You Feel Safe Hiring A Black Now?

You Feel Safe Hiring A Black Now?

Posted in the Garfield Heights Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Maple Resident

Bedford, OH

#1 Jul 6, 2014
How many times do we hear a business hires a black and then the black comes back and kills the owner, manager or workers? That restaurant that was on the corner of Northfield and Rockside that's been closed, a black guy was fired from there and he came back and killed the manager.

And now the owner of a restaurant in Cleveland Hts, Jim Brennen, was shot and killed by a black employee.

https://www.google.com/...

Here's a guy that gives a black kid a job so he could work and earn a living but the sap figures he'd do better if he kills his boss and robs him.

Maybe we should have vigilantes going after these bastards and hanging them from trees and light posts like they did in the early years of this country. And for all you white sympathizers of these mud-heads, maybe one day when a member of your family is killed by one of these black animals, you'll change your tune and go buy a rope!

xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#2 Jul 6, 2014
They are hypocrites.

I remember years ago when my neighbors were saying Maple Heights was not integrated enough. We were too white. We need to be a model for the melting pot of our country.

When their wish started to come true, they were the first to sell their homes and move to higher grounds. Now they live in their nearly all white new community preaching the same message.

My next door neighbor was the worst. Again, with all her promotion of integrated neighborhoods. When she put her house up for sale, I asked her why?

She tried to dance around the question. She first claimed that her family was getting too large. But she didn't have anymore children than when she moved in. Then she started to use code words like "The neighborhood is getting bad" or "It's not like it used to be."

After enough interrogation, she finally admitted to what I warned her about when it comes to mixing races.

Her daughter was in private school when she moved in. But once her daughter passed sixth grade, she would have had to move her to a much more expensive private facility which she didn't have the money to do. She was stuck sending her daughter to our public schools, and she would have none of that.

She finally admitted to her failed philosophy. She admitted she made a mistake. She stated that even though buying a home in Sagamore Hills would be more expensive, it would be less expensive when considering living in Maple Heights and sending her daughter to a private school. It was cheaper for them to move to a better city and pay the higher tax and mortgage and send her daughter to their public school where she would be safe.
Cantgiveup

Kelleys Island, OH

#3 Jul 6, 2014
WOW!! Do you really think that every person of the "Black" race is bad or at fault because of the actions of a few? I am sure you remember the fact that the white race started all the slaughtering (lynching, beating, etc) of blacks a few hundred years ago. Do you have a problem with that too? It makes me wonder who you people really think you are. I'm not condoning anyone's behavior, but white people are the real hypocrites, if truth be told. They seem to have learned it from YOU!!
Maple Resident

Bedford, OH

#6 Jul 7, 2014
Yeah, the whites hung blacks from trees because of something the black did. And what you're talking about happened generations ago, not in your generation. That's the problem right there. You blacks keep bringing up the past and want to be compensated for what happened to your relatives. You think your relatives had it worse than the Jews in WWII? How about the prisoners that the Japanese had in WWII?

Look at all the crime in black areas. Look at the crime in Maple Hts. As was said many times before, we had no crime like we do now. And who's doing the crimes, whites? Look into this and you'll see 99.9% of it is done by blacks and the other 1% by, BLACKS!

If I were you, I'd be ashamed of my fellow black brethren and go stick my head in a dirt hole. I just love when you blacks blame everything on whites. You're all highly trained in blaming others for your problems. When my black neighbors kids would 'act up' where I used to live, and come into my yard and mess it up, and I'd tell their mother about it, she'd ask me what I did to her kids (aka keeds) to rile them up. I guess sitting in my house reading the paper riled her keeds up.

Cantgiveup, let me ask you this. Ever been in jail or committed some crime that's jail worthy? Ever get happy and cheer when you watch the news and see some white guy killed by a black? Ever do any racist things like call a white a name? Do you play loud rap crap from your car where you know whites live?
LongTimeResident

Bedford, OH

#7 Jul 7, 2014
I've lived in Maple Hts for a long time and I can tell you all first hand that crime back in the day was an unheard of thing. We didn't have gas station hold ups and murders like we do now. No break ins or car thefts. Hell, the only crime area was Southgate where there was robberies and car thefts and that was basically all done by blacks that came in from Cleveland and East Cleveland.

