Kraft's salad dressing fix: Shake up ...

Kraft's salad dressing fix: Shake up well

There are 52 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Feb 19, 2008, titled Kraft's salad dressing fix: Shake up well. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

When Irene Rosenfeld takes the stage Tuesday at a big food industry confab in Florida , the Kraft Foods chief executive is expected to unveil one of the company's biggest brand reinventions in years: a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
MaconBacon

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Feb 19, 2008
Kraft dressing has always been expensive for what I received. Just a bottle of soy bean oil and flavorless seasonings. I hope Kraft gets it right this time. My local grocer has house brands which taste better and are cheaper than Kraft's.
Just me

Crest Hill, IL

#2 Feb 19, 2008
Well they discontinued the CReamy Garlic dressing & made a garlic ranch version that sucks, but I guess its cheaper to flavor a ranch than to have a single flavor dressing?

Bring back Creamy Garlic!
Raul

Chicago, IL

#3 Feb 19, 2008
Bring back Miles Marsh!
Bink

Jensen Beach, FL

#4 Feb 19, 2008
just checked the fridge 5 salad dressings 4 made by kraft not sure what that tells me. wife likes kraft i guess as long as it's 1000 island i really don't care who makes it.
dressy

United States

#5 Feb 19, 2008
I like Newman's Own because they don't have as much high fructose corn syrup... Maybe Kraft should look into that! More natual ingredients there... Saves some calaries along the way, too...
Perry

United States

#6 Feb 19, 2008
Kraft should take advantage of its single pack dressing in boxes of 10 for salad to go or partner with Dole or fresh express for single serving salads to go next to their Oscar Meyer sandwiches.
Wisconsin

AOL

#7 Feb 19, 2008
Sure wish Kraft, or any salad dressing company, would bring back the Creamy Garlic!
Kttheo

Park Ridge, IL

#8 Feb 19, 2008
Kraft should use the original flavor on Italian dressing that they changed 2 to 3 years ago, I'd buy it again!
Vulture Breath

Oak Park, IL

#9 Feb 19, 2008
I won't be buying any new or old Kraft dressings as long as they have high fructose corn syrup in them. I can spend the same amount of money and get a really high quality dressing with no HFCS. They can modernize the label and change the shape of the bottle till the cows come home, I ain't buying anything with HFCS.
MA Girl

Arlington Heights, IL

#10 Feb 19, 2008
I hope the new dressings will be less sweet. I can't find a good bottled Italian dressing except for the packets of Good Seasoning.
Observer

Chicago, IL

#11 Feb 20, 2008
Amazing how sensitive consumers are to these kinds of issues. I like to buy when there are sales--period.
fran

Haverhill, MA

#12 Feb 28, 2008
Hi
Kraft is the only salad dressing I have ever used. I really enjoy your creamy poppyseed dressing. Lately I am not able to find it in any of the supermarkets I have been to. I hope you can help me.
Thankyou
Fran
Martia

Austin, TX

#13 Feb 28, 2008
I buy anything on sale. I buy the smallest and use a coupon when possible. Sometimes its better to use red wine vinegar and add your own spices, you already have.
Granniebd

Houma, LA

#14 Mar 14, 2008
I love Kraft and would love to get more cents off coupons.
vetterli

Sycamore, IL

#15 Mar 20, 2008
Bring back Creamy Garlic Replacement Suck I agree !!
Salad dressing is a market with good profit margins, Arnold said. "But the business is not strong on the top line."
Not when no one likes it the crap that you put on the shelf. Creamy Garlic was always my favorites.
[email protected]
P DODGE

Glenview, IL

#16 Apr 1, 2008
I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR GARLIC DRESSING CANT FINE IN IL ANY WHERE,BRING BACK GARLIC DRESSING, THE NEW DRESSING IS NOT THE SAME
M Mazur

Chicago, IL

#17 May 4, 2008
Bring back creamy Garlic. I have been searching all over for a creamy GArlic.
Anne

Gloucester, MA

#18 May 5, 2008
Don't like the new taste of Catalina, goes for everyone in the house. Won't buy it anymore. Oh well, it was a favorite!
Jermo

Indianapolis, IN

#19 May 13, 2008
My family agrees with Anne from MA. The new Catalina simply is not good. I called to complain. Kraft sent me a coupon for a free bottle of dressing. Big deal. I want the old Catalina back. I have bought every bottle of old Catalina in NE Indiana. I will never buy the "New, Fresh Taste" crappy Catalina. This reminds me of the New Coke fiasco. Kraft has really screwed up. I can't wait for them to come out with a "New, Fresh Taste" Oreo. There will be blood in the streets.
Steve

Gresham, OR

#20 May 15, 2008
Anne wrote:
Don't like the new taste of Catalina, goes for everyone in the house. Won't buy it anymore. Oh well, it was a favorite!
Just sat down to enjoy my salad and my Catalina tastes like rusty metal. So I ran to the fridge to check the date and it was not expired but I remeber I noticed a new packaging and as I checked the date I noticed it said something about new flavor. Who ever brainstormed this disaster should be checked to make sure they aren't working for wishbone. Its off my list and I am tossing my dinner in the can. Thanks Kraft. Smart up and at least offer a Catalina Clasic so you can keep some of your customers. Im hungry

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Garland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
AT&T Premises Technician Pay?... (Oct '07) 1 hr Milwaukee PT 8,686
News JP's refusal to perform same-sex marriage draws... 8 hr Brown 1
Add A Word Drop A Word (Nov '12) 10 hr _Zoey_ 1,388
Hillary Destroying FBI Credibility Fri Corruption in FBI 1
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Feb 4 Candle farts 847
News 6-year-old girl dies in ETX golf cart accident Jan 26 anonymou s 49
What do you think of Brad Neighbor? (Oct '14) Jan 17 Bradford 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Garland Mortgages