Former judge dead, Dr. and pharmacist arrested

Posted in the Garfield Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of89
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jan 08

Garfield NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
May 30, 2008
 
Has anyone heard former judge William Collocino died from an apparent overdose of perscription pills. However according to the papers it was a heart attack. he was having his share of legal problems and maybe decided to take the easy way out?

Also heard that Dr. Kenneth Conte and Pharacist Ray (not sure of last name) were arrested Thursday evening. Not sure if this is related, but rumor has it the judge was the owner of the pharmacy which just happens to be attached to the Dr's Contes office. Coincidence? me thinks NOT..
Old School

Randolph, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
May 31, 2008
 
I think facts would be more appreciated than rumors on this or any other forum. I know that when ever things like this happen, people like to try to play detective or investigator. Garfield had a history of cover ups and most likely will continue if not save face for people's families or loved ones.
Let's wait and see what the autopsy reveals and if there was foul play involved. Love him or hate him, Bill was still someone's son and his mother lost her son. It's best to respect that at this time.
I feel it wasn't very professional of Dr. Dan to say it he died of natural causes the very day of his death. Anyone with a brain knows that toxicology tests take about a week to clear as do other coroner reports. That statement might have aroused more suspicion than necessary. Bill had some serious problems and it didn't look good for him.

Since: Jan 08

Garfield NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
May 31, 2008
 
Some of the finest newspapers published do just that, print rumors. And the public eats it up with a spoon. I agree , lets wait and see what the toxicology reports reveal. That is if they're made public, which I really doubt. As far as Bill's family reading this forum, I can't imagine an of them ever coming in here to read our OPINIONS. By the way I think he was the best judge this city has seen in MY lifetime he was always very fair and will be missed. Regardless of his personal indiscretions.
Garfield

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
May 31, 2008
 
Whatever the outcome his relatives said he was depressed and anxious over the investigation. If all was on the up and up there was no need to be depressed and anxious over it. The truth will come out in a few more days. It's sad he had to pass on at such an early age. He must of been extremely upset over the investigation and being removed from judgeship. We still have to remember as the paper states he was not cooperating, so we all can take it from there.
Old School

Randolph, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
May 31, 2008
 
Some things never change...
Rest In Peace

Thornwood, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jun 1, 2008
 
I think people should try and look at the good a person does, before they go out and judge the person. He was somebodys son and brother and friend. I think if you don't have anything good to say about a person then don't say anything at all. There are way to many people out there just to slander and hurt other people, those people should take a good look at themselves. I wish Pease for Bill and his family.
Peter Q of Garfield

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jun 1, 2008
 
I dont think Bill was removed from office, I beleive he retired after 30 + years.Bill wasnt a coward. He would never take his life. I think all that was going on he couldnt sleep and probably took more medication than to sleep.As far as all those people who judged him before he even went to trial,well their all bastards.Although Bill loved Garfield, he will spend eternity in a better place. HEAVEN
Rest In Peace

Thornwood, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jun 2, 2008
 
Peter Q of Garfield wrote:
I dont think Bill was removed from office, I beleive he retired after 30 + years.Bill wasnt a coward. He would never take his life. I think all that was going on he couldnt sleep and probably took more medication than to sleep.As far as all those people who judged him before he even went to trial,well their all bastards.Although Bill loved Garfield, he will spend eternity in a better place. HEAVEN
You are sooo right, the one's that are so quick to judge someone else are the one's that have alot in their own closets that people don't no about. It is usually those people that cast the first stone. I really don't no how some people can sleep at night when they get such pleasure out of other people's pain. I guess they are just sick and we should feel sorry for them. Bill will be remembered for the true person he was.
Max

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jun 2, 2008
 
Agreed Old School, Peter Q, and RIP. Take a look at the ones making such outlandish and insensitive comments. Same on every topic. Bill was a good man and his family is suffering an incredible loss. Anyone with unfounded comments should keep them to themselves and be respectful. Maybe get a life and pick up a better more constructive hobby or look into their own dark closets before casting stones. May there be peace and comfort to the friends and loved ones.
Rest In Peace

Thornwood, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jun 2, 2008
 
Max wrote:
Agreed Old School, Peter Q, and RIP. Take a look at the ones making such outlandish and insensitive comments. Same on every topic. Bill was a good man and his family is suffering an incredible loss. Anyone with unfounded comments should keep them to themselves and be respectful. Maybe get a life and pick up a better more constructive hobby or look into their own dark closets before casting stones. May there be peace and comfort to the friends and loved ones.
People should remember that the people that get joy out of someone elses pain must have had alot of pain in their own life that they choose to forget, and usually those same people are the people who never really cared about anyone but themselves. Bill should be able to rest in peace,and all the people out there that say hateful things should put their energy to love instead of hate.
Moved

