First Prev
of 3
Next Last
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#41 Apr 26, 2014
Newburgh NY resident wrote:
Looks like our city council here is going to hire Michael Ciaravino for city manager. Can anyone here share any information about him. I know he was mayor of Maple Heights for 4 years, did he choose not to run for a second term or did he run and get defeated? Is he a strong leader? Our city has the highest crime rate per capita in NYS, is he tough on crime? What did he do for Maple Heights? Any information will be greatly appreciated.
I liked him. I had a complaint about something going on near my home and he invited me to a personal meeting. He's a good guy.

Mike Ciaravino made national news when he instituted the Parent Responsibility law. He was holding parents responsible for the actions of their children. As I said, he was doing radio interviews all over the country because it was so controversial. One lowlife parent fought it in court and won because the judge claimed that the law was too ambiguous, so they didn't pursue it any longer.

He's a guy that had high hopes for Maple Heights, but he didn't get along well with our criminal City Council. To me, that was a good thing, especially at the time. He was trying to get colleges interested in erecting a mini college in the city where Southgate now stands.

Other than not getting along with other officials in the city, I say having him back would be a real asset to our suburb. Hope this information was helpful.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#42 Apr 26, 2014
Looks like our city council here is going to hire Michael Ciaravino for city manager. Can anyone here share any information about him. I know he was mayor of Maple Heights for 4 years, did he choose not to run for a second term or did he run and get defeated? Is he a strong leader? Our city has the highest crime rate per capita in NYS, is he tough on crime? What did he do for Maple Heights? Any information will be greatly appreciated.
Whoops. Forgot to answer one of your questions:

Mike was forced out of office because he was a part-time lawyer. The Council was behind Lansky for Mayor so they passed a law that said the Mayor could not have another job. I may be wrong, but after Lansky got into office, they rescinded the law. Like I said, the Council was a bunch of criminals. Anyway, Mike didn't want to give up practicing law and he knew Council hated him, so he didn't run for another term.
Maple Resident

Cleveland, OH

#43 Apr 26, 2014
I remember that bill Mike wanted to get passed where parents would be responsible for their kids' action and that [black] woman piss moaning about it. Ain't that something? They crap the kids out like they're a clown car and then they don't feel that their responsible for what their little heathens do. Ok...so if some kid comes onto my property and my dogs use them as their personal chew toys, I don't feel I should be responsible for my dogs' actions!
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#44 Apr 27, 2014
When we grew up, it was a give-in that the parents were responsible for the actions of their kids. Now a days it's unheard of. Kids are individuals and they can't be held accountable for what they decide to do and neither can their parent.

It goes to show the lack of integrity with people today. When I was young and a kid got into trouble, the parents were embarrassed. They felt that their kids actions was a reflection of how the child was raised. The parents were ashamed. Today, they are not only not embarrassed, but will proudly defend these kids.

It's one of the reasons I liked Michael Ciaravino so much. An old school guy that didn't back down in the face of controversy. Right is right and wrong is wrong.

City Council knew that Lansky didn't stand a chance against Ciaravino. That's why they rigged it so that he couldn't run for another term. Like I said, back then there were a lot of criminals in the Council. I still don't like some of the people there. If it's possible, watch how they vote and you'll see who's part of the old gang.
Newburgh NY resident

New Windsor, NY

#45 Apr 28, 2014
Thanks so much for your comments. It gives me a little insight into his character. This is a tough little city, only 3.5 square miles, 33,000 people, a third black, a third white, a third hispanic. Lots of crime, an exodus of homeowners and and influx of people on social services, with lots of gangs. He sure will have his work cut out for him. If you're interested in seeing him in action I believe he will start in June 2014. You can watch the council meetings on you tube. I hope he can handle some really rude people, ignorant people. The last city manager resigned.
Thanks again.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#46 Apr 28, 2014
Thanks so much for your comments. It gives me a little insight into his character. This is a tough little city, only 3.5 square miles, 33,000 people, a third black, a third white, a third hispanic. Lots of crime, an exodus of homeowners and and influx of people on social services, with lots of gangs. He sure will have his work cut out for him. If you're interested in seeing him in action I believe he will start in June 2014. You can watch the council meetings on you tube. I hope he can handle some really rude people, ignorant people. The last city manager resigned.
Thanks again.
Glad I could help. I think he'll be okay with the exception of Lansky. I'm sure there is still some bad blood between them. But then again, who really likes Lansky? LOL!
City of Newburgh employee

Wallkill, NY

#47 Apr 30, 2014
I read your comments...I can only hope you under played how tough Mr. Cairavino really is....We have a big bad bully on our City Council and he desperately needs to be put in his place...hope Mr. C has golden parachute in his contract just in case....bully hires low life crap just because they are the right color...one of his hires has 9 charges against him in his first year but bully still won't admit to any wrong doings and crappy still has a job. ( interim City Manger has no stones)....thanks for the insight. ( and some hope)
Steve _ A Maple Resident