Back in the day though, you didn't have to lock your doors because there was no worry of anyone going into your house to rob it.

Since blacks came to live here and their friends come here to visit, I've had to have a fence put up in my yard, motion detector lights, alarm systems in and on my house, garage and cars, cameras installed and had to buy a couple guns.

See, you blacks seem to think all this crime is normal because that's the way you're raised and how you behave.

And what you don't get, cantgiveup, is that we see so much crime on the news and in the papers and we see who's doing the crimes and what they're doing so, how do you want us to think about you?

Say we're watching the news and they do a story on a person who went to the ATM and got robbed and shot by a black kid. Ok, then a week later, another story of a black robbing someone at another ATM. Then we hear a few more stories like that. Ok, now....I go to an ATM and a black kid walks up behind me, or is coming towards me as I do my transaction on the ATM, what do you expect me to think?

Your black brothers out there make us feel this way. We didn't wake up one morning and think, I think I'll hate all blacks starting today. You made us this way and will continue to do so as long as your people have guns, baggy pants and rap music playing about killing people.

Thank GOD for the Castle Law!
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#8 Jul 7, 2014
LongTimeResident wrote:
I've lived in Maple Hts for a long time and I can tell you all first hand that crime back in the day was an unheard of thing. We didn't have gas station hold ups and murders like we do now. No break ins or car thefts. Hell, the only crime area was Southgate where there was robberies and car thefts and that was basically all done by blacks that came in from Cleveland and East Cleveland.
Back in the day though, you didn't have to lock your doors because there was no worry of anyone going into your house to rob it.!
Exactly.

Sure whites commit crimes, but it's the type of crime that needs to be considered.

Good people don't move out of a city or neighborhood because somebody turned on their garden hose at night. Good people don't move out of a neighborhood or city because somebody toilet papered the tree on their front lawn. Good people don't move out of a neighborhood or city because a kid rang their doorbell at the side door and ran away.

Good people do move out of a city when their schools become a zoo. They move out of a city when they can't walk their dog at night without fear. Good people move out of a city when their stores are all closed up because of robberies. Good people DO move out of a city when they can't even have Forth of July fireworks because you can't assemble any large group of blacks without it turning into gang fights or riots.

That's why good people move out of a city. And when good people that own homes or businesses move out of the city, that's when the city goes to hell and property values decrease.
Cantgiveup

Rocky River, OH

#9 Jul 7, 2014
To Maple Heights Resident: I am not a child!! I have never committed any crimes and don't condone the actions of anyone doing anything criminal or disrespectful. I don't listen to rap or any other loud music. I am a working, educated, law abiding citizen and have successfully raised a black son to be the same, despite many obstacles. What bothers me is the fact that you are accusing all black people of the same mentality. I do realize that much of the younger generation has gotten out of control, but that does not include the entire black race. Whatever happened with another group of people was not the discussion here. My issue is with the white race thinking that they are not part of the problem. There is so much anger and hostility between the white and black races and it started with the white race abusing the black race. Don't act as if whites are so prim and perfect. It is evident in your rants that you are full of hate. I don't hate any of you. I think we should find a way to come to some sort of terms to live together without the hostility. Truth be told, you white people caused the problems that black people have by stripping them of everything they were and turning them into what you thought you wanted them to be and now you don't like what you created. I'm very sorry for the end result. But I, as a black person, am not the problem. There are many white people just as bad as those you speak of. I do recognize the problem that many black people have, but it's not all and not the majority.
Cantgiveup

Willoughby, OH

#10 Jul 7, 2014
To Long Time Resident: I take offense to your comments because you are calling me the problem. I haven't done any of these things that you speak of. I am probably your age or maybe close to it. Back in the day, crime was unheard of in most neighborhoods. Times have changed and people have changed. Although I grew up in the city of Cleveland, there were no robberies, murders or drugs where I lived. I never saw that until the more recent years. It was not in my generation. People that I know are highly educated, own their homes and their children are adults and productive citizens also, way past the saggy pants, rapping age. SMH. You can't just group everybody together in the same basket and call them all bad. That's where you have shallow vision. I would never group you together with all the bad white people regardless of how many I may encounter. People should be judged by their own merits and not by a general class, group or race.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#11 Jul 8, 2014
Cantgiveup wrote:
To Long Time Resident: I take offense to your comments because you are calling me the problem. I haven't done any of these things that you speak of. I am probably your age or maybe close to it. Back in the day, crime was unheard of in most neighborhoods. Times have changed and people have changed. Although I grew up in the city of Cleveland, there were no robberies, murders or drugs where I lived. I never saw that until the more recent years. It was not in my generation. People that I know are highly educated, own their homes and their children are adults and productive citizens also, way past the saggy pants, rapping age. SMH. You can't just group everybody together in the same basket and call them all bad. That's where you have shallow vision. I would never group you together with all the bad white people regardless of how many I may encounter. People should be judged by their own merits and not by a general class, group or race.
Oh really? This comment from the person that previously posted:

[QUOTE who="Cantgiveup" Truth be told, you white people caused the problems that black people have by stripping them of everything they were and turning them into what you thought you wanted them to be and now you don't like what you created.[/QUOTE]
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#12 Jul 8, 2014
Cantgiveup wrote:
To Maple Heights Resident: I am not a child!! I have never committed any crimes and don't condone the actions of anyone doing anything criminal or disrespectful. I don't listen to rap or any other loud music. I am a working, educated, law abiding citizen and have successfully raised a black son to be the same, despite many obstacles. What bothers me is the fact that you are accusing all black people of the same mentality. I do realize that much of the younger generation has gotten out of control, but that does not include the entire black race. Whatever happened with another group of people was not the discussion here. My issue is with the white race thinking that they are not part of the problem. There is so much anger and hostility between the white and black races and it started with the white race abusing the black race. Don't act as if whites are so prim and perfect. It is evident in your rants that you are full of hate. I don't hate any of you. I think we should find a way to come to some sort of terms to live together without the hostility.
How and why should we live together? Why is it black people constantly strive to live with white people outside of the reason blacks destroy their own environment?

Why don't we want to live with blacks? Look at our city. LOOK AT IT! If you still can't figure it out, drive around a bit. Notice all the hair and nail salons. Look at all the Dollar stores. Look at Southgate and Mapletown. Look at the garbage on our streets and lawns. Look at all the early model vehicles driving around with temporary plates. Look at all the closed down businesses. Look at the financial distress this city is in.

It's like I've always said, people of different races can live together in peace, but people of different cultures can't. And nobody said you were responsible. What we said is that blacks are responsible.

Why can't we find a way to live together without hostility? Because blacks refuse to change. Blacks will always be blacks no matter what. Blacks think differently than whites, talk differently than whites, dress differently than whites, have an entire different set of values than whites, much noisier than whites, less obedient to laws than whites.
Maple Resident

Bedford, OH

#13 Jul 8, 2014
You just don't get it, cantgiveup. You say whites are the problem? Whites bend way over for blacks like give them jobs. And how many times I've stopped patronizing a store because so many blacks were hired. I'm standing in line and all the cashiers are standing around gabbing with each other. Or they'd wait on a black even though I was standing there first.

And look in every other car window and the rear view mirror. They all have that handicap emblem hanging from them in a black's car. You get food stamps when you don't want to work, welfare for the ones who want to stay home and not work, now in Cleveland, when blacks commit a crime and they're driving away, the cops are supposed to not chase them anymore, blacks got damn near free housing with section 8, and blacks know the more kids (keeds) they have, the more welfare and food stamps they can collect.