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jun 2, 2008
 
I agree with everyone on this forum in different ways. I don't think anyone is getting pleasure or joy out of making fun of him. He should RIP. I do have to say that according to the paper I too read that he was feeling depressed...but who wouldn't in his position with what he was going through. I didn't know him personally but do know people who did. Rest In Peace & 'again' aol Max..... Dark Closets? Sick people? Who are you feeling sorry for? You are right a stone is a stone - I also know for a fact how some people tried to use him for their own pleasure or things like vanity license plates etc. He was a good man...the reports along with the findings and facts will come out in the end. It's tragic when anyone dies so suddendly and unexpectedly. RIP
Garfieldmom

Hightstown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jun 2, 2008
 
Heard the Judge was upset and not to thrilled with Life, but let's wait for the autopsy before anyone jumps to a conclusion. Maybe he did just die naturally,anyhow, so what's the news on the good Doc and the Pharmacist. Nothing in the news or papers.....what's the story here?
Old School

Randolph, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jun 2, 2008
 
Maybe it's just a story. The dark side of human nature is to believe something that appears to be horrible. That's how elections are won sometimes.
People tend to believe the worst and have no facts to back it up... It just sounds interesting. Garfieldmom, you are the second one here to make that statement. If you know something we don't, I suggest you take it to the Bergen County Prosecutors Office or stop making a fool of yourself and spreading the horse crap here.
Joe Mastres

Port Saint Lucie, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jun 2, 2008
 
I can't believe the gossip and rumors simply flyin around Garfield. I am originally from Lodi but knew Judge Collocino for over 25 years. I considered him a friend and I don't call just anybody friend. I think that many of these stories will turn out to be just that stories. However the facts are simple. A very good man has passed on. A man that I was proud to know. Rest in Pease Judge you will always be remembered by me. My deepest simpathy to all his loved ones.

Since: Jan 08

Garfield NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jun 3, 2008
 
Old School wrote:
Maybe it's just a story. The dark side of human nature is to believe something that appears to be horrible. That's how elections are won sometimes.
People tend to believe the worst and have no facts to back it up... It just sounds interesting. Garfield mom, you are the second one here to make that statement. If you know something we don't, I suggest you take it to the Bergen County Prosecutors Office or stop making a fool of yourself and spreading the horse crap here.
I believe I was the first one to say that Dr. Ken and the Pharmacist were arrested. It is a FACT and certainly the County Prosecutors Office is involved. They both posted bond and were released the same evening. By the way, their arrests were very much involved with the Judge. Not directly with his passing, but circumstances that have to do with the ongoing criminal investigation. Billy was a great guy and I'm not saying anything here to slander his name or smear his reputation in any way, or insult his loved ones. Some of you read things and draw a very misinterpreted conclusion. All of this would have been made public had Billy not passed. Now who knows the TRUTH may never come out without a trial. Although the others involved will probably still have their day in court. Everything I write here is 100% true and I'm not at liberty to say from whom I got this information from as that would be a betrayal of trust that I'm not about to commit. So you can call me a liar, a bullshitter, a bastard, and all the other names I've been called, but like it or not this IS a GARFIELD STORY and this IS a GARFIELD FORUM so as far as I'm concerned, like it or not it belongs here. If it bothers you you don't have to read it. As I already said Billy was the greatest, most fair and honorable judge this town has had in MY lifetime, and a hell of a great guy to those of us who had the pleasure of knowing him. I'm sure there are those who would disagree, everyone is entitled to their own opinions whether they agree or not. As far as not seeing certain things in the newspaper believe me, there are TONS of things that happen to regular Joe's in this city that NEVER make it into the paper. Especially when someone influential, political, etc is involved. So please don't shoot the messenger. Sorry if I've upset or offended anyone, that was by far not my intent. I come in PEACE, and I try to make helpful, insightful and intelligent contributions to this group. Thank You
Old School

Randolph, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jun 3, 2008
 
Hey Real, relax! You called yourself all that bad stuff.(liar, a bullshitter, a bastard)
If you can't prove what you said, it's not doing any good here putting it out. You are correct, this is a forum about Garfield and my personal experience when I lived there as you pointed out was correct.
A lot of stuff is covered up and never makes it to the newspapers. You seem to enjoy that and wear it as your badge of honor. I got disgusted with it and moved out. When it becomes an insult to your intelligence to live there, you might do the same.
I tend to agree with much of what you have posted and not here to argue with you. When it comes to Garfield, nothing surprises me but to be fair and objective, I like to know facts not hearsay. I will reserve my opinion until the facts are in and as you said, maybe they will never be made available. The facts of what Bill did were very real and unfortunately it seems like they had more to do with his death. I find it amazing how many people in Garfield know what happened and the newspapers are keeping it silent. REAL, I didn't mean to upset you or anyone and will continue to appreciate what ever information you offer. PEACE!
Garfieldmom

