Deli Clerk Shot Dead in Garfield, N.J.

Jan 25, 2009 Full story: My Fox NY 167

The previous owner had been shot and sold the store. Some people in the neighborhood said recent problems started when the current owners bought a lottery machine.

Full Story
First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Nick

Union City, NJ

#1 Jan 25, 2009
I send my sincerest condolences to the family, especially his parents. The son, as mentioned by all that have commented, was the nicest guy who recently came to this country and saw it as a haven and a window of opportunities. He was working long hours to make ends meet and help his family. I've known the family for the past five years and it is a pleasure to know them because just like the son, his parents and brothers were very good people. My heart goes out to all of his relatives in this trying time.
enter56

Hoboken, NJ

#2 Jan 25, 2009
My condolences also to the family of this young man. My heart goes out to anyone that has had to endor pain expecially one of this kind. But he has a wonderfull family that I am sure will come together to help each other get though this horrible thing. That is what family is all about helping one another in times of need. You were very lucky to have had the pleasure of knowing him and them. Just support them as well as you can in their time of sorrow and in the future.
florence coccoz

Secaucus, NJ

#3 Jan 28, 2009
i have known this family since i moved to america and they are so very nice it is shame to see someone go just like this
r.i.p
i am so sorry for his family
enter56

Hoboken, NJ

#4 Jan 29, 2009
florence coccoz wrote:
i have known this family since i moved to america and they are so very nice it is shame to see someone go just like this
r.i.p
He will be remembered for his
kindness and wonderful outlook. You were very lucky as we all were to have known him. I wish he could have fond the "American Dream " that he so wanted. He will R.I.P
Sami Alsurakhi

Jordan

#5 Feb 17, 2009
I do not know why a young man like Ahmed killed and for what ???

I think police actions should be strong enough to prevent such crimes.
enter56

Hoboken, NJ

#6 Feb 17, 2009
Sami Alsurakhi wrote:
He was a very well liked young man, and we will all miss him. I am sure the police are working hard on this case.
moved

United States

#7 Feb 18, 2009
My sympathy....It's just so sad. I wonder if the former owners or real estate person told this family that the previous owner was shot in the face and how many times that store has been robbed. A terribl tragedy for the family.
moved

United States

#8 Mar 8, 2010
Surprised to see this topix up again. Sad - quite sad - It's one murder after another. So Sad.
moved

United States

#9 Apr 1, 2010
It has been noticed...Now why would anybody have the disrespect for this family and once again judge people they don't like. Cluess, and no this family is not nuts...it was a disaster and a shame that something like this happened...not a spam. Why are people so ignorant? The only explanation is that they absolutely were never taught anything else. If this poor family hasn't been through enough this person puts down that they are nuts,.,...It's most likely a person or family with illegal guns around...reg and BBs.....Could that be true...Why else would they try to hurt another family like this....Please Lord help them.... Or maybe someone in their family has already shot someone in the back or killed someone? Is there any other explanation for their meaness........
We are all getting a kick out of their insecurities.....they label what they are....And believe me they are.....
moved

United States

#10 Apr 1, 2010
moved wrote:
My sympathy....It's just so sad. I wonder if the former owners or real estate person told this family that the previous owner was shot in the face and how many times that store has been robbed. A terribl tragedy for the family.
Shame on this p-erson who thinks it's not right for this family to get sympthany....
And shame on the person who didn't tell them that their has been murders in that store before. How sad...
Fortunato isasi cayo

Saugus, MA

#11 Aug 24, 2010
This "moved", moved away or is moved for the demise of this young fmaly member. By the way what happened to the cadaver; was properly treated or just was put aside.
Fran Sinatra

Saugus, MA

#12 Sep 2, 2010
florence coccoz wrote:
r.i.p
Florence Coccis: Yo need help, have a psiquister permanent at home to look your mind that is rotting by the second, before they intern you at the psiquiatric ward. Everybody knows that you are having an affair with him, even before you were 13 and he was at that time in his 50s.
Peter c vayeos

Saugus, MA

#13 Sep 2, 2010
Fortunato isasi cayo wrote:
This "moved", moved away or is moved for the demise of this young fmaly member. By the way what happened to the cadaver; was properly treated or just was put aside.
The cadaver after the make up, was put a wig, he didn't have any hair of his own.He was embalmed by the taxidermist and right now is hanging in the Luovre sided by an orangutan. Cheers.
Conde Nado

Saugus, MA

#14 Sep 2, 2010
moved wrote:
<quoted text>
Shame on this p-erson who thinks it's not right for this family to get sympthany....
And shame on the person who didn't tell them that their has been murders in that store before. How sad...
What do you mean, escopeta? It seems that is the right town to move in, they do not gossip. The they don not go to the main plaza or city hall to start rumors. My kind of town
Rose Marie

Saugus, MA

#15 Sep 2, 2010
Sami Alsurakhi wrote:
Yea rigth! The police should run a net work of busy bodies and listening behind the garbage bins, cans and like to find out what is the next crime and plan accordingly. I hope the right to reproduce after your self is taking away from you, turulato!
Rogelio Mora

Saugus, MA

#16 Sep 2, 2010
What is to learn from this happening?
Don't you ever work in a delicatessen, especially if is a lot of cadavers in the place. An above all mind your own busines.
Imin needeep

Catonsville, MD

#17 Sep 5, 2010
rogello did you ever go to school ke cotza what are you talking about
Fortunato Isasi Cayo

Saugus, MA

#18 Sep 14, 2010
Imin needeep wrote:
rogello did you ever go to school ke cotza what are you talking about
For your information to you and the likes you, I am happy to inform you that ,so far, I am the only literate person in my family. I finish last year and I have ideas of my own, besides being cute and extremely sexy, I already at my tender age of 22, I have sire so far, 14 children and all boys. I dare to do that to you, menjurje adocenado y muerto de hambre.
Laura

Canton, MA

#19 Sep 15, 2010
Rogelio Mora wrote:
What is to learn from this happening?
Don't you ever work in a delicatessen, especially if is a lot of cadavers in the place. An above all mind your own busines.
Do you want to tell me those cadavers were in the delicatessen?
No wonder isasi cayo want to know what happens with the cADAVERS!
Maybe the cadavers were cooked in the delicatessen and serve as antipasto at an affordable price. I have to know, my cousin Talula frequents that Delicatessen. I just want to know if my cousin is now a full fledge canibal!
pvleeks@hotmail.com
please, let me know any news related with the cadavers.
el apestoso

Saugus, MA

#20 Oct 5, 2010
moved wrote:
My sympathy....It's just so sad. I wonder if the former owners or real estate person told this family that the previous owner was shot in the face and how many times that store has been robbed. A terrible tragedy for the family.
Not only in the face, mind you, in the trasero too. That store was robbed 17 times, aleluya, cada cual a la suya.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Garfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sickout To Close Garfield Schools Thursday (Feb '08) 2 hr moved 57
Garfield's Twitter Page (Jul '09) 2 hr moved 852
Review: Tirepool LLC Tue Laura 6
Man Arrested for Alleged Liquor Theft of Food B... (Jul '12) Tue Prof Freud 34
Free Online Training & Certificate Offered in M... (Dec '09) Mon Gandhi 38
Clifton stories wanted Sep 12 Anonymous 1
Review: Baladi Auto Center Aug 24 Andrey 1
•••

Garfield News Video

•••