for a victim. I hope there will be some DNA evidence to further bolster their case.
Am I all for Jose getting a fair trial? Absolutely. Am I confident that a jury of his peers will conclude that he is not only a cold-blooded murderer, but one of the stupidest ones at that? Even more so. Had he simply held Ms. LaFon up, not only would he have successfully stolen her bags and spared her life, he might have actually gotten away with it.
Karen LaFon was a wonderful person, friend, aunt, and mother. She gave her life to helping the blind. Loved her children. Cared about people. She was a person legally in the United States by birth right. How much clearer can the evidence do we really need DNA, just watch the video not only was she murdered by this worthless person but it was premeditated. He planned on murdering someone; he sought after a victim. I wish she could have shot him first. She would still be hear today with her great big smile that shined for miles. Love you and miss you dearly; you are always in my heart.
ashley

Fredericton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2012

you are so wrong is so many ways. you should be ashamed of your uncle for taking a great woman away from her family.
jose castro makes me sick
Guy from Dallas

Waxahachie, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

F all of you people that don't want to work, that is the reason all this killing and robberies occurred, cause you losers run out of food stamps to sell for your weed.
Forreston tx

Waxahachie, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

Please some1 give an opinion on all them food stamps lossssers,,,,, I know and understand sometimes we all need and may need help some day,, bet I hate all does that get in to it just so they don't have to work, I even know a guy that he works in construction just so he doesn't have income and be able to keep getting food stamps.
sitting bull

Carrollton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

america belongs to the native americans all the rest of you are the illegals by ancestery if you trace your roots wake up how can you claim something your ancesters stole to begin with
sitting bull

Richardson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

need opinions
Deborah Vann

Temple, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2013

It broke my heart when I saw what happened to Karen, while watching The First 48 Hrs.
In 1973 Karen was married to my brother, Gary Miller. We all loved her very much, she was a kind and gentle soul. She lived with my family from July 1973-October 1973. I never saw her again, until that episode of the First 48. My heart still grieves. 9208
WISH I COULD BURN JOSE

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2014

Ray wrote:
Piece of trash. And why was that girl home alone on the "First 48??" Some parenting by the mother...Neglect the child or let Uncle Castro babysit and he may shoot her for her dessert
agree ray, she had to been 9 years of age. If the family was smart, they would let that evil man rot in prison.
WISH I COULD BURN JOSE

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2014

Deborah Vann wrote:
It broke my heart when I saw what happened to Karen, while watching The First 48 Hrs.
In 1973 Karen was married to my brother, Gary Miller. We all loved her very much, she was a kind and gentle soul. She lived with my family from July 1973-October 1973. I never saw her again, until that episode of the First 48. My heart still grieves. 9208
I just watched that episode. My heart shattered to pieces.
disgusted

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Wednesday Jul 23

You apologist liberals taking up for this worthless POS...Unbelievable.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Garland News Video

•••
Garland Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Garland Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••