Maple Hts to you probably seems like Eden from where you used to live, Cleveland or East Cleveland, but to us whites, the blacks have turned it into a rat infested garbage dump. Years ago, when it was mostly white, the ones that lived here, the Germans, Poles, Czechs, Italians, and even the blacks that lived on the west side of Broadway Ave, never shot anyone in a gas station. No gang fights, no home break ins, you get what I'm saying cantgiveup? The way Maple Hts is now, is that how you want it? You want to hear about gas station attendants being killed by a black in a hoodie for $50? Do you miss the 4th of July fireworks? Well, it's been canceled because of the black gang fights that made it miserable for everyone.

You blacks just don't get it and as your highly trained to do, you don't take responsibility for anything, your kids, your noise, your anything. It's always a white persons fault to you.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#14 Jul 8, 2014
Maple Resident wrote:
You just don't get it, cantgiveup. You say whites are the problem? Whites bend way over for blacks like give them jobs. And how many times I've stopped patronizing a store because so many blacks were hired. I'm standing in line and all the cashiers are standing around gabbing with each other. Or they'd wait on a black even though I was standing there first.
Your comment reminds me of when I went to get breakfast at McDonald's on Broadway last Sunday.

I ordered my breakfast which only contained two items. When I got home, I found out they made a huge mistake on the order, and I had to get back in the car, drive to the restaurant, explain what happened to two different employees, and by the time I got back home, the other half of my breakfast was cold.

This means that since I only ordered two items, the blacks at the McDonald's got 50% of the order wrong.

This isn't the first time either. The same thing has happened on multiple occasions. So of course, now I know to check the bag before leaving the store because I know the restaurant is all black. But wouldn't you know it, I did check the bag. This time, it was the black cook that put the wrong sandwich in the wrong wrapper and put it in the wrong bin for the black women to take!

So what do I have to do now to get a correct order? Not only check the bag, but unwrap each and every item so I know it's correct?

Wrong orders happen from time to time. But when it's an all black operated restaurant, it happens over half of the time. I mean........ if you're so stupid that you can't even do a McDonald's job correctly, how will these black people perform when they get a real job?
Cantgiveup

Willoughby, OH

#15 Jul 8, 2014
I live in Bedford, have owned my home here for over 20 yrs. I agree with some of what you guys are saying, but my point was only that it isn't all or even the majority of "blacks" that are doing these things. It was also said that races can live together, but cultures can't. I disagree with you on that. Cultures can and do live together when each can accept differences. Things have changed everywhere, all over the USA, from the times of old. I miss those days too. But it just happens to be the way of the world. Be happy, you probably won't have to endure these things much longer anyway. So long, old Bigots!!

Bigotry is the state of mind of a bigot: someone who, as a result of their prejudices, treats or views other people with fear, distrust or hatred on the basis of a person's ethnicity, race, religion, national origin, gender, disability, socioeconomic status, or other characteristics.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#16 Jul 9, 2014
Okay, so you live in Bedford.

Let's say Bedford was mostly black, and you had a great neighborhood and city. All of a sudden, Arabs (or pick any race of people) start to move in and trouble starts.

They rob your stores so to the point many close up. Your school becomes a zoo where you wouldn't dream of sending your kid there. Armed robberies all the time on the street. Murders increase by 500%. People sell their homes for next to nothing just to get the hell out of the city which makes your house worthless as well.

So what do you do Cantgiveup? Just accept it? Learn how to live with it?

I don't think so. Now....is that to say every Arab person is a troublemaker? Of course not. But you can't separate the good Arabs from the bad Arabs. Even if you could, you could end up in court for discrimination charges if you were renting or selling a home, or perhaps refused to sell food to an Arab you suspected of being trouble. So what do you do?

Bigotry? Perhaps, but all you know is that your neighborhood changed, went downhill, and there is only one reason for it.

See, whites are segregationists; not just with blacks, but with our own kind as well.

Sure, white scum tried to get into the suburbs before, but we were able to make sure they didn't last long here. Why can't blacks do the same with other blacks?