Hightstown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jun 3, 2008
 
Old School wrote:
Maybe it's just a story. The dark side of human nature is to believe something that appears to be horrible. That's how elections are won sometimes.
People tend to believe the worst and have no facts to back it up... It just sounds interesting. Garfieldmom, you are the second one here to make that statement. If you know something we don't, I suggest you take it to the Bergen County Prosecutors Office or stop making a fool of yourself and spreading the horse crap here.
Hey Old School, you state that I was the second person to make a statement, well question for you, what statement are you replying too. All I said was that people should wait to get information before they jump to conclusions, just like you are. I asked about the Doc and the Pharamcist, as I had not heard anything and wanted to get information on it. Maybe you are the one makeing a fool of yourself and spreading the horse crap, as you put it. " So don't judge others least you be judged yourself."
Old School

Randolph, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jun 3, 2008
 
You're right Garfieldmom. My apology to you. It seemed like you were buying into the statement by A Real Garfielder. He claims to have someone who knows something the rest of us don't but he is not at liberty to reveal his source. He said that would be a betrayal. OK, so why then post this secret information here? He already betrayed his trust with the person who told him. Again Garfield Mom, sorry for misreading your comments. I have a feeling that this story will get buried like the Damon Freeman murder. Remember that one last year? Bar room full of witnesses, a suspect with blood on his shirt and he was let go and somehow got away. BTW Damon is still very much dead after the beating he took for being in the wrong place in broad daylight.

Since: Jan 08

Garfield NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jun 3, 2008
 
Old School wrote:
Hey Real, relax! You called yourself all that bad stuff.(liar, a bullshitter, a bastard)
If you can't prove what you said, it's not doing any good here putting it out. You are correct, this is a forum about Garfield and my personal experience when I lived there as you pointed out was correct.
A lot of stuff is covered up and never makes it to the newspapers. You seem to enjoy that and wear it as your badge of honor. I got disgusted with it and moved out. When it becomes an insult to your intelligence to live there, you might do the same.
I tend to agree with much of what you have posted and not here to argue with you. When it comes to Garfield, nothing surprises me but to be fair and objective, I like to know facts not hearsay. I will reserve my opinion until the facts are in and as you said, maybe they will never be made available. The facts of what Bill did were very real and unfortunately it seems like they had more to do with his death. I find it amazing how many people in Garfield know what happened and the newspapers are keeping it silent. REAL, I didn't mean to upset you or anyone and will continue to appreciate what ever information you offer. PEACE!
I shouldn't have to, nor will I prove anything that I say here especially if doing so would be a betrayal of trust. Which you claim I've already done, but I did no such thing. I didn't name names nor did I state any specifics, although your trying to bait me into doing so. But I'm not falling for it;>} And then in one post you're telling me you agree with most of what I say and then to that pot stirrer Garfield Mom you have the audacity to call me a betrayer among making other disparaging remarks about me. Make up you're mind you either agree with me or you don't. I guess because I'm relatively new here and YOU OLDTIME regulars haven't gotten the opportunity to get to know me better and that I only speak the truth, whether you believe me or not. Give me some more time here and you'll see that I'm a real honest person and I shoot from the hip. Lot's of people don't like my style of speaking the truth no matter how painful it can be at times.
Come on now "Badge of Honor" more like "Way of Life" here in Garfield the nepatism,crooked politics scratch my back I'll get you a job with the Board of Ed. or Housing Authority, and so on and so forth, you get the point. Honestly it's much more like a "MASK of SHAME" than a "BADGE of COURAGE". But as I already said before, the more I talk to the couple of nice people that are here, the more you'll see I wear my heart on my sleeve and ONLY speak the truth. I only want to contribute factual,interesting,informativ e and sometimes fun posts here. Sometimes though, really you just have to respect when I say I can't divuldge certain information, surely you are intelligent enough to understand something as simple as THAT? "Can't we all just get along?" (Rodney King)

Since: Jan 08

Garfield NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jun 3, 2008
 
A REAL Garfielder wrote:
<quoted text>
Honestly it's much more like a "MASK of SHAME" than a "BADGE of COURAGE".
I meant to say BADGE of HONOR not BADGE of COURAGE, I don't know where that one came from.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of89
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Garfield Discussions

Search the Garfield Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Trial opens for Paterson man accused in deadly ... Wed tool 3
What ever happen to the Sawyer Business School? (Jul '08) Wed mattie 13
Board of ED VP (Jun '09) Apr 13 Children first 15
Honeywell shuts Teterboro aviation plant (Mar '07) Apr 10 joe 38
Review: Accredited Motorcars (Jan '09) Apr 9 keith and lisa 33
Review: Massaro Paul A Attorney Apr 7 Paul Massaro attorney NJ 1
Old record collector waxes nostalgic (Jan '10) Apr 7 Gina Rigolosi- Pomponio 3
•••
•••

Garfield News Video

•••
•••

Garfield Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Garfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••