Cleveland, OH

#48 Jun 20, 2014
For a moment I thought about not replying to such ignorance but its So sad and So ignorant that I feel I must say something. Mr Resident, you say it's hard to tell the "good ones" from the "bad ones" because "they all look alike" you've even made a reference to the hoodie. So, would it be safe to say that every white man with a beard is a killer looking to bring about the apocalypse by way of a race war?(Charles Manson) or that every clean cut white man is looking to rape my son and possibly eat him?(Jeffrey Dahmer). the statement that you made on this post makes me feel sorry for you and also makes me hope that you do not have offspring to forward this garbage to. I would say that you do not seem to be an educated man but that would be wrong because though there is a huge absence of education, there is No evidence of manhood. To use slurs like mudheads and cockroaches is really Sick and Sad. You made a statement about blacks being hung like wind chimes, don't you realize that in your idiotic rant, you just condone the very thing you're complaining about? Look here, I am an educated Black Man and I am glad that you can't tell the difference between the "good ones" and the "bad ones" because while the black cockroaches that's killing for 50 bucks and a Charles Manson of the world my worry me, It's people like You that are far more dangerous.
P.S.
Did you notice that I used not one racial slur? it's called having a vocabulary, a valid point of view and most importantly being a man. Try it Mr. Maple Resident.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#49 Jun 20, 2014
Allow me to try and appeal to your "education" there Steve.

Talking about blacks is similar to talking about Islam. Not every Muslim is a terrorist but nearly every terrorist is a Muslim. It's the same way with blacks.

Your average everyday white middle-class neighborhood doesn't have to fear people like Manson or Dahmer. It would be a very rare occurrence that any white (or black) person should run into such an individual. Your chances would be better hitting the lottery. Quite the opposite in a diverse neighborhood.

If you're a long time Maple resident, then you only have to look outside of your door for evidence to what I say. Because a white Maple Heights seen perhaps one murder every decade or so? Now we see at least two or more every year. Armed robberies? Never. Now they happen all the time. Gang fights? Now we had to cancel our Forth of July fireworks because you can't assemble any large group of blacks without it turning into gang fights or riots.

Does this mean you are responsible for all the problems blacks plagued our suburb with? No it doesn't. But what is true is that without any blacks, Maple would still be a safe and secure town; a place where people could take a nice summer evening walk; a place where people could send their kids to school with confidence; a place where property values are steady or increasing instead of our $30,000 houses that we have today.

Are you responsible for all the garbage on my front lawn Steve? Are you responsible for all the noise at night keeping me awake or waking me up during the week? Are you responsible for our businesses closing up or moving the hell out of our suburb? Are you responsible for the almost non-stop Rap crap from automobiles? Are you responsible for our murders, armed robberies, thefts and shoplifting that goes on in our community Steve?

Maybe not, but other blacks are, and given the fact we CAN'T separate the good blacks from the bad, the only reasonable option is to try and keep blacks out of our city or move to a place where no blacks are. Or can you entertain us with a different educated option Steve?
Maple Resident

Maple Heights, OH

#50 Jun 21, 2014
xxx, I agree with your post above all the way. I been saying the same thing for years.

Like when I go out back to take my dogs out to piss for a few minutes, I have to lock the side door, even though I'm going to be out back for just a couple minutes. And why? Because the news stations on tv tell me to keep everything locked up. Well, they might not say,'keep your doors locked if you're outside', but they tell stories about an old man or woman that went out to their detached garage for a minute and when they got back to the side door, two people came running out of the door. And who were these two people? Two blacks. On the news 9 out of 10 homicide stories are of blacks doing the killings. 9 out of 10 robbery stories are blacks, same with the rest of the crimes.

So that's why we whites keep an eye on what's going on, lock our doors, keep out door lights on at night, buy fences, buy bugler alarms, buy surveillance cameras, buy dogs and especially buy guns! It's not the whites that are racists, we just don't like black crime in the city.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#51 Jun 22, 2014
It's not that I don't sympathize with the blacks that are not trouble makers, it's just that I get a little perturbed when blacks call whites racist because we object to blacks ruining things we had. It's not their fault, it's ours for being racist.

They never put the shoe on the other foot. They just look at things from their point of view and expect us to change for them. Either that or we are supposed to sit idly by pretending there are no real changes to our city since blacks moved in.

It's not that all white communities are trouble free, but if a lowlife white moves into a white middle-class suburb, the people harass them out of the area. When a lowlife black moves into a diverse suburb like ours, other blacks welcome them with open arms. That's how it goes downhill. But of course, that's our fault.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#52 Jun 22, 2014
Speaking of the devil:

Maple Hts. man killed after house party in Cleveland

CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO)-

Cleveland Homicide Detectives are currently investigating the death of a 20-year-old Maple Heights man.

The incident occurred at around 1:50 a.m. on Sunday, June 22, in the 3800 block of E.147.

Fourth district officers responded to E.147 and Glendale for shots fired.

Officers located the victim lying in the street, with a large group of people in front of 3831 E.147. The victim has a gunshot wound to the chest.

http://www.19actionnews.com/story/25838806/ma...