That just doesn't happen with blacks. Blacks will not separate themselves by class. Blacks will welcome any and all blacks into any area where they live. And then when the neighborhood goes to hell and good people move out, blacks say "Oh, I don't do those kinds of things! It's not all blacks!"
Maple Resident

Bedford, OH

#17 Jul 9, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Your comment reminds me of when I went to get breakfast at McDonald's on Broadway last Sunday.
I ordered my breakfast which only contained two items. When I got home, I found out they made a huge mistake on the order, and I had to get back in the car, drive to the restaurant, explain what happened to two different employees, and by the time I got back home, the other half of my breakfast was cold.
This means that since I only ordered two items, the blacks at the McDonald's got 50% of the order wrong.
This isn't the first time either. The same thing has happened on multiple occasions. So of course, now I know to check the bag before leaving the store because I know the restaurant is all black. But wouldn't you know it, I did check the bag. This time, it was the black cook that put the wrong sandwich in the wrong wrapper and put it in the wrong bin for the black women to take!
So what do I have to do now to get a correct order? Not only check the bag, but unwrap each and every item so I know it's correct?
Wrong orders happen from time to time. But when it's an all black operated restaurant, it happens over half of the time. I mean........ if you're so stupid that you can't even do a McDonald's job correctly, how will these black people perform when they get a real job?
Don't get me started on fast food places. Ok, I will start! The old Taco Bell that was on Warrensville Rd almost across from the fire station, a few years ago I went there for my parents and this black girl hand me the bag through the drive through window like she was trying to punch me with it. Ok, so I put it on my passenger seat and I happened to look down at it and the bottom of the bag was full of ketchup!, and so was my seat!

Another time I went there, this black girl threw my change to me and it went all over the driveway. I called that 'How we doing?' number and told the guy I'd never go there again because of the bad service and that before they hire people to work there, make sure they have some type of an IQ a bit higher than a shovel full of dirt!

The old and new Wendy's on Warrensville also. One day I made the mistake of going inside to place an order. There was ketchup all over the floor, the table where they prep the orders, the people working there were wearing dirty clothes with ketchup, mustard and relish stains, and the workers all moved like they were snails caught in molasses! Then right after they opened the new Wendy's across from Southgate, I went inside to find the same exact setting! Wow! Brand new restaurant and behind the counter was all messed up and filthy. I walked out and never went back.

And the new McDonald's on Rockside with the dual drive up lines is a joke too. I go and order some food and the girl tells me $5,79 over the speaker and it says $5.79 on the screen. I get to the window and she tells me,'That's $5.95.' How many times that's happened, I'd need a large piece of paper to figure that one out and a few pencils.

And there's been a few times at a lot of these places where I drive up to the window where you get your order and the girl inside has her back to me and she's talking to someone, waving her arms around and laughing and yakking away. I see a bag sitting there and a coffee and I wait and wait and then she finally turns around and hands me the bag and coffee. A good answer to them when they tell you to 'have a nice day' is,'How can I? I just spent 1/2 of the day in line here!'

And to think when I was working how I had to bust my a$$ working fast and making every move count. I wonder if I'd have to work like that today if I worked along side black people? Or would I have to bust it again to make up for them being slow?
Maple Resident

Bedford, OH

#18 Jul 9, 2014
I went to Sam's Wholesale Club the other day around 3pm. Usually I go early in the morning to beat the crowds but this one day, I needed some things right now.

Geez! That'll be the last time I ever go there during the day. The blacks all were there gathering around the free sample wagons getting their free lunches. They were all standing around and blocking the aisles while munching away and letting their kids,(keeds) run around like wild animals. It was like a circus. And even though the aisle are pretty wide, they still managed to block a whole aisle with one woman and a shopping cart. You say,'excuse me, can I get through?', and she looks at me, looks at her cart, looks back at me, looks around the store, looks at me, then moseys to her cart slowly and then even slower, pushes it almost out of the way.

"Hey! Whats yall' eats foe dinnah t'day?''Wail, ahz wentz ta Saym's foe mah meel! I'd be gud foods dare!'

Only repeating it like I hear it.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#19 Jul 9, 2014
Maple Resident wrote:
I went to Sam's Wholesale Club the other day around 3pm. Usually I go early in the morning to beat the crowds but this one day, I needed some things right now.
Geez! That'll be the last time I ever go there during the day. The blacks all were there gathering around the free sample wagons getting their free lunches. They were all standing around and blocking the aisles while munching away and letting their kids,(keeds) run around like wild animals. It was like a circus. And even though the aisle are pretty wide, they still managed to block a whole aisle with one woman and a shopping cart. You say,'excuse me, can I get through?', and she looks at me, looks at her cart, looks back at me, looks around the store, looks at me, then moseys to her cart slowly and then even slower, pushes it almost out of the way.
"Hey! Whats yall' eats foe dinnah t'day?''Wail, ahz wentz ta Saym's foe mah meel! I'd be gud foods dare!'
Only repeating it like I hear it.
I don't go to Oakwood because I work around the airport and stop by the one on Tiedman Road on the way home.

I'll tell you, if you ever wanted to feel like a foreigner in your own country, go to the Sam's on Tiedman. It's not that I mind foreigners so much, it's just I'm waiting for somebody to yell ALLAH AKBAR and I'm getting the hell out of that store fast. LOL!
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#20 Jul 9, 2014
Maple Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
And there's been a few times at a lot of these places where I drive up to the window where you get your order and the girl inside has her back to me and she's talking to someone, waving her arms around and laughing and yakking away. I see a bag sitting there and a coffee and I wait and wait and then she finally turns around and hands me the bag and coffee. A good answer to them when they tell you to 'have a nice day' is,'How can I? I just spent 1/2 of the day in line here!'
And to think when I was working how I had to bust my a$$ working fast and making every move count. I wonder if I'd have to work like that today if I worked along side black people? Or would I have to bust it again to make up for them being slow?
What drives me the most crazy is that blacks don't know how to maintain a register drawer.

I would get like six bucks worth of food at McDonald's or perhaps buy a three dollar item at Wal-Mart, hand them a 20 dollar bill, and they give me all singles back in change. It's like WTF, can't you get change when you run out of 5's or 10's? I think they wait until the entire drawer is empty except for 20's before they get change or call somebody over to get change for them.

Then there are times when they run out of singles (probably from making change out of 20's) and they give you back a handful of quarters and various other coins.
Maple Resident

Bedford, OH

#21 Jul 10, 2014
LOL! I've had fist fulls of dollar bills and hand fulls of quarters handed to me a few times too.

I worked in a store years ago and sometimes had to run the register. No computer would tell us how much change to give back, we had to figure that out in our heads. And we were told that when you put the money into the drawer, place all the bills in the slots all uniform, meaning all the bills put in face up and facing the same way. Hand out the coinage change first and then the paper money. Like today, they hand you the paper money with the coins on top and then the coins slide off and go under the car if you're at the drive thru.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#22 Jul 10, 2014
That's exactly how you make change; start with coins and work up to the bill handed to you.

I learned this when I drove a catering truck during the 1980's recession. There were no better jobs around, so I took that job on commission.

There have been times when the cashier handed me too much money, and I pointed it out to her. One time, a girl got furious with me because I pointed out her mistake. Okay, then I'll leave with what you gave me. When your drawer turns up short, think of me at home laughing my azz off. LOL!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Garfield Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GARFIELD HEIGHTS: 15-year-old shot in church pa... (Mar '14) 2 hr I Am Papoose 16
Noise ordinance (Jul '15) 2 hr The Man With 3 Balls 7
writing a book,need help on this"forgotten" par... (Mar '12) Jun 7 Joe bananas 14
good ol boys (Apr '12) Jun 2 AYM 7
News The Enduring Mystery Of Beverly Jarosz (Feb '08) May '16 Travelinman 1,139
Cleveland Hts. Curfew (Jul '11) May '16 Diaryfoxx 76
hey ineed to ask a question (Aug '15) May '16 Ginger23 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Garfield Heights Mortgages