Remember the old days when cigarette companies had commercials on the television? When I read stories like this, I can't help but to think of the Salem cigarette jingle:

"You can take Salem out of the country but......... you can't take the country out of Salem."
Maple Resident

Maple Heights, OH

#53 Jun 22, 2014
I get the cigarette jingle and yep, it fits, the way we're thinking of it.

I saw that shooting on the news too. Now we have to go out and get another black to replace the one we lost! lol! I make a joke out of it because that's all it is, it's just one big, huge joke.

Blacks wanted their freedom and got it. Then they wanted equal rights and they got it. They even got their black president and he's ruining the country every time he opens his mouth and the blacks just don't see that. All they care about is that one of their race is finally president.

And I also agree with you, xxx, on the fact that there's a lot of good black people here but it just seems like there's way more bad ones.

You ever notice when you drive down the street and a black kid or guy is walking up the sidewalk how they'll look at you as you drive by and they spit on the grass or sidewalk? And/or they grab their crotch? I take it that this is some kind of inside joke to them. It doesn't piss me off though, it makes me laugh because I think to myself that there's another ignorant racist who feels I owe him something! lol! I owe them SH1T!
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#54 Jun 23, 2014
I get that a lot when I'm mowing my lawn or cutting the hedges out front. They pass by me without saying a word and I respond in like. However, there are some that will greet me and again, I respond accordingly.

The nice black people are very nice, and it's those people I kind of feel sorry for. They are a minority of a minority and I can sympathize with their position. But like you said, most give you that dirty look as if I moved into their neighborhood instead of the other way around.

As for DumBama, it seems blacks and yes, some whites were too anxious to see a black President in the White House. Because they rushed, the first black President is turning out to be an utter failure. Those people I don't feel sorry for.

We have tens of thousands of illegal children crossing our borders that will be a liability to us taxpayers. Iraq is now a terrorist hotbed because this idiot in the White House was so against the Iraq war. Iran keeps getting closer to nuclear weapons every day. Our economy still sucks although I think it may improve this summer no thanks to Berry the Community Organizer. And this is the most anti-business President we've ever seen in our lifetime, not to mention our electric rates will increase in the coming years because this bone head had his EPA close down coal fired power plants and force the remaining open facilities to invest millions of dollars in "green" that we the customers will have to pay for.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#55 Jun 25, 2014
Now it's moving up LIbby Road:

Shooting on Fairtree in Bedford Heights

Posted: Jun 25, 2014 8:33 PM EDT
Updated: Jun 25, 2014 9:50 PM EDT

BEDFORD HEIGHTS, OH (WOIO)-
Bedford Heights police confirm a shooting on Fairtree Road near Libby Road.

Sources say that a man was shot three times in the chest, following an argument with a neighbor.

19 Action News has a crew heading to the scene. Check back for more details.

http://www.19actionnews.com/story/25873118/sh...
Maple Resident

Maple Heights, OH

#56 Jun 27, 2014
I heard there also was a shooting on Watson Rd which is between Northfield Rd and Warrensville Center Rd. A 22 year old was shot and killed.

Don't these bozos know that they will get caught and end up in prison? Hell, maybe they kill on purpose to get away from all the chubby black women they impregnated so they don't have to pay child support. Odd how they don't think they'll be headed off to prison for murder. Well, the way I see it is, that's one less criminal off the streets when they get caught and the one who gets shot probably has a record longer than Pink Floyd's The Wall.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#57 Jun 27, 2014
Blacks have turned a shameful situation of being imprisoned into a badge of honor.

Many younger people want to be transcending in their society. Many of us wanted to do what was cool and perhaps something crazy that our peers would always remember.

Now it's turned into being locked up like an animal being the cool thing. Granted, nobody really wants to be locked up, but some see a good side to it in the event they do get caught.

The cool people with blacks are those other blacks that are doing time. They are talked about by their peers and believe there is some notoriety in being a prisoner. You're tough, you survive, you're cool.

Of course for serious crimes, you get older and grow out of the "cool" concern as we all do. But when you're locked up for life or damn near life, it's not so cool in your middle and advanced ages. Of course by then, it's too late and all you can do is sit in jail thinking about all of life you missed out on. But when you're young" You're cool for going to prison.
Maple Resident

Maple Heights, OH

#58 Jun 27, 2014
That just shows everyone how backwards those people are. Especially the ones that think it's cool to kill someone. Ok, so it's cool by their standards to kill someone. So how about if someone kills their mother? Or their 10 year old brother or sister? Still cool? What I think would be cool is if the one who thought it was cool to kill someone is in the same prison cell with the one who killed his little sister. Now THAT would be cool!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Garfield Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 10 min Pope Che Reagan C... 31,172
Bedford man charged in Maple Hts robbery 4 hr Maple Resident 7
W8GC, Please trim your eye brows. 12 hr WB8N 7
Maple hts 19 hr Maple Resident 10
Maple Heights City Council 21 hr xxxrayted 34
Armed men break into Maple Heights home 22 hr Mapleman 7
kd8fts ????? Sat WB8N 1
•••

Rip Current Statement for Cuyahoga County was issued at September 21 at 4:17AM EDT

•••
•••
•••

Garfield Heights Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Garfield Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Garfield Heights News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Garfield